Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? (18712 Views)

Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? / Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? / Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by tayooluwole: 3:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
Demigods666:

The name of my dog is Jesus.
Bros don't let naija christian catch you ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by tonio2wo: 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2016
thesicilian:
@OP these are the kind of people you have to be weary of:

Please tell me, does every knee bow at the name of Jesus Navas of Spain, or Jesus Gonzalez of Mexico? The anointing is with the person if Jesus Christ, not just the name Jesus. Actually the name "Christ" means "the Anointed One and His Anointing".
And funny enough these same people'll not have any qualms about naming their children Emmanuel, Joshua, etc
He is one of the foolish christians
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Maximus85(m): 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2016
Prdo:
 Jesus is not just a name.

Exodus 20: 7  Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Phillipians 2:9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I beg to correct.
Exodus 20:7 was not talking about Jesus. That place was talking about the Almighty God whose name is never Lord but Jehovah.

It was Jehovah who gave him the name Above all other name.

That been said. Jesus is a normal name. It's not wrong for a parent naming their children Jesus. But that Christ is a name nobody can bear. There's only one Christ. God's only begotten son.

I hope those saying Jesus is God can understand this simple truth and fact.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by ceejay80s(m): 3:09pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

I am thinking of naming my child jesus but I am at d same time thinking of d implication within our religious society...

Person wey name his dog buhari, u see wetin happen to am?

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by ArabMopol(m): 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
ifenes:
I named my dog jesus
and I named my lesbian dog Mohammad the rapist
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by MoNickk(f): 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
my pastor named his son Jesus. when questioned,he said Jesus is a name but there is only one Jesus christ who is our saviour.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

Bros don't let naija christian catch you ooooooo

Lmao, no worry I sabi handle them. grin grin grin
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by bolt000(m): 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
sexy74:
you can call yourself or your child whatever you want as long as you are comfortable with it.
Sorry to disappoint, but you cant call yourself/child whatever you want.. there are some restricted names e.g 'blue ivy' the daughter of jay-z and beyonce.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by marshborn(m): 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mindfulness:

You are wrong. Jesus is Jesus in Spain whether you call your friend Jesus or whether you refer to the Jesus of the Bible. I have spent a lot of time in Spain and I can authoratitevly tell you that you are wrong.
Okay bro, guess you are right.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by tonio2wo: 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
marshborn:

The "jesus" you see Spanish speaking people give their children is pronounced as "esus"...its not the jesus we know.
Another **** christian spotted! The "Jesus" u know is actually pronounced "esus" in jewish. The 'j' is silent. Some pronounce the 'j' as 'y'. Making it sound like Yesus.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by kunleham(m): 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jesus is Issa in Islamic world and a lot of people are bearing that though.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by cminca: 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
IS LIKE CALLING Your SON GOD
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jesus is fine, but Christ is a problem. In Spanish they pronounce it "hesus " that's how it sounds to me when they call some one Jesus, but spelling is same.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by marshborn(m): 3:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
tonio2wo:

Another foolish christian spotted! The "Jesus" u know is actually pronounced "esus" in jewish. The 'j' is silent.
Do you have to rain insults just to make your point? Not cool bro
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by hUmaneOne: 3:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
Prdo:

Exodus 20: 7  Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Phillipians 2:9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

There is Jesus of Christ and Jesus of humaneone.
As far you're not calling the child Jesus Christ,you are okay.

Before Jesus Christ of Nazareth i believe there were other people named Jesus .

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by SpaxeX(m): 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
thesicilian:
@OP these are the kind of people you have to be weary of:

Please tell me, does every knee bow at the name of Jesus Navas of Spain, or Jesus Gonzalez of Mexico? The anointing is with the person if Jesus Christ, not just the name Jesus. Actually the name "Christ" means "the Anointed One and His Anointing".
And funny enough these same people'll not have any qualms about naming their children Emmanuel, Joshua, etc

Even Juan Jesus

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by mrvitalis(m): 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
Prdo:

But u can call someone joshua and there is no problem?? .. Christ is not even a Hebrew name it was added by the Romans

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by oxmale: 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
Please don't name your son Jesus. It's not a name you play with .
Don't listen to everyone telling you Jesus is just a name.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by tayooluwole: 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
cminca:
IS LIKE CALLING Your SON GOD
Bros wake up, what of those that calls their child emmanuel ?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by ourleader(m): 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
Why do you prefer to use JESUS, I Council you name your child or children Stanic or Devil. Never use the name JESUS, you the elements of DARK KINGDOM! goodluck
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by ourleader(m): 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:
I have not for once seen anybody bearing jesus or naming his child jesus in Nigeria... The question is, is there any sin in that ?
Why do you prefer to use Jesus, I Council you name your child or children Stanic or Devil. Never use the name Jesus, you the elements of DARK KINGDOM! goodluck
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by ourleader(m): 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

I am thinking of naming my child jesus but I am at d same time thinking of d implication within our religious society...
Why do you prefer to use Jesus, I Council you name your child or children Stanic or Devil. Never use the name Jesus, you the elements of DARK KINGDOM! goodluck
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by tayooluwole: 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
oxmale:
Please don't name your son Jesus. It's not a name you play with .
Don't listen to everyone telling you Jesus is just a name.

I will listen to them, probably you have not been following the thread...they said jesus is a regular name in isreal, spain, mexico and the rest while Jesus christ is the one in our conventional bible
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by hijodedios: 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
i already had it thought out,when i have a child i will name him Jesus,there is nothing wrong in it.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by alexarelano(m): 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
Name him Jesus Navas
Chikeena!
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by alolatee(m): 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jesus is the name of the virgin birth by Mary in the bible.It was however Heaven that named him Christ meaning the anointed one.It is however not a sin to name a child Jesus.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by PMONEY6: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

No try am o.
there is this woman in my area sometime ago who named her child Jesus/Messiah the child died.
this is no joke!!!

To some of you saying spain and mexico etc that bears the name Jesus,
check the alphabets very well and you'll notice the difference.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by tayooluwole: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
ourleader:

Here we go, they are on the loose, why can't I name my child jesus ? Did I talk about Jesus christ ?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Ultimatesammie(m): 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

I know a lot of white people that bears jesus and yet, they never live to regret that they bears d name. I don't know y the case should be opposite in Nigeria... I really wish to name my child after the saviour but will it go down well with the christians ? It may be controversial, but there is no going back
Well i cant say if its right or not but saying because the whites do it or some1 did it so its right is a big fallacy, just because some peeps do stuffs doesn't mean its right and im talking generally not in reference to bearing d name Jesus.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by alolatee(m): 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jesus is the name of the virgin birth by Mary in the bible.It was however Heaven that named him Christ meaning the anointed one.It is however not a sin to name a child Jesus.But it will be a sin i think if a person calls himself Christ Jesus thereby impersonating Christ for he alone is God
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
There are many Jesus in Latin American countries e.g Jesus Navas
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by tayooluwole: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
PMONEY6:

No try am o.
there is this woman in my area sometime ago who named her child Jesus/Messiah the child died.
this in no joke!!!

To some of you saying spain and mexico etc that bears the name Jesus,
check the spellings very well and you'll notice the difference.

Bros, fear fear don they catch me oooo, but I said jesus not messiah nah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TB Joshua's 55th Birthday: 20 Things To Know About The Prophet / Pastor Paul Adefarasin Composes Note For Wife, Ifeanyi, From Amazing Grace Song / 10 Reasons Why Every Believer Must Speak In Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.