Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? (18716 Views)

Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? / Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? / Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by nathdim: 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
Prdo:
 Jesus is not just a name.

Exodus 20: 7  Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Phillipians 2:9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
why is nairaland not protecting Christians just as it is protecting Muslims
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by tayooluwole: 10:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
aotlatitude:

Is it gonna be FUN for you to see your son die brutally at age 33?

Those people way they die brutally at d age less than 33 no be one person pikin ? Mctheew
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Tijay90(m): 10:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
Wait lemme call Jesus Navas.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by MrMacinterchi1: 10:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ioannes:
Jesus/Joshua/Yeshua are all the same.
Lots of people name their kids Jèsus in Mexico...and Spain(I think)
ya. that's right

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by anataala: 10:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
no sir, but if you name him God is a Sin

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Adeboyefa(f): 10:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jesus was a common Jewish name. Colossians 4:11 speaks of a "Jesus who is called Justus" among the early Christians. So it's not a sin to name your child Jesus, as long as you don't name him Jesus Christ.

By the way, let's pray in Jesus Christ's name, not just in Jesus' name.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by mickool(m): 10:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
Very good question. I have thoought of this for long before why in Nigeria we don't name our sons Jesus. I don't think it's wrong scipturally.I tend to name my son Jesuson or Jesus -son.i think that sound more honorable
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by kazzy4u(m): 10:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
Prdo:
 Jesus is not just a name.

Exodus 20: 7  Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Phillipians 2:9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Act chapter 3:13
” ” 4:27
” ” ” 4:30..
Can u help me and read d verse. I nid a Gud xtain..
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by DarkRed(m): 12:15am On Sep 26, 2016
No.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by DarkRed(m): 12:43am On Sep 26, 2016
We LOVE being religious about so MANY things!
Firstly, God never forbade any one to bear that name. Read the entire bible and see for yourself.
Secondly, The name Jesus is actually Greek as in Iesous pronounced (Yaysoos) and in Hebrew it's Yeshua, which means He shall save which is a shorter form of Yeshoshua (Joshua), Yaweh is Salvation. It's a rare Male Jewish name. And some people have used it in the old testament before the coming of Christ and three others used it in the New testament including our Lord.
Ref: Word Health of the NKJV.
So feel free to use it...just that it may be pointless since the child be grow up and abuse the name.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by overseapikin(m): 12:46am On Sep 26, 2016
@op, I would rather you change your name to Jesus if you fancy the name so much as against placing an unnecessary burden on a child. Ever heard the story of the girl named nevermind?
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by DarkRed(m): 12:46am On Sep 26, 2016
kazzy4u:

Act chapter 3:13
” ” 4:27
” ” ” 4:30..
Can u help me and read d verse. I nid a Gud xtain..
you must be a Muslim I guess...if yes, then please don't go there. I'm sick and tired of hearing Muslims insisting that JC was a servant. Yes he was a servant we agree but He is also Our Lord and God. Take it or leave it. It's our business not yours.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Rozaystunna(m): 3:48am On Sep 26, 2016
oxmale:
Actually you are the one that's dumb.
Yours is just incomparable.
retardd
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by macof(m): 6:39am On Sep 26, 2016
tayooluwole:

You mean Jesus was originally named joshua ?
not really. .. both "Jesus" and "Joshua" are corrupted names with no meaning
but hese men bore the same name - Yehoshua
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Godson32(m): 8:13am On Sep 26, 2016
tayooluwole:

I am thinking of naming my child jesus but I am at d same time thinking of d implication within our religious society...
Imagine calling one bomboy by the name 'Jesus',the society we live will not even accept to call ur son by that name. If u like,bet me.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by spamgod: 8:43am On Sep 26, 2016
Jesus is na a Hebrew name!!! do research You dumb People! he was never called Jesus while he was alive!!!
His name was Yashua!! Jesus was given by the Church, he was never called Jesus while he was alive
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 26, 2016
spamgod:
Jesus is na a Hebrew name!!! do research You dumb People! he was never called Jesus while he was alive!!!
His name was Yashua!! Jesus was given by the Church, he was never called Jesus while he was alive
Ee do....
Who could be more dumb than a person calling other persons dumb.
And who says we don't know Jesus is an Hebrew name.
That a person wakes up one morning and decides to name his son Jesus is hyping and could even be pride in disguise.
That he opened a thread to seek to seek our opinion and even defended himself in his stubbornness all confirms what I am saying.
All other versions of the name you are free to chose from, emmanuel, Joshua or whatever.
But the name Jesus is the one christians used in praying to God. The Holy Spirit answers to that name. Angels answer to that name. Demons even respect the name.
The fact that other persons have done it doesn't mean you should do it. Where is your stand as a person, must you do what others do.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by oxmale: 9:45am On Sep 26, 2016
Page07:
Ee do....
Who could be more dumb than a person calling other persons dumb.
And who says we don't know Jesus is an Hebrew name.
That a person wakes up one morning and decides to name his son Jesus is hyping and could even be pride in disguise.
That he opened a thread to seek to seek our opinion and even defended himself in his stubbornness all confirms what I am saying.
All other versions of the name you are free to chose from, emmanuel, Joshua or whatever.
But the name Jesus is the one christians used in praying to God. The Holy Spirit answers to that name. Angels answer to that name. Demons even respect the name.
The fact that other persons have done it doesn't mean you should do it. Where is your stand as a person, must you do what others do.
Bros one like for you.
No more respect for spiritual things.

You can also name your son amadioha or ogun....
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by Baloguncred(m): 9:47am On Sep 26, 2016
thesicilian:
@OP these are the kind of people you have to be weary of:

Please tell me, does every knee bow at the name of Jesus Navas of Spain, or Jesus Gonzalez of Mexico? The anointing is with the person if Jesus Christ, not just the name Jesus. Actually the name "Christ" means "the Anointed One and His Anointing".
And funny enough these same people'll not have any qualms about naming their children Emmanuel, Joshua, etc

In the English world, I've not seen a child named JESUS. It's pronounced as YESUZ in Spanish.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by snowblaq(f): 9:53am On Sep 26, 2016
tayooluwole:

I know a lot of white people that bears jesus and yet, they never live to regret that they bears d name. I don't know y the case should be opposite in Nigeria... I really wish to name my child after the saviour but will it go down well with the christians ? It may be controversial, but there is no going back
.....why ask when your mind is already made up?....
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by MrMacinterchi1: 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
marshborn:
Its pronounced as "esus" in Spain. Not the same name.
the pronunciation differs.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by ourleader(m): 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
tayooluwole:

Here we go, they are on the loose, why can't I name my child jesus ? Did I talk about Jesus christ ?
know your Kingdom & never bring entire course upon the innocent child if at all you have! Agent....
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by oxmale: 12:20am On Sep 28, 2016
If I have shown disrespect to anyone in this thread... especially to the OP I ask for pardon.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by sexy74(m): 9:04am On Oct 03, 2016
bolt000:
Sorry to disappoint, but you cant call yourself/child whatever you want.. there are some restricted names e.g 'blue ivy' the daughter of jay-z and beyonce.
the restricted name you said is it restricted in the whole world or patented only in America?
Remember Ivy and blue where never words discovers by Beyonce.
Re: Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? by bolt000(m): 10:07am On Oct 03, 2016
sexy74:

the restricted name you said is it restricted in the whole world or patented only in America?
Remember Ivy and blue where never words discovers by Beyonce.
Well, its the whole world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin Composes Note For Wife, Ifeanyi, From Amazing Grace Song / 10 Reasons Why Every Believer Must Speak In Tongues / Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.