Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? (18709 Views)

Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? / Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? / Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

I don't fucking care about any attack as long as I never break any rule in calling my child what ever name I cherish

you may not care but the innocent child will be victimized every where he goes. school. church, street. and you won't be there to defend him always.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by oxmale: 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

I will listen to them, probably you have been following the thread...they said jesus is a regular name in isreal, spain, mexico and the rest while Jesus christ is the one in our conventional bible
Some things are sacred just leave them as they are.

Christians pray using the name "Jesus". Hardly you see people saying in the name of "Jesus Christ"... What we say is in the name of "Jesus".

Some persons say it means emmanuel, Joshua. But we don't pray using the name emmanuel or Joshua. The name we call is Jesus. There's a special significance to that name, so just leave it the way it is and look for another name.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
marshborn:

The "jesus" you see Spanish speaking people give their children is pronounced as "esus"...its not the jesus we know.

Lol. I know how it is pronounced. The question for you is, how's it spelt? smiley
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
femi4:
You dey fear pm(s)

Not fear but I can live without them. wink
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by cooljoe(m): 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
I don't think so. but I tink it's disrespectful or morally wrong to name a child Jesus Christ
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by tayooluwole: 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
WinningSun:

you may not care but the innocent child will be victimized every where he goes. school. church, street. and you won't be there to defend him always.

That's 2ru anyway, but of course, haven read many comments, I don't think there is any sin in calling ma child a name I cherish...
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by doskie(m): 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:
I have not for once seen anybody bearing jesus or naming his child jesus in Nigeria... The question is, is there any sin in that ?
Nigerian Christians are fanatics. People name their children jesus outside Nigeria. Jesus Navas. Muslims name their kids issah. Isah is jesus in Arabic language.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by kolaish(m): 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

I know a lot of white people that bears jesus and yet, they never live to regret that they bears d name. I don't know y the case should be opposite in Nigeria... I really wish to name my child after the saviour but will it go down well with the christians ? It may be controversial, but there is no going back
if you really love JESUS, why not respect the name and keep it sacred? There are millions of names in the world for humans to take from, why are you so bent on naming your child JESUS. stay away from controversy and give the little boy another name. And if you are still in doubt, you can change your own name to JESUS and see if you can live up to the name.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by oxmale: 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

I don't fucking care about any attack as long as I never break any rule in calling my child what ever name I cherish
since you have chosen to be stubborn then why did you create a thread to seek our opinion. smh.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by EazyMoh(m): 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2016
It's a shame how many Christians don't even know how there supposed savior was actually addressed. If you don't know the correct pronunciation of his name how then are you sure all those translated passages in the Bible were actually done right?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by zanebaddo(m): 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:
I have not for once seen anybody bearing jesus or naming his child jesus in Nigeria... The question is, is there any sin in that ?
na only tin I wan tell you.... D kind insult wey dat boy go de receive among peers fit make am commit suicide... imagine him for street dey follow girls, and come de do some kind bad minor things we boys de do chai . naa
His guys will be like see yeesus wey dey bleep, see diz yeye yeesus wey de lie.. O boy dat boy na mad yeesus check am naa grin
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Tobium1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ioannes:
Jesus/Joshua/Yeshua are all the same.

Lots of people name their kids Jèsus in Mexico...and Spain(I think)

Have u seen or heard of a Mexican or spaniard named Seun or Ejike or Usman?? No, becos it's not a name associated with dia tribe nd culture, so a nigerian naming his child Jesus is just being a fool
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by tayooluwole: 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
oxmale:
since you have chosen to be stubborn then why did you create a thread to seek our opinion. smh.

