Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. (45166 Views)

Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed / Police And Cult Gang Clash In Ejigbo, Many Feared Injured / Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by oliverperry(m): 10:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
Very stupid police I was also almost treated the same way.i parked in front of a bank and I was re drawing money the 3 police men just came to me and showed me there I'd card and said they were doing stop and search I was like ok they asked for my id card I said it not with me they said where is my phone I showed them but I did not give them then they asked where is my phone receipt I asked him why will he ask that kind of question then he said I should give him my phone I gave him he asked me to unlock my phone I said no then he told me he would embarrass me now I said ok then I told him this was the way I was rubbed by some police then I started shouting at them and I used my other phone to call a friend he's a navy office I put the phone in loud speaker they where scared then the police said let free this one joor. They left me and they never knew I was with a car I waited and watched them go first and I went inside the car and I drove pass them one of the police said ( this boy na yahoo boy we for no leave am you see way thing you cause na na car the guy carry come ) and there was hold up I just whine up but I could hear what they were saying..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by oliverperry(m): 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
We just need to be careful and don't argue too much with them and find a way to over come them don't be scared when you are talking to them and don't panic
Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by franklynsunny(m): 10:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
I wear my company ID card on ma head nowadays cos I ve bin harassed more than 101 times...d question dey ask is always funny

3 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by joe4real12: 10:59pm On Sep 24, 2016
Senorprinz:
if someone tried selling the NPF (Nigerian police fraud) to you, would you buy?
Good investment!
I will simply mount roadblock @ every 100metres and ensure they all come back with returns. grin aggressive extortion

2 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by andyanders: 10:59pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ask4Info:
[b]I AM SORRY BUT I THINK MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS DESERVE SUCH TREATMENT.

WHEN YOU ALL SHOULD ALL COME TOGETHER AND UNITE AND FIGHT THE COMMON ENEMY YOU PEOPLE LOOK FOR THE SLIGHTEST OPPORTUNITY TO CURSE EACH OTHERS TRIBE AND RELIGION. AS IF YOUR ETHNIC BACKGROUND AND RELIGION IS THE REASON WHILE THE OTHER MAN ISN'T PROGRESSING.

TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR MATES IN EGYPT, USA, FRANCE, PAKISTAN AND EVERY OTHER SANE COUNTRY. AS SOON AS THERE IS A MALTREATMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT ON A CITIZEN, WITHIN 24 HOURS THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WILL TAKE TO THE STREETS FOR SOLIDARITY. IN NIGERIA THE CASE IS THE REVERSE.

AFTER THE MASSIVE CORRUPTION DISCOVERED IN THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY, WHO WILL BELIEVE THOSE ANIMALS WILL STILL BE IN THAT BUILDING. A PLACE WHERE THE YOUTHS SHOULD HAVE LONGED OCCUPIED AND CHASED THEM AWAY.

SOME POVERTY STRICKEN INDIVIDUALS ARE STILL SUPPORTING PATIENCE JONATHAN CLAIMING OWNERSHIP OF THE $20M DOLLARS.

INSTANGRAM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND NAIRALAND WON'T HELP. YOU ALL SHOULD STOP BEING CHICKENS AND GO OUT THERE TO FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY YOURS.[/b]

Best comment here. The NPF is the worst on the face of this earth. The last IG did something good for this country by stopping them building a checkpoint. Now, they are back on the street since the current IG came in.

Why can't this be stopped? Answer; Nigerians, mostly 99% of the youths are cowards. They only want finished food hence the attitude of the 80% of uneducated police officers who are bunch of official armed thieves.

It is the right time ONLY graduates are been recruited to the force.

6 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by achieverme(m): 11:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
floragregs:
He should have given them the damn phone to avoid beating! We all know Naija police are not humans na. E better to just avoid them abeg.
ok. I'm counting on u like 1,2,3,4.....hoping u will be there. wink
Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by Arjeeni: 11:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ask4Info:

WHEN YOU ALL SHOULD ALL COME TOGETHER AND UNITE AND FIGHT THE COMMON ENEMY YOU PEOPLE LOOK FOR THE SLIGHTEST OPPORTUNITY TO CURSE EACH OTHERS TRIBE AND RELIGION. AS IF YOUR ETHNIC BACKGROUND AND RELIGION IS THE REASON WHILE THE OTHER MAN ISN'T PROGRESSING.

TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR MATES IN EGYPT, USA, FRANCE, PAKISTAN AND EVERY OTHER SANE COUNTRY. AS SOON AS THERE IS A MALTREATMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT ON A CITIZEN, WITHIN 24 HOURS THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WILL TAKE TO THE STREETS FOR SOLIDARITY. IN NIGERIA THE CASE IS THE REVERSE.

AFTER THE MASSIVE CORRUPTION DISCOVERED IN THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY, WHO WILL BELIEVE THOSE ANIMALS WILL STILL BE IN THAT BUILDING. A PLACE WHERE THE YOUTHS SHOULD HAVE LONGED OCCUPIED AND CHASED THEM AWAY.

