Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! (4534 Views)

We Stand By Our Story On El-Rufai’s N90 Billion Worth - The Union Editor / Checkout This Throwback Picture Of El-rufai And Wife / Jonathan Fires DG Of BPE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by danexd(m): 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2009
ThinkRait:

An opportunity for a Katsina/ Kano man (or another northerner) to head the NIA.

Yar' Adua,  pleeeeaase prove me wrong. I beg u in d Lord's name.

Hey ThinkRait! Dont invite the NL tribalists to this thread! grin grin grin grin

motion seconded!
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by Thomaths(m): 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2009
Intersting! How I wish Yar adual could be fired in the same manner. Useless fellow
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by Thomaths(m): 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2009
ThinkRait:

An opportunity for a Katsina/ Kano man (or another northerner) to head the NIA.

Yar' Adua, pleeeeaase prove me wrong. I beg u in d Lord's name.

Hey ThinkRait! Dont invite the NL tribalists to this thread! grin grin grin grin

We need not a prophet to tell us that it's all political game
mjay:

I think the guy shld come out to state his own side of the story now that he has been sacked, afterall we are in a democracy. The worst that can happen to him is to join the duo of El Rufai and Ribadu in exile, But we deserve to hear and know the truth.
OMG, I can't just laughing
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by Anubis: 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2009
edit
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by keyremotes(m): 9:11pm On Oct 14, 2009
[size=28pt]THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE WITHOUT A CLUE ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE DOING RULE A NATION.[/size]
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by marvix(m): 9:42pm On Oct 14, 2009
Yar adua is not a sincere person from time.hes aware of this from d begining,when it became embarrasing for d FG.He had to act.Evrything was done internally.

I think its unfair to refer to Yaradua as an unsincere person i believe that he has proven himself to be sincere, lets take our minds back to when he assumed office and we all went on strike following the fuel price increases and other matters while he pleaded that we went back to work labour stood their grounds until he finally committed himself that prices of petroleum products would not be increased without the approval of labour and related unions who were incorporated in the pricing commitee now 2 yrs after we are yet to see a price increase instead we have witnessed a reduction that has been sustained despite all what our oil marketers may have wanted, what abt his handling of the lagos council funds, what abt his handling of court pronouncemnts what abt his handling of the niger delta issue among others, he has shown a capacity to be sincere by even coming out openly to say "the elections that brought me in were flawed" how many of our leaders have been able to agree to that simple fact.

On the issue of the passports of the duo i believe that truly the president might not be aware of the move by the D.G, and the D.G cld have done it thinking he would get a presidential pat on the back the same way the ambassador gave his advise hoping the president or whoever gave the order would reconsider, but Mr president would only accept your assistanc if itis within the law and any other underhand deal no matter what its purpose would find you on your own, this D.G has been in that office before Yaradua came in and maybe he thot it was still business as usual but i say sorry to him and hope other officials take a cue and stop embarrasing our nation.

I also want to plead with us most especially the youths that it is not as bad as we think it is the president is trying his best and i believe that if we exercise patience and give our support this nation will achieve more instead of looking at govt especially the president as an enemy we should look at him as a partner in achieving our dreams as a nation.
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by OAM4J: 9:54pm On Oct 14, 2009
Homonide:

As far as i'm concerned the DG of NIA was just used as a pawn in power game. I think some1 high up in the Yar'adead( sorry Yar'adua)

adminstration issued that directive, and now because of protests from left,right,front,and center, some1 has to be made a scape goat, and he/she h

has to be as distant from the President as possible;thus the sack of the NIA DG.

Mr Yar'adead remains a big failure and the sacking of the NIA DG cannot score him any political point, no matter how little, it can only subtract.

Cant agree less with the above. Poor NIA DG, what a shame.
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by keyremotes(m): 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2009
marvix:

Yar adua is not a sincere person from time.hes aware of this from d begining,when it became embarrasing for d FG.He had to act.Evrything was done internally.