Bros, I have read many comments after the quoted comments, I am discouraged to go ahead. Truly, we are religious in Nigeria and if care is not taking, the child may be feeling discriminated and psycologically traumatised cos of the victimisation he will definitly suffer from the christians... I'm thinking of dropping the idea sha... Probably I will change it to joshua
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by tayooluwole: 3:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
Tobium1:

Have u seen or heard of a Mexican or spaniard named Seun or Ejike or Usman?? No, becos it's not a name associated with dia tribe nd culture, so a nigerian naming his child Jesus is just being a fool

u get bad mouth oooo
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by GdexFolami(m): 3:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
ifenes:
I named my dog jesus
May jesus christ forgive you.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Jonart247(m): 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
Saviour is better
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by labbyk(m): 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
I have seen someone bearing Jesuloluwa(Jesus is lord) in Nigeria.. lipsrsealed
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by tayooluwole: 3:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
zanebaddo:
na only tin I wan tell you.... D kind insult wey dat boy go de receive among peers fit make am commit suicide... imagine him for street dey follow girls, and come de do some kind bad minor things we boys de do chai . naa
His guys will be like see yeesus wey dey bleep, see diz yeye yeesus wey de lie.. O boy dat boy na mad yeesus check am naa grin

U are absolutely correct...
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by ALAYORMII: 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

Maybe not in Nigeria

But people bear the name a lot

Jesus Navas comes to mind
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by reallest(f): 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
While I was thinking of naming my first son Yahweh and d second allah
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
Tobium1:

Oh is that so?

Have you ever heard of a Nigerian naming his child Mary, John, Peter, Paul, Mohammed, Aminat, Aishat? I guess all those ones are Nigerian dialects too right?

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by bbjummy: 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
Prdo:
 Jesus is not just a name.

Exodus 20: 7  Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Phillipians 2:9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
You said it all. Well done.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

Bros wake up, what of those that calls their child emmanuel ?

U sef...
Then name the child Emmanuel, Joshua or other similar names na.
Na competition u dey with Jesus? wink
I would advise you to not name him Jesus simply out of respect for the name.
There are countless names out there.
Yoruba sef get better better names with solid meanings.

Then some people said the name is popular in Spain n Mexico. There is this saying, 'When you are in Rome, do like the Romans'.
You are in Nigeria.
Do not make that child become too self conscious later or try too hard to live up to expected standards because he bears Jesus, jor o.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by joshjaro: 4:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
ifenes:
I named my dog jesus

no problem.......u are nothing but a castrated fool ur brain was removed bcus u are arrogantly stupid..... Jesus loves u
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by jhoesee(m): 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
D person and d name JESUS r inseperable... D name Jesus and d being Jesus are d same tin entirely..I hope u understand...and y name ur child Jesus wen dere r millions of names 2 give d child? Or tell me can u name ur child SATAN? Sins its just a name,try it!!! U won't dare kus u feel dere z more 2 it...so respect d name Jesus 2
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by orunto27: 4:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
No. No sin. But Jesus is Greek. The Nigerian equivalent is "NIJA".
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by SmSolo: 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
tayooluwole:

Ask Jesus in prayer or ask yeezus however you can...
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Rozaystunna(m): 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mindfulness:

No. It's pronounced Hesus and this is how they refer to Jesus of the Bible too.
lmao he was trying to be smart grin cheesy
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Rozaystunna(m): 4:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
marshborn:

Bro it's not the same. That jesus Spanish people bear has a separate Spanish meaning. Only if you are saying the Hebrews and the Spanish speak the same language.
Oga Sharap what do you know smiley
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Rozaystunna(m): 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
cminca:
IS LIKE CALLING Your SON GOD
shut up ignorant fellow
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Rozaystunna(m): 4:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
oxmale:
Please don't name your son Jesus. It's not a name you play with .
Don't listen to everyone telling you Jesus is just a name.
Chai but Emmanuel is right, see how dumb you sound smiley
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
[quote author=tayooluwole post=49657520]

Since name doesn't matter, why don't you think of naming your child devil?

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bola Ajibola: 'After Fasting For 7 Days, All My 35 Students Scored A1 In Maths' / TB Joshua's 55th Birthday: 20 Things To Know About The Prophet / Pastor Paul Adefarasin Composes Note For Wife, Ifeanyi, From Amazing Grace Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.