Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 (53172 Views)

Naira Makes U-turn, Drops To N385 / Naira Drops To 390 Per Dollar – Punch / Naira Drops To 313.5 As Dollar Shortage Persists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by Caveatemptor(m): 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2016
This is a disgraceful calamity. And the Finance minister flip flopped that the country is getting out of the recession. We are not in a recession but in a serious depression.
The only positive I see is that Mr Buhari has created jobs for the jobless people via Naira/Dollar speculation. Congratulations to a vision less administration.
Next week I am gonna take 150 Thousand out of my salary to buy dollars and keep in my wardrobe until the dollar hits 1000 Naira to a dollar the sell it off at an astronomical profit. This is APC government idea of job creation,and if you are smart,you need to tap into it.
May God save us from this disaster of a government we voted into power because by 2019 the dollar will exchange for 2000 Naira to a Dollar if this free fall continues.
In the meantime I am sure Buhari will find a way to blame Goodluck Jonathan for his economic incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by Pavarottii(m): 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
Bolustic:
Unfortunately, the naira will continue to slide against the dollar for the next two-three years coz our supply is far less than our demand. There is no policy that the CBN will bring up that will suffice.

That is why we need to go through excruciating pains now to plant our rice, resuscitate our textile industry, build our own refineries and make our higher institutions world class, fix our erratic electricity, reduce pilgrimage and depend less on imports.

The truth is WHAT WE DON'T HAVE IS WHAT WE DON'T NEED, it's time to look inwards.
Who are u giving dis ideas to? Don't u know where Aso rock is?

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by rusher14: 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
I sold for 475 yesterday yet sold for 465 today.

Someone isn't being truthful.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by Tunababa8v(m): 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
Damboroba shege! Buhari barau banza walahi... Kei kei kei kei
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by Vince77(m): 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
frenchwine:
N500, here we come baby!
Zimbabwe loading.
Meanwhile the dullard is still blaming GEJ for his failures which isn't surprising. Anyone who fails exams would always blame his teachers for being vindictive or his parents for not providing chop money

Zimbabwe don already load finish. Nothing remain again.

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by mindtricks: 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
tspun:
This is bull.shitt

A weak currency is the sign of a weak economy, and a weak economy leads to a weak nation.

I day fear for my country

Yet, many think asking our govt to be serious and proactive enough, and deliver to us results, not empty promises is asking for too much.
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by ideology(m): 10:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
SlaughterGang:

#10 more to 500

Cmon Buhari...you can do it

guy Na so you wicked
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
Ghana cedis have more worth than the useless naira,Kai I never thought I would see the day.
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
Miles300:
This man keeps blaming past administration for so many things , yet we never experienced hyper inflation like this before even in previous administrations.. Definetly the fault is from him , for nigeria to shut down in a year proves we av a visionless leader in power .. It's high time the Amend th constitution from a Waec certificate to bsc holder to via for the position of the presidency ...Buhari should step down before it's late , make nigeria no begin survive on foreign aids

If possible MSc, the position for president shouldn't be left for f9 holders in maths with a forged certificate.
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by mengho(m): 11:56pm On Sep 30, 2016
what unpatriotic citizens, and you sell dollars to the foreigners while your own country is lacking that same commodity.
WHAT DA HELL IS WRONG WITH SOME NIGERIANS & HE IS EVEN ADMITTING IT.
We are so screwed in dis country, I will never sell my dollar reserve to an outsider or insider all of you na wash
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by hollic11(m): 4:45am On Oct 01, 2016
Bolustic:
Unfortunately, the naira will continue to slide against the dollar for the next two-three years coz our supply is far less than our demand. There is no policy that the CBN will bring up that will suffice.

That is why we need to go through excruciating pains now to plant our rice, resuscitate our textile industry, build our own refineries and make our higher institutions world class, fix our erratic electricity, reduce pilgrimage and depend less on imports.

The truth is WHAT WE DON'T HAVE IS WHAT WE DON'T NEED, it's time to look inwards.

God bless your intelligence!

2 Likes

Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by October1960: 4:46am On Oct 01, 2016
basisop:
No policy in view to check the freefall. The President and his economic team are confused. We are in deep sh!t. We are heading to N1,000/$1 before December .

If you read my earlier posts I mentioned #1,000 to the dollar as the base.

