Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,541 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu (7130 Views)

Femi Adesina: ‘Okechukwu’ Buhari won’t abandon south-east / Senate Orders Investigation Of Okechukwu Elenema, Four Banks Over Mtn’s $13.9B / Abuja-kaduna Rail Project No Longer Feasible In May – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by sarrki(m): 4:23am On Sep 29, 2016
NNEWI—The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, yesterday, said it was not surprised by the display of shallow understanding of what referendum is and its processes, as displayed by the present administration of All Progressives Congress, APC in Nigeria. In a statement signed by its spokesperson, Mr. Emma Nmezu, a lawyer and Dr. Clifford Iroanya, IPOB said: “In a presidential system like the one practised in Nigeria, Referendum process is not subject to the dictates of the Presidency or Executive Arm of Government

. In other words, the President of a country has no business, legal right or claimed superiority to determine if there will be Referendum or not.” The IPOB statement read in part: “It is therefore, not surprising that APC government led by Buhari displayed shallow understanding of a Referendum process through Mr President’s utterances during a media event in New York City, USA, on September 24, 2016.

“The Nigerian President was reported to have asserted that there will not be Referendum for Biafra Independence. If we assume that the various media reporting of this assertion from President Buhari is true, then there is no better way to exhibit ignorance on the typology and application of the concept of Referendum. “We will like to use this opportunity to educate and enlighten Mr. President and his likes on Referendum. We want to let them know that Referendum is a method of expression of the will of the people in matters concerning their welfare, existence, and association. “A Referendum is created normatively by an act of Parliament (Legislature) and is not dependent on the aversions or preferences  of the President or Executive  arm of government.

For instance, the Scottish Independence Referendum Act 2013 which led to the Referendum vote of September 18, 2014 was passed  by the Scottish Parliament on 14th of November 2013. “Even the Scottish Parliament itself was brought into existence through the Scottish Devolution (pre-legislative) Referendum of 11 September 1997.

In France, the Jacobin Constitution was adopted in 1793 through a Referendum and Article-3 of the French Constitution of 1958 internalized Referendum as a bulwark to engender any change of policy and philosophy of the Fifth Republic and for the benefits of her citizens.” According to IPOB, “even the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People, UNDRIP, is unequivocal on the inalienable rights of Indigenous People to decide on how they want to govern themselves.

Affirmatively, Nigeria is a signatory to the UNDRIP.” Uwazuruike charges  newly promoted   MASSOB Meantime, leader of the  Movement for Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB and Biafra Independence Movement, BIM, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike, has charged the newly promoted 25 MASSOB members and three others who were elevated to the status of Biafra elders-in-council to maintain non-violent posture until Biafra is actualized.

A press statement signed by BIM’s Director of Information, Mazi Chris Mocha,disclosed that Uwazuruike made the charge while announcing the promotion  of 25 Zonal Administrators to the position of leaders of MASSOB in various senatorial districts in southeast and Niger Delta areas  at an enlarged executive officers meeting at Ojukwu Memorial Library (auditorium), in New Owerri, Imo state capital.

According to the statement, Uwazuruike who mentioned the beneficiaries as Chief Solomon O. Chukwu, now the Chief MASSOB leader; while Samuel Okah will take charge of Cross River state, just as Emeka Okafor will take charge of Delta North, said MASSOB is synomymous with non-violence. Biafra no longer feasible — Okechukwu, VON DG Also yesterday, the Director General, Voice of Nigeria (VON), Osita Okechukwu said the agitation for the sovereign State of Biafra is no longer feasible, taking into cognisance the current political calculations in the country.

Okechukwu spoke  Wednesday  in Abuja at a  gathering of the Abuja chapter of the pan Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohaneze Ndigbo According to him, the decision to vote against the return to regional government at the last national conference and the fact that the Igbo nation were not united in the agitation makes the Biafran agitation difficult to realize.

” He said, “If we must tell ourselves the truth, the greatest obstacle to the actualization of Biafra, was glaringly demonstrated by successive national conferences; the Abacha Conference and Jonathan Conference. In each of the two conferences, the issue of region was voted against by Enugu and Ebonyi states. “The Jonathan Conference of 2014, for instance, was made up of pro-Biafra elements whom a lot had assumed will support regionalism as a prelude to secession. Other states like Ogun, Lagos, Bayelsa, Cross River and majority of Northern states rejected regionalism. To cap it all, the Jonathan Conference recommended the creation of over 50 states.”

