Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? (25415 Views)

What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? / 10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. / How God Healed, Saved And Delivered Me From HIV (My Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by analice107: 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingAdegoke:
I don't like you.
Thanks for the compliment.

1 Like

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by oluwafemim(m): 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
Berlynn:
Does anyone here know for an absolute certainty that the Bible actually states human souls in Hell have no chance for forgiveness?

Believe it or not, I did read the Bible, and I don't recall it actually explicitly stating "Once you are in Hell, you no longer have any chance for forgiveness, for Redemption."

That doesn't seem too Christian lets assume for a moment there's a Hell and some people are down there praying to Jesus, begging for forgiveness, begging to be forgiven for not believing in the twisted corrupt Churches while they were on earth, and will Jesus just ignores them?

The Jesus I imagine wouldn't ignore them, not even if they were in Hell, the Jesus I know wouldn't be that petty. He doesn't care if they screwed up & they're in Hell....He would forgive them and go get them to heaven

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
analice107:

I like you smiley
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by callJesu: 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
My people perish because they lack knowledge, if you check the Bible and study with understanding you will get the truth about God. Have you ever wonder why Jesus Christ lay emphasis on hell than heaven. Many have been brainwashed with just the love side of God,forgetting that it's a dangerous thing to fall into the hands of the living God

Brother there are two sides of a coin... God's loving and he's terrifying....He tolerates no nonsense, there is no repentance after death the Bible says..... Ponder on these things
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by analice107: 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
archyonrails:

See...God will bless you....let them know!!!
Shalom sir.
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by analice107: 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I like you smiley

I love you.
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by LoveJesus87(m): 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
Berlynn:
Does anyone here know for an absolute certainty that the Bible actually states human souls in Hell have no chance for forgiveness?

Believe it or not, I did read the Bible, and I don't recall it actually explicitly stating "Once you are in Hell, you no longer have any chance for forgiveness, for Redemption."

That doesn't seem too Christian lets assume for a moment there's a Hell and some people are down there praying to Jesus, begging for forgiveness, begging to be forgiven for not believing in the twisted corrupt Churches while they were on earth, and will Jesus just ignores them?

The Jesus I imagine wouldn't ignore them, not even if they were in Hell, the Jesus I know wouldn't be that petty. He doesn't care if they screwed up & they're in Hell....He would forgive them and go get them to heaven

I don't think you have ever read your bible before or was your own bible written in Portuguese?
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by vicss: 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
Berlynn:

hell is real!!! plus no mercy except you do the needful
you might find this helpful
eternityrace dot com
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
analice107:
kk
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by ATinaC(f): 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
There is no forgiveness once someone goes to hell. So now is d time to repent
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2016
analice107:

I love you.

And I love you too .
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by PHINAS2016(m): 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
God is merciful that is y he is given u time to repent knwg fully well u do nt have a second chance after death
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by PHINAS2016(m): 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
satan is like a prisoner on a short bail.hell is his
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
NobleG1:

Read this: http://listverse.com/2013/03/23/10-reasons-for-man-to-leave-religion-behind/

So its the same thing then, you just happen to believe what someone or some group of people wrote on listverse.

Well, from the same internet I can also give you reason why you should beleive in God.

http://www.bethinking.org/does-god-exist

http://www.70x7.com/10reasonsgod.htm

But as usual, you would select the one that appeals to your own desires.
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by TrajansKong: 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
callJesu:
Many have been brainwashed with just the love side of God,forgetting that it's a dangerous thing to fall into the hands of the living God

Brother there are two sides of a coin... God's loving and he's terrifying....He tolerates no nonsense, there is no repentance after death the Bible says..... Ponder on these things

Why does your god sound like a typical Nigerian
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by gbmorgan(m): 6:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
Surely judgement stands for every sinner because there is a reward for your evil doings and handy work. No sinner will go unpublished unless He or She repents. If a sinner dies with sin, such individual is going to hell fire. But God is a Loving and Kind Father to us all if we keep to His will and commandments but the issue of putting someone (Soul) He truly loves in a lake of fire is a scenario I do not believe really exists. To my own understanding, a sinner will never die in peace and a sinner will one way or the other reap what he plants. After the death of a sinner, the existence of his soul will stop : Meaning he went to hell - eternal suffering while the souls of the righteous people will forever exists in Paradise.

