Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,892 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues (7014 Views)

Lexus RX 330 Vs Lexus RX 350: What Are Different Points? / 2018 Lexus RX L Released With Third Row Seat (photos) / Lexus RX 350 2008 Model For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
Sultan, I have joined Coscharis in booking cars for appointment, the Op can't wait for next year. There is no recession for auto engineers because the motorists do not have a choice to let their cars remain at home. Uber usage is expensive and keke and danfo are not a better alternative
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by mayor2013: 11:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
You stay a Ago palace? Visit multi autolab @ igando lagos. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837 and yor car probelm would be conveniently solved
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by coccoduck: 7:06am On Oct 03, 2016
kinremi:
Thank you everyone that has contributed. please see below other things that happened.

1. The car was purchased as tokunbo since Feb 2015 and has been performing very fine till now that the check engine light came up and flashing.
2. I remember there was a time my mechanic said i need to change the the silencer pot but he advised that instead of changing it completely he talked something about "mofla" (I might not get the right spelling pls pardon me) and that was done, not long the check engine light came up but was not flashing.
3. After few months the engine light started flashing
4. few days weeks ago the car overheated because i forgot to lock the radiator cover and the gasket was changed (before this the check engine has been flashing)
5. Now the engine is not overheating, the coils and the spark plugs are changed, the codes were reset or cleaned.

6. But the check engine light is not off and after few minutes of driving it comes flashing and power reduce with a mild vibration.

before the silencer pot itch the engine light does not come on, the vsc light only comes on if i use a bend sharply but we go off by itsef.

I am suspecting the silencer pot I don't know if I should replace it completely.

Please what is ur suggestion.
He robbed you of your catalytic converter, a very expensive part, (Google it to find out more) that is why the check engine light came on, then the flashing check engine is because there is a random misfire, that is all the cylinders are not contributing to total engine power and they are not firing when they should, remember my last post, I asked you whether your engine overheated, that is another thing you should check. maybe your engine head gasket is blown, you can use Google to know more about this part and its purpose. And be prepared to spend.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by kingreign(m): 9:51am On Oct 03, 2016
sooperrescue:
Sultan, I have joined Coscharis in booking cars for appointment, the Op can't wait for next year. There is no recession for auto engineers because the motorists do not have a choice to let their cars remain at home. Uber usage is expensive and keke and danfo are not a better alternative
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by kingreign(m): 10:31am On Oct 03, 2016
coccoduck:
He robbed you of your catalytic converter, a very expensive part, (Google it to find out more) that is why the check engine light came on, then the flashing check engine is because there is a random misfire, that is all the cylinders are not contributing to total engine power and they are not firing when they should, remember my last post, I asked you whether your engine overheated, that is another thing you should check. maybe your engine head gasket is blown, you can use Google to know more about this part and its purpose. And be prepared to spend.
you wan give OP high blood pressure this independence holiday? shocked
you know there are subtle ways to tell him he's gonna have to get prepared to be heavily bleeded, and he'll gladly be looking forward to the the event.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by Readonee35L(m): 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
sooperrescue:
You said A Toyota can still tolerate our bad fuel , but a Lexus needs premium fuel. I don't understand this because Both brands are the same and they share the same Engine like the 2gr. So why should the Lexus malfunction because of fuel and while the Toyota performs fine .
Or does the emblem affects the fuel engine Ni grin

2 Likes

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by Readonee35L(m): 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
When it comes to Misfire .
Honda is the worst.
My pilot can't tolerate our bad fuel at all.
At least every 2-3months my car will start misfiring and rough idle .
Nozzles will be cleaned
Fuel tank will be drained and cleaned .
And all sorts of things on the fuel system . before the car becomes fine.
And its becoming a pain in the àss
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by boldx(m): 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
Readonee35L:

You said A Toyota can still tolerate our bad fuel , but a Lexus needs premium fuel. I don't understand this because Both brands are the same and they share the same Engine like the 2gr. So why should the Lexus malfunction because of fuel and while the Toyota performs fine .
maybe the Logo is the difference. I don hear say Lexus get wahala with non-premium fuel yet the number of Lexus SUVs are increasing by the day. Check the Lexus 350, 470 on the highways especially in Abuja now. Even Toyota cars dey chill where Lexus cars are now. I go vex buy Lexus brand as my next car joor. Well done, Readonee35L, no mind them.

