Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless (14310 Views)

8 Years Gone. Am Tired Of Being Jobless / Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) / Five Things I Would Learn To Do If I Was Jobless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 26, 2016
After putting up a stunning performance at a job interview, a regret mail still follows. This might not be your fault after all. Below are some reasons that will prove you're on the right path..

NATURE OF THE ECONOMY
The current Paralysis in the economic activities of this country give little or no room for investment hence, a drastic reduction in the number of employment quota. Imagine when the economy was fully vetted, unemployment was on the rise. How much more when when we have no plan in place to stabilize the economy. The implications of this is ; Portfolio that usually have 30Slots is likely to be slashed by 1/3rd. Which further make an already tight contest tighter.

NIGERIAN HRMs
In every job interview, the bridge between an applicant and the prospective job is the HR. I've noticed a clear difference between Nigerian HR and their foreign counterparts. In Nigeria, HRM sees interview as war. They ll do everything to get you off balance. Even if you outsmart them with your level of preparedness and confidence, they'll create new rules to ensure you don't get the job. The most annoying part is when they have to invite 100 candidates for a single position, regardless of the effort you put, luck might not just smile at you. That doesn't mean you performed woefully. No, it the system.

CONNECTION
In a bid to secure a high paying job in multinational companies and government parastatals, you have to have some sort of connections. It is very painful to see yourself go through series of test, assessment Centre, group discussions only for you to meet entirely different faces during the interview. That only is enough to demoralize you. Believe me, it only in Nigeria you ll see graduates of Medicine, Engineering and law teaching and hawking GNLD Products. That's not because they lack the Zeal to compete in challenging environment but rather the available slot In high profile job have been hijacked through who-know-who mechanism. You attend an interview and a regret mail follows, never get dejected, someone at the top want that slot for someone else.

RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Regardless of how superb your performance is in a job interview, if a success mail doesn't follow, friends and family see you as failure. The recruitment process in Nigerian companies is very annoying. The common cliche at the end of every job interview in Nigeria has always been " we will get back to you" this keep most graduate in suspense. You don't hear from them doesn't mean you didn't perform. Believe me, a lot must have happened during this period. Take for instance, you were the preferred candidate but along the line " connection" factor played out or the company tend to put the recruitment process on hold.

YOUR VILLAGE PEOPLE
Regardless of how much effort you put up during job interview if forces from your village follow you enter the interview venue, You will talk everything in your mouth and still not get hired. That doesn't mean you are bad. No, far from it..

14 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by amicable09(f): 12:31am On Sep 27, 2016
This is my personal property.
Tomorrow, I'll know who to blame for not having job sad
Ok, let me make good use of my land.
It feels good to blame everyone and everything except oneself for not securing a decent job in Nigeria. But the bitter truth is, once you lose that 'sense of entitlement' as a graduate, that's the key to the mental slavery most of us have put ourselves in, once you lose it, then you're an inch closer to landing that choice job.

You mentioned connection. Connection is strongly tied to the power of our network. You won't tell me that a 21 year old graduate has no contact aside from rich uncles and aunties who 'pretend' not to know how to help. Connection is not something the government will do for you or your parents will help you fetch. Build your network by yourself dear graduate.

Then another one that caught my attention is the last point - Your village people. Funny as this sounds but your village people are only in your mind. You allow them to oppress you. You give them credit for nothing. If your village people couldn't stop you from graduating then they have no right to keep you from getting a job. Simple!

TheSlyone2, you're right about seeing me somewhere grin. I just dropped my submission.

17 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 27, 2016
amicable09:
LOL.
This is my personal property.
Tomorrow, I'll know who to blame for not having job sad
I think I've seen this face somewhere. Let me think, job/vacancy chat room I guess.
We often blame ourselves even when it obvious the fault doesn't lie with us...
Morning Ami

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by holuwatobhy(m): 6:47am On Sep 27, 2016
K
Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by tspun(m): 6:47am On Sep 27, 2016
It’s so tempting to try to suck it up and keep going. You tell yourself “it’s just a phase” and you try to push yourself to get up in the morning. It’s tempting to close your eyes and avoid dealing with it. I should know, I’ve been doing it for years. Take my word for it, this approach will only dig you deeper into the mess. One day you will wake up and wish you made the change 10 years ago.

Yeah what I am trying to say is that stop encouraging yourself, tell yourself you are to blame. That way you will be desperate to do something about your joblessness.

14 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by Innodon(m): 6:48am On Sep 27, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by drstainlex: 6:50am On Sep 27, 2016
Gfggfhh
Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by Pavore9: 6:50am On Sep 27, 2016
From my personal experience and acquired knowledge, l will blame myself if l find myself jobless in Nigeria today.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by muller101(m): 6:50am On Sep 27, 2016
Which village people. I will blame myself if I am jobless.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by Godswillnwaoma(m): 6:51am On Sep 27, 2016
i dont belive in salary work. Self establishment is surely the best.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by samx4real(m): 6:51am On Sep 27, 2016
Rubbish
Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by jazinogold(m): 6:52am On Sep 27, 2016
My Brother.... who we go con blame? BullHari? or GEJ?
Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by BackToLife: 6:53am On Sep 27, 2016
Jobless? Find something doing and do it well, your success in on the way!

