Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase (15548 Views)

Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors / Buhari: My predecessors completed few projects / My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles & I Never Ridiculed Them – Arase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by kanttiinn: 7:02am On Dec 27, 2016
The immediate past Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, has advised his successor, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, to avoid engaging in acts that could bring any past occupant of that office to public ridicule.

In a letter dated December 1, 2016, which he wrote to Idris, Arase pointed out that it was for this reason that while he was in office, he ensured that Force Order 295 was put in place to protect ex-IGs from being demeaned.

Arase, who retired as police IG in June, said it was in the spirit of this order that he desisted from ridiculing the last two IGs before him even though he knew that they each went away with 13 and nine police vehicles respectively when leaving office. The former IGs, which Arase referred to, are Mohammed Abubakar, who retired in 2014 and Suleiman Abba, who was sacked in April last year by former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Arase said this in his reply to the allegations by Idris that he (Arase) took away 24 police vehicles while leaving office in June as the IG.

The former IG had earlier dismissed his successors allegations that he left with two dozens of vehicles while leaving office, wondering what he would do with such number of vehicles.

Arase said rather than denigrate Abba, who he succeeded, he indeed initiated actions and bought a brand new bulletproof jeep for the sacked IG despite the fact that Abba’s administration left a debt of N28bn for him to contend with.

He urged Idris to put the integrity and honour of the Nigeria Police Force first in any action he might want to take so that the force would not be exposed to public ridicule.

Arase said, “I expect that former occupants of the office of the Inspector-General of Police should not be demeaned. This explains why Force Order 295 was emplaced by the force management under my leadership as acknowledged in your letter in reference.

“In spite of the emplacement of this order and despite the fact that my two immediate predecessors left office with 13 and nine vehicles of different makes and models respectively, I never pressurised either of them to return any of such vehicles neither did I engage in any act that was capable of bringing them to ridicule as being done to me of late by a force I dedicated my life to serving up to the highest level.

“Rather, it is on record that I went the extra mile to source for funds and initiated actions towards purchasing a brand new bulletproof jeep for my immediate predecessor, even after his retirement from service. This was done notwithstanding the fact that I inherited and had to manage a huge debt profile of about N28bn, which limited the financial base of the force at the time.”

Among the 13 vehicles, which Arase said Abubakar took away were a BMW (7 series) bulletproof car; and two Toyota Land Cruiser V8 bulletproof jeeps.

According to him, Abba also took away a Toyota Land Cruiser bulletproof jeep and a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado jeep along with seven other vehicles.

Arase said God had blessed him so much and he was contended to the point that he would willingly surrender “all my vehicular entitlements even as contained in the Revised Force Order 295 in the overriding interest of the force and in the sustenance of the legacy of comradeship between an incumbent IGP and his predecessor.”

He said he decided to delay in returning the vehicles, which Idris alleged he took away, as a form of protest against the “unfair, untidy and demeaning approach the matter was handled until now.”

Arase, however, said he harboured no animosity towards Idris and encouraged him to feel free to approach him for advice, just as his predecessors did to him.

http://punchng.com/predecessors-left-22-police-vehicles-arase/

2 Likes

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by biggiyke(m): 7:08am On Dec 27, 2016
predecessors looting since 1960
postdecessors grin grin reporting since 1961
nothing has changed in nigeria
vicious cycle, same shit, different day
.................waiting for arase loot story soon

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by biggiyke(m): 7:09am On Dec 27, 2016
ok
Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by lacasera14(m): 7:09am On Dec 27, 2016
So how many are you gonna leave with? 44?

12 Likes

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by yinkslinks(m): 7:09am On Dec 27, 2016
nice one
Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by pxjosh(m): 7:10am On Dec 27, 2016
thieves disguised as policemen undecided

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by Allwility: 7:10am On Dec 27, 2016

If Arase knew his predecessors took properties meant for the NPL while leaving office, why didn't he make them return those properties? Except maybe he also wanted to take some with him too when he leaves office and so he came up with Force Order 295.

Who does that?