Okechukwu said with an “Igbo Presidency” likely in 2023 when the north would have served out its eight years, there was the need for the Igbo nation to tread with caution, pointing out that at present, the Igbo nation is not united in actualizing the Biafra dream. “The agitation for Biafra sounds as a good music, much fun and furry as if it is the only route to Eldorado.

This is false as some of us who lived in the defunct Biafra enclave can narrate. The question one had always posed is, can Biafra be achieved via democracy or by force? Most people one had discussed with had always told me it will be achieved via peaceful means, which in other words means democracy”, he said. He explained that in 2004, papers were presented at the World Igbo day to the effect that the United Nations (UN) is processing the application of Ndigbo for an independent Biafra, saying “this is over a decade and the germane question remains at what stage is our 

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/biafra-ipob-berates-fg-referendum/
Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by nosypat(m): 4:28am On Sep 29, 2016
Ok
Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by Nobody: 4:28am On Sep 29, 2016
Naso.com
Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by sarrki(m): 4:31am On Sep 29, 2016
Only that terrorist in kuje & some pockets of criminal

Minded supporters still believes in that thrash

5 Likes

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by madridguy(m): 4:35am On Sep 29, 2016
Lol
Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by Boleyndynasty2(f): 4:46am On Sep 29, 2016
grin Am igbo but I don't spend as much time as you do reading up or searching for updates on Biafran issue @Op

16 Likes

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by sarrki(m): 4:50am On Sep 29, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
grin Am igbo but I don't spend as much time as you do reading up or searching for updates on Biafran issue @Op

That's my own quota to national development

To stop Ipob

5 Likes

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by Boleyndynasty2(f): 4:56am On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:

That's my own quota to national development

To stop Ipob
cheesy grin you're beyond redemption

16 Likes

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by sarrki(m): 5:00am On Sep 29, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
cheesy grin you're beyond redemption

My sister

Once that criminal in kuje renounced Biafra

I will stop all attacks on Ipob

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by Boleyndynasty2(f): 5:04am On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:

My sister

Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by emynike2001(m): 5:08am On Sep 29, 2016
Biafra here Biafra there, I tell people that this BIAFRA WON'T WORK, As an Igbo man, how many igbos have assisted or helped his fellow brother? U grow angry and breed hatred when u see your fellow Igbo brother progressing and u are not, u give him or her poison to eat and die and even attack him with d aid of a witch doctor or African science. there was a contract I was about to hit last two years IT WAS THE SAME IGBO MAN I CALLED MY BROTHER that terminated it. Igbo's DONT have brotherly love and yet we clamour for Biafra IT WONT WORK hooo haaaa. I did my NYSC back in those days in taraba state, gashaka local government to be precise, an Hausa man welcomed me, Yoruba's were my friends becos am a lagosian BUT AN IGBO MAN lifted up cutlass and want to fight me, in a strange land imagine? Hausa people have brotherly love followed by yoruba , I CANT even find a place to put d Igbo man becos we HATE OURSELVES.
Until we embrass one another with true love as Igbo speaking people WE WILL NEVER ACHIEVE A COMMON GOAL. I speak as an Igbo man, GO AND MARK MY WORDS.

10 Likes

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by sarrki(m): 5:10am On Sep 29, 2016
emynike2001:
Biafra here Biafra there, I tell people that this BIAFRA WON'T WORK, As an Igbo man, how many igbos have assisted or helped his fellow brother? U grow angry and breed hatred when u see your fellow Igbo brother progressing and u are not, u give him or her poison to eat and die and even attack him with d aid of a witch doctor or African science. there was a contract I was about to hit last two years IT WAS THE SAME IGBO MAN I CALLED MY BROTHER that terminated it. Igbo's DONT have brotherly love and yet we clamour for Biafra IT WONT WORK hooo haaaa. I did my NYSC back in those days in taraba state, gashaka local government to be precise, an Hausa man welcomed me, Yoruba's were my friends becos am a lagosian BUT AN IGBO MAN lifted up cutlass and want to fight me, in a strange land imagine? Hausa people have brotherly love followed by yoruba , I CANT even find a place to put d Igbo man becos we HATE OURSELVES.
Until we embrass one another with true love as Igbo speaking people WE WILL NEVER ACHIEVE A COMMON GOAL. I speak as an Igbo man, GO AND MARK MY WORDS.
r

