Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,706 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Fashion Mistakes People Make - Fashion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion Mistakes People Make (27065 Views)

See Top 10 Fashion Mistakes To Avoid At All Cost!!! (photos) / Men's Fashion Mistakes To Avoid / 2012 In Review: Celebrity Fashion Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by LindaM1(f): 5:43am On Mar 19, 2007
Old men who wear knee socks with dress shoes and shorts. Men -when you're over 45, everything should be covered. Same for women over 45 - sorry, but that tattoo you got on your boob when you were 20 doesn't look so good now.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Emad(f): 8:43am On Mar 22, 2007
the greatest fashion oooppss of all times is the Nollywood actresses hair dos.
it appears to me that the directors either do not dress their ladies up , lipsrsealed lipsrsealed or they have a pathetically bad taste lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
some times you see a beautiful actress but the hair do ( extension or rasta or what ever they call it these days ) is so ackward.
ini edo, chioma chukwura, just to name a few lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by sammyjl(f): 10:12am On Mar 29, 2007
cool Looks like all has been said. Not forgetting wearing so many colours, the shoes are brown, jean is blue, top is white, handbag is blue, necklace and bracelet are another colour. Damn!!! Match the colours ppl.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by sweetchick(f): 10:34am On Mar 30, 2007
Biggest fashion oops:
Ladies with spare tires wearing clingy tops ( Hellooooooooo)
Scraping off eye brows and substituting with black pencil in typical Eucharia Amunobi- style ( pleaaaaaase)
Lilac and silver lipsticks that clash with the complexion ( looks ghostly)
Rows and rows of heavy chains on been-to guys ( that is sooo not cool)
Skin bleaching such that you have hyperpigmentation in certain areas ( that looks so disgusting)
Perfume one can smell from a 100 miles off ( Have mercy, somebody)
Wearing a very tight belt on low hipped jeans such that the abdomen is cut in two obvious halves
Muscle tshirts on non-muscled guys
Floral shirts with striped ties and vice versa
Big hair on ladies( that is so out of fashion)
And so on,
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ChieFoH(m): 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2007
STRIPES ON STRIPES!!!! Gosh esp men in lagos feeling very trendy with themselves they look like a zebra crossings
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by jaybaby(f): 5:21pm On Apr 14, 2007
Lol
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by djcrooky(m): 1:59am On Apr 19, 2007
baggy jean and fittes shortsleeves which drivers and lets not forget the face cap facing backwards
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Hugoboi(m): 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2007

STRIPES ON STRIPES!!!! Gosh esp men in lagos feeling very trendy with themselves they look like a zebra crossings

Nice one.But every corporate dresser should know that when the shirt is striped,the tie's got to go plain and vice versa.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by hola2ng(m): 8:20am On Apr 25, 2007
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by jaybaby(f): 7:38pm On Apr 25, 2007
Hola --it dsnt depend on Anything----Wearing a Multi colour on another Multi colour is a Bad Dressing!

Abi U b RAINBOW?
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Sisimama(f): 7:44pm On Apr 25, 2007
Those fat females with big ass role around their stomach wearing those fahsion big belts, ewwwwwww

Wearing panty hoes under min skirt, no no no shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by DewDrop(f): 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2007
That Palms/Silverbird look : to wear 3 or 4 different trends together so that WE know that not only does she know what's in vogue, she has a version of ALL the items in vogue!
i.e (from toe to head)- Peep Toe pumps or Flats, Skinny Jeans, Fitted Tunic Top, Waist cincher belt, Rope Chain with matching /coordinating earrings and bangles, headband [b]AND [/b]sunglasses. Don't get caught looking clowinsh!
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by zabie(f): 10:58pm On Apr 30, 2007
10- ladies, pls give stiff wigs a wide berth.
9- balck women, pls dont even think of wearing blonde hair, though beyonce looks great, she knows how to match it
8. never use extremely dark lipliner. match it with the colour of ur lipstick. a shade or two darker
7 never ever use eyeliner on ur lips
6 dont wear open toed shoes or sandals without nicely pedicured feet. its not fair to the shoes
5 never even dream of wearing low slung pants if ure fat with irritating skin( u know all the details)
4 dont flaunt ezcema infected,spotted, pimpled skin
3 dont expose bushy armpits. what are u thinking gurl?
2 dont use pink or red eyeshadow, red and colours like that should be for the nails and feet. exceptions only come when you find the right shade and thats really hard to come by.
1. pretty please, dont completely pluck out your eyebrows and then fill it in with a pencil. thats really gross. sweat wipes it off and makes u look really funny
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by soulpatrol(f): 1:52am On May 01, 2007
zabie:

