Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,335 members, 7,957,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:54 PM

Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu (1558 Views)

Elderly Man Blocks Road In Rivers To Protest His Vandalized Chair & Bench / The Maritime University At The Centre Of Renewed Niger Delta Hostilities-AFP / Man Removes Flood Water From His Car In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by ckenneths(m): 1:12am On Sep 29, 2016
The government of Enugu state needs to come to our aid here, how can we all ignore the collection of this large body of dirty water from flooding. This water has completely blocked a road into this beautiful estate around Ebeano tunnel. This water will breed mosquito and diseases in the environment.

This water has been here for over 4 months.

Culled from
http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/2016/09/the-man-made-lake-in-centre-of-enugu.html?m=1

http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/?m=1

Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by ckenneths(m): 1:17am On Sep 29, 2016
From the other entrance to the same Fidelity estates, Enugu.

Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by 01emek(m): 1:36am On Sep 29, 2016
would the governor listen ? his atitude toward state issues are just the opposite of what sulivan and chimaroke would have done.
he is not of the world because his cowardice behaviour is unprecedented .

2 Likes

Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by bi0nics: 1:36am On Sep 29, 2016
Cc: Rheether I hope i got that right

I thought Enugu can't be flooded? embarassed
Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by ckenneths(m): 1:38am On Sep 29, 2016
Lalasticlala, when last did you visit Enugu? grin

Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by ckenneths(m): 1:40am On Sep 29, 2016
bi0nics:
Cc: Rheether I hope i got that right

I thought Enugu can't be flooded? embarassed

This is a flood created because the drains are blocked further down.

2 Likes

Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by bi0nics: 1:42am On Sep 29, 2016
ckenneths:

How does affect me in any way??

Fvck off my mention jare!
Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by mufutau55(m): 2:11am On Sep 29, 2016
ckenneths:

Oga Spyder880, I hail o.
Why didn't the community who had money to build all those houses in that estate did not gather together to do something about it?
Why do we always leave everything to Government to do?

Hajji M.

5 Likes

Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by maryjan8(f): 2:23am On Sep 29, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by pacino26(m): 4:49am On Sep 29, 2016
That plot isn't supposed to be there. There's a natural drainage that pours into a nearby Brook. As usual it for blocked cuz someone is playing smart.

2 Likes

Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by Boleyndynasty2(f): 5:20am On Sep 29, 2016
I don't understand this Ugwuanyi at all
Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by Pavore9: 5:38am On Sep 29, 2016
From the pictures it seems the waterway has been blocked with illegal construction.

1 Like

Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by ckenneths(m): 6:43am On Sep 29, 2016
Pavore9:
From the pictures it seems the waterway has been blocked with illegal construction.

It is, the waterway has been tampered with all the way from the upstream, and now the main flow point is blocked too with an illegal fence.

People are crowding this area with so many buildings because of the location in the centre of the city. Something needs to be done fast before this problem affects the nearby Ebeano tunnel crossing.

1 Like

Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by Clerverley2(m): 6:45am On Sep 29, 2016
Some houses will have to be demolished.
Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by OBAFEMIawolowo: 7:06am On Sep 29, 2016
That fidelity estate was built on waterway
Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by Pavore9: 9:17am On Sep 29, 2016
ckenneths:

It is, the waterway has been tampered with all the way from the upstream, and now the main flow point is blocked too with an illegal fence.

People are crowding this area with so many buildings because of the location in the centre of the city. Something needs to be done fast before this problem affects the nearby Ebeano tunnel crossing.

While Enugu state town planning authority looks the other way! angry
Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by ckenneths(m): 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
Pavore9:

While Enugu state town planning authority looks the other way! angry

Exactly, if it's poor man trying to build a small house now they will storm the place and arrest workers, sent them to jail for only coming to work. This is so sad.
Re: Flood water blocks road In The Centre Of Enugu by ckenneths(m): 9:30pm On Oct 03, 2016
Seems like this pool of water is receding,

Did the government work on this problem or the water naturally drained into the ground?

culled from
http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Riot In Lagos As Hausa Man Allegedly Killed Yoruba / Please Who Again Noticed That Since When Buhari Traveled, Prices Reduce? / South South Supports One Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.