Next... grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 5:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
We dont have bad fuel in the country, just that our regular unleaded fuel is very suitable for Toyota, honda and to an extent, nissan but the lexus, acura, mitsubishi, and infinity and nissan high end does tolerate regular fuel but to the detriment of better fuel economy, powerful takeoff and smooth driving and destruction of engines. Many agents at the ports will testify that once they clear out a vehicle from the port, immediately they buy fuel, the check engine light comes on and any scan done on those cars reveal cylinder misfire and oxygen sensors fault. It happens on all these cars but recent observations have noticed that some toyotas are now using premium, especially the 2014 corolla Us specs and there is a likelyhood that your pilot is also programed for premium too. That is why i am always advocating for octane boosters as a remedy because it is the Americans that produce octane boosters and they have premium fuel and I discovered that there are some towns where they have regular fuel and also amg cars uses a higher than 91 octane hence the need to boost the fuel. That lexus is reacting to the fuel in Nigeria and the result of all the trial and error jobs on his car is as a result of poor research on the type of car and the type of fuel and for the type of country that car will be used in. Voila
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by Readonee35L(m): 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
boldx:

maybe the Logo is the difference. I don hear say Lexus get wahala with non-premium fuel yet the number of Lexus SUVs are increasing by the day. Check the Lexus 350, 470 on the highways especially in Abuja now. Even Toyota cars dey chill where Lexus cars are now. I go vex buy Lexus brand as my next car joor. Well done, Readonee35L, no mind them.

Next... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hahahaha.
I see you bro.
The rate at which people purchase the Rx , Lx and Gx is alarming .
Lexus everywhere .
Lexus perform very well in our country and I don't think premium fuel has anything to do with a small V6 like the 2gr-fe .

Unless you buy bad fuel with dirt's which might affect performance .
Toyota/Lexus are the same and they use same engine.
So I see no reason why Lexus won't perform well with our fuel while Toyota will.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by Readonee35L(m): 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
sooperrescue:
We dont have bad fuel in the country, just that our regular unleaded fuel is very suitable for Toyota, honda and to an extent, nissan but the lexus, acura, mitsubishi, and infinity and nissan high end does tolerate regular fuel but to the detriment of better fuel economy, powerful takeoff and smooth driving and destruction of engines. Many agents at the ports will testify that once they clear out a vehicle from the port, immediately they buy fuel, the check engine light comes on and any scan done on those cars reveal cylinder misfire and oxygen sensors fault. It happens on all these cars but recent observations have noticed that some toyotas are now using premium, especially the 2014 corolla Us specs and there is a likelyhood that your pilot is also programed for premium too. That is why i am always advocating for octane boosters as a remedy because it is the Americans that produce octane boosters and they have premium fuel and I discovered that there are some towns where they have regular fuel and also amg cars uses a higher than 91 octane hence the need to boost the fuel. That lexus is reacting to the fuel in Nigeria and the result of all the trial and error jobs on his car is as a result of poor research on the type of car and the type of fuel and for the type of country that car will be used in. Voila
Oga Sooper
You are my Boss in the auto field.
But your words are confusing based on my own knowledge .
This cars use the same engine with their luxury versions and they have the same horse power . except the type-s acuras with J32.
Toyota Is Same as Lexus , 1mz, 3gr, 2gr
Nissan is Same as infiniti . VQ
Honda is same as Acura . j30, j35 j32
So if this is correct .
Why will a Toyota do well and the Lexus won't
Same for Nissan and Infiniti or Honda and Acura.
The engine and fuel system are what matters. I don't think a different badge should be a problem .

I agree that premium fuel matters in newer models.
But if regular fuel should affect a Lexus then it should also affect the Toyota of same platform

