Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,732 members, 7,844,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

$20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan (718 Views)

Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning / $20m Accounts: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit N10bn Hotel To FG(pictures) / Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by yns4real: 6:45am On Sep 25, 2016
ENIOLA AKINKUOTU
Having frozen her personal account
with a balance of $5m as well as four
other accounts linked to her with a
balance of $15.6m, the Economic and
Financial Crimes Commission is set to
invite Dame Patience Jonathan, the
wife of former President Goodluck
Jonathan.
Impeccable sources at the EFCC told
SUNDAY PUNCH that detectives had
visited the Skye Bank branch on
Adeola Hopewell, Victoria Island,
where the accounts were opened
and had obtained the files
containing Patience’s information.
The source told our correspondent
that the detectives had been able to
establish a prima facie case of money
laundering and forgery against
Patience.

It will be recalled that as part of
investigations into a former Special
Adviser to the President on Domestic
Affairs, Waripamowei Dudafa, the
EFCC traced four company accounts to
him all domiciled at Skye Bank.
The bank accounts of the four
companies — Pluto Property and
Investment Company Limited;
Seagate Property Development and
Investment Company Limited; Trans
Ocean Property and Investment
Company Limited; and Globus
Integrated Service Limited — were
said to have been opened with
stolen identities.
Some of the directors of the
company were also said to be
domestic servants of Dudafa who did
not know that any account had been
opened on their behalf.
Shortly before the EFCC could arraign
the suspects, Mrs. Jonathan deposed
to an affidavit insisting that the
monies belonged to her, a move
which prompted the commission to
beam its searchlight on Patience.
A detective at the EFCC said, “After
three months of investigation, I can
confirm to you that we are set to
invite Patience Jonathan. We
obtained the files from the bank and
we realised that those accounts with
the $15m were opened with fake
identity cards, including driving
licences.
“We took the cards and went to the
Federal Road Safety Corps to verify if
the cards were authentic. We found
out that the cards were fake. So, this
is not just money laundering but a
clear case of fraud.
“If they had nothing to hide, why did
they go to this length?”
While the companies have pleaded
guilty, Patience insists that the
money belongs to her but claims she
does not know the companies.
In an affidavit, one Sammie Somiari
deposed to on behalf of Patience,
Mrs. Jonathan claimed that Dudafa
helped Patience to open the bank
accounts in 2010.
However, EFCC investigations
revealed that the accounts were
opened between 2013 and 2014.
According to Somiari, Dudafa had on
March 22, 2010 brought two Skye
Bank officers to meet Patience at
home to open five accounts.
The deponent claimed that Patience
was the sole signatory to the
accounts.
He, however, claimed that after the
five accounts were opened, Patience
later discovered that Dudafa opened
only one of the accounts in her name
while the other four were opened in
the names of companies belonging
to Dudafa.
Meanwhile, sources within the
agency told our correspondent that
the commission had been under
pressure to drop the case as there
are plans by Patience’s supporters to
embark on a series of protests this
week.
On Friday, scores of supporters of
Mrs. Jonathan stormed the Port
Harcourt zonal office of the EFCC
asking the commission to stop
probing her.
They insisted that Patience, who is
also from Rivers State, was innocent.
The protesters, who were led by one
Sara-Igbe Sukubo, a self-professed
anti-corruption ambassador, said
they were in the commission to
express their unhappiness and
submit their letter of protest over
what he called ill-treatment of Mrs.
Jonathan.
In his response, the South-South
zonal head of the EFCC, Ishaq Salilu,
told the protesters that the EFCC as a
creation of law discharges its
responsibilities within the ambits of
the law.
He said, “The EFCC is a law-abiding
organisation which discharges its
duties not minding whose ox is
gored. We do not shy away from our
responsibilities. Where there is a
case, we pursue it to its logical
conclusion, if there is no case, there
is none, we move to other things.
The motto of the commission is
‘Nobody is above the law.’”
Copyright PUNCH.

http://punchng.com/20m-accounts-efcc-invite-patience-jonathan/

Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by HungerBAD: 6:53am On Sep 25, 2016
Following

2 Likes

Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by richidinho(m): 6:54am On Sep 25, 2016
EFCC can talk ehn!!!

During Fayose's drama they even went as far as putting his BVN online, same govt that said we should not disclose our BVN to 3rd party

3 Likes

Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by tuniski: 7:01am On Sep 25, 2016
richidinho:
EFCC can talk ehn!!!

During Fayose's drama they even went as far as putting his BVN online, same govt that said we should nit disclose our BVN to 3rd party
No mind those useless people. After all the noise, they have succeeded in landing us into recession they still no get sense.

1 Like

Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by paschal47(m): 7:03am On Sep 25, 2016
now this is Bleep!ng complicating.

anyways EFCC guys are as good as jobless
Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by modath(f): 7:06am On Sep 25, 2016
We obtained the files from the bank and we realised that those accounts with the $15m were opened with fake identity cards, including driving licences.

“We took the cards and went to the Federal Road Safety Corps to verify if the cards were authentic. We found out that the cards were fake. So, this is not just money laundering but a clear case of fraud.

“If they had nothing to hide, why did they go to this length?” While the companies have pleaded guilty, Patience insists that the money belongs to her but claims she does not know the companies.

