Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest (19146 Views)

BREAKING: UI Shut Over Students’ Protest / Secondary School Closed Over Students Marriages Among Themselves In Bauchi State / 10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 30, 2016
khalhokage:
What kind of administration does unilag now have? They're acting like dictators.

buhari children na e de unilag.
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Fbanj(m): 7:21am On Sep 30, 2016
Motun03:
unilag shut funaab shut lautech shut Nigeria watsup?
No matter d shutting...Unilorin dy open 24/7
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by olusun43(m): 7:25am On Sep 30, 2016
I stand with the students..... ##unilagbringbacktheirstudentsunionleaders###
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Adefroshz: 7:27am On Sep 30, 2016
I love this......
Der 2 struggle......der 2 win
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Rigel95(m): 7:33am On Sep 30, 2016
one thing you will never see in FUTA-School being shut due to students unrest.
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by blazer234: 7:37am On Sep 30, 2016
kdfemi:
na the gate the shut o no be school activities

How can they shut gate and school activities will still continue? Are all students staying on campus? So, students and lecturers will park at the gate and treck into campus,abi?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by duni04(m): 7:41am On Sep 30, 2016
I was really disturbed when I read the interview of the innocent UNILAG student that was rusticated because of a Facebook post that the Vice chancellor deemed offensive. A Facebook post! I'm 100% in support of the protesting students. The Ministry of Education and the governing council of the school should very quickly get rid of that Vice chancellor that doesn't like dissenting voices before he embarrasses the school further.
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by adewalle1(m): 7:47am On Sep 30, 2016
the protest should continue If those student ain't recall, #team #saynotononsense the protest should continue If those student ain't recall, #team #saynotononsense the protest should continue If those student ain't recall, #team #saynotononsense
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by udorwhite(m): 7:52am On Sep 30, 2016
Rushtec:
I knw, trust my skul
ar u not suppose 2 join dem
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by DVMtuppence(m): 7:52am On Sep 30, 2016
Motun03:
unilag shut funaab shut lautech shut
Nigeria watsup?
funaab has been reopened
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Teechawa: 7:59am On Sep 30, 2016
UNILAG! UNILAG!! UNILAG!!! Do the right thing without bias. UNILAG!
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by OlujobaSamuel: 8:03am On Sep 30, 2016
DVMtuppence:
funaab has been reopened
dey never open oooo, na only statement be dat one, d resumption na mon 3rd, lecture to begin d next mon, their nasu too don start strike last week or so, meaning the student still dey on a long tin, an the report also said they are to pay 5k before resumption for damages, i doubt if that no go cause another round when they resume
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 30, 2016
https://mobile.facebook.com/pingexpress/photos/a.1700020586878239.1073741829.1674001396146825/1821948154685481/?type=3&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1821948154685481%3Atl_objid.1821948154685481%3Athid.1674001396146825%3A306061129499414%3A69%3A0%3A1475305199%3A9207669813774931906

Epp me visit this link and like this my Pic
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by DVMtuppence(m): 8:08am On Sep 30, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
dey never open oooo, na only statement be dat one, d resumption na mon 3rd, lecture to begin d next mon, their nasu too don start strike last week or so, meaning the student still dey on a long tin, an the report also said they are to pay 5k before resumption for damages, i doubt if that no go cause another round when they resume
are u a student of d school?
If no how did u know dat lecture won't start on Tuesday after Monday public holiday
Nd d students are already paying d 5k, so I don't think any problem will arise from dat
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by OlujobaSamuel: 8:13am On Sep 30, 2016
DVMtuppence:
are u a student of d school?
If no how did u know dat lecture won't start on Tuesday after Monday public holiday
Nd d students are already paying d 5k, so I don't think any problem will arise from dat
i no be student ooo, just a regular nigerian that works for pay and listen to news every second like bread and butter.
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by DVMtuppence(m): 8:15am On Sep 30, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
i no be student ooo, just a regular nigerian that works for pay and listen to news every second like bread and butter.
God bless ur hustle
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by babyfaceafrica: 8:18am On Sep 30, 2016
blazer234:

