Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

How To Repair Your Relationship After Messing Up BIG TIME - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Repair Your Relationship After Messing Up BIG TIME (645 Views)

Lady Ends Her 3 Years Relationship After She Found This On Her Boyfriend's Phone / Nigerian Lady Gives Up On Relationship After Her Experiance With A 'Yahoo' Guy / I Became Stronger In My Relationship After Reading This!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Repair Your Relationship After Messing Up BIG TIME by topzttst(m): 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
If you’re the one who messed up, it’s time you fessed up. Your relationship broke up. Maybe you lied or cheated. No matter what happened, getting your ex to forgive you is a little bit of work. But listen, it’s not completely impossible.

First, a warning, however. Your ex’s forgiveness is never guaranteed. You might never get your ex to completely forgive you. What I can offer is a roadmap. And hopefully the roadmap will lead you to forgiveness and a second chance.

#1. Decide what you really want. Sometimes all of this striving won’t really get you the kind of relationship that you want in the end. It’s important to take a step back and think about whether it’s your ex who you miss or it’s the act of being in a relationship with them that’s really bothering you. You can do everything under the sun to get your ex back, but if your relationship with them isn’t right in the first place, it’s a huge waste of time and energy.

Once you get clear on this, and it’s your ex who you indeed miss, proceed.

#2. Take complete responsibility for your part and apologize sincerely. So often we think that providing a genuine apology is a weakness, when really it’s the first step in getting things between the two of you to where they’re good again. Think of your sincere apology as opening the door and clearing the way to a better future between the two of you.

One caveat. You can’t apologize sloppily. What do I mean by sloppily?
“Oh my goodness dear, wonderful ex, I’m the most wrong person in the history of wrongness, and everything I ever did was for us and I somehow lost my path. I love you now and forever, please forgive me. I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.”

There are a few problems with this. It comes off ultra pathetic, and it’s clear that you’re trying to get something from your ex. Now, you ARE trying to get something from them (their forgiveness) but they can’t lose respect for you during your apology! This is better:

“I wanted to let you know that I’m really sorry for (whatever I did). It wasn’t the right thing to do or fair to you. You deserve better. I’m sorry.”....Continue Reading @

http://www.gisttrace.com/2016/09/how-to-repair-your-relationship-after.html

Re: How To Repair Your Relationship After Messing Up BIG TIME by prospero5(m): 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2016
some things are just too natural to be taught. "I'm sorry" is one of them.
Re: How To Repair Your Relationship After Messing Up BIG TIME by mhizAnnie(f): 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hmmm
Re: How To Repair Your Relationship After Messing Up BIG TIME by Topza(m): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2016
what
Re: How To Repair Your Relationship After Messing Up BIG TIME by oshikoyaodemi(m): 8:45am On Sep 29, 2016
mhizAnnie:
Hmmm
undecided
Re: How To Repair Your Relationship After Messing Up BIG TIME by Damilolababy(f): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
nice thread

(1) (Reply)

7 Ways To Become More Attractive To Ladies / My IQ Is 36. I'm I Stupid? / How Do You Tell When Someone Is In Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.