Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! (72467 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Genotype / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / How Can I Save My Aunts Marriage? Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Obeby(m): 4:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
[quote author=Amelian post=49835652]Op. u want to divorce your wife who bore two healthy kids because she lied about age.? I swear u r not serious.. U want to divorce her before, fucvk this age thing u r saying.. She's fertile, she appears young, if not for certificates u won't have known..

My guy u no serious...
If u know since the day u were born, uv never lied before? Thru dating and now married to her, uv not lied at all... Then by all means go ahead and divorce.

But remember . Karma is waiting for u calmly later in life... Smhhh..

Dey divorce nah.

When men brag about divorce over little things it's so annoying.. So many women are prolly guilty of these? It seems so many people are supporting the woman to the chagrin of the laws guiding and guarding marriage and its sustaining laws. Top on that is :thou shall not lie to one another, before, during and after getting wed. It eat out trust the same way salt eat off worms. But Op, the only solution, ONLY I say, isn't divorce but forgiveness. I recourse to other intellectual previous and subsequent submissions. Ciao.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by naijafeminist: 4:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Nice try! He'll tell me the same thing He tells me about feminism

? Stick to the topic at hand
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Obeby(m): 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
If you must spew feculent blather on the internet, you should at least learn to spell properly.
Chai!!! Why naa?
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Ranchhoddas: 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
naijafeminist:

? Stick to the topic at hand
Lol...By introducing God you deviated from the topic ma'am. I just followed your lead.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Ranchhoddas: 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
amunkita:
Nkechiben..

Henceforth, aha gi bu Real Men doesn't talk...
Hahahahahahaha... Guy you don craze!

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Iykon1313(m): 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
nkechiben:

Look at this one! if u've not lied before Oya first cast the stone

Who b dis one again?
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by NEROSKY(m): 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
nkechiben:

See dis one o! YOU? you dat ur wife lie to, everyday and u also lie to her everyday yet una still dey marry. Make I hear word jor! Go play draft if have nothing to say here abeg u!
wetin u dey talk U well so?
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by muller101(m): 8:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
nkechiben:

Good! Including any any woman that related to u of course!
wow. Don't take it personal pls. Just my observation
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by ted1741: 8:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
You want to divorce because she lied about her age, amadioha punish you 100 times, stupid. When you agreed to be together in sickness and health, wealth and poverty etc, did you not mean it. Where in the bible or social contract either statutory or common law does it advocate divorce in a whim. The Bible does not and the laws of man give only 3 conditions for divorce: Separation, adultery and cruelty and you want to divorce over age. Granted it may dent your trust in her but for crying out aloud, divorce is simply inconceivable for lying about age. Why don't you say you are seeing some younger person or cheating and tired of your wife and therefore looking for the flimsiest excuse to get ride of someone that has two beautiful kids for you. Are you ok or abi craze de worri u?
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by xtervaganza(m): 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
Forwetinnah:

The chief clown of the circus has spoken...she becomes repulsive because he knows she lied about her age (not because she's older than him) but she sticks with him even with his loose zippers? What's more nauseating??!! Boys claiming they're MEN. The right to be very ANGRY is all his but Divorce? Who dash am!!
we have a crazy feminazi on period here

According to feminazis the woman is always right

Boom!

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by naijafeminist: 1:59am On Oct 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Lol...By introducing God you deviated from the topic ma'am. I just followed your lead.

But at Kat let your deviation be valid. What is the feminism here?
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by lawlahbammy(f): 6:34am On Oct 05, 2016
Chubhie:

You are kind with words milady.

I received the cyberhugs and felt lighter.

God bless you too and enlarge your heart for hugs sharing.

I don't want an enlarged heart its a disease... lol

BTW Amen to the prayers. Sharing hugs isn't costly... so receive it again its FOC
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Chubhie: 7:02am On Oct 05, 2016
lawlahbammy:

I don't want an enlarged heart its a disease... lol

BTW Amen to the prayers. Sharing hugs isn't costly... so receive it again its FOC
LOL! I receive it again and again.

May you find favour between God and man FOC.

Do have a very wonderful day milady.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by lagosrd: 7:06am On Oct 05, 2016
NOC1:
Pls don't divorce forgive her.
but why do ladies lie a lot, my uncle divorced because the wife lied to him that he studied law, while she studied english.

There lies na mumu lie

May God bless your post. I discovered that most people who comment and lash out at this guy are very insincere. How can a whole house wife bw so desperate to that extent and you want the husband to trust her. Haba some people just type jagons from their fertile imaginations and think marriage is a boy friend girl friend relationship just because they think they can type grammar. This kind of behaviour will not only make ladies whose life have been ruined due to their own actions punish and deceive innocent young men but also manipulate those guys. Yeye

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Depe(f): 8:36am On Oct 05, 2016
Actually, wat ur wife did is very bad and its a thing dat can make it difficult for u to trust her, but pls find a place in ur heart to forgive for d sake of ur children. Consider other good things abt her and overlook d age, since age its jst a number.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by ghostmist: 9:18am On Oct 05, 2016
banio:
Men marry with the mind of looking out and eventually getting a divorce. Women marry to love and to live their years with their husband and children.
Op please forgive your wife.
yet women file for divorce 70% of the time??

tell yourself the truth.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Sunny360: 11:23am On Oct 05, 2016
Without taking sides, there is a very high likelihood that the "mistake" was committed by the School.