How can they shut gate and school activities will still continue? Are all students staying on campus? So, students and lecturers will park at the gate and treck into campus,abi?
Oga say what you know..are you in school?..there are two gates to the school,it was the main gate that was locked,you can still pass the one that leads to iwaya...lecturers are on!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by OlujobaSamuel: 8:20am On Sep 30, 2016
DVMtuppence:
God bless ur hustle
Amen, and you too, or should i say success in ur acada
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by DVMtuppence(m): 8:31am On Sep 30, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
Amen, and you too, or should i say success in ur acada
both smiley
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Eleniyan15: 8:52am On Sep 30, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Oga say what you know..are you in school?..there are two gates to the school,it was the main gate that was locked,you can still pass the one that leads to iwaya...lecturers are on!!!!!

if lecturers are on then unilag student ain't serious those people(Nan's) abi wetin dem dey call der sef are wasting there tym...take it or leave it
Unilag student no get mind rara!!!!!!
they are all running for there head...if dey keep doing that it will hunt them later on #UnitedWeStand #dividedWillFall

I rest my case....useless protest which won't even lead to dialogue

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Emanex18: 8:53am On Sep 30, 2016
Let unilag be there shutting down as for Unizik na forward we dey march
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Gee645(m): 9:06am On Sep 30, 2016
youth revolution coming soon
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Sogbae: 9:35am On Sep 30, 2016
Na WA o
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Maghan37: 9:37am On Sep 30, 2016
ILoveToFuCcK:
They should also protest the price of condoms 50N is too much... angry angry

We will not take it! angry angry angry
Aluta fucktinua!!!!!

I hope is Royal fuckness loves his royal STD's.
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by KomonSense: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2016
KauntantJoyce:
I hope their voice b heard!
These dayz School authority in various Universities maltreat students making SUG's look irrelevant

Hope they succeed
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by amarachi06(f): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2016
Olasco93:
I will miss my UNILAG guys so much. I will finally be moving to the State next month, thanks guys for the good friendship and for being there for me, your friendship has shapen me positively.
I got a job offer with an NGO in US. I'll be taking off for chicago on the 4th of November. Keep up with studies and to my friends on this great Forum keep doing the good work.
Sorry for the short notice, I just got the confirmation early this morning. We'll keep in touch with my already existing Facebook, WhatsApp, Skype and Allo.
The good Lord that did this for me will do yours also, just trust and believe on Him.
This is what I dreamt about this morning.

Eyahhhhhhh! This recession is wicked ooooooooo. People are daydreaming this days.
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by GLOBALINF: 10:02am On Sep 30, 2016
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by engrjacuzzi: 10:12am On Sep 30, 2016
Unilag is a highly overrated school.... when schools like Unilorin, Uniuyo, OAU and few tertiary school are trying to meet up to third generation standard. three strikes within calendar year.
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by sentio2019: 10:22am On Sep 30, 2016
Say no to impunity on the part of the school management
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by KomonSense: 10:34am On Sep 30, 2016
KauntantJoyce:
I hope their voice b heard!
I don't knw why school authorities treat SUG's so badly these days
I narrowly escaped rustication during my time as an SUG member those days...
Students must rise up and defend their own
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 30, 2016
False report...

School activities is still going on and UNILAG students never protested but NANS did comprising of undergraduates from LASU, FCET & TACOED...
Well, they are all got tired protesting outside the school gate and left.. Lecture is still on!

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest by Tobycharles: 11:38am On Sep 30, 2016
Olasco93:
I will miss my UNILAG guys so much. I will finally be moving to the State next month, thanks guys for the good friendship and for being there for me, your friendship has shapen me positively.
I got a job offer with an NGO in US. I'll be taking off for chicago on the 4th of November. Keep up with studies and to my friends on this great Forum keep doing the good work.
Sorry for the short notice, I just got the confirmation early this morning. We'll keep in touch with my already existing Facebook, WhatsApp, Skype and Allo. U must b sued for plagiarism
The good Lord that did this for me will do yours also, just trust and believe on Him.
This is what I dreamt about this morning.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Your Most Valuable Asset In Life?(learn It And Feel Secure) / NAIRALAND INTERSCHOOL DEBATE Team 4: Geniuses are born not made? / Geography Vs Urban & Regional Planning: Which Should He Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.