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by kingreign(m): 6:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
Readonee35L:

the 2gr-fe you see in an ES350, RX350 is same used in Highlander, Camry, avalon, venza, the same applies to the IMZ and 3MZ engines etc. Lexus recommends premium fuel due to ECU which is tuned to accept premium fuel. That said, using a regular unleaded fuel wont harm the car, however, the ecu will adjust the timing to accept the regular fuel and this will rob the driver of a few horsepower which is barely noticeable in everyday driving.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by Readonee35L(m): 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
kingreign:

the 2gr-fe you see in an ES350, RX350 is same used in Highlander, Camry, avalon, venza, the same applies to the IMZ and 3MZ engines etc. Lexus recommends premium fuel due to ECU which is tuned to accept premium fuel. That said, using a regular unleaded fuel wont harm the car, however, the ecu will adjust the timing to accept the regular fuel and this will rob the driver of a few horsepower which is barely noticeable in everyday driving.
Kingreign they fall my hand.
Shey I no sabi all this ni.
Read my post again and see what I'm asking Mr sooper
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by boldx(m): 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
Enough said already on this, oya everybody please take a chill pill.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
boldx:
Enough said already on this, oya everybody please take a chill pill popcorn.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3554500_giphy_giff78492f0513c659e69dab2e47f567202

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 9:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
Abi, so what is the advice for the Op, he should change the spark plugs or the fuel pump or buy new catalyst or change the gasket or buy highlander? The fuel will not hurt these high end japanese luxury cars but will make many things go wrong. Acura is prone to gear failures, ditto nissan, while the honda is known for leg pullout. The fuel these luxury cars uses matters and either you come to terms with it or the owners of these brands continue to spend money in an inappropraite manner
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by Coldplay007(f): 11:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
kingreign:
scan first and do compression test also.
contact Sooperrescue, hes based in Lagos close to your area, and has knowledge about how to fix these challenges in cars.

Wrong advice bro.. Call Gazzuz,..
Sooperresue is just a Super kazeem grin. Any auto mechanic that believes all Lexuses in Nigeria not using octane boosters must have the check engine light on, is just a Kazeem..

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sultaan(m): 1:11am On Oct 04, 2016
Coldplay007:

Wrong advice bro.. Call Gazzuz,..
Sooperresue is just a Super kazeem grin. Any auto mechanic that believes all Lexuses in Nigeria not using octane boosters must have the check engine light on, is just a Kazeem..

Haba you was to finish that business owner none of the service shops has personnel that is actually certified to fix these newer cars everyone is picking their knowledge off the internet certified= factory trained to current level of automotive industry. Apart from Siena
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by king406(m): 1:49am On Oct 04, 2016
Sooperrescue with all due respect sir I am not doubting your knowledge but I've researched up and down about the effect of using regular fuel in premium required vehicles. I was so scared to the point that I almost gave up buying my first German car. I researched and I found out that I will only lose up to 20bhp from the engine power with no damage to the engine. still, premium fuel is highly recommended. In the owners manual it says 'when premium fuel is not available, use regular unleaded and fill up with premium as soon as possible'. The car being said is a Mercedes with M272 engine. I thought of using octane boosters but I just didn't trust the brands I found in Nigeria so I decided to take the risk because so many Mercedes cars with M272 and even m157 amg's are on the road. I used my car for a year with no problem using regular fuel. I had the courage to get another German beast earlier this year with an n54 302bhp straight six engine. It has been gulping regular fuel since it got to Nigeria four months ago and there hasn't been a single cough. So if these two top German brands can manage regular fuel why can't the Japanese with the so called more reliable drive trains do too? I also question the fact that lexus and Toyota use the same V6 engine but how come u said Toyota uses regular and lexus premium?
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 2:02am On Oct 04, 2016
That's true, we are internet based mechanics but the Op used the internet to ask for help. He could have well searched the internet to master his vehicle. Even those that studied online to obtain their degrees are kazeems too. The range rover scanner that requires we login and pay for subscription before we can program range rover are super kazeems and you that is making the comment, you are using telegram or fax. If you are a Lexus owner and it suits you to use and drive with regular fuel, go on and enjoy your car. I am not a Lexus mech but I have a little idea about the car based on practical experience since 2001 and I own an old school lx400 that is still with me till date. Help the guy solve this problem and leave us kazeems to move on to higher challenges
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 2:22am On Oct 04, 2016
king406:
Sooperrescue with all due respect sir I am not doubting your knowledge but I've researched up and down about the effect of using regular fuel in premium required vehicles. I was so scared to the point that I almost gave up buying my first German car. I researched and I found out that I will only lose up to 20bhp from the engine power with no damage to the engine. still, premium fuel is highly recommended. In the owners manual it says 'when premium fuel is not available, use regular unleaded and fill up with premium as soon as possible'. The car being said is a Mercedes with M272 engine. I thought of using octane boosters but I just didn't trust the brands I found in Nigeria so I decided to take the risk because so many Mercedes cars with M272 and even m157 amg's are on the road. I used my car for a year with no problem using regular fuel. I had the courage to get another German beast earlier this year with an n54 302bhp straight six engine. It has been gulping regular fuel since it got to Nigeria four months ago and there hasn't been a single cough. So if these two top German brands can manage regular fuel why can't the Japanese with the so called more reliable drive trains do too? I also question the fact that lexus and Toyota use the same V6 engine but how come u said Toyota uses regular and lexus premium?
Good question you just raised. Have you scanned the four months old Benz? Just do and let us know what came out. What happened to vboot, c,e,s class of the 2005 to 2010 even ml? You did a great research and look at this phrase, if premium is not available, use regular fuel but quickly refill to premium fuel. Mb wrote it in their manual, vw did and range rover warned of engine damage when using a lower octane rating for a long time. If they warned you and you ignored their counsel, you will soon notice two things in your Mercedes-Benz, sludge and sluggish driving. That's when you know that you should follow the instructions from the manufacturer. Benz sold in Nigeria uses regular fuel, same thing with Porsche Nigeria. Scan your Mercedes-Benz today and paste the result and let us know if it is coughing and we give the car to an expert to treat it.As for the Japanese cars using different fuel types, kingrein has already answered the question.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by diportivo: 7:08am On Oct 04, 2016
sooperrescue:
while the honda is known for leg pullout.

