Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker (9662 Views)

Muslim Youths Kick Against Fayose's Christmas Clothes To Children / Women Group Protests Against Fayose In Abuja - Pictures / Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by Remsilla(m): 5:27am On Oct 02, 2016
THE Chairman, House Committee on Information, Ekiti State House of Assembly, Hon. Gboyega Aribisogan, has debunked insinuations that some perceived enemies of Governor Ayodele Fayose within the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) were ganging up with some lawmakers to impeach the governor.

Addressing a press conference in Ado Ekiti, Aribisogan said those peddling the rumour were not only plotting to divide the Assembly, but have also begun desperate moves for the 2019 elections.

The Deputy Speaker, Hon. Segun Adewumi and Aribisogan had narrowly escaped impeachment and subsequent suspension last Tuesday for allegedly hobnobbing with Senator Buruji Kashamu, Presidential Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Political Matters, Senator Babafemi Ojudu, and an eminent lawyer, Femi Falana.

They were also accused of fraternising with the embattled ex-PDP secretary in the state, Dr. Tope Aluko; a former PDP chieftain and now All Progressives Congress, APC stalwart, Yinka Akerele, with the intention to pull down Fayose’s government.
Although Adewumi and Aribisogan, representing Ekiti West and Ikole constituencies 1 respectively, had escaped being suspended over the allegations, a source in the Assembly confided in journalists that members were still plotting to suspend the lawmakers.

Aribisogan has, however, denied ever holding any meeting with Senator Buruji and other suspected enemies of the government, saying he would never betray the confidence reposed in him by Fayose.
He said: “Let me put it on record here, that except the time I accompanied Governor Fayose to Buruji in 2014, and recently when I met him in company with the governor, I never had any personal dealing with him.

“For Falana and Ojudu, I have been a major critic of their roles in Ekiti project and they can never in their wildest imaginations invite me to any clandestine meeting and they are all alive to corroborate or deny the claims.

“I am a steadfast and major critical stakeholder in Fayose’s emergence as governor of Ekiti right from the primaries. I have repeatedly spoken about my absolute belief and commitment in the government of Fayose and its policies, even at most difficult times and I can’t be a sellout at this time when the battle is presumed to have been won.”

Aribisogan added: “On the other side, a particular lawmaker in the House was plotting to undermine Ikole constituency ahead of the 2019 elections and he was behind the gossip, blackmail and intrigues in the House to cause a serious rift between me and the governor. I hereby reiterate and reaffirm my commitment and loyalty to Governor Fayose and the government of Ekiti State.”

Source:http://sunnewsonline.com/count-me-out-of-alleged-impeachment-plot-against-fayose-ekiti-lawmaker/

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by agwom(m): 5:37am On Oct 02, 2016
fear...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by martineinstein(m): 8:29am On Oct 02, 2016
pls dont impeach him...biko nu

let him complete his foolishness in a reckless manner

11 Likes

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by oluwaseunhere: 8:30am On Oct 02, 2016
I am no more the leader of tomorrow. I am a leader of today
Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by Mujaheeeden: 8:30am On Oct 02, 2016
Fayose has come to stay so Buhari should live with it

4 Likes

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by allanphash7(m): 8:31am On Oct 02, 2016
And whats my fvucking business with Ekiti thug

CRAP !!!!

4 Likes

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by Mujaheeeden: 8:31am On Oct 02, 2016
martineinstein:
pls dont impeach him...biko nu

let him complete his foolishness in a reckless manner
Fayose stupidity is Buhari wisdom

19 Likes

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by yrret: 8:32am On Oct 02, 2016
Why the impeachment considering the quagmire and havoc we now find our life swimming in.

Fayose might have erred in some ways, but does not mean he's the only bad egg we have. He's really acting like an opposition and that suit the democracy we claim to practice.

Criticism is only a medium to improve and not to kill the critic. This threat of planning to sack, liquidize his office should be an old story by now.

In respective of his general talk show, he should be allowed to serve his people, afteral is just few years to his tenure tail.

Why the Hunt?

2 Likes

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by EMMYLBANKS(m): 8:35am On Oct 02, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
its a pity the both are foolish
Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by Sleekbabz(m): 8:37am On Oct 02, 2016
I really don't know when politics became the direct opposite of humanity
So if you belong to one political party, you must not be seen talking to a member of another political party
Smh for Nigerians and hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by Max24: 9:02am On Oct 02, 2016
Falana again!!! And he called himself a democrat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by Young03(m): 9:04am On Oct 02, 2016
fayose the peoples governor

3 Likes

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by Justiyke4u: 9:05am On Oct 02, 2016
Gengen Gengen Gengen
Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by kolnel: 9:06am On Oct 02, 2016
Only time will tell
Naija politicians have their brain in their tummy

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by desmont004: 9:39am On Oct 02, 2016
Impeaching him doesnt solve d problem, remember he was impeached bfor running again and he won. So, if u impeach him, he will definitely come back mayb under another party and win, d more u slander him, d more his popularity

4 Likes

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by SIRKOL(m): 10:08am On Oct 02, 2016
da

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by morbeta(m): 10:31am On Oct 02, 2016
I said earlier that here is already a fast spreading cancer in Fayoshe's government. We will all see it at chemotherapy stage.

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by Moneybook: 10:45am On Oct 02, 2016
Kolewerk
Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by babdap: 11:00am On Oct 02, 2016
Our Eastern brothers are awaiting for him to govern them

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by ychris: 11:06am On Oct 02, 2016
This thread has lasted for some hours now still people havent made a full page comments.Recession everywhere!
Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by limeta(f): 11:11am On Oct 02, 2016
Nothing will happen
Fayose is on the right track

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by MAXIMAL123(m): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2016
limeta:
Nothing will happen
Fayose is on the right track
Hummmmm

Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by limeta(f): 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
MAXIMAL123:

Hummmmm

Why you be like this now
Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by zurine(f): 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
`
WHO DARES HIM
Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by wunmi590(m): 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by Jossy4luv1(m): 2:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
May God guide our leaders right to do the things that will uplift the masses from poverty.

Nigerians are the main problem, we hardly pray for our leaders, we only make it worse by cursing them. Also, the political class has seen the masses as those they can toy with, the masses are not united, the masses ought to unitedly support good leaders and advise those not doing well to do good but all what the masses do is to support those doing the wrong thing once it is the person in their party and these people don't know them, they only make life more miserable for the masses.

PRAY FOR OUR LEADERS AND LET US BE UNITED, NOT USING POLITICAL PARTY AS THE BASIS OF SUPPORTING SOMEONE
Re: Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker by DaniDani(m): 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
hahahahahaha. the truth is that Fayose's foolishness is far better than Buhari's wisdom

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Okowa Government, House Of Assembly In A Multi-Billion Naira Scandal / I Don’t Respond To Foolishness, Oritsejafor Replies Buhari / We Must Do Everything Within Our Powers To End Insecurity, President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.