Police stealing from Police.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by biggiyke(m): 7:10am On Dec 27, 2016
but why na?
Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by Okaakoko(m): 7:10am On Dec 27, 2016
do the needful
Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 7:11am On Dec 27, 2016
Again
Ur predecessors will soon blame d pre-predecessors!
Mtscheewww

3 Likes

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by nwosu35: 7:11am On Dec 27, 2016
sad grin
Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by ELPablochapo: 7:11am On Dec 27, 2016
Arase do not mind your successor, this present administration has got nothing to offer other than complain and blame their predecessor.

Mr Idris is emulating his dullard in head

14 Likes

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by Oyetboy(m): 7:11am On Dec 27, 2016
You, your ancestors, predecessors even the present igp, all of una be thieves undecided

10 Likes

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by lacasera14(m): 7:11am On Dec 27, 2016
biggiyke:
ok
niggur why you booking two spaces above Me. one is not enough for you? you are a greedy sombori
Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by echelons(m): 7:12am On Dec 27, 2016
That your predecessors engaged in criminal enrichment and stealing of official cars does not warrant that you do so, and because as a criminal you overlooked your predecessors knowing fully well that you'll steal your own when it's your turn doesn't mean your successor shouldn't probe your nefarious activities.
NPF is a proven den of corrupt men (and women).
Imagine buying a brand new SUV for somebody you clearly know stole 9 vehicles and left you in debt.. what's the justification?

Mr. Arase, please spare us the nonsense talk and get ready for your days in court, and likely in prison.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by teamsynergy: 7:12am On Dec 27, 2016
so becos u are a high ranking officer, u shudnt be called out if u embezzle or steal our SUVs... no wonder there is so much corruption in the system...spit on u mfk

9 Likes

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by HOLYDICK(m): 7:12am On Dec 27, 2016
Bull crap Next pls!!! sad

1 Like

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by ENGINEous(m): 7:12am On Dec 27, 2016
Just imagine

10 Likes

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 27, 2016
k
Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by free2ryhme: 7:14am On Dec 27, 2016
grin

He he knew he was going to follow his predecessors' footsteps in stealing as that he had no complaints about their theft. Shame on all of them. President Buhari needs to prosecute one of the people serving under him to prove that he is not condoning corruption and someone like Mr Arase would have been a good example. As corrupt as president Obasanjo was and still is, he prosecuted and jailed I.G. Tafa Balogun.

8 Likes

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by GoggleB(m): 7:14am On Dec 27, 2016
I pray thus blame game stops by 2019.
We are tired of all una shits.
Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by iyallancy84: 7:15am On Dec 27, 2016
but u left with almost 35. do not provoke me to expose u.

1 Like

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by Adebowale89(m): 7:15am On Dec 27, 2016
is that why u went away with yours too. arase and fallacy of petito percipi are like 5&6

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 27, 2016
These people nor get shame

4 Likes

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by Chukwq(m): 7:15am On Dec 27, 2016
OK
Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:16am On Dec 27, 2016
Blaming ur predecessor syndrome is an APC viral disease spread by bubuhari and suffered by zombies like sarrki et all

This virus seem to be taking over the shithole of a country

1 Like

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by ojinuocheibi(m): 7:17am On Dec 27, 2016
THE POLICE WAS YOUR USELESS FRIEND NOW THEY ARE YOUR IDIOT FRIENDZ.

2 Likes

Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by Tonason: 7:18am On Dec 27, 2016
Why is it that everything about this regime is always talking about the past, how to rubbish another person.
Re: My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase by olatade(m): 7:18am On Dec 27, 2016
But what kind of office culture allows a departing chief executive go home with a huge fleet of cars while the force uses rickety jokes as operational cars in its real job of law enforcement.
When thieves came to my house in January, their was no help from the police. They canvassed lack of operational vehicles.
What a shame.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Will Tell Buhari To Speak With Nigerians – Presidency / We Entered The Lion’s Den, Came Out Fearlessly, Fani-kayode Boasts / We Will Open Lagos Govt's Books - Sanwo-olu, Hamzat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.