Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? (29329 Views)

All Parents Do Read This. / How Did Our Parents 'do It', That We Never Caught Them While We Were Kids / What do Your Parents Do When A Movie Gets To A Sex Scene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:59am On Oct 04, 2016
Good contributions , more please
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:52pm On Oct 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Good contributions , more please

smiley
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2016
Still open

cc : lalasticlala , mynd44

Suffer not this thread to die wink
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 15, 2016
Exactly how i intend to raise those mofos whenever they come.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Kangol99(m): 1:45am On Oct 15, 2016
I will bring up my children in the way of the Lord.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Exponental(m): 1:54am On Oct 15, 2016
Sex education.... click like if you had it from your parents, click share if you got it from 'others'.
I agree with him cos knowledge is power.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by davidif: 1:58am On Oct 15, 2016
hahaha, some one who doesn't have kids yet telling people who have kids telling people how to raise kids?

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.
Charles Wadsworth
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 2:01am On Oct 15, 2016
Whatever religion you worship,let your kids love it genuinely.dont force it down their throat cos the first opportunity they get that will be the first thing they will get rid off.also children are pretty smart don't assume because they are young so they don't know anything ,avoid being intimate as much as possible in their presence.avoid even kisses both on lips and cheeks with your partner in their presence,to avoid stories that involve touches.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Bollinger(m): 2:10am On Oct 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Isn't that dangerous ? I think kids need to be protected from anything that can influence them negatively . They are very impressionable you know . Kids can be inquisitive too, you can tame their wild level of curiosity in a clever way .

Back in the day, yes you could. Today, with the kind of high speed information out there, there is no way to protect them anymore by censoring them. You have to let them know what's up from you else, someone else is going to give them that information in a way that will not be filtered. You think they don't know what pu. . . .sy, f. ..k, di.. . ck, b. ..tch means? Unless they don't go to school, or you don't have a computer or cable, then you can limit what they know. As soon as my kids could understand things, i sat them down and let them know that i know that they know these things. I tried to explain why they can't use curse words until they decide they want to when they turn 18, or engage is sexual activities. They already know. The best way is to manage how they use what they know.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 2:51am On