I think its unfair to refer to Yaradua as an unsincere person i believe that he has proven himself to be sincere, lets take our minds back to when he assumed office and we all went on strike following the fuel price increases and other matters while he pleaded that we went back to work labour stood their grounds until he finally committed himself that prices of petroleum products would not be increased without the approval of labour and related unions who were incorporated in the pricing commitee now 2 yrs after we are yet to see a price increase instead we have witnessed a reduction that has been sustained despite all what our oil marketers may have wanted, what abt his handling of the lagos council funds, what abt his handling of court pronouncemnts what abt his handling of the niger delta issue among others, he has shown a capacity to be sincere by even coming out openly to say "the elections that brought me in were flawed" how many of our leaders have been able to agree to that simple fact.

On the issue of the passports of the duo i believe that truly the president might not be aware of the move by the D.G, and the D.G cld have done it thinking he would get a presidential pat on the back the same way the ambassador gave his advise hoping the president or whoever gave the order would reconsider, but Mr president would only accept your assistanc if itis within the law and any other underhand deal no matter what its purpose would find you on your own, this D.G has been in that office before Yaradua came in and maybe he thot it was still business as usual but i say sorry to him and hope other officials take a cue and stop embarrasing our nation.

I also want to plead with us most especially the youths that it is not as bad as we think it is the president is trying his best and i believe that if we exercise patience and give our support this nation will achieve more instead of looking at govt especially the president as an enemy we should look at him as a partner in achieving our dreams as a nation.
I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU O.

ALL IS THERE FOR ALL TO SEE.

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ANOTHER COUNTRY HERE?

WHAT CAN YOU TRULLY AND SINCERELY POINT AT THAT THEY HAVE ACHIEVED?

IS IT THE PLANNED REMOVAL OF "SUBSIDY"?
IS IT THE ROMANCE WITH IBORI, IGBINEDION AND OTHERS
WHAT IS THE HOPE OF THE PEOPLE OF OUR GENERATION?

REMEMBER, AT THE AGE OF 30 GOWON WAS HEAD OF STATE.
HOW MANY 30 YEAR OLD'S HAVE A ROOF OF THEIR OWN OVER THEIR HEADS?
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by Biimz: 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2009
Fellow country Women and Men,

Let us all begin to do our piece in rebuilding our nation. Let us start by working the hours we are being paid for, stop txting or receiving calls during work, stop inflating prices, stop paying bribes(ha ha) or film the man/woman demanding the bribe and expose him/her etc. A little goes a long way.

We shall get there.
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by nethacker(m): 6:38am On Oct 15, 2009
keyremotes:

OMG!! very impressive response from u there clap clap clap clap clap cllaaaapp  grin wouldnt hv said it more than that.Perhaps he thinks we r talking abt Niger republic.
@marvix-- do u listen to news @all?  angry dnt u knw d stupid pple caling themselves govt hv agreed wit d petroleum marketers to deregulate d downstream sector startin frm Nov 1,2010 ? u r here giving d dullards praises all because d prices of fuel hasnt increased in the past 2 yrs angry. rubbish!!!!! angry Be informed !!  tongue
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by klas(m): 8:25am On Oct 15, 2009
It would appear that the DG NIA was sacked for misinforming the president after issuing the 'unauthorised' memo but the second boldened part.

