Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,726 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie (35901 Views)

Download Full Movie: A Trip To Jamaica | By Ay, Funkeā€¦ / AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days / AY's A "Trip To Jamaica" Movie Premiere (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by pedrilo: 8:59am On Oct 09, 2016
The level of hate this period is unprecedented, even in my office! Economic recession and buhari Era dealt a huge blow to our comedy industry as it becomes even more difficult to laff or find things funny dis period because things are not funny really!
(Pull Him Down) PhD holders everywhere!
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by lucarella: 9:02am On Oct 09, 2016
queenfav:
The moment i heard about this movie some months ago, i mentally rated it a "must-watch" movie.To be honest,i dunno which is more worse between this and Bovi's "its her day" movie.

I really had high hopes about this movie (come on,its a sequel to AY's 30 days to Atlanta).First of all,Olamide's performance in the first scene was disgraceful to say the least.His lip sync of his Shakitibobo song was off key,left me wondering if he had any real musical talent.

How do i put this nicely?What the hell,I'd just say it,the movie was an EPIC FAIL.Ay should have stuck with the success he recorded with 30 days in Atlanta.Damn,how hard would it be to leave when the ovation is loudest?

The movie is one which offered me two moments of laughter, when I should have been losing count. Sadly, the anticipated comedy movie has lots of jokes falling flat - jokes that make it unexciting to watch.

Watching "A Trip to Jamaica" was like sitting through a boring reunion where you find everyone and everything annoying, but still sit through, hoping to find a connect.(I had to o,afterall i paid na). Unfortunately, the connection didn't come. Not from the cast, not from the story, and certainly not from the few funny scenes!

I'd say the comedy didn't come naturally for the characters at all. Even Funke Akindele wasn't any better than AY.The movie is below par because they were basically trying too hard to amuse the audience (and you know how that ends...Disaster).

Again,the sound quality was really poor.I could barely hear most of the conversations,while some scenes were too loud.The patoranking and Cynthia morgan scenes were not even close to funny or necessary in my opinion.

When the movie ended,i was relieved,like how did i sit through this?I thought AY would surpass my expectations considering the success of his earlier movie.

If you loved "30 Days to Atlanta,' you would definitely find "A Trip to Jamaica" less interesting!

NB:These are my thoughts on the movie,you may like it afterall.

Oh my days! That Trip to Jamaica was a complete disaster! Bovi's it's her day was alot better. I mean. The guys were trying to hard to make us laugh. WTF?? It almost felt like they were in a rush to produce the movie. It looked like it was shot in 3 days.

Coupled with the bizzare and annoyingly obvious product placements. Na so oyinbo dey do am? Complete #shit

5 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by martineinstein(m): 9:03am On Oct 09, 2016
mulattoclaroo:
Saw the movie and I must admit, it wasn't as good as 30days in Atlanta. Not a fan of African movies though but I felt AY could have done better and can still do better. Watched the movie with my wife whom happens to be a very big lover of Nollywood movies and she even complained about it. The OP is not in anyway negatively criticizing AY but constructively criticizing him. Even Hollywood is not free from criticism. Criticism improves the handiwork of a person.
tell dem...they dont know that such criticism improves the quality of movies...though,AY is over-hyped

5 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 09, 2016
that's why I'm still waiting for our igbo boys to do what they're good at... how can i pay money to get bored? #itscalledsense

4 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by mrjojo: 9:10am On Oct 09, 2016
So what exactly is wrong with Nigerians and criticism?? Is it a must to like something?? I don't understand why people are been labeled haters for stating there opinion. Mediocre products will always be criticized, God knows nollywood need alot of it.

5 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by esosuo2: 9:11am On Oct 09, 2016
Okuda:

Lol. How could 30days in Atlanta be funny? Thats the worst nigeria. Movie of all times. I had to keep quiet because everybody who i told thought i had a problem so it was me against the world. You know how that turns out
Lol baba dos u told are actually right oh , that movie we not be interesting only to does hu not understand english and can not relate to b slags used , that movie is tha bomb
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by CovertD(m): 9:13am On Oct 09, 2016
Godshand:

No Sir. I don't know what "review" means but i know and i am certain this is a "negative review" of somebody's investment/source of income.

Dude, you use your "investment/source of income" to make a bad poorly scripted movie, and you expect a good review?? Are you high?

