Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,349 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

I Disagree With The Police IG Do U - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Disagree With The Police IG Do U (566 Views)

Hardworking Traffic Officer 'Mama G' Meets With Police IG In Abuja. Photos / Remi Tinubu Writes Petition To Police IG Over Dino Melaye. See The Petition / Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Disagree With The Police IG Do U by giles14(m): 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
The Nigerian Police Force yesterday faulted the Amnesty International Report published on 20th September, 2016, captioned “Nigeria: You Have Signed Your Death Warrant” Special Police Squads ‘get rich’ torturing detainees and demanding bribes in exchange for freedom” saying it is not only untrue but also a campaign of calumny.
A statement from Force headquarters signed by DCP Don Awunah in response to the report said, “The Nigeria Police Force after a careful study of the report wishes to state categorically that the report in its entirety is misleading, a clear misrepresentation of facts, unverified accounts and absolute distortion of the current situation in Special Anti Robbery Squad [SARS] throughout the country.
“The report is evidently the characteristic mindset and pattern of Amnesty International to deride and castigate public institutions especially in developing countries like Nigeria.
Noting that “The Amnesty International’s Nigeria researcher, Damian Ugwu’s choice of words in describing the operations of SARS, portrays the researcher’s apparent ignorance of the rules of engagement of SARS and the laws regulating criminal investigation in Nigeria, Awunah said, “The researcher deliberately misconstrued the cautionary words, a prerequisite for suspects to sign before voluntary statement is taken from them as “death warrant”.
“For avoidance of doubt, word of caution is in accordance to Judges Rule 5, which states that, “I have decided to make complaint against you in the court of law; do you wish to say anything? You are not obliged to say anything but remember that whatever you say shall be taken down in writing and may be given in evidence”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/police-ig-debunks-amnesty-report-torture-detainees-bribes/
Re: I Disagree With The Police IG Do U by Blizzy9ja: 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
Shameless Nigerian police defending the devilish SARS
Re: I Disagree With The Police IG Do U by HtwoOw: 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2016
IG Is known to speak out of turn, has anger issues and doesn't like being challenged

I disagree with him. SARS is group of uniformed /licensed armed robbers and they are not even hiding it anymore

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: I Disagree With The Police IG Do U by giles14(m): 4:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
I tell u d IG talk too much

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: I Must Continue Your Corrupt Case - Umar Blasts Saraki / Video: See The Other Room / PHOTOS: Aisha Buhari, Dogara And Toyin Saraki Depart Heathrow Airport For Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.