SOME POVERTY STRICKEN INDIVIDUALS ARE STILL SUPPORTING PATIENCE JONATHAN CLAIMING OWNERSHIP OF THE $20M DOLLARS.

INSTANGRAM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND NAIRALAND WON'T HELP. YOU ALL SHOULD STOP BEING CHICKENS AND GO OUT THERE TO FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY YOURS.[/b]

My brother.......... This kind of scenario best described as 'zombies'

During my college days I happen to be SUG president, then I was taught lessons I can't forget in my life.

If we all agreed to confront the management about the poor conditions of the school, I will go extra mile before the agreed date by setting a lot on motion at the end of the day no one will come to give the promised backing. I was nearly dismissed.

Nigerians are coward and this has been our greatest problem and believe, this brought us to where we are today.

4 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by Arclan07: 11:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
In as much as I do not support the injustice the policemen meted at you, you should know that you don't argue with a man that carries a gun ,cos when the gun talks humans stop talking,so be wise next time give out your phone at gun point to save your dear life.may god help us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by dacovajnr: 11:10pm On Sep 24, 2016
sholex020:
somthing have to be done. Please report to the appropriate authority. Sorry abt what happen to you
Yes something Really have to be done grin

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by Jailerrr(f): 11:19pm On Sep 24, 2016
after all you still received beating, as simple as that, hand your phone over you de form literate fellow for police wey be illiterate na,if it were to be in foreign country, would you object to their security commands? if na army you go fit do pem? that's a lesson well learnt.tomorrow you respect your security personnels
Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by temptnow: 11:20pm On Sep 24, 2016
SafeDavid:
grin

Lets call a spade a spade.

Internet fraud and show business in Nigeria goes hand in hand.

From eMoney to Bnaira..

Most internet fraudsters are also aspiring musicians. cool

Nonetheless, police brutality needs to be looked into.
The Nigeria police force operatives aren't well trained in aspects of law and legality.
Maybe a more stringent recruitment into the force might help in that aspect.

#My2kOBO
you have an empty brain. Go chop make food enter your belle. I pray you will have sense soon

2 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by ollah2: 11:22pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ask4Info:

Fela said it already that we are zombies and yes we trully are
Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by Originalsly: 11:27pm On Sep 24, 2016
floragregs:
He should have given them the damn phone to avoid beating! We all know Naija police are not humans na. E better to just avoid them abeg.
This is the kind thinking and behaviour that encourage police to abuse their power....people not standing up nor making any attempt to fight for their rights. It has now reached a stage where Police feel free to demand and search phones. Tomorrow when they demand to see your bank account and access #...is it then you would try to stand up?...is it then they would be going too far? Blacks in America are being shot and killed for little or no reason by police... what did the Blacks do?....protest...video tape incidences...broadcast them on social media...hold demonstrations.. demand change..pressure the authorities to take action...results?..less shootings..a White police officer has been charged first degree manslaughter. What are we doing?...not even trying to use our phones to expose these uniformed bandits on social media. Change has to come from us.@topic...op has concluded all were policemen...since one had on a uniform... were they?..did he make a report?..but we expect change.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by Hades2016(m): 11:31pm On Sep 24, 2016
Nigerian police are more dangerous than armed robbers ooooo grin

2 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by ahamonyeka(m): 11:38pm On Sep 24, 2016
But,I do not think it will cost you any thing to let them go through your phone if you have nothing that could implicate you than the wounds you sustained.
Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by xcolanto(m): 11:50pm On Sep 24, 2016
ollah2:

Fela said it already that we are zombies and yes we trully are

No sir! We are not all zombies! Just those that voted for apc are.

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
Maido who is an artist took to his Instagram page to share his brutal experience with Nigerian policemen. He alleged, that he was attacked because he refused to surrender his phone. He wrote;

"Yesterday was the worst day of my life, infact I almost lost it. At about 7pm I was driving along lagos-Ibadan express way with a friend, when we noticed a car closing up on ours and someone waving to us, asking us to stop.

After I took sometime to observe I suspected it was the police and I pulled over. Actually they weren't even in a police vehicle so I couldn't have noticed early enough. They were armed, one of them furiously came to me shouting. He said they have been trying to stop me or chasing me for a while. I was suprised because I did not notice at all.

There were three of them, only one was on uniform. They immediately started cursing and using vulgar words on us, they called us criminals for no reason, after so much interrogation they decided to do a search on the vehicle, I consented to that, and when they could not find anything incriminating in the car they demanded to search our phones.

I refused them checking my phone because they had already seized my friend's phone for no reason, I simply tried to make them understand that my phone is my private property but instead of hearing me out, they resorted to physical assault. They hit me with all sort of objects including their guns, I had to do my best to leave the scene for my dear life.