Thanks
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Peacefullove: 7:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
Gkemz:

It is appointed unto man to die once and thereafter faces judgement. The door of mercy is only available here on earth as there's no hope for the dead who died in sin. The mercy of God expires when one is called to give account of hi steward. There's nothing like purgatory or any place where souls are redeemed. The door of mercy is permanently shut after one's death.

Oga , but Lazarus of Bethany wasn't judged when he died nah according to your bible ? Is that verse you quoting above a lie ?

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by dolphinheart(m): 7:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
Justmary06:

The truth according to the bible, no one is presently in hell. Judgement has not taken place. What we have now is souls trapped inbetween. The ones who wer godly and dead now are just asleep. In revelations, Jesus reveled to John that the dead would be judge first with only those souls asleep ascending to heaven. Other souls are facing hell. Such soul cannot gain forgiveness. Then after, those living will be judged but the ones who do not make it will be given second chance. And that's tribulation before the souls would be separated again. You could read it, its pretty interesting.
where did you get that
1. There souls will be trapped inbetween,
2. In between what and what will their soul be trapped
3. what is the name of the place where their soul will be trapped.
4. If souls are not in hell until judgement, then the story of the rich man is not literal, cus he was in hell when he was talking about his brothers who are still alI've.

your theory is leaking badly

For instance, I stumbled on this is morning...Revelation 20:1-3 "Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain. And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while."
5. what do you understand by what that verse said.
6. what happens to the dragon after that little while.
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Peacefullove: 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
callJesu:
My people perish because they lack knowledge, if you check the Bible and study with understanding you will get the truth about God. Have you ever wonder why Jesus Christ lay emphasis on hell than heaven. Many have been brainwashed with just the love side of God,forgetting that it's a dangerous thing to fall into the hands of the living God

Jesus in his sermons says its the body that go to that so called hell , "Body in hell " Matthew 10 vs 28 , how many bodies in the mortuary have disappeared to hell ? FYI , he doesn't teach that shit of ghost in hell, Nollywood fictions portrayed in church teachings

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by dolphinheart(m): 7:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
brandon180:
smh vigorously for all these atheists, that don't believe in God talk less of heaven n hell...d way una go burn Ehn...I Go siddon for heaven dey laff....
FYI all dese Jehovah witnesses shouting there is no hell....ur founder is there in hell suffering....if una like no change.......

ANYONE THAT SAYS THERE IS NO GOD AND DOES NOT BELEIVE IN ETERNITY IS A FOOL..
#peace
jehovahs witnesses has never said there is no hell!
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Peacefullove: 7:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
analice107:

Hey, forget these things, they are higher than you.

ki lo n so ? ( what is she saying ) answer simple thing , you can't answer. WE KNOW YOUR TYPE grin
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by analice107: 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
Peacefullove:

ki lo n so ? ( what is she saying ) answer simple thing , you can't answer. WE KNOW YOUR TYPE grin
Hahahahahaha. You be pikin. waka komot.
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by analice107: 7:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

And I love you too .
The Spirit of the Lord is moving just like a magnate. *singing*
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by jaafree: 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2016
Berlynn:

. Well islamically Yes the soul of a believer who enters hell due to sins will never duel in hell fire the more sin he has the more time he spend in hell fire and after that he will be redeem back to heaven.
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Peacefullove: 8:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
analice107:
[s]
Hahahahahaha. You be pikin. waka komot.

[/s]
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by SeanBeezy(m): 8:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
Madam the wages of sin is death( eternity in hell) repent now and be saved to avoid regrets later. I can't even believe you're asking this question
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by jodreamer(m): 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
Then salvation and holy living is in vain.
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2016
analice107:

The Spirit of the Lord is moving just like a magnate.
*singing*

grin grin

wink
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by analice107: 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
I want to warn people who do not believe that hell is real, hell is real!
Some apostates believe hell does not exist now. the story of Lazarus and the rich man proves that hell exist right now. It was obvious that Lazarus and the rich man were the contemporaries of moses and the prophet.
Jesus died and went to hell!
Before the coming of Christ every person who die went to hell ( Sheol or hades) while the righteous had peace the wicked were in torment as there is no peace for the wicked.
Jesus died and went to hell to manifest himself to the righteous who lived their life in faith in God!
These were the first set of people to be resurrected to heaven with Christ. These were the saints whose bodies were resurrected and manifested to many people.
After the resurrection of Christ anyone who died in Christ will not go to hell ( Sheol or hades) but will be with Christ in heaven because Jesus said where I am there shall you be also.