10 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by dcolumbus001: 9:13am On Oct 09, 2016
not surprise at all, even the trailer was a poo. its only the oyibo on bikini walking away from the beach I could see

Ay has been overrated since 18AD

6 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by AngelAhnie(f): 9:13am On Oct 09, 2016
esosuo2:

I will oh, you already in church i kw
Yeah.. Pray for me. I will pray for you too.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by esosuo2: 9:15am On Oct 09, 2016
Precel1:
that's why I'm still waiting for our igbo boys to do what they're good at... how can i pay money to get bored? #itscalledsense
Lol meaning u go wait long on ay na bad guy For that matter b4 30 days enter c.d he made sure cinema view pay wella ist and up till now u can download a complete one online sef
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by dcolumbus001: 9:17am On Oct 09, 2016
Precel1:
same here, those guys provide at the rate of #100 can't waste my 1k

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by esosuo2: 9:17am On Oct 09, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Yeah.. Pray for me. I will pray for you too.
Dats good , oya off dat fone and focus b4 pastor use u do example of pipo wen devil dey distract lol
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by CovertD(m): 9:18am On Oct 09, 2016
pedrilo:
The level of hate this period is unprecedented, even in my office! Economic recession and buhari Era dealt a huge blow to our comedy industry as it becomes even more difficult to laff or find things funny dis period because things are not funny really!
(Pull Him Down) PhD holders everywhere!

If your sh!t is sh!t, then sh!t is what I'll call it, irrespective of the economy. And this movie was the epitome of sh!ttyness. And yes, all the puns were totally intended.

6 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by LorDBolton(m): 9:22am On Oct 09, 2016
After watching that crap called 30days in Atlanta why in hell will I watch another AY film?

The beginning-middle-end of that movie was disjointed and unreasonable even AY speaking pidgin seemed "forced" like a foreigner speaking pidgin(didnt seem natural)

Pls give kudos to nkem owoh(osuofia in london) 30Days in Atlanta was another attempt(failed attempt) by a nigerian to match that movie.

7 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by DBlackCeazer(m): 9:30am On Oct 09, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
Ain't seeing that shii for nuff'. Learnt my lessons from 30 Days in Atlanta

My sister, that Ay is being overrated. Just like Bishop; Okon or whatever his name is, dude has never been funny. Maybe I just don't find him funny. Maybe
Ay, Bishop and Funke Akindele are all overrated, I don't find them funny at all.

2 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by chival(f): 9:42am On Oct 09, 2016
queenfav:
The moment i heard about this movie some months ago, i mentally rated it a "must-watch" movie.To be honest,i dunno which is more worse between this and Bovi's "its her day" movie.

I really had high hopes about this movie (come on,its a sequel to AY's 30 days to Atlanta).First of all,Olamide's performance in the first scene was disgraceful to say the least.His lip sync of his Shakitibobo song was off key,left me wondering if he had any real musical talent.

How do i put this nicely?What the hell,I'd just say it,the movie was an EPIC FAIL.Ay should have stuck with the success he recorded with 30 days in Atlanta.Damn,how hard would it be to leave when the ovation is loudest?

The movie is one which offered me two moments of laughter, when I should have been losing count. Sadly, the anticipated comedy movie has lots of jokes falling flat - jokes that make it unexciting to watch.

Watching "A Trip to Jamaica" was like sitting through a boring reunion where you find everyone and everything annoying, but still sit through, hoping to find a connect.(I had to o,afterall i paid na). Unfortunately, the connection didn't come. Not from the cast, not from the story, and certainly not from the few funny scenes!

I'd say the comedy didn't come naturally for the characters at all. Even Funke Akindele wasn't any better than AY.The movie is below par because they were basically trying too hard to amuse the audience (and you know how that ends...Disaster).

Again,the sound quality was really poor.I could barely hear most of the conversations,while some scenes were too loud.The patoranking and Cynthia morgan scenes were not even close to funny or necessary in my opinion.

When the movie ended,i was relieved,like how did i sit through this?I thought AY would surpass my expectations considering the success of his earlier movie.

If you loved "30 Days to Atlanta,' you would definitely find "A Trip to Jamaica" less interesting!

30 Days in Atlanta was by no means a success. It is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

3 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by chival(f): 9:45am On Oct 09, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
Ain't seeing that shii for nuff'. Learnt my lessons from 30 Days in Atlanta

My sister, that Ay is being overrated. Just like Bishop; Okon or whatever his name is, dude has never been funny. Maybe I just don't find him funny. Maybe

I actually find that Bishop guy annoying.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Codyt(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2016
Marcelinho:
shocked
I watched this movie recently... The one with the deaf woman right?
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by PastorAji(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2016
You are talking as if you know wetin dey happen.