I know of a relative's WAEC result that was actually written wrongly and given 3 years older than the ACTUAL Date of Birth. Worse still, the month of birth differed from the ones on her other docs.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Ranchhoddas: 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2016
naijafeminist:

But at Kat let your deviation be valid. What is the feminism here?
Funny you. You introduce a red herring, I introduce mine. It's as simple as mine.....Okay, back to the matter...If God were to ask weigh in on the issue, I'd probably forgive her but I won't forget. My inability to forget will cause me to doubt her at every turn. I'd view her in perpetuity via the lens of this ''harmless'' lie. Trust is eroded, marriage is damaged forever.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by lawlahbammy(f): 6:56am On Oct 06, 2016
Chubhie:
LOL! I receive it again and again.
May you find favour between God and man FOC.
Do have a very wonderful day milady.
Amen.... Thank you sir.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by DukeNija(m): 10:01am On Oct 06, 2016
Amelian:

My dear, everybody lies one way or the other.. If she looks that old he wouldn't have married her and stayed with her for 6years. Some men out there love and marry older women as wives. While some prefers younger. The op, will be amazed that if he divorce his wife today, somebody else will love and cater for her needs.. Have seen such scenario happen before, and the new person in this lady's life is now a younger guy, she's 42 and her fiance /benefactor is 36..and this guy is madly in love.. He takes care of her emotional and financial needs without blinking an eye.
So for the op, his own poison may end up becoming another man's cupcake.
Only him will come begging after some years.

I disagree with you. I know men who are not attracted to women older than them. I am one of those men. If i find out my wife is older than me, i will definitely cheat on her with a younger woman.
The woman should have given the man the option of deciding to go ahead or not with the marriage. Age is not something you joke with especially for women as it will definitely catchup with her someday. imagine her at 52 and the man at 46, or her at 56 and her husband at 50. Do you think that is a fair equation?
Im not in support of a divorce, but i honestly think deceit is a terrible thing in marriage.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by DukeNija(m): 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
Feanah:
Everything o ...I just can't see myself with a younger man,I can't.I think if we have kids sef,I'll have to be on anti-depressants because it'll so hard for me to come to terms with the fact that I put to birth for someone younger.Lol It's that bad,the mind can be very wicked,I know I'm taking it too far;even my friends keep saying it's not as bad as I think it is.But I'm just so into the age matter ,atleast the man should always be older,even if it's just a day.

I completely agree with you as im also on the same page. Some people just cant overlook the age difference thingy and thats what majority of the people here do not understand. I cannot marry an older woman. If the OP is just like me, then there will be a very very big problem.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Feanah(f): 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2016
DukeNija:

I completely agree with you as im also on the same page. Some people just cant overlook the age difference thingy and thats what majority of the people here do not understand. I cannot marry an older woman. If the OP is just like me, then there will be a very very big problem.
Exactly,that's what they failed to understand.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by bolaji73(m): 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
dollyjoy:
You want to divorce a legally married woman who has risked her life to make you a man because of age issues? Nigga you are bluffing!!

Your stance would have been understandable if the affair is just a b.fr and g.fr thing.
Good afternoon ma. don't know if you still remember me. we chatted about a week ago regarding data subscription in which we didn't reach an agreement .would have message you but I've changed my phone, hence, I couldn't locate your number.will be excepting

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by maggilove(f): 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
Lathunjimi:
You re a wise Woman unlike some 21st-century-girls and may you continue to grow in wisdom.
Amen,thanks I appreciate your compliment.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by chipower: 5:39am On Apr 18, 2017
Many women lie about their age. When you discover it, they will start quoting the Bible. Did the Bible tell you to lie. The wife of a friend of mine did the same thing to him. You can't cement a relationship with lies. I didn't i advice my friend to keep the marriage or to divorce her. I told him to do what his mind tells him to do. The guy would not have entered the marriage had he known the true age of the woman. This is a serious betrayal. l personally don't like older women and so does my friend. Some women support this kind of thing because many of them are guilty of the same act. God can never punish the man if he quits the marriage.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Cherie69: 6:53pm On May 03, 2017
The sch might have made the mistake but if it's true that she actually lied then it's bad. Op has the right to b angry,lying ur way into a man's life will not give ur marriage peace. I will not support the Feminist this Time though I'm a woman. Forgive her, don't divorce her.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by BigBashiru: 8:02am On Mar 26, 2022

I understand. But, she lied about her AGE! I've heard about someone who didn't tell a guy about her HIV status till they got married. And, one who didn't tell a guy she was infertile, till they got married.

These are more grievous than lying about her AGE.

It's just as grievous or even worse than his status....

Girls hv "good years"...

She deceived him she had many good years left....

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Photos Of A Father And His Five Pretty Daughters / Man Discovers His 4 Children Aren't His Via Compulsory DNA Test At US Embassy / The Top 10 Youngest Mothers In History And Their Ages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.