Years, no decades of stealing and mismanagement is coming home to roost.
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by costlypato: 7:26am On Oct 01, 2016
What are u doing as an individual to show u are looking inward?
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by alabiyemmy(m): 8:06am On Oct 01, 2016
But I changed a dollar at 455 in Abuja yesterday? Abi they duped me ni?
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by crown08(m): 8:45am On Oct 01, 2016
SUPERPACK:
who cares, sai buhari forever
u Are Stupid
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by SUPERPACK: 8:47am On Oct 01, 2016
crown08:
u Are Stupid
thanks man.
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by crown08(m): 8:49am On Oct 01, 2016
Caveatemptor:
This is a disgraceful calamity. And the Finance minister flip flopped that the country is getting out of the recession. We are not in a recession but in a serious depression.
The only positive I see is that Mr Buhari has created jobs for the jobless people via Naira/Dollar speculation. Congratulations to a vision less administration.
Next week I am gonna take 150 Thousand out of my salary to buy dollars and keep in my wardrobe until the dollar hits 1000 Naira to a dollar the sell it off at an astronomical profit. This is APC government idea of job creation,and if you are smart,you need to tap into it.
May God save us from this disaster of a government we voted into power because by 2019 the dollar will exchange for 2000 Naira to a Dollar if this free fall continues.
In the meantime I am sure Buhari will find a way to blame Goodluck Jonathan for his economic incompetence.
walahi U Av Given Me an Idea
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by zamirikpo(m): 9:00am On Oct 01, 2016
#10 more to 500

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i so love my country...even in the midst of this calamity......we still laugh. thats why we will survive.......we will make it guyz.......

thank God i said this before it happened, my post on nairaland about buhari is my witness.
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by EmmyDe25(m): 9:07am On Oct 01, 2016
SlaughterGang:

#10 more to 500

Lmaoooooo. Savage!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by abdulsamad(m): 9:37am On Oct 01, 2016
basisop:
No policy in view to check the freefall. The President and his economic team are confused. We are in deep sh!t. We are heading to N1,000/$1 before December .

we are not praying for so
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by afanide: 9:48am On Oct 01, 2016
Hahahahahaha Nice one...

You guys should invest in EXPORTATION BUSINESS and stop complaining.....

Check out my signature below on how to Export Nigeria Commodities OR click on my name....
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by Chelseafan1: 9:53am On Oct 01, 2016
Bolustic:

In other words, I should still keep the $200 my uncle gave to me yesterday, I might be changing it for 200k come December, abi no be so??
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by Chelseafan1: 9:56am On Oct 01, 2016
Caveatemptor:

I was thinking of going to change ds few $$$ I got today, looks like I am still gonna keep it ooo, what do u suggest my brother....lol

Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by ABEngine(m): 10:34am On Oct 01, 2016
Bolustic:

Bulls eye!
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by taiwo198: 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
Dre is no problem by dis time on Tuesday it will be 520 against 1 Dollar. because I don't knw what our problem here in dis country why we rate Dollar pass our own money which is very bad so bad. All the looted funds where is d money and now we want to sell all our assets that belongs to dis faithful country. Hahahahaah God pls come to our rescue don't look @ us like dis now we're dis country is not smiling @ all.
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by Caveatemptor(m): 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
Chelseafan1:

I was thinking of going to change ds few $$$ I got today, looks like I am still gonna keep it ooo, what do u suggest my brother....lol

Hold on for as long as possible. The Naira is in total free fall. By December it could go for 550-600.
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by Chelseafan1: 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
Caveatemptor:

Hold on for as long as possible. The Naira is in total free fall. By December it could go for 550-600.

Jesus Christ... ..
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by Caveatemptor(m): 1:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
crown08:
walahi U Av Given Me an Idea

Walahi,Buhari is a disaster and this is his idea of how to create jobs.
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by Caveatemptor(m): 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Jesus Christ... ..

Like I said we are in a depression, the APC is only sugar coating it and calling it a recession.
If you are smart and have funds,don't keep it in a bank because the Naira is a crashing currency. Buy dollars and keep. It makes more sense.
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by Adeola894(m): 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2016
rusher14:
I sold for 475 yesterday yet sold for 465 today.

Someone isn't being truthful.
give me urwhatsapp number, let deal
Re: Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 by Donpizzle(m): 2:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
handysuzy:
shocked...God where are we going?

To 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Profitable Businesses For Small Capital Owners. / How To Write A Business Proposal? / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.