If MetaCritic.com and RottenTomatoes.com handle that film for you, you will know that reacting here on Nairaland will be a child's play
9jaBloke:
I'm not exactly a fan of Ay's movies but I don't think it's fair to put this on the front page of a forum as big as nairaland. This is just one person's opinion and putting it up here could mar the financial success of the movie. #justsaying

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by willibounce1(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2016
hottathanfire:
Some of us are thinkers, I can relate with what the babe feels but some people will still find it interesting.
What makes some people laugh a silly so called jokes of clowns like Bishop Umeh, mr patrick etc calling themselves comedians still baffles me cos their act are so Silly that it can't pass for comedy lailai

Bros you no lie at all. I guess it's differ people with different sense of humour. Some so called comedians suppose dey sell gala for traffic.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by chival(f): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2016
Godshand:

No Sir. I don't know what "review" means but i know and i am certain this is a "negative review" of somebody's investment/source of income.

Really? So if you are sold a bad product, you buy it happily because you don't want to ruin someone 's income?

6 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by chival(f): 10:01am On Oct 09, 2016
PastorAji:
You are talking as if you know wetin dey happen.

If MetaCritic.com and RottenTomatoes.com handle that film for you, you will know that reacting here on Nairaland will be a child's play

I tell you. Nigerians would rather have lip service than the truth and therein lies the problem. If this guy is told the truth bluntly, it will help him concentrate his energies on something more worthwhile or better yet, just fund a movie and let the experts produce it.

5 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by willibounce1(m): 10:02am On Oct 09, 2016
9jaBloke:
I'm not exactly a fan of Ay's movies but I don't think it's fair to put this on the front page of a forum as big as nairaland. This is just one person's opinion and putting it up here could mar the financial success of the movie. #justsaying

Oga it is not just one person's opinion...many people share the same opinion. Ay is dry AF... his movies are crap and he over acts. Even his comedy na over sabi. Let him stick to organising shows and making money. Ordinary to pose for photograph, e go serious like who wan write WAEC.

Funny thing is most of the people close to him know his movies are dumb but how do you expect them to tell him without him thinking that they are envious of him. That's the typical naija reasoning... they'll call you hater when you tell the truth.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by willibounce1(m): 10:06am On Oct 09, 2016
jide219:
Op u re mad for wondering if olamide has any musical talent and secondly a trip to Jamaica was off the hook

Read properly and understand.... look before you leap

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 09, 2016
queenfav:
That's what i told my colleagues,the movie is quite remarkable.

Opinion is everything...the same 93 days people say is awesome, I saw the movie and didn't like anything about it...I love 30 days in Atlanta and A trip to Jamaica.

I rest my case.
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Lionsclaw: 10:12am On Oct 09, 2016
queenfav:

I know you are basket mouth stop hating AY grin
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by demsid(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2016
iomoge2:

93days on my mind

I didn't enjoy 30days in Atlanta so no a trip 2 jamo 4 me
abeg i go like watch 93days, who do am. where I fit download am
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2016
Lagusta:
I didn't find 30 days in Atlanta amusing, so why would I watch a sequel when I know it would be the case of a frog and a toad arguing amongst themselves on who is prettier?
thank you!! grin grin
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by mulattoclaroo(m): 10:21am On Oct 09, 2016
martineinstein:
tell dem...they dont know that such criticism improves the quality of movies...though,AY is over-hyped
akpororo and Bovi are funnier than AY but AY just knows how to package himself.

2 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by gentlegenius(m): 10:29am On Oct 09, 2016
Agunechemba1:
The movie I wanted to go see today?

Op thanks for saving this 1k for me.

For saving your 1k in this Buhari era, you just have to thank the OP again.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 09, 2016
joeace2020:

Nigerians have a very poor or should i say weird taste in comedy. You'll sit with them and watch an American comedy with funny innuendoes and real foolishness that will make u almost laugh your guts out and it is one Okon who acts like a deranged epileptic patient thats funny to them. I think we have too much people with virtually non-existent IQ in this country so movie producers make dumb stuffs for them.
I thought I was the only one. I don't find Funke Akindele( Jenifa) funny, Ay, Bishop, and some other stand up comedians are just to boring and dry with repeated jokes and plot. Well, Bro this is Nigeria where mediocrity sells above anything and it is celebrated.
I even think Emanuella from Mark Angel Comedy series is funnier than most Nigerian stand up comedians.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by 9jaBloke: 10:52am On Oct 09, 2016
willibounce1:

Oga it is not just one person's opinion...many people share the same opinion. Ay is dry AF... his movies are crap and he over acts. Even his comedy na over sabi. Let him stick to organising shows and making money. Ordinary to pose for photograph, e go serious like who wan write WAEC.

Funny thing is most of the people close to him know his movies are dumb but how do you expect them to tell him without him thinking that they are envious of him. That's the typical naija reasoning... they'll call you hater when you tell the truth.

Then the title should have read "our view". No further comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Vow Season 3 On Zee World 2019 / Khafi Faces Sack For Having Sex On Big Brother Naija - Sun UK / Watch Nigeria CHANNELS TV Online Live 24/7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.