Oh ye wailers..... In all una bellyaching, kindly do not forget the highlighted and the fact that EFCC never made a case with Mama Piss, daughter of 8th wonder of the world-- someone who miraculously became unexplainably wealthy post mortem.

She was the one who believed she could arm twist the nation and blackmail her into submission with multiple tall tales and using their usual M.O.....

Scavengers are back, resumed playing with fireworks, we all know how and why things blow up that way (pun intended) .... sooner rather than later, patience will run dry (Pun fully intended) .... nuff said lipsrsealed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by Elkay3: 7:07am On Sep 25, 2016
I don't see that happening in a long time to come, won't even see it in movie or dream. Because my country isn't ripe for such boldness.
Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by Hiploko(m): 7:15am On Sep 25, 2016
modath:

Oh ye wailers..... In all una bellyaching, kindly do not forget the highlighted and the fact that EFCC never made a case with Mama Piss, daughter of 8th wonder of the world-- someone who miraculously became unexplainably wealthy post mortem.

She was the one who believed she could arm twist the nation and blackmail her into submission with multiple tall tales and using their usual M.O.....

Scavengers are back, resumed playing with fireworks, we all know how and why things blow up that way (pun intended) .... sooner rather than later, patience will run dry (Pun fully intended) .... nuff said lipsrsealed
how I wish you made sense!
Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by HtwoOw: 7:15am On Sep 25, 2016
Reeeeeeespect muan

Like a Boss
modath:

2 Likes

Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by HtwoOw: 7:19am On Sep 25, 2016
Now that EFCC has a hard on for PEJ I predict a Bleep coming just in a matter of weeks and trust me, GEJ is running up and down as we speak, I was somewhere last night PDP sitting, they are still shocked how far Buhari has gone and how deep he's willing to go , they complained of not having chance to patch things up

PEJ will be arrested, heaven will not fall

She will sing like a canary, more arrests will be made

And anybody forms avenger, crocodile will smile

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by modath(f): 7:25am On Sep 25, 2016
Hiploko:

My opinions can't make sense to you... it takes some natural aptitude which the swimmer that became you fell short of!!

Not all fast swimmers are top notch, brawn sometimes outclasses brain... Ryan Lochte is a clear example!! cool

3 Likes

Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by Hiploko(m): 7:29am On Sep 25, 2016
modath:

My opinions can't make sense to you... it takes some natural aptitude which the swimmer that became you fell short of!!

Not all fast swimmers are top notch, brawn sometimes outclasses brain... Ryan Lochte is a clear example!! cool
shhhhhhhh child! Shhhhhhhhh

2 Likes

Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by modath(f): 7:33am On Sep 25, 2016
Hiploko:
shhhhhhhh child! Shhhhhhhhh

Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by kcnwaigbo: 7:47am On Sep 25, 2016
HtwoOw:
Now that EFCC has a hard on for PEJ I predict a Bleep coming just in a matter of weeks and trust me, GEJ is running up and down as we speak, I was somewhere last night PDP sitting, they are still shocked how far Buhari has gone and how deep he's willing to go , they complained of not having chance to patch things up

PEJ will be arrested, heaven will not fall

She will sing like a canary, more arrests will be made

And anybody forms avenger, crocodile will smile
grin grin last time I checked President Buhari was the one complaining about how the avengers have made him broke.After all this media noise nothing will happen
Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by malton: 7:50am On Sep 25, 2016
Hiploko:

When you are not smart enough, you should be sensible enough to not reveal your deficiency out in the public like that.

That post is sensible, reasonable and overall, lays credence to the intellectual prowess of the poster.

Certain things are not meant for everyone's consumption, you know!

Looks like you're ready to sacrifice your own reputation for the Jonathans.

2 Likes

Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by Hiploko(m): 7:54am On Sep 25, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

grin grin last time I checked President Buhari was the one complaining about how the avengers have made him broke.After all this media noise nothing will happen
its so sad that zombies are still been deceived with the media gimmick of this government. This is food for the new week. Argue and debate on while I buy time to hide my incompetence.
Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by judedave181: 7:57am On Sep 25, 2016
All I can see is witch hunting, if possible to check the account balance of all past wife of the president and even present ministers in Buhari's cabinet am sure more than that will b found... Buhari is in power today Magu is displaying his stupidity by dancing to the tune of his boss, time will come when he's going to b a victim...
Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by malton: 8:00am On Sep 25, 2016
Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by Oblang(m): 9:06am On Sep 25, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Just chill.. Let's see how far the avengers can go on this. One thing I like abt this govt is that blackmail is not in their dictionary.
Re: $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan by Oblang(m): 9:11am On Sep 25, 2016
judedave181:
All I can see is witch hunting, if possible to check the account balance of all past wife of the president and even present ministers in Buhari's cabinet am sure more than that will b found... Buhari is in power today Magu is displaying his stupidity by dancing to the tune of his boss, time will come when he's going to b a victim...

At least none of them has come out to claim a fraudulent acct.. U expect the efcc to start shivering and start releasing fraudulent acct to PEJ because she claim she own it abi....

(1) (Reply)

The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde / Ondo APC Governorship Primary Election Was Not Rigged, Adesanya Says / See Photos Of President Buhari In Kaduna For POP At The Nigerian Defence Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.