Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,386 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin (2397 Views)

IPOB Members Protest In Abia, Demand To Know Nnamdi Kanu’s Whereabouts (Photos) / Party Agents Protest At Anambra INEC Office, Demands Original Results Sheet(vid) / Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by vigopress: 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
MTN Call Centre Agents Protest in Ilorin

James Atobatele
MTN Nigeria Customer Care Representatives (CCRs) operating from Ilorin Call Centre on Friday protested against the failure of telecom giant to intervene in Call Centre Management transition crisis.

Over 500 agents whose appointment with CNSSL Contact Centre Limited ends September 30, 2016 blamed MTN Nigeria for not transferring their appointment to new vendor- ISON BPO.

Our correspondent reports that affected CCRs were those handling High Value Customers (Top-20) in premium segment for MTN Nigeria.
Investigations revealed that MTN Nigeria terminated contract of CNSSL Contact Centre Limited (owned by Engr. Gbenga Adebayo) for management of top 20 customers (HVCs) in Lagos, Ilorin, Kaduna and Kano.

Olaleye Ogunleye who addressed journalists condemned MTN Nigeria for playing with future of over 1500 affected CCRs in Lagos, Ilorin, Kano and Kaduna Call Centres.

He added that MTN Nigeria gave ISON BPO contract to 80 percent (Regular customers) of Call Centres in across Nigeria in 2015 while CNSSL Contact Centre Limited retained management of top 20 (Premium segment).

According to him, “MTN Nigeria is playing on our intelligence. They promised to transfer our employment to new vendor-ISON BPO after termination of contract with CNSSL Contact Centre Limited. It’s however sadden that MTN who claimed that integrity is one of their core values has rendered over 1000 CCRs jobless after working for five years.

“MTN must transfer our appointment to new vendor with any salary reduction or increase in work hours. We are aware MTN Nigeria is making money in Nigeria without paying benefits to their staff in the name of outsourcing.

“We called on National Assembly, NCC and other stakeholders to intervene without delay. Rendering 1500 CCRs jobless in this recession period will have multiplier effect on the economy, friends and families of affected agents.”

He also called on management of CNSSL Contact Centre Limited to pay all their outstanding entitlements which include leave allowances, salary/pay off and outstanding pension deductions.

“The company has not remitted our 12 months pension to PFAs since October 2015 to September 2016 which contrary to 2014 Pension Act. Engr. Gbenga Adebayo must pay all our entitlements. We won’t sign any clearance or drop our work tools without payment”. Ogunleye stated.
He described the insertion of section 3 to the clearance form as dubious and inhumane.

The section 3 of the clearance form reads: “I hereby further confirm and declare that I have no claims, rights or entitlements whatsoever and howsoever against CNSSLCCL or its agents or representative, whether civil or criminal, at Common Law, under any Statute or in tort arising out of or in connection with my service with the Company."

The CCRs has vowed to use all legal means to get their entitlements.
Efforts to speak with Branch Manager of CNSSL, Mr Adeyemi Badewa failed as he declined to speak with our correspondent.

http://expressng.com/2016/09/mtn-nigeria-sacks-1000-customer-care-representatives/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by icon8: 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
This MTN matter na season film? First, it was in Lagos, now Ilorin.
Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by abdulrazak07(m): 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
Any 1 trying howsoever or whatso ever trying to put in his/or her best for our claim,right & entitlement not to b paid will never no peace, his or her family won't have any reason to celebrate them. Enuf is enuf my pple

5 Likes

Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by Abeyjide: 4:40pm On Sep 30, 2016
lalaticlala, kindly move to front page
Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by Temidayo9(m): 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
Thanks God they relive u people out of shackles of slavery and u still dey protest. I was once a CCSR , now i can't wish that for my enemy.

1 Like

Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by Doluseun(m): 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
The way Call center agents was treated by Engr Gbenga Adebayo is so wrong and yet he always demand 100% productivity from his agents.
He's owing His staffs 12months pension remittance, Leave allowances and pending salaries.
Yet he want all agents to sign that He is owing nothing.
The company provided a clearance form for agents captured with a deadly clause which the manager himself admitted that the clause is heavy but want agents to still sign it based on trust they have for the company .
the clause goes thus section 3 paragraph 2 “I hereby further confirm and declare that I have no claims, rights or entitlements whatsoever and howsoever against CNSSLCCL or its agents or representative, whether civil or criminal, at Common Law, under any Statute or in tort arising out of or in connection with my service with the Company."

This is someone that failed to pay agents that were due for leave allowances last year and for this year.

below are what is expected of him to fulfilled:
1. September salary should be paid (contract already breached Section 2c of the Contract of Service states, "Your salary net of statutory deductions will be paid in arrears into your bank account on or before the 28th of every month".
2. Annual leave allowance (Section 5 of the contract of service).
3. Contributory pension (which is our sweat). The company has grossly abused the Pension Reform Act 2014 as amended. The company not only is owing us pension after deduction, but has persistently delayed our pension remittance.
4. certificate of payments of tax as this have already been deducted , since 2013.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by walemoney007(m): 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
What is the state assembly and national assembly doing about this issue

2 Likes

Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by Doluseun(m): 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
Temidayo9:
Thanks God they relive u people out of shackles of slavery and u still dey protest. I was once a CCSR , now i can't wish that for my enemy.

My guy you are right ooo.
And they pay pea nuts
Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by olaboy33(m): 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
i live at the back of that building, that building is for royal fm ilorin situated at tanke oko odo.......... dunno ow this is pertaining to mtn.... OP can u clarify....
Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by Doluseun(m): 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
olaboy33:
i live at the back of that building, that building is for royal fm ilorin situated at tanke oko odo.......... dunno ow this is pertaining to mtn.... OP can u clarify....

That building actually is where they pick MTN 180 calls

1 Like

Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by Cutehector(m): 5:24pm On Sep 30, 2016
They knew they are contract staff. Why are they complaining?
Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by Doluseun(m): 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
Cutehector:

So contract staffs dont have Terms and conditions for the job they do.
Or did you read it they are fighting for what they are not duly entitled to, or what kind of person are you

1 Like

Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by Abeyjide: 5:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
Cutehector:

hope u glanced through before commenting on it? I pity your life.
Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 5:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
MTN guys and CNSSL na amunisin (task masters).
Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by Larytit: 6:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
Cutehector:
Cutehector:
Be like say ur brain dey under ur feet. Contract staff are entitled to their benefits. Besides they are not complaining about the termination of contract what they are after is what they are entitled to i.e their RIGHT just incase u dont know what it is. Just open mouth dey comment without reading

1 Like

Re: MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin by yimikaa: 6:52pm On Sep 30, 2016
Mayfair peeps be like 'make we tell una our story'

Adebayo getting away with this bullcrap since 2010.

From jos to mayfair to apapa,ilorin.

(1) (Reply)

Videos, Photos ; Uche Mefor's Opening Speech At Biafra Confab In Italy. / See The Questions 66%Of Kaduna Primary School Teachers Failed / Photos From 50th Birthday party Of Oyo State Governorship Aspirant Seyi Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.