Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,468 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:49 AM

Independence Day: Nigeria First -NANS President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Day: Nigeria First -NANS President (453 Views)

Forgotten Facts: The Day Nigeria And Cameroon Almost Went To War Part 1. / What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) / Aisha Buhari In The US Different From Nigeria First Lady Aisha Buhari - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Independence Day: Nigeria First -NANS President by akolo321: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2016
According to Franklin D. Roosevelt, “in a truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be won”. Fellow Nigerians, congratulations yet again for the well deserved victory. This precious gift, Nigeria was won for us by the faith, resilience, unity, love, sweat and courage of our forefathers. We have nothing to give them in return for their precious hard works and sacrifices. We can only remember them, emulate their deeds and make a heartily salute while celebrating the national events. They would always be in our hearts.

On this day marking the 56th Independence Day of Nigeria, I call on Nigerians alike to come together to felicitate our glorious nation and feel proud to be Nigerians. We should be proud that we are the heirs of such blessed dreamers and we must continue to dream big dreams for ourselves and our beloved country Nigeria.

Nigerians should never take their Independence for granted. We must do our part to make this country a better place; a legacy to live for and a legacy to die for. Let this young generation of Nigerians like myself recommit ourselves even at this moment of great difficulties to fighting for the ideals which brought us this gift. Like our fallen heroes, let us fight to imbibe the cherished ideals of unity, love, brotherhood, faith, resilience, prayers and courage and make these the fulcrum of the Redeemed Nigeria.

Nigeria is our mother country and we are its citizens. We should always be ready to save the honor of our country. It is our responsibility to lead our country ahead and make it a best country of the world. I hereby urge all Nigerians to take an oath today of being highly responsible and well-educated citizens of the tomorrow Nigeria. We should sincerely perform our duty and do work hard to get the goal and successfully lead this democratic nation.

To my fellow students, I enjoin you to continue to be law abiding, and most importantly, take your studies serious. The future of Nigeria is tied to it. Be rest assured, the new leadership of NANS is committed to the struggle for the greater interest of Nigerian students both at home and abroad.

To our men and women in positions of authority, the country demand more from you. No excuses, be responsible! We have many challenges before us, but I am certain we can overcome them; unity, faith and hope is KEY.

Lastly, I leave you with this heroic message of one of our founding fathers, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe: “It makes no difference to me really whether I win this election or not, and i want you to believe me. And I'm not talking politics. For 25years of my life I have fought for the freedom of Nigeria. Nigeria will have gained independence on October 1 ***. So long as Nigeria is independent, I will be satisfied”. I pray like him, this should be the desire of every Nigerian politician. The interest of the country must be place above everything. It would be a a great disservice if we chose to fight over this country, instead of fighting for it. God bless Nigeria.

Happy Independence Day, citizens of Nigeria

Signed:
Akolo Raymond Eggon, SSA on Media & Publicity to NANS President, Comr. Aruna Kadiri

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria First -NANS President by yeyeboi(m): 7:17am On Oct 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria First -NANS President by Elkay3: 7:25am On Oct 01, 2016
Good message from the house of commotion.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria First -NANS President by agwom(m): 7:58am On Oct 01, 2016
ok

(1) (Reply)

Independence Day ,why Are They Not Celebrating It / Nigeria / PHOTOS: Amina Mohammed Joins FCT Minister To Park Refuse In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.