Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today (23900 Views)

High Speeding Car Fall In A Culvert, Luckily No Life Was Lost. / Top 15 Things We Used To Do In 80's/90's We Do No More / Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by MzDeeb(f): 10:01pm On Sep 27, 2016
IncredibleJoe:
Dat Palito radio na confirm thing oh... Remember those days when I carry it all about in Mayflower...

Like seriously eh, who get palito then for Mayflower na King.. Guys will now Fly collar, sag knicker and bounce along the car park feeling kinky. Lol

1 Like

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by abumeinben(m): 10:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
caprini1:
2500 is 10 gig and 3000 is 12gig with glo.......my dstv subscription is now 6k monthly ,i watch premiership and la liga there ,champions league and other football matches i watch live on my laptop with the glo subs.

embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by IncredibleJoe(m): 6:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
Emmex0804:
#irepexmay#.....What set are you.

2005/2011
Stn no: 20765
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by IncredibleJoe(m): 6:55pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzDeeb:

Like seriously eh, who get palito then for Mayflower na King.. Guys will now Fly collar, sag knicker and bounce along the car park feeling kinky. Lol

Am telling... the feeling was outta the world then...person wey no go Mayflower miss sha
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by mytym(m): 8:32am On Sep 29, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
We had Everyday People

Uncle Sylvanus... Good soaps
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by JABB(m): 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2016
Bros you wan try,My Biro Na rewinder as I no fit stop the JAMZ

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by proudly9ja(m): 12:51am On Sep 30, 2016
sukkot:
thats not the point. the point is being in a country where those ruling dont look like you. its not good. even the bible tells you so, seeing as you quoted Jesus and God I assume you regard the bible

jeremiah 30 vs 21 Their leader will be one of their own, and their ruler will come from among them.
To everyone, his own. You've made your choice.
In the same Bible, Joseph, a Jew became Prime Minister, Daniel another Jew became governor in another land. Moses was prince in Egypt. I can go on and on.
And even in our own time, Obama a Kenyan is currently president of the strongest country in the world; There are countless Nigerians who are MPs and councillors in the UK and so on.
Again, the earth's the Lord's.

Just walk according to God's plan whether it's in Nigeria,Ghana, Kenya, UK, Germany,US and there's no height you cannot rise to.
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by MzDeeb(f): 11:32am On Sep 30, 2016
IncredibleJoe:

Am telling... the feeling was outta the world then...person wey no go Mayflower miss sha

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by IncredibleJoe(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
MzDeeb:

Yes ooo.. The school is a total package for all students
I am always super proud to be an Ex-May.

What's your student number?
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Justiceleague1: 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
sinaj:
How time flies smiley
yesso,grannie sijo grin
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Justiceleague1: 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
charix:
Good old days? If I hear.
I remember pre 1993 when we had nothing to watch allday and had to wait till 16:00 for NTA's daily resumption. The channel closed at 00:00 unfailingly and sometimes earlier in times of power failure. I remember being forced to watch only church programs after the 30 minute cartoon segments from 16:30 to 22:00 when the station finally chose to broadcast the nationwide news then a '70s movie before the final close. The shows I remember from the era are mediocre compared to today's standards production and story wise.

I remember a full three month blackout during the Abacha era due to petroleum scarcity. The wealthy few were only able to run generators for an hour a day(the 22:00 news hour) before near-crying to sleep in hot mosquito infested rooms.

I remember when the only window Nigerians had to the world was propaganda-filled NTA, newspaper dailies and state-run radio stations. If NTA announced the United States was no longer a country no Nigerian could refute the statement; no means existed even if we wanted to.

Anybody remember Nitel? I don't want to go there. NIPOST nko, before the advent of email technology?

The '90s are long gone and dusted. Thank God technology has made us all the more wise. I'm presently in my bedroom yet know at least 90 people would view this comment -- a feat not possible in 1990.

...and u have 9 'likes' so far..might get to 90 by 9pm...hehe
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Justiceleague1: 5:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
sukkot:
its called multitasking. plus i am in europe where is 24 7 internet is dirt cheap so i am always logged into nairaland on my laptop even when i am doing other work on the side. then i check from time to time to see if i have mentions or if there is new topic. the benefits of living in europe mate. i get to be logged into the net for 24 hrs a day and for 30 days a month and only pay like 12 thousand naira equivalent wink

u guys are damm lucky....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Justiceleague1: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2016
sukkot:
lol yeah i left a long time ago. am coming back home to settle this year though insha Allah God willing. thanks for the info. i need that service when i get to naija. how is germany ? very nice place if you go to major multicultural cities like munchen, stuttgart, dusseldorf, etc. its a very great place to be if you are young and have no care in the world. but as you get older you start to feel lonely there and you want to be around people who look like you. so if you are under 25 ? its a great place. if you are over 30 ? not so great. unless the only thing that matters to you in life is food and an organized society. but if you are more into culture and eating african foods and going to african parties and just living a great life culturally and spiritually then you will want to stay away from germany or europe. i hear ghana is good

you gotta be kidding,coming back to where to do what!? Yu mean u wanna come BBBACK to naija!? Pls,can we exchange passports?
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by sinaj(f): 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
Justiceleague1:

yesso,grannie sijo grin
lol u no well tongue
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
Justiceleague1:

...and u have 9 'likes' so far..might get to 90 by 9pm...hehe
90 views, not likes. A refresher although I'm very sure you saw it before commenting.

I'm presently in my bedroom yet know at least 90 people would view this comment
Now since I'm very sure you read the comment properly, I highlighted it again then quoted the comment for clarification -- was the mention necessary?

1 Like

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by sukkot: 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
Justiceleague1:

you gotta be kidding,coming back to where to do what!? Yu mean u wanna come BBBACK to naija!? Pls,can we exchange passports?
bros you cant run frm your destiny. your destiny will find you wherever you are
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Emmex0804(m): 11:18am On Oct 05, 2016
okay...my is 1999/2005 set
S/N 15610.

IncredibleJoe:

2005/2011
Stn no: 20765
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by IncredibleJoe(m): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2016
Emmex0804:
okay...my is 1999/2005 set S/N 15610.
I hail oh... You be my oga at the top...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Ways To Remain Poor / Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! / Man Clears And Carries Gutter Content With Bare Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.