1. pretty please, don't completely pluck out your eyebrows and then fill it in with a pencil. thats really gross. sweat wipes it off and makes u look really funny

now that's a good one. grin imagine someone pointing out to you that one of your eyebrows/eyepencil has wiped off, meanwhile the whole time you were prancing around with a half-brow grin
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by soulpatrol(f): 1:56am On May 01, 2007
make i no lie, it has happened to me before. shaved my eye brow almost totally and lined it with pencil. i then went to a concert and it is where i was gyrating and jumping up and down, i didn't realize that i was rubbing my face in people's bodies because the venue was packed. my friends were having so much fun they didnt even notice my face. by the time i got home and caught myself in the mirror, i wanted to die. all the pencil don rub commot i com resemble featherless chicken! grin me self no recognize me. i for die!
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by zabie(f): 8:40pm On May 01, 2007
i hope you have learnt your lesson now. hope other chics learn from ur experience. peace wink
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by soulpatrol(f): 9:13pm On May 01, 2007
ha ha ha. zabie. grin thank you o. i definitely have. and for those of you that cant do without shaving the whole thing off, at least carry a small mirror around at all times. before the thing wipes off and youre walking around looking like a masquerade grin
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Beline(f): 5:55pm On May 02, 2007
LOL grin grin grin

soulpatrol:

make i no lie, it has happened to me before. shaved my eye brow almost totally and lined it with pencil. i then went to a concert and it is where i was gyrating and jumping up and down, i didn't realize that i was rubbing my face in people's bodies because the venue was packed. my friends were having so much fun they didnt even notice my face. by the time i got home and caught myself in the mirror, i wanted to die. all the pencil don rub commot i com resemble featherless chicken! grin me self no recognize me. i for die!
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by bluesky4(f): 6:12pm On May 02, 2007
when guys wear socks with sandals!

soulpatrol:

shocked how embarrassing

i never understood why women shave their eyebrows and pencil it on. undecided
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by eeman(f): 1:53pm On May 03, 2007
the wbwds[white bra/white dress syndrome]
most babes are guilty of that and we just believe we can
get away with it.
its a fashion NO No
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ChieFoH(m): 7:50am On May 04, 2007
white shoes on labour day
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by hola2ng(m): 10:26am On May 04, 2007
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by LindaM1(f): 4:13am On May 05, 2007
To Sammyjl - I couldn't agree with you more! I have also seen people with so many different (& jarring) colors on, that they look like a walking circus. But what I really don't get are the people who think they look good wearing seven different shades of the same color.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by spoilt(f): 4:26am On May 06, 2007
hate when guys wear ugly ties. N10 ties. gosh it kills me. ties that look like machetes or cutlasses. the knots badly made. knots that have been used and reused because the guy cant make his own knot. angry
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Amobi1(m): 11:40pm On May 07, 2007
seriouly, am not hating. But weave (not brading) makes u look local, i no dey lie. especially, the big ones. Girls without class put on weave. thx!
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by cuteass1(f): 11:47pm On May 07, 2007
I've been saying this one, and fortunately an opportunity to repeat myself lol grin

People that wear under-sizes pisses me off . . someone that is a size 16, just in the cause of fun and to look sexy wearing a size 10

what's up with that?? I keep wondering though . . doesn't she have a dressing mirror, or she forgot to look into it before leaving her house?? shocked shocked

I have a friend that is large bursted and she loves wearing lower-sized bras, everyone wants to be sexy, i guess thats her definition of push-up grin grin

What the hell is wrong in wearing your own size, does that make you any less sexy and attractive??
Because with the under-sized clothings you think you're drawing attention, but meanwhile people are feeling sorry for you, because obviously, you owe no sense of shame cry cry shocked angry grin
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by eeman(f): 2:36pm On May 08, 2007
i honestly dont think there is anything wrong with weaving ones hair. common that is a matter of choice. ive seen wigs/ braids/weave ons that looks like something picked out of the waste basket. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by omoge(f): 5:37pm On May 08, 2007
@ Amobi1 haha, and what does leaving my hair natural makes me?  grin

that eyebrow is a no no, i think it's pretty if you can have a professional do it for you. for a 5 dollars, i had mine done at the salon. i was shocked at the result, so pretty. if you know how to trim or it's well done, no need for the pencil. the well done eyebrow looks like there it's already penciled.

i think putting pencil on the brow makes one look older, we aint in a hurry  grin
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by soulpatrol(f): 10:39pm On May 08, 2007
@omoge. yup. some salons can do it so well ehn. especially when they do the threading thing. very very smooth that you dont even need to line it. looks already penciled and natual. very cheap too. less than $10
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by bluesky4(f): 10:42pm On May 08, 2007
yes, getting you eyebrows shaped is the way forward. Especially threading, it is very precise and is cheap, although waxing is good aswell.
DO NO SHAVE YOUR EYEBROWS!
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by DewDrop(f): 2:07pm On May 09, 2007
Amobi 1:

seriouly, am not hating. But weave (not brading) makes u look local, i no dey lie. especially, the big ones. Girls without class put on weave. thx!

WEll, erm - ordinarily i would agree but nah- a good weave is your passport to "bigger girls level"
I have seen some fabulous weaves/wig./hair pieces! think Aaliyah, Gabrielle Union, even Oprah!

Nigeria has bastardized a legit hair option.
What people do with tracks of hair, thread is saddening!

So you stand corrected Amobi- Girls without class put on weaves without class!
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ChieFoH(m): 12:43pm On May 10, 2007
woreva!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? / Charisma Glow- How Good Is It Compared To Mary Kay Eventone Cream / Pictures Of Nigerian Traditional Dresses(ankara,lace And George)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.