The Director-General of the Nigeria Intelligence Agency (NIA), Mr. Emmanuel Enarune Imohe, has been sacked by the Federal Government over the Nasir el-Rufai and Nuhu Ribadu passport saga.
He was said to have issued an instruction to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to ask Nigerian missions abroad to deny el-Rufai and Ribadu consular services.
El-Rufai, former Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), and Ribadu, former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), are currently involved in face-offs with federal authorities and the embargo was interpreted as an attempt to get back at them.
Most recently, el-Rufai’s attempt to get a new passport, having exhausted his current booklet, was turned down by the Nigerian High Commission in London reportedly on “orders from above”, although the mission claimed el-Rufai was not patient enough to wait for the processing.
[b]President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, according to a Presidency source, was then informed by top security chiefs that el-Rufai was only trying to tarnish the image of the government with his passport denial claims.
The President was said to have believed that there was no attempt to deny the former minister a new pass[/b]port.
However, it has since emerged that there was actually a memo dated September 17, 2009 which was sent to Nigerian missions abroad by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Joe Keshi – acting on a directive from the NIA dated September 15, 2009 – that el-Rufai and Ribadu should be denied new passports and consular services for carrying out “a campaign of calumny” against the Federal Government.
Keshi, however, seemed to have had a rethink, as he later wrote a letter dated September 29, 2009, to Imohe, warning him of the consequences of his directive.
In the letter to Imohe entitled: “Withdrawal of Consular Assistance To Mallam Nuhu Ribadu and Mallam el-Rufai”, Keshi write: “I write to acknowledge receipt of your letter Ref. No. Sr.28/VoI.13 dated 15th September, 2009 on the above subject and to attach herewith a copy of the action taken in compliance with your letter mentioned above. However, having implemented the content of your letter under reference, I am directed to raise some concerns of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, whose advice on the issue would have been useful in the first instance.
“2. The decision not to renew the former Minister's passport may unwittingly portray the Federal Government in bad light within the international community as a government that is too sensitive to criticism.
“3. The decision could engender more sympathy for him, which he could utilise to greater advantage especially if he opts to pursue the matter in court. That sympathy could also, as in the past, lead to some sympathetic country granting him temporary travelling documents which will in the end defeat our purpose and render our action irrelevant. Equally, is the view that the criticism of the Government could increase resulting in an unnecessary distraction that Government could do without at the moment.
“4. The best antidote to the Mallam el-Rufai menace is to generally ignore him, monitor his movement and where necessary respond without delay to some of his most stringent comments. It's our silence and inability to respond promptly, extensively and effectively to his numerous comments since he left Nigeria that has hurt us most than the things he has said. As it is said in Washington, ‘a story not denied within 24 hours, is believed to be true’, hence the White House information managers are on duty 24 hours and they do not fight shy of taking on the Government's opponent all the time.
“5. The essence of this letter therefore is not only to inform you of the implementation of your letter, but to hope that based on the above, you may wish to reconsider the issue, which I have no doubt would show the maturity of the Federal Government.”
With the saga eventually creating PR problems for the government, Yar’Adua reportedly summoned a security meeting at the weekend to review the case.
At first, there were suggestions that the government should dismiss the letter as forgery, but this did not sail through.
Imohe reportedly acted on “orders from above” – understood to mean the National Security Adviser, Maj-Gen Serki Mukhtar, who is also believed to have acted on “orders from above”, although it is now alleged that the President was not in the picture.
“I can say without any doubt in my mind that the President did not know anything about the directive,” a Presidency official told THISDAY yesterday, although there were still strong suggestions that it would have been procedurally impossible for the NIA DG to issue such a major directive without clearance from “above”.