*TEN POWERFUL LESSONS TO LEARN FROM THE
HEN*
1. She first lays enough eggs before sitting on
them
*- GOOD PLANNING.*
2. When she starts sitting on her eggs, she
minimizes movements
*- DISCIPLINE.*
3. She physically loses weight while sitting on her
eggs due to decreased feeding
*- SACRIFICE AND SELF DENIAL.*
4. She can sit on eggs for another hen
*- INDISCRIMINATION AND GENEROSITY.*
5. She sits on her eggs for twenty one (21) days,
patiently waiting, even if they do not hatch, she
will lay eggs again
*- FAITH, HOPE AND NOT DISCOURAGED.*
6. She detects unfertilised eggs and rolls them out
*- SENSITIVE AND DISCERNING.*
7. She abandons the rotten eggs and starts caring
for the hatched chicks even if it is only one
*- WISDOM, CONSCIOUSNESS, AND REALISTIC.*
8. No one touches her chicks
*- PROTECTIVE AND LOVE.*
9. She gathers all her chicks together
*- UNITY OF PURPOSE.*
10. She cannot abandon her chicks before they
mature
*- MENTORSHIP.*
Cheer Up and Never Give Up .
A must-read Thread, Click: http://
www.nairaland.com/3370254/guys-kill-killing-
relationship-before

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by slap1(m): 6:53am On Sep 27, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:

And the money for the establishment will fall from the sky? sad

10 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by Turks: 6:54am On Sep 27, 2016
Village people these days don't even have your time. They're busy hustling and trying to get themselves android phones and iPhones grin

17 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by Benjom(m): 6:57am On Sep 27, 2016
Your last point cracked me up.

Start Receiving Job Invites Effortlessly With A Well Prepared CV and Cover Letter. Here Are Some Samples and Testimonials:

www..com/cv-samples/

www..com/testimonials/

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by pressplay411(m): 6:58am On Sep 27, 2016
Nice write up.

Very noteworthy, most times it's just not your fault. There are just too many factors at play, even beyond the aforelisted.

One day we'll get it right and Gbogbo Radarada yi ma End Daradara.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by eluquenson(m): 6:58am On Sep 27, 2016
Hmm
Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by Mustiboy(m): 6:58am On Sep 27, 2016
Buhari refusing to get back to his POOR BUT MANAGEABLE senses is also one of the reasons.
Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by OctobersVeryOwn: 6:59am On Sep 27, 2016
well said ...
Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by AuroraB(f): 7:00am On Sep 27, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
Pray, tell me why you are on this thread? Mr. Self-made-billionaire, the money to start-up will fall like hail, I guess undecided And, ever reasoned; everyone can't and will not be self-employed

8 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by Godswillnwaoma(m): 7:01am On Sep 27, 2016
slap1:

depend on how u see it bro, money sometimes is never an obtacle for a creative entreprenurs. Start up something no matter how small.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by deedrizzie: 7:01am On Sep 27, 2016
Op.... medical graduates hawking GNLD ah ahnn... we both know that's not possible... let's be careful with all these examples we use to butter our stories.. .

... nice article btw...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by stano2(m): 7:02am On Sep 27, 2016
Somehow true sha but OP, how many people will you have time to explain all these to and 4 how long, perhaps not Uncles, Aunt and parents waiting impatiently to announce about your success and reap their deposits with better interest. So man can't be jobless , get anything going no matter how small
Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by baaliyah(m): 7:02am On Sep 27, 2016
Pavore9:
From my personal experience and acquired knowledge, l will blame myself if l find myself jobless in Nigeria today.
You are right. there is job everywhere in Nigeria, many people are just lazy and 'overselective'.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:04am On Sep 27, 2016
slap1:

Help me ask him o.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by Obagoblog(m): 7:05am On Sep 27, 2016
lol... job is everywhere but paid one is scarce
Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by Pavore9: 7:07am On Sep 27, 2016
baaliyah:

You are right. there is job everywhere in Nigeria, many people are just lazy and 'overselective'.

I hope this recession will open many Nigerians mind's eye!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by Ranchhoddas: 7:07am On Sep 27, 2016
I need a temporary job. One to two months!
Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:08am On Sep 27, 2016
is what u have in ur brain will determine/ is not about connection... u just need to be prepare focus and determine,...in getting ur favourite job i got my job through that

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Are Not To Blame For Being Jobless by VictorRomanov: 7:10am On Sep 27, 2016
In the end, na who hunger go blow? The people wey u blame or yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why The Rush In Military Applicants? / Want To Grab The Employer’s Attention With Your CV? Follow These Tips / How To Get Paid 100k Monthly Teaching A Subject Without Leaving Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.