God bless you

You are a patriot

7 Likes

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by sarrki(m): 5:11am On Sep 29, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:

Good luck

Thanks for your word of encouragement

1 Like

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by whirlwind7(m): 5:23am On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:

My sister

See, that's the mistake you lots always make: to believe that the concept or entity called Biafra depends on the outcome of Kanu's incarceration.

For the enlightened ones, Biafra resides in the heart and spirit of every man and woman who bears a connection and kindred spirit with it. Kanu is just one among the millions of these people.
Fact is, the struggle has gone beyond Kanu, who to me, is just a rabble rouser.
His death or incapacitation will not slow down or drown the struggle. Only a reasonable government who is willing to include and listen to the agitating masses would begin to convince the people that a Biafra isn't the solution to the problem.
Buhari certainly isn't that government. What's funny and disgusting is how folks from the SW are always telling Igbos to go back to their homeland, but whenever Biafra is mentioned, they begin to have running stomach cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by Saint52(m): 5:24am On Sep 29, 2016
BABA weda u like it or not, is just a mata of time, freedom is assure for BIAFRA. if you believe click like.

9 Likes

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by sarrki(m): 5:27am On Sep 29, 2016
whirlwind7:

See, that's the mistake you lots always make: to believe that the concept or entity called Biafra depends on the outcome of Kanu's incarceration.

For the enlightened ones, Biafra resides in the heart and spirit of every man and woman who bears a connection and kindred spirit with it. Kanu is just one among the millions of these people.
Fact is, the struggle has gone beyond Kanu, who to me, is just a rabble rouser.
His death or incapacitation will not slow down or drown the struggle. Only a reasonable government who is willing to include and listen to the agitating masses would begin to convince the people that a Biafra isn't the solution to the problem.
Buhari certainly isn't that government. What's funny and disgusting is how folks from the SW are always telling Igbos to go back to their homeland, but whenever Biafra is mentioned, they begin to have running stomach cheesy

No Biafra

Nobody will ever brainwash our youths anymore

1 Like

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by sarrki(m): 5:29am On Sep 29, 2016
Saint52:
BABA weda u like it or not, is just a mata of time, freedom is assure for BIAFRA. if you believe click like.

Our youths mind are made up

No to Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by proeast(m): 5:30am On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:
Only that terrorist in kuje & some pockets of criminal

Minded supporters still believes in that thrash
You this guy again So despite my advise to you yesterday to steer clear of Igbo affairs, you decided to continue in this foolhardiness! I am now convinced that you and your folks are mortally afraid of the existential threat & likely actualization of Biafra going by its popular demand & renaiscence struggle by Igbos & their neighbours but know this, we are not in any way bothered by the opinion & sabotage of parasites against their source of livelihood since we are equal to the task. Okechukwu you mentioned is of no consequence in the scheme of Biafra or what do you expect from him since he is working for Nigeria? I'm sorry but Biafra actualization is at the point of no return & know that the world is taking note, very soon, a UN sponsored referendum will take place that will signal the end of the contraption!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by whirlwind7(m): 5:36am On Sep 29, 2016
emynike2001:

