Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) (28070 Views)

FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project / Chinese Man Holds Umbrella For Masari, Katsina Governor, In China.PICS / Nigeria, World Bank, Seven Energy Sign Deal For Over 500MW To National Grid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by chimere66: 11:49am On Sep 27, 2016
According to Kufre,Akwa Ibom state Governor is on the verge of signing a deal with a China company for Ibom Deep Sea Port.He wrote...

'In talks with China Merchants Group for Ibom Deep Sea Port in Shenzhen, China'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/gov-udom-emmanuel-set-to-sign-deal-with.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by chimere66: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2016

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by richidinho(m): 11:55am On Sep 27, 2016
Ok
Pls thou shall not follow in the footsteps of the cursed tribe of Federal govt of Nigeria that patronized black market investors in China

Deal with the right investors so that the project can start sooner that later.

No wonder!!! So this government is built around youths like Kufre that is why they are getting it right, a govt that promised us metering company within 8months we have started submiting CV

Una welldone oooo

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2016
I can't wait to use this port. Igbos will channel all their shipments via this port. The 900 billion naira Lagos gets will now go to our brothers in Akwa Ibom. To God be the Glory. I hope that Buhari and yorubba will not frustrate this project.

113 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by buJu234: 12:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
gudnews to the people of that state & region..

but G... instead of u to face ur job,, u dey do nairaland & pinging...lol grin grin grin

Am glad when i see young brains in govt.

6 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by jmichlins(m): 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
you no be journalist or press secretary to any party involved and you choose to take a selfie in the middle of an important meeting. If they sack you for not being serious with work now you will blame the president or your old aunt in the village. See woman no take photo na you wey be man do am

20 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by christejames(m): 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2016
I see Akwa Ibom state reclaiming her rightful position as an oil city-state, not just Lag will continue to enjoy all the goodies emanating from the FG...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Idrismusty97(m): 1:30pm On Sep 27, 2016
Well this is encouraging. I hope it isn't just talk. If it succeed it will create another Lagos-like city and will greatly reduce the strain on present Lagos. I hope they will be a functional port in the South-South.

BTW who is that sponge bob taking selfie?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by drnoel: 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
Freedom2016:
I can't wait to use this this port. Igbos will channel all their shipments via this port. The 900 billion naira Lagos gets will now go to our brothers in Akwa Ibom. To God be the Glory. I hope that Buhari and yorubba will not frustrate this project.
How will they do that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Blue3k(m): 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
Excellent news. Only thing that could make it better is if Nigerian company was building port. Let our government not screw this task up like the did keeping simple street lights on. Take a look in airport road where we had darkness jully because nobody change light bulb in solar powered lights.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by LovesonBlezz(m): 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2016
Good move

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nedumadrid(m): 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
Nna that guy NOSE no be for here o,na foreign based Nose he carry....

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
Who builds and operate?
What is the stake of the State in the investment?
I am sure Buhari would support this...to reduce the burden on Lagos grin
Do quick so that NPA can share the coordinates for ships to berth grin
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by legendte(m): 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
Igbos get ready. The closer the port, the smoother our business.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by seguno2: 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
We should celebrate a deal that is ALMOST done?
So what should we do when the deal is FINALLY done?
Moreover, what should we do when the seaport is DELIVERED and operational?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by dinggle: 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2016
This is good news, and will humble Lagos govt and their Obas! I can't wait. I hope Cross River tow same path.

17 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by AntiZombie: 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
grin

what Akwa Ibom needs to overtake PH? and lagos

a deep seaport
a FTZ
a Gas city. with LNG facilities
massive rice farming in its swamps
a refinery
a steel factory
restore the 2nd largest alumnium smelter in the world that they have

whats they have?
a power station (500mw)
a gas plant
a good fishing industry

more?
explore their tourism potentials by building seaside resorts
a model city by its huge shoreline

and lots more

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
seguno2:
We should celebrate a deal that is ALMOST done?
So what should we do when the deal is FINALLY done?
Moreover, what should we do when the seaport is DELIVERED and operational?

Haba Afonja

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by ANIEXTY(m): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
I see Akwa ibom going far

..Proudly an Akwa ibomite

25 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by seguno2: 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
Freedom2016:
I can't wait to use this this port. Igbos will channel all their shipments via this port. The 900 billion naira Lagos gets will now go to our brothers in Akwa Ibom. To God be the Glory. I hope that Buhari and yorubba will not frustrate this project.

Is there no port in Calabar and in PORT Harcourt?
Why have the Igbos not channelled all their shipments to them?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Tommfrench(m): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
that guy needs to be slapped sad

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
drnoel:

How will they do that?

You think it's by accident or by the will of God that only Lagos ports are the only fully functional ports in Nigeria? Despite ports in Calabar, Warri, Port Harcourt, Onne and Onitsha. This is by design!

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Senorprinz(m): 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
Blue3k:
Excellent news. Only thing that could make it better is if Nigerian company was building port. Let our government not screw this task up like the did keeping simple street lights on. Take a look in airport road where we had darkness jully because nobody change light bulb in solar powered lights.
Nigerian company never construct better gutter finish na sea port you want make them handle, it's not fish pond we're talking about here.

7 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Lnxxxxx(m): 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2016
I don't think most people making comments understands how business works. Are you aware that there is a port in Port Harcourt already.

Business is about market (population that have good income). If they bring in their goods, will they sell all of them at their home lands? What people don't understand is that by going "home", you limit the market for your product and thus growth. Business and alot of ideology dont always go hand in hand.

But for fun, check where the head office of capital oil or other establishmentof wealthy easterners.

All the same it's very good development.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by mmsen: 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
dinggle:
This is good news, and will humble Lagos govt and their Obas! I can't wait. I hope Cross River tow same path.

It isn't about 'humbling' fellow Nigerians.

Why are you people so destructive? It is that mentality that has some people afraid of building a 2nd Niger Bridge or even a 4th Mainland Bridge.

What is good for Uyo is also good for Lagos and the rest of Nigeria.

I wish there was a reorientation programme for people like you who seem intent on spreading ignorance and discord at will.

11 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
seguno2:

Is there no port in Calabar and in PORT Harcourt?
Why have the Igbos not channelled all their shipments to them?

You won't understand since you are yoruba. There is what is called systematic marginalization. Very difficult to understand unless you are the marginalized. There is a reason Abuja is developed to international standard and Port Harcourt is not.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Blue3k(m): 1:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
Senorprinz:
Nigerian company never construct better gutter finish na sea port you want make them handle, it's not fish pond we're talking about here.

If they're qualified why not don't assume everyone is as dumb as u. 170 million people and nobody qualified to build it but they're qualified to run and maintain it successfully in your mind. Ports aren't big deal they've existed forever mind you. Then after all this time we should have experts that can build and design. Don't under estimate ability of your country men just because they dont have big names yet.

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
Freedom2016:

Una no dey tire with your lies?.All the monies generated from sea ports go to the FG.The NPA is a federal agency.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obiano Begins $2b Airport Project In Anambra / APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election / Jonathan In Gbamaturu For Presentation Of Staff Of Office To HRM Oboro-Gbaraun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.