Another official said: “Even if Imohe was instructed from above, it was very wrong for him to have put it in writing. So that calls to question his ability to handle the job.”
Imohe was asked to resign after the security meeting last Monday, but having failed to do so by the morning of last Tuesday, he was fired by the evening of the same day.
But in a telephone interview with THISDAY yesterday, el-Rufai said he felt nothing but pity for Imohe.
“I know Imohe very well. He is just the fall guy. He acted purely on instructions from the President,” he alleged. “The first question I would like to ask is: a citizen has alleged that he was denied a new passport. As President of Nigeria, Yar’Adua should have ordered an investigation. Did he do that? Even if I was doing propaganda, did Yar’Adua make any attempt to investigate it? I pity Imohe. They have just sacrificed him for nothing. But it is a clear message to those doing Yar’Adua’s hatchet job that the man will deny them at the end of the day. At least, (former President Olusegun) Obasanjo stood by his people when he was in power. Yar’Adua will deny anybody,” he said.
Recently, the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Chief Mike Aondoakaa, accused Ribadu of plotting against Nigeria, while the EFCC is seeking the extradition of el-Rufai to face charges which the former minister maintains were politically motivated.
Meanwhile, the decision to deny el-Rufai and Ribadu new passports has been reversed.
In a message transmitted to missions by the Minister of State II Foreign Afffairs, Ambassador Bagudu Hirse, the Federal Government directed that the September 17 letter should be reversed and consular assistance should be rendered to the duo.
“For the avoidance of doubt, the said directive had no authority of Mr. President who has ordered an investigation into the matter,” he wrote.
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=157128
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by otokx(m): 10:15am On Oct 15, 2009
Nice
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by Alxmyr(m): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2009
Do we really have co-ordinated mouth-piece of the government. Is there anybody somewhere whose job it might be to co-ordinate what comes from Aso Rock to the public? Everybody in Yar'Adull government can get up and do something that can jeopardise the interest of the whole countryand portray Nigeria in bad light. How on earth do people so intelligent and sharp end up with this kind of people in the office,
I am ashamed of the government. I hope someone will not wake up one day and issue ban on NL or even order it close,
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by rells2(m): 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2009
Analysts say Mr. Imohe may simply have been expended to help Yar'Adua save face, as it is most unlikely he would have caused such a directive to be given in the name of the highest level, without authorization.

I wonder what political appointment Mr Imohe would be given for compensation. Does Yaradull and his cronies really think we would fall for this.
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by ThinkRait: 6:29pm On Oct 15, 2009
marvix:

Yes, he admitted he came in through a flawed process but he has not done anything to prevent future flaws. Instead the PDP (which he leads) rigged their way through in Ekiti.
Yar'Adua is not only insincere, he lacks focus. He lacks ideas and he surrounds himself with Certified Confused Men.
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by powerblaze(m): 8:42am On Oct 16, 2009
Nigerian Intellingence Agency? grin grin grin
wherez the intellingnce?
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by nex(m): 9:46am On Oct 16, 2009
A lot of you underestimate the power of sycophancy in this country. A lot of the crimes Abacha committed, he wasn't even aware of.

President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua is definitely unaware of this drama, and honestly, this whole hide and seek game is too petty for him.

This Imohe fellow was trying to get in the good books of Yar'Adua, Turai Yar'Adua that is.

Anyway, Nigerians should stop complaining either way things go. If you complain when evil is done, then appreciate when It's turned to good. No matter your suspicion.
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by bibiking1(m): 9:49am On Oct 16, 2009
I guess Turai has her first casualty!
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by ikennahill: 10:42am On Oct 18, 2009
This is funny,a Nigerian by birth been denied the proof of been a Nigerian,even if they a criminals,they are Nigerians and should be addressed as that.this country is funny.man no fit cry(fela)
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by marvix(m): 5:16am On Oct 20, 2009

[color=#990000][/color]

Is d planned removal of subsidy a failure and now we know better there was no agreement with marketers to remove the subsidy by Nov1 but instead the govt has entered into dialogue with labour on the planned deregulation, that is democracy at work.
Does romance with Ibori and Igbinedion means that the president cannot achieve what he wants to achieve or is it written anywhere that without recovering past loot we cannot develop as a nation pls forget all the propaganda all past recovered loot from the Abachas what has it translated into 5 years after recovery.
there is hope for the people of our generation let us not be rigid towards change, people of my generation what have we benefitted from the regulation of the petroleum sector that we should be so scared of geregulation. Deregulation seeks to remove Govt interference from the business of petroleum products, open it up for more players and with nmore players more employment opportunities and even better service.

Have you ever thought of it this way that the problems of this nation can be traced to the Gowon regime, first he didnt get there by due process hes ascension was bloody he sustained it with more blood in the civil war may be if he was older when he got there the war would have been averted and a whole lot of other failures with his administration would have been better addressed if he were matured.

Let us keep faith alive even Gowon prays for this Government why not you, be an agent of change
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by marvix(m): 5:32am On Oct 20, 2009
OMG!! very impressive response from u there clap clap clap clap clap cllaaaapp Grin wouldnt hv said it more than that.Perhaps he thinks we r talking abt Niger republic.
@marvix-- do u listen to news @all? Angry dnt u knw d stupid pple caling themselves govt hv agreed wit d petroleum marketers to deregulate d downstream sector startin frm Nov 1,2010 ? u r here giving d dullards praises all because d prices of fuel hasnt increased in the past 2 yrs Angry. rubbish!!!!! Angry Be informed !! Tongue

In the past do queues appear and disaapear from your fuel stations witout an increase in the price of fuel, most times we even beg that they increase it so we can have it but the recent fuel queues due to rumors have disappeared and at my last check the prices are still the same.
Do u really listen to the news atall or just take headlines and continue with your movie chanell or is it the foreign news you are talking about.
A man has decided to work quietly,slowly but surely, wholistically and permanently all u can do is to hurl bricks at him calling him a non performer i prefer his style and i think we should encourage and support him no matter what we represent especially in the interest of the nation.
You say it is rubbish that fuel has not been increased are u not aware that the marketers have been proposing all kind of prices for fuel but he remained resolute that any price adjustment must be ratified by the commitee where labour is represented thats y there is a lot of rumor and speculations and after all said and done the prices remain the same.

HERE IS AN ADVICE FOR YOU WHENEVER U READ THE NEWS TRY AND UNDERSTAND THE PERSPECTIVES OF THOSE GIVING YOU THE NEWS WEIGH IT WITH WHAT IS GOING ON AND THEN YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE BETTER JUDGEMENTS
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by marvix(m): 5:45am On Oct 20, 2009
A lot of you underestimate the power of sycophancy in this country. A lot of the crimes Abacha committed, he wasn't even aware of.

President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua is definitely unaware of this drama, and honestly, this whole hide and seek game is too petty for him.

This Imohe fellow was trying to get in the good books of Yar'Adua, Turai Yar'Adua that is.

Anyway, Nigerians should stop complaining either way things go. If you complain when evil is done, then appreciate when It's turned to good. No matter your suspicion.

Nex thanks you understand what we are talkin about, is it a man that is trying so hard to resolve d issues in the Niger delta that will be worrying about an international passport, the memos coming to his office daily on resolving the energy crisis is more than enough not to talk of other serious state matters then some people just sit down believing that the president is so jobless, he might have even forgotten that rufai would require a passport to travel and even rufai claims he has been travelling with the mileage he had not exhausted as a govt official.

I BELIEVE WE CAN GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME THATS Y IL ALWAYS BE HERE POSTING MY COMMENTS ON ISSUES AS THEY ARISE THE FUTURE WILL BE THE JUDGE
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by marvix(m): 6:23am On Oct 20, 2009
Yes, he admitted he came in through a flawed process but he has not done anything to prevent future flaws. Instead the PDP (which he leads) rigged their way through in Ekiti.
Yar'Adua is not only insincere, he lacks focus. He lacks ideas and he surrounds himself with Certified Confused Men.

At least give it to him 'he is sincere'. If he could acknowledge let him also work on it
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by keyremotes(m): 6:31am On Oct 20, 2009
@marvix
IS HE THAT MUCH OF A DULLARD THAT HE CANNOT SEE FOR HIMSELF?
HOW MUCH IMPROVEMENT IS LIVING STANDARD HAVE WE SEEN SINCE HE CAME ON BOARD?
CAN HE NOT PUT HIS FOOT DOWN AND SAY NO?
Re: Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! by gaphy(m): 11:57am On Oct 20, 2009
e be like say them dey smoke weed for that Aso Rock, i mean, there's no other explanation to the madness emanating from there, na wa o

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Benefit Of River Niger Dreging For All Nigerians? / GEJ's Transformational Trains Conveying People To Their Homes Today For Xmass / Soldiers Besiege Tinubu's House At Bourdillon,ikoyi,lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.