This, brother, is simply your bad luck.
Yes, your bad luck that among the millions of good and honest people all over the country, you keep meeting the horrible ones.
There is this igbo proverb, that when transliterated, says, "One does not avoid going into warfare because of the fear of death"
Would you say that due to seeming dislike for each other (according to you) a people shouldn't come together to forge their own destiny? Has a Nigerian state shown the rest of the minority tribes this brotherly love you are trying to describe?
At least I know that nobody in igbo land would slaughter his kinsmen over religious difference. As for the "jazz matter" you described, every tribe practice it. Too bad yours came from someone of same tribe as you. cheesy
To me, Biafra isn't the eldorado most misguided folks think it would be. But nobody has the right to deny the people a referendum and self actualization.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by sarrki(m): 5:36am On Sep 29, 2016
proeast:
You this guy again So despite my advise to you yesterday to steer clear of Igbo affairs, you decided to continue in this foolhardiness! I am now convinced that you and your folks are mortally afraid of the existential threat & likely actualization of Biafra going by its popular demand & renaiscence struggle by Igbos & their neighbours but know this, we are not in any way bothered by the opinion & sabotage of parasites against their source of livelihood since we are equal to the task. Okechukwu you mentioned is of no consequence in the scheme of Biafra or what do you expect from him since he is working for Nigeria? I'm sorry but Biafra actualization is at the point of no return & know that the world is taking note, very soon, a UN sponsored referendum will take place that will signal the end of the contraption!!!

Hmmm

I won't give up on you

I will continue to enlighten you on this wonderful platform of ours nairaland

To join hands with the progressive to move our nation forward

Ipob will soon be declared a terrorist organization

4 Likes

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by whirlwind7(m): 5:45am On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:

No Biafra

Nobody will ever brainwash our youths anymore

Nah.
Nobody is brainwashing the youths. More than anything else, it was Bubu's utterances after he won the election that galvanized the teeming youths into action.

In the history of this country, no president has ever said he would exclude those who didn't vote for him from benefitting from his government.
Bubu didn't say this in the privacy of his room while sipping his kunu, neither did he say it while in an angry outburst. Rather, he did this during an international media event.
Can you beat that? He spoke his mind to the whole world.
Its not just his words. His actions has betrayed that he has very little love for those people. Remember that there are people in the SE and SS who voted for APC too. He has effectively told his supporters in those regions to take a dive into the Atlantic.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by emynike2001(m): 5:45am On Sep 29, 2016
whirlwind7:

This, brother, is simply your bad luck.
Yes, your bad luck that among the millions of good and honest people all over the country, you keep meeting the horrible ones.
There is this igbo proverb, that when transliterated, says, "One does not avoid going into warfare because of the fear of death"
Would you say that due to seeming dislike for each other (according to you) a people shouldn't come together to forge their own destiny? Has a Nigerian state shown the rest of the minority tribes this brotherly love you are trying to describe?
At least I know that nobody in igbo land would slaughter his kinsmen over religious difference. As for the "jazz matter" you described, every tribe practice it. Too bad yours came from someone of same tribe as you. cheesy
To me, Biafra isn't the eldorado most misguided folks think it would be. But nobody has the right to deny the people a referendum and self actualization.
I CAN SEE THAT U HATE THE TRUTH, people like u can't embrace reality, u attack d truth becos u have allow ur self ambition of Biafra to BLOCK ur eyes from seeing d truth. Maybe u are aiming to loot or buy Niger delta if referendum is granted. CONTINUE DECEIVING URSELF MR BADLUCK
Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by proeast(m): 5:50am On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:

Hmmm

I won't give up on you

I will continue to enlighten you on this wonderful platform of ours nairaland

To join hands with the progressive to move our nation forward

Ipob will soon be declared a terrorist organization

Chai, it sucks to be a parasite! I ask you again, does your entire existence and that of your people depend on Igbos staying with you in a failed country?? Smell the coffee, the Igbos and their neighbours want out of the contraption and their is nothing parasitic elements can do about it apart from crying, whining and frothing in the mouth. Its so pathetic, ridiculous and shameful watching you and your folks desperately clutching at straws in your bid to stop Biafrans from living but its already too late, the train has since left the station!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by whirlwind7(m): 5:50am On Sep 29, 2016
proeast:

Words on marble.

You see, the problem with SW is that they have no mind of their own. They are too lilly livered to make a stand. Yet, when another group tries to strike out, they try to discourage this.

They fear that once SE seccedes, then SW would be left at the mercy of the North.
That thought scares them silly grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by emynike2001(m): 5:52am On Sep 29, 2016
Saint52:
continue deceiving urself.

1 Like

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by sarrki(m): 5:52am On Sep 29, 2016
whirlwind7:

Words on marble.

