Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch (591 Views)

My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase / 2017 Budget’ll End Nigeria’s Economic Woes – Buhari / I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by EnEnPeecee: 4:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday said despite the criticisms of many, he would continue to blame his predecessors for Nigeria’s woes. He said passing the buck, which people have been frowning at, was important in order for Nigerians to know what went wrong with the country.

Buhari spoke at an event tagged, “The Conversation: An evening with creative youths,” held inside the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja. The event, attended also by the President’s wife, Aisha; Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo and
his wife, Dolapo; as well as governors and other top government officials, had “Creative youth as drivers of the change agenda” as its theme.

Buhari said, “I am going to bore you with what we met. I know that I am being accused in the papers of passing the buck, but passing the buck is sometimes absolutely necessary to remind people who take things for granted. “When we came in, I screamed to high heavens because I had promised a lot while seeking for votes.

“I said where is the saving? There was no saving. There was no infrastructure, power, rails, roads, there was none. What did we spend the money on? I was told buying food and petrol. “Where were the billions going? We conducted a study and found out that the oil marketers were committing fraud on at least one third of what they were importing, which is about 25 per cent of our foreign exchange.

”The youth must watch our elite, especially with the condition we found ourselves. It is unpatriotic for anybody to pretend that economically we have no problem. “I have bored you with this long explanation because there are things that could be hidden from you by those that have mismanaged the country in the last 16, 17 years.” The President therefore tasked Nigerian
youths to be alive to their responsibilities of
holding their leaders and the elite
accountable.

Source:
http://punchng.com/ill-continue-blame-predecessors-nigerias-woes-buhari/
Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by Sunnymatey(m): 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
Because ur brain is 90% water.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
Buhari is on point.

I actually i find it unrealistic when people say the govt should stop blaming the past.
We are suffering today, because the past never prepared for the future (today).

And also we are very unrealistic in our expectation that things can turn around suddenly.
it will takes us about ten years to diversify the economy. Diversification is not a switch you can just turn on or off.
it is a long painful process. We must understand this and work towards it.

All we talk about is dollar vs naira rate because we are still focussing on consuming imported tins.

We must look inward in our consumption pattern.

Blaming the past for the current economy woes does not in any way affect the performance of the govt. They can blame past govt while they work. it does not slow down progress in anyway. Actually it helps p

1 Like

Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by fuckyoumhen: 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
ONCE A DULLARD WILL ALWAYS BE A DULLARD

KAI DULLARD!!!

ZOMBIES, WE EXPECT YOU TO COME AND JUSTIFY THE INCOMPETENCY OF MAMA NMADU BUGHARI

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by EnEnPeecee: 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2016
Baba Go Slow, why
Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2016
Keep blaming them... Don't worry... 2019 is just around d corner

1 Like

Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by ificatchmodeh: 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2016
Keep blaming sir..don't work.

1 Like

Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by plaetton: 5:01pm On Sep 30, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

I actually i find it unrealistic when people say the govt should stop blaming the past.

And also we are very unrealistic in our expectation that things can turn around suddenly.
it will takes us about ten years to diversify the economy. Diversification is not a switch you can just turn on or off.

All we talk about is dollar vs naira rate because we are still focussing on consuming imported tins.

Blaming the past for the current economy woes does not in any way affect the performance of the govt. They can blame past govt while they work. it does not slow down progress in anyway. Actually it helps p

Bullshyte.

Blaming others instead squarely tackling the challenges is sure sign of personality disorder. When We see that tendency in little children, we are quick to scold , and in most cases, spank them out of such horrible habits.

Blaming is in Buhari's character. He doesn't take responsibilities no matter what. It's a childish, cowardly way of evading taking responsibility.

Buhari, through his actions, most times very ignorantly, have created total CHAOS in the economy over past year and half.
The economy does not operate in a command and control fashion. The modern economy is very dynamic, interlinked and very sensitive to body language, government body language.

Through the reckless pronouncements, policy schizophrenia, flip flops, and outright hostility against the FREE FLOW OF CAPITAL, Buhari has succeeded in nuking the entire system.
It is the fallouts that we are currently experiencing.

Take for example, just this morning , I read in the papers about the CBN enacting more stringent measures about the use of domiciliary accounts.
Why should it be CBN's fxxing business about how and what people do with their own money, their own CAPITAL?
You scare people, scare investors, cause confusion and STRANGLE the economy when you interfere with the market-driven, unfettered free flow of CAPITAL.
Daahhhh!!! undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by DeWorlex45(m): 5:03pm On Sep 30, 2016
Why won't u keep blaming, wen it is so audible to d deaf dt u had notin to offer. U & ur croonies promised change, bt we were nt wise enuf to ask d type of change u guys promised us. How i wish dat 2019 appear very fast so dt we can CHANGE dis rotten change of urs. Hiss...

1 Like

Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by yemexy(m): 5:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
your days are numbered
Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by Rekyz(m): 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
He has to blame them. They are all thieves. They stole his certificate... Our runs girls aren't wise, they should just offer this man an apple.

1 Like

Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by basilo101: 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
You are part of the so called predecessors Mr. Dullard

1 Like

Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by basilo101: 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

The Dullard himself is 100% part of the past so he should shut up, and you too

1 Like

Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by DeepSight(m): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
plaetton:

Bullshyte.

Blaming others instead squarely tackling the challenges is sure sign of personality disorder. When We see that tendency in little children, we are quick to scold and most cases, spank them out such horrible habit.

Blaming is in Buhari's character. He doesn't take responsibilities no matter what. It's a childish, cowardly way of evading taking responsibility.

Buhari, through his actions, most times very ignorantly, have created total CHAOS in the economy over past year and half.
The economy does not in a command and control fashion. The modern economy is very dynamic, interlinked and very sensitive to body language, government body.
Through the reckless pronouncements, policy schizophrenia, flip flops, and outright hostility against the free flow of CAPITAL, Buhari has succeeded in nuking the entire system.
It is the fallouts that we are currently experiencing.

Take for example, just this morning I read in the papers about the CBN enacting more stringent measures about the use of or domiciliary accounts.
Why should it be CBN's fxxing business about how and what people do with their own money, their own CAPITAL?
You scare people, scare investors, cause confusion and STRANGLE the economy when you interfere with the market-driven, unfettered free flow of CAPITAL.
Daahhhh!!! undecided

So on point. It sickens me to watch people who support Buhari. It entirely shows you why the country is the way it is. A people deserve the leadership they get.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by DeepSight(m): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
basilo101:

The Dullard himself is 100% part of the past so he should shut up, and you too

Bingo!
Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by EnEnPeecee: 5:51pm On Sep 30, 2016
CC Lalasticlala
Re: I'll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria's woes -Buhari - Punch by tuniski: 5:53pm On Sep 30, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

Buhari Is the past, he failed then is already a failure now. Blamers don't do well.

(1) (Reply)

But Wait Who Are They Laughing At? / Forget ECOWAS Court, We Can’t Release Dasuki For Now – FG / Do Everything Possible To Unite Nigerians, Ohaneze Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.