I was terribly injured over a phone that wasn't worth it at all, I equally lost my wrist watch. The question is, what wrong have I done by being a regular Nigerian young boy into entertainment. This police brutality has finally got to me and the world must know, Police brutality has to stop, its me today and it might be you tomorrow #StopPoliceBrutality#IdemandJustice #NigeriaPoliceForce#policebrutality

http://autojosh.com/nigeria-police-phone-search-saga/

Video.. https://www.instagram.com/p/BKsL1w8jfsP/?taken-by=juicyboymaido

OP, as much as you're correct but the side of the road is not where you argue your case with the police.
Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by ProsAutos: 12:04am On Sep 25, 2016

3 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by ProsAutos: 12:07am On Sep 25, 2016
Arclan07:
In as much as I do not support the injustice the policemen meted at you, you should know that you don't argue with a man that carries a gun ,cos when the gun talks humans stop talking,so be wise next time give out your phone at gun point to save your dear life.may god help us.

Nope, he should never do that. How can a police hold an innocent Nigerian at gun point?

You give out the phone, and it continues to happen.

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by Infajay(m): 12:08am On Sep 25, 2016
Shey in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by emynike2001(m): 12:17am On Sep 25, 2016
ARE U SEE WHAT AM SAW
Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by banmee(m): 12:25am On Sep 25, 2016
floragregs:

He did the right thing by resisting the police. When you avoid injustice you are only perpetuating and delaying the effect on you yourself. If you don't fight for yourselves, guess what? No one will fight for you. There is a reason the police think they can get away with anything. People just pay up and keep quiet. Ask yourself, "if i don't fight for myself, who is going to fight for me"?

6 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by motherfucker: 12:26am On Sep 25, 2016
Ask4Info:

NIGERIANS ARE COWARDS!

2 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by SouthWestBlood(m): 12:36am On Sep 25, 2016
Jailerrr:
after all you still received beating, as simple as that, hand your phone over you de form literate fellow for police wey be illiterate na,if it were to be in foreign country, would you object to their security commands? if na army you go fit do pem? that's a lesson well learnt.tomorrow you respect your security personnels

Shut up!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by djprinzy(m): 12:43am On Sep 25, 2016
SafeDavid:
grin

Lets call a spade a spade.

Internet fraud and show business in Nigeria goes hand in hand.

From eMoney to Bnaira, Olu maintain even sang a popular hit song cerebrating Yahoo. cheesy

Its a fact that most internet fraudsters are also aspiring musicians. cool

Nonetheless, police brutality needs to be looked into.
The Nigeria police force operatives aren't well trained in aspects of law and legality.
For instance, checking someone's phone is an invasion of one's privacy which can be sanctioned under law.

Maybe a more stringent recruitment process might help in that aspect.

#MyOpinion

Oga u gat no point!! Your opinion is wack.. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by armadeo(m): 1:00am On Sep 25, 2016
djprinzy:

Oga u gat no point!! Your opinion is wack.. .

Guy I am surprised at the number of regards that are online.

Only in Nigeria would a man put himself in chains and answer master to his neighbour.

Me I hate police and God would punish thier genratiobs to come. they are all criminals.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by 9icetoo(m): 1:10am On Sep 25, 2016
SUPOL, come and see your people.
they chased down an innocent citizen with an unmarked vehicle (offence number 1). they demand a search of the vehicle and are duly obliged. when nothing incriminating was found, why didn't they just wave the travellers on? they instead went after their phones. was there anything in the car to suggest they are criminals? I don't think so. I don't even think anyone called them to report that the car they were travelling in is linked to any crime. however police will be police. for refusing to surrender his phone (which by the way is his private property and personal effect, all manner of physical abuse was meted out on him.
make una kwantinue. one day na one day.
lawyer plenty for my FAM. my wife na lawyer. I dey look una with one eye.
yeye people.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by berrystunn(m): 1:25am On Sep 25, 2016
They do that shit in festac... Asking for phone
They don't have right... To check your phone

If they....see any international number or any deal in your chat room

They will take.....you to station
Next thing you will hear them saying efcc.
Just for the bill /Money to be high shocked

By boyzz

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by Senorprinz(m): 2:22am On Sep 25, 2016
joe4real12:

Good investment!
I will simply mount roadblock @ every 100metres and ensure they all come back with returns. grin aggressive extortion
i'm quite sure you won't experience roadblocks of anykind on your way to hell.
Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by WINNERMENTALITY: 2:59am On Sep 25, 2016
Jailerrr:
You are indeed a slave to Illiteracy and Mediocreism .. Have u ever leaved the shores of this country for once to reason like a human being.. Your type is the problem young nigerians Have.. Mofo

5 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. by easyfem(m): 3:10am On Sep 25, 2016
Hello everyone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Beats & Locks Up His 3-Year-Old Son In Bayelsa, Cuts His Ear With Scissors / Soldier Beats A Businessman At Aba Night Club For Allowing His Body Touch Him / Father Gor Joseph's Facebook Post About Fulani Herdsmen In January Before Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.