You see, the problem with SW is that they have no mind of their own. They are too lilly livered to make a stand. Yet, when another group tries to strike out, they try to discourage this.

They fear that once SE seccedes, then SW would be left at the mercy of the North.
That thought scares them silly grin grin

My brother just trying to help out
Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by sarrki(m): 5:54am On Sep 29, 2016
proeast:
Chai, it sucks to be a parasite! I ask you again, does your entire existence and that of your people depend on Igbos staying with you in a failed country?? Smell the coffee, the Igbos and their neighbours want out of the contraption and their is nothing parasitic elements can do about it apart from crying, whining and frothing in the mouth. Its so pathetic, ridiculous and shameful watching you and your folks desperately clutching at straws in your bid to stop Biafrans from living but its already too late, the train has since left the station!

He who stumble on the same stone twice

Deserves to break his neck

I just want to help

Dats all

1 Like

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by whirlwind7(m): 5:59am On Sep 29, 2016
emynike2001:
I CAN SEE THAT U HATE THE TRUTH, people like u can't embrace reality, u attack d truth becos u have allow ur self ambition of Biafra to BLOCK ur eyes from seeing d truth. Maybe u are aiming to loot or buy Niger delta if referendum is granted. CONTINUE DECEIVING URSELF MR BADLUCK

Well, the bad luck I see here is the one who keeps getting jazzed and his contracts thwarted. The one who nearly got killed by his mad kinsman brandishing a cutlass grin grin grin

I get love everywhere I go all across the SE. The truth you referred to here, is just your words and what you claim to have experienced. I never said you were lying, neither do I have to take your words for it, as I wasn't a witness to whatever misfortune you went through.

Fine, I didn't face your reality the way you painted it. I don't have to! I have my own version of reality, and I don't have to force it upon you either.

Your way of assessment leaves very little to the imagination on how your mind functions.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by sarrki(m): 6:04am On Sep 29, 2016
whirlwind7:

Well, the bad luck I see here is the one who keeps getting jazzed and his contracts thwarted. grin grin grin

I get love everywhere I go all across the SE. The truth you referred to here, is just your words, and what you claim to have experienced. I never said you were lying, neither do I have to take your words for it, as I wasn't a witness to it all. Fine, I didn't face your reality the way you painted it. I don't have to! I have my own version of reality, and I don't have to force it upon you either.

Your way of assessment leaves very little to the imagination on how your mind functions.

I agree with him

He's a true Nigerian
Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by emynike2001(m): 6:05am On Sep 29, 2016
whirlwind7:

Well, the bad luck I see here is the one who keeps getting jazzed and his contracts thwarted. grin grin grin

I get love everywhere I go all across the SE. The truth you referred to here, is just your words, and what you claim to have experienced. I never said you were lying, neither do I have to take your words for it, as I wasn't a witness to it all. Fine, I didn't face your reality the way you painted it. I don't have to! I have my own version of reality, and I don't have to force it upon you either.

U ARE A BIG LIAR, u never jam anything, GET SOME BRAINS AND GROW UP. NO TO BIAFRA hoo haaa
Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by whirlwind7(m): 6:07am On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:

I agree with him

He's a true Nigerian

I don't know who you are, but you have made me laugh so much this morning. grin

I dey gbadun you gaan!

And, please help me tell your friend, the true Nigerian, that his case is not unique. Lots of people get chased by a cutlass wielding mad man, gets jazzed by their kinsmen, and gets their contract worth thousands of naira blocked.
Tell him this is not enough reason to deny his roots. What we all want is a progressive nation, with or without Biafra. His anger is blinding him to the goodies out there.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra No Longer Feasible — Okechukwu by sarrki(m): 6:08am On Sep 29, 2016
emynike2001:
U ARE A BIG LIAR, u never jam anything, GET SOME BRAINS AND GROW UP. NO TO BIAFRA hoo haaa

My bro calm down

Everybody know that no Biafra

Don't worry about them

They will be over it soon once Kanu is taking to Guantanamo bay

As an international terrorist

The followers will fall in line

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Economy: New Borrowing Underway As Production, Reserves Dwindle - The Guardian / Yorubass Angry With Kwara Governor / e

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.