Gehenna is hell fire! It is the abode of sinners in hell, there is also tartarus which is also a part of hell were angels who rebelled are imprison another part of hell is the bottomless pit where the Antichrist is right now and where the devil will be imprison for one thousand years!

Only sinners and rebellious angels who defiled the world of Noah are held in hell!

As for the devil and his angels, they have been given a short time in which to operate, they move around like roaring lions seeking whom to destroy! Due to the power given to them the can operate in hell freely but they cannot go to heaven because they have no place there!

The final Judgement is coming where God will expose every secret from the foundation of the world! Whoever name is not written in the book of life would be cast into the lake of fire!
Hell itself! Meaning everything about hell including its occupants will cast into the lake of fire.
Death will also go in! Death is like a living entity whose life is sin itself!
Death came into creation the day sin started!

Hell is real please be warned it is no joke!
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by just4now(m): 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2016
LETTER TO THE BRETHREN

The question the brother raised is an intelligent and mind boggling one. It shows he's very conversant with his Bible. He is very right but the perverts will always object sound knowledge.

Hell is a place of abode and suffering for souls who reject and live in disobedience to God directives and instructions.

All believers who refuse to learn obedience while on earth will have to go to hell to learn it because God doesn't want rebellion in Heaven again.

My heart aches for fellow believers who ignore truth of the Bible rather they prefers lies told by satanic pastors.

On judgment day hell will vomit all the occupants to face the Judge of the universe whose judgment will hinge on love of brethren ("what you have done to anyone who believes in me you have done to me" ) while disobedience is hell judged

This is the only proof to prove If you are a true Christian because if you are a genuine believer you would have known the basis of Christianity which is "LOVE ONE ANOTHER".

If you fail this test here on earth and die you are doom eternally straight to the lake of fire on the day of judgment because to fail this means you are an hypocrite not a Christian. This is second death.

Therefore hell is not eternal it's just a holding place for infidels and believers who disobey divine instructions given to them throughout their lives.

They never learn obedience through things they suffered this speaks volumes of why God forgives sins but not it's consequences. Through the consequences you suffer you are to learn not to disobey again but failure to learn is catastrophic.

But if they choose not to learn from the consequences of their sins, they must inevitably learn it in hell by suffering terribly in the hands of taskmasters the demons.

I employ, if you want to escape hell altogether when you hear His voice harden not your heart rather obey Him thus you may enter His rest otherwise there is no rest for you after death.

If you are a good Bible scholar you will observe l intentionally avoid quoting any Scripture verses yet spoke to you through them, go and do research you will find how l connected the verses to talk to you.

Hell is a terrible place to go, l plead, please avoid it like a plague. It's a domain of Satan, no love there, it's a place of cruelty and torment.

Learn to obey and follow directions of the Holy Spirit never do anything without hearing from God once he's spoken please obey Him that's how to be led by Holy Spirit. Christian are supposed to be spiritual don't tell me you can't hear His voice meaning you don't have Him or you are lazy.

Start cleaning and clearing the clog in your life by prayer and fasting start slow one day a week then increase it to twice a week. You will find you've missed a lot.

I wish above all that you prosper in your soul.

Shalom.
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by NobleG1(m): 3:47am On Oct 03, 2016
Jeromejnr:

So its the same thing then, you just happen to believe what someone or some group of people wrote on listverse.

Well, from the same internet I can also give you reason why you should beleive in God.

http://www.bethinking.org/does-god-exist

http://www.70x7.com/10reasonsgod.htm

But as usual, you would select the one that appeals to your own desires.

If you check the first you gave, scroll down, you will get this link: http://www.bethinking.org/does-god-exist/stephen-fry-and-god

The second link doesn't prove anything at all.

In fact, the below link has 50 simple proofs your god doesn't exist by using quotes from your own bible. Tell me where you disagree;
http://godisimaginary.com/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mistake a Born Again should never make / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.