Readonee35l

Beta dash me ur Honda hence the above happens grin

I will goan put Toyota leg tongue

2 Likes

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
diportivo:

Readonee35l

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
diportivo:

Readonee35l
Shebi i be sooper kazeem?
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by diportivo: 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2016
sooperrescue:

Shebi i be sooper kazeem?

U na baba joor

I comot my shoe....and my cap for u cool

No vex say I no comot glasses sha....I no go see wetin I dey type grin

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by king406(m): 5:39pm On Oct 04, 2016
sooperrescue:

Good question you just raised. Have you scanned the four months old Benz? Just do and let us know what came out. What happened to vboot, c,e,s class of the 2005 to 2010 even ml? You did a great research and look at this phrase, if premium is not available, use regular fuel but quickly refill to premium fuel. Mb wrote it in their manual, vw did and range rover warned of engine damage when using a lower octane rating for a long time. If they warned you and you ignored their counsel, you will soon notice two things in your Mercedes-Benz, sludge and sluggish driving. That's when you know that you should follow the instructions from the manufacturer. Benz sold in Nigeria uses regular fuel, same thing with Porsche Nigeria. Scan your Mercedes-Benz today and paste the result and let us know if it is coughing and we give the car to an expert to treat it.As for the Japanese cars using different fuel types, kingrein has already answered the question.
actually the four months old car is a BMW. There isn't a single warning light on the instrument cluster. So why should I scan it? Will any code appear without a warning light?

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 9:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
king406:
actually the four months old car is a BMW. There isn't a single warning light on the instrument cluster. So why should I scan it? Will any code appear without a warning light?
Yes, there are many modules in the bmw .
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 9:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
king406:
Yes, there are many modules in the bmw
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by Readonee35L(m): 9:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
diportivo:

Readonee35l

Hahahaha grin.
Na Toyota Leg sure pass oh, You should also Swap In a 5s-fe For Efficiency and Maximum Fuel Economy & Reliability.
grin grin
Funny man
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by honmusa(m): 5:31am On Oct 10, 2016
Update about the the ops car issue.
The op brought the car to my workshop(autologic autocare) and on datastreaming the car powertrain pids with my advance analytical tool ,we found out there is a consistent misfire on cylinder 4 and 6 .
Further diagnosis test with cylinder compression test with leak down test finally fully confirmed that the issue is actually a worn head gasket issue and worn piston ring on that that cylinder 4 and 6. (compression are well below 100 psi)
To alleviate any doubt about restricted exhaust as the op suspected before ,we went further to test for that and we found it all clear.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by honmusa(m): 5:32am On Oct 10, 2016
h
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 7:21am On Oct 10, 2016
Were the spark plugs which he changed earlier, the oem plugs?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Drunk Driving A Crime In Nigeria? / Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? / Transmission Issues In The 2006 Nissan Maxima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.