Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard (46148 Views)

Restructuring Nigeria :Sultan Joins Debate - Vanguard Photo / Mr. Peter Obi's Speech: Is He Championing A Revolution? / Edo 2016: How Ize-iyamu Shone At Debate-Vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Call07034780891: 8:46am On Oct 02, 2016
Why are you such an ugly b.astard? What's your business with Anambra? Why not take out time and ask for good governance in your Abia state? Stop messing up yourself over what you don't know. Kindly go and discuss TA Orji and Okezie..

[s]
Africonji:

You can only bamboozle those that don't know what is happening. I don't hate Obiano, I am just stating facts. All the Obiano projects you are talking about only indebted Anambra further. Why? Obviously because he has already squandered and mismanaged what Okwute left behind.

http://authorityngr.com/2015/11/-Obiano-punishing-citizens-that-gave-him-mandate-/

If not, please tell me why he went ahead to borrow 10-billion to complete projects? How much will Obiano leave for his own successor? Have you asked yourself that? How much debt has he added to the debt profile of the state? These are the issues, not online propaganda.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by arewafederation: 8:47am On Oct 02, 2016
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by arewafederation: 8:50am On Oct 02, 2016
Call07034780891:
Why are such an ugly b.astard? What's your business with Anambra? Why not take out time and ask for good governance in your Abia state. Stop messing up yourself over what you don't know. Kindly go and discuss TA Orji and Okezie..

[s][/s]

You see your life? Even your fellow Igbo you no leave. You keep spewing trash.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Seun360(m): 8:51am On Oct 02, 2016
Na people like Peter Obi suppose lead this country.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 02, 2016
Eye-opening speech.
Buhari should us the man maybe as an influential member of the Finance Ministry's Efficiency unit.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Africonji: 8:52am On Oct 02, 2016
Call07034780891:
Why are you such an ugly b.astard? What's your business with Anambra? Why not take out time and ask for good governance in your Abia state? Stop messing up yourself over what you don't know. Kindly go and discuss TA Orji and Okezie..

[s][/s]

Chino biko stop this. Igbos are one. Just because I am from Abia state does not mean I shouldn't know what is happening in other parts of Igboland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by asha9: 8:55am On Oct 02, 2016
Forget about this oneness nonsense and ask for good governance in Abia state.

[s]
Africonji:

Chino biko stop this. Igbos are one. Just because I am from Abia state does not mean I shouldn't know what is happening in other parts of Igboland.
[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Edum13656: 8:57am On Oct 02, 2016
real words of wisdom 'public wealth enriches everybody, individual wealth empoverishes everybody ' Dr Peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by engrdubem(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2016
Africonji:

Look here, I don't hate Obiano. I am just stating the facts. Peter Obi is the reason why Obiano had so much money to play around with and everybody is thinking he is a miracle-worker, nwanne you and I know that is the truth. As for my state, OVI would have done even more better than Obiano if he had that kind of money left for him by his predecessor. But even with that, Abia is getting better, and you know it.

Wailers........be consoling yourself you hear.........Abia is suffering from leadership delinquency.....
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by CSTR2: 9:04am On Oct 02, 2016
Who are these people always soiling good threads with their useless eastern states politics.?
Your states are all shitty. Grow a brain.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Mykelpato(m): 9:07am On Oct 02, 2016
Peter Obi (Okwute) my role model

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by steppin: 9:07am On Oct 02, 2016
CSTR2:
Who are these people always soiling good threads with their useless eastern states politics.?
Your states are all shitty. Grow a brain.
They've noticed you, you can go now.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by ceeethru(m): 9:11am On Oct 02, 2016
I watched the event live, and at the end I told my wife that this man, Peter Obi is the kind of person President Buhari should appoint as a special adviser. She asked me whether he is an APC member, I said no. And she said that Buhari can't appoint him because his party will not allow that. And my response was that to me it shouldn't matter what party one belongs to, rather if we see somebody that can help make a difference in government, he should be brought on board. Please let Femi Adesina or Lai Mohammed get that video for President Buhari to watch and decide. I think somebody like Peter Obi is needed in his government at this crucial time in Nigeria's polity.

15 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by lordyugo: 9:14am On Oct 02, 2016
Africonji:

Look here, I don't hate Obiano. I am just stating the facts. Peter Obi is the reason why Obiano had so much money to play around with and everybody is thinking he is a miracle-worker, nwanne you and I know that is the truth. As for my state, OVI would have done even more better than Obiano if he had that kind of money left for him by his predecessor. But even with that, Abia is getting better, and you know it.

abia is getn better" really cracked me up ,how did u keep a straight face wen u typed dat, u must really be gud at poker. Most of my best frnds are frm abia wit million naira investments nd am sure they would really take exception to ur statements
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Eliteklaus(m): 9:15am On Oct 02, 2016
ifeanyi and obi, Igbo boy to d core
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by whiskystan: 9:21am On Oct 02, 2016
No doubt Peter Obi is a good leader but u can't compare and contrast his 8 years of leadership with that of Obiano's barely 2+ years as Governor. So far obaino has a great vision ƒøя the state and within this Little time he has made it manifest. Plus obi saved more cause of the good state of the economy then. Obi didn't generate internal revenue to compare with obiano. His governance was based on what federal government brings into the state. But now that the country is in a bad shape u use less to run. Obiano will be a greater leader in 8 years than Obi. But thank God both came from same state. Great leaders all the same.

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by zanebaddo(m): 9:30am On Oct 02, 2016
azimibraun:
GEJ is the reason why Buhari is suffering so much agreed? If only GEJ understudied Peter Obi Nigeria would not have been in this mad state of hardship.
buhari is suffering Lol
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by badttrader(m): 9:30am On Oct 02, 2016
malele:

Burt GEJ left over 35billion dollars for buhari naa.
Even OBJ confirmed it

35billion dollars in foreign reserves, yes! Not for buhari to spend but for you, so that you can buy that swiss wristwatch off amazon online store; since you love imported goods better than local products.

Besides, Yaradua left far more than that amount in foreign reserves. Instead of growing it, he ended up depleting it by almost 50%.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by afanide: 9:32am On Oct 02, 2016
So where the Money day na
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by badttrader(m): 9:35am On Oct 02, 2016
raker300:
the 3 flyovers in awka cost more than 75 billion. We've not added the Completrd Onitsha mall and the ongoing awka and nnnewi malls with the massive road projects in anambra.

I love Peter Obi but Obiano is 2x better than him

State governments have little or no hand in building malls. Malls are purely private investments. No talk that thing outside again.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Olaposiwaju: 9:38am On Oct 02, 2016
globe16:
Talk is cheap, peter obi performed woefully as governor, Governors like Akpabio, Chime and even obiano who were spendthrifts according to obi performed or are performing far better than him.. Obi should spare us his sermons after enriching himself with Anambra money and building houses and malls all over Nigeria

You don't need to tear down Peter Obi's achievements in order to praise Obiano. The important thing is that Anambra is moving forward at a very fast rate. You cannot condemn the substructure (foundation) of a building only to start saying the superstructure is excellent. Did you watch or listen to the speech at all? He mentioned four key areas of his administrations achievements, savings through cutting of cost, education, MDGs and creating access (road). He also came with a lot of facts and figures making it easy to verify or debunk. While he is not a perfect human being like you and I, if what he said is true, then my respect and regard for him sky rocketed after watching the speech. Lets not loose the objective of it all, cost of governance was and he reduced it, not diverting the money but saving it for another who you do not know what he intends to use the money for.

Lastly, I lived in Akwa Ibom for 5 years and the best part of my trip through the south east was always when we journeyed through Anambra because of the good roads (and this was mostly during Peter Obi's tenure). Once we leave Anambra, na full body massage till I reach Akwa Ibom.

18 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by ojialo(m): 9:38am On Oct 02, 2016
Africonji:

the money government generated from various markets in the state on monthly basis is enough to pay salaries so stop this your brouhaha

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by iykedonp: 9:44am On Oct 02, 2016
The mode of generating that Internal Revenue is what most of Anambrarians are suffering. How can you approve a tax increment of more than 300% for business men operating in shops. Formerly 3000 was used to pay and Obiano increased it to 12,000 naira. The margin is too much.
States like Akwa ibom have so much money to play around, what are they doing with it, its already three years now and you are still holding unto a phantom 75 billion that obiano has denied. Just quit the hate and accept obiano is a performer. Obiano will turn Abia around if he finds himself in Abia today.. This is a man that raised Anambra IGR from the 500m he met it to 1billion in 6 months..[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 02, 2016
raker300:
the 3 flyovers in awka cost more than 75 billion. We've not added the Completrd Onitsha mall and the ongoing awka and nnnewi malls with the massive road projects in anambra.

I love Peter Obi but Obiano is 2x better than him
those flyovers where built at 6 billion each a total of about 18 billion.while I doff my cap for obiano,I think it isn't fair to say he is 2x better than obi.if obi didn't save or lay in place modalities for obiano to stand on,obiano wouldn't have achieved what he has done.government is progressive, just look at Lagos from tinubu to ambode ,Lagos would only get better the same with anambra.obi has set a precedence, obiano is improving the narrative and God willing, the next government in about 6 years would even do better.

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Feraz(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2016
Olaposiwaju:

You don't need to tear down Peter Obi's achievements in order to praise Obiano. The important thing is that Anambra is moving forward at a very fast rate. You cannot condemn the substructure (foundation) of a building only to start saying the superstructure is excellent. Did you watch or listen to the speech at all? He mentioned four key areas of his administrations achievements, savings through cutting of cost, education, MDGs and creating access (road). He also came with a lot of facts and figures making it easy to verify or debunk. While he is not a perfect human being like you and I, if what he said is true, then my respect and regard for him sky rocketed after watching the speech. Lets not loose the objective of it all, cost of governance was and he reduced it, not diverting the money but saving it for another who you do not know what he intends to use the money for.

Lastly, I lived in Akwa Ibom for 5 years and the best part of my trip through the south east was always when we journeyed through Anambra because of the good roads (and this was mostly during Peter Obi's tenure). Once we leave Anambra, na full body massage till I reach Akwa Ibom.
When he was mentioning the billions people wanted to use, he realised he could cut it down. I was especially thrilled when he made mention of the fact that they wanted to bring furniture from Lagos for him but he refused saying to give it to a local carpenter to make; then you talk of how he realised frivolous trips with aides totalling about #30m of which had no benefit could be cut down, also about how he reduced his convoy and stopped dispatch riders which in turn reduced the amount spent for fuelling; the shutting down of governor's lodges in various states, the not building of presidential lodge in Anambra which cost about #500m; the hilarious one of visiting the big men of Anambra state as he said he does not have what it takes to entertain them. He really exposed the wastes in government and you can imagine how much he said states can save from about #5.x trn. He really said a lot. People really need to watch what he said and they will ask their state governors questions.

ceeethru:
I watched the event live, and at the end I told my wife that this man, Peter Obi is the kind of person President Buhari should appoint as a special adviser. She asked me whether he is an APC member, I said no. And she said that Buhari can't appoint him because his party will not allow that. And my response was that to me it shouldn't matter what party one belongs to, rather if we see somebody that can help make a difference in government, he should be brought on board. Please let Femi Adesina or Lai Mohammed get that video for President Buhari to watch and decide. I think somebody like Peter Obi is needed in his government at this crucial time in Nigeria's polity.
And to think he said he was impeached twice for not sharing money . . . .

The man na really aka-gum. . . grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by vigasimple(m): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2016
Nature129:

After seeing that video my respect for Peter Obi snowballed. That speech was inspiring to say the least.
The part that touched me the most was when he said that if he leaves a hotel room of 30k per night to sleep in one of 250k per night he would lose sleep because he would feel he had been robbed.
Frankly speaking, this is something I can relate to.

Peter Obi is an Igbo man to the core who are passionate about private wealth ( make more money spend little)and the statement about public wealth building change his life and thinking.

Dealing with westerners break things down in a simplistic manner.

To me, everything is simple but we deliberately complicate it to confuse others and in the process we confuse ourselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Prince081: 10:03am On Oct 02, 2016
My mentor and role model.
I want to be like you when I grow up.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by LastProphet: 10:04am On Oct 02, 2016
Opharhe:
Peter Obi is a man I so much admire. He knows the value of money and how to put it into good use. I will like to see him as President one day. Refined and hardworking men like this man here, Donald Duke etc are the kinds of people that should be running this country.

God help us.

if the south south had brought som1 like duke instead of GEJ there is no way buhari would have been president today

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by chigoizie7(m): 10:06am On Oct 02, 2016
Nature129:

After seeing that video my respect for Peter Obi snowballed. That speech was inspiring to say the least.
The part that touched me the most was when he said that if he leaves a hotel room of 30k per night to sleep in one of 250k per night he would lose sleep because he would feel he had been robbed.
Frankly speaking, this is something I can relate to.

Na igbo man mindset.

They hate being cheated ot tagged a "mugu".

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Olisamarvis: 10:15am On Oct 02, 2016
If it comes to men of Valor in Nigeria politics, I give it to Mr Peter Obi, Donald Duke, And Gov Fashola. These are men that should be at the helm of affairs in this country. A very salient point he raised that got me thinking was when he said that If Bill gates or Mark Zuckerberg was in Nigeria, that they would not have succeeded. And then he proceeded to ask this important question. Unlike the Banks in the western world, 'which gave these individuals loans to succeed in their enterprises, ' which bank in Nigeria would give loan to an individual based on an individuals' intellectual capacity?. None!. Again, today Nigeria is borrowing. If Buhari can borrow a leaf from his speech, believe me. There would be no need for that in the first place. Anambra is among the 10 lowest states in terms of money allocated from the federal pocket, but this man achieved all he did in my state and more, set a foundation for his predecessor and even saved for the rainy days! Mr Peter Obi, I doff my hat for u.

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Gentlesoul96(m): 10:18am On Oct 02, 2016
I watched the program yesterday.... I wonder y we don't make this man to b our president then instead of Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Mopolchi: 10:19am On Oct 02, 2016
I initially thought Peter Obi was a fraud but with recent happening in the state, I now think that he was the best governor my state has got in a while. Governor Obiano needs to deliver; many are now fed up with his extravagance and debauchery saying "o gini ka mmadu jiri isi ya were kote". He should start working since he has been walking.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Buhari, Saraki Peace Deal Collapsed / El-rufai’s Coup, Aisha The ‘star Girl’, Abeokuta Outburst — How Tinubu Won / Buhari In Ekiti For APC Mega Rally (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.