Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ (7040 Views)

Army's Official Statement About The Abia NUJ & Soldiers Fracas In Umuahia / El-Rufai Condemns Attack On Shehu Sani, Suleiman Kunkiyi And NUJ / $50M: Mu’azu Disowns Ikoyi House, But ETCO Website Exposed Him - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by Jirate(m): 11:07pm On Sep 26, 2016
THE National leadership of the Nigeria Union of Journalists has said the ten persons currently in the custody of the Department of State Services for electoral related offences are not journalists.

The arrested persons had claimed that they were in Edo State for the coverage of Wednesday’s governorship election.

But while addressing journalists in Benin City on Monday on behalf of the National President of the NUJ, Waheed Odunsile, the chairman of the NUJ in Edo State, Roland Osakwe, said the suspects were unable to provide any form of identification linking them to any media house.

He said, “I must confess that the union was seriously embarrassed when it was discovered that the arrested persons were not practicing journalists as their means of identification were misleading. Their contradictory claims of working with Watch Dog, a publication based in Abuja, did not add up.

“Although one of them had an invalid NUJ national identification card, their inability to explain their mission in the state and the established fact that they were not practicing journalists, owing to the fact that none of them had any published story to their names, showed they were fake.

“Consequently, the national secretariat of the NUJ, particularly the President, who has been following the matter since it broke, has directed that the union publicly disclaim these fellows as a way of sending a clear message to those who find it most convenient to impersonate members of the pen profession for pecuniary gains.”

He urged members to ensure they were properly accredited before the coverage of the election so as to avoid clashes with security agents.

http://punchng.com/detained-suspected-journalists-not-members-nuj/

Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by HungerBAD: 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2016
I said it.

10 Likes

Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by Jirate(m): 11:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
HungerBAD:
I said it.

Said What, or are You still Hungry? cool

11 Likes

Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by ch91: 11:20pm On Sep 26, 2016
we don hear
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by micfoley: 12:16am On Sep 27, 2016
Ok o
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by holuwatobhy(m): 8:20am On Sep 27, 2016
APC and Yamayma
5&6

Help me with Zuma Jo...

5 Likes

Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by FagsamPHP(m): 8:21am On Sep 27, 2016
k
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by ta4ba3(m): 8:22am On Sep 27, 2016
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 27, 2016
Hmmm, maybe they r CIA undecided
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by BANGERLEE1(m): 8:24am On Sep 27, 2016
that one sef dey.
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by freemanbubble: 8:25am On Sep 27, 2016
ok
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by Jimiolay(f): 8:26am On Sep 27, 2016
Kai, na pple wen Dem wan take rig
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by frubben(m): 8:26am On Sep 27, 2016
Come u guys should not curse wahala for us here ooo am in benin I really want to sleep with my 2 eyes close o.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by PoeticJazco(m): 8:27am On Sep 27, 2016
holuwatobhy:
APC and Yamayma
5&6

Help me with Zuma Jo...
Here is it Sir but you NL people suppose to be paying this man for his service on this platform.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:28am On Sep 27, 2016
Surely they might be social media journalist....
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by DLondonboiy: 8:28am On Sep 27, 2016
on my way to Edo to monitor this election...

lemme see how APC wee do ojoro in my presence...lemme cast them for the whole world to see...
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by slawali: 8:30am On Sep 27, 2016
holuwatobhy:
APC and Yamayma
5&6

Help me with Zuma Jo...

I swear u will soon die of Apc mark my word.

4 Likes

Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 27, 2016
DLondonboiy:
on my way to Edo to monitor this election...

lemme see how APC wee do ojoro in my presence...lemme cast them for the whole world to see...

Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by holuwatobhy(m): 8:36am On Sep 27, 2016
PoeticJazco:
Here is it Sir but you NL people suppose to be paying this man for his service on this platform.

Correct guy

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by holuwatobhy(m): 8:37am On Sep 27, 2016
slawali:

I swear u will soon die of Apc mark my word.

Pelle..

Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by goodheart92: 8:41am On Sep 27, 2016
holuwatobhy:
APC and Yamayma
5&6

Help me with Zuma Jo...
you will be chock with the election result tomorrow, you better find a way of getting over Jonathan defeat trauma you put yourself before it will turn to full blown hypertension in your body

3 Likes

Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by darocha1: 8:50am On Sep 27, 2016
Jokers
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by Healthybiz: 8:53am On Sep 27, 2016
shocked
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by geostrata(m): 9:04am On Sep 27, 2016
grin

see as dem sharply deny d guy...cos of politics! angry angry
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by stronggman: 9:17am On Sep 27, 2016
No who pastor osagie izeiyamu dey contest with for Edo state safe.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by stronggman: 9:18am On Sep 27, 2016
Na who pastor osagie izeiyamu dey contest with for Edo state safe.
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by pythonkid(m): 9:21am On Sep 27, 2016
dem don arrest people wey fit blow dem yansh
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by AjalaJ(m): 9:49am On Sep 27, 2016
Why would they disown those journalists? Are they fake journalists or have they done something that's unethical?

Neteller here: .com.ng
Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by Richy4(m): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2016
They could be Nairalanders seeking for front page material.....

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: NUJ Disowns Arrested ‘journalists’ by DistinctWorld(m): 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
E be like say "APC" go carry their wahala comot oooo! Abi wetin u too think?

(1) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe Answers Nnamdi Kanu Call For A Debate with intellectuals On Biafra. / 33 Senators To Work On 2019 Budget During Elections / Third Force Coalition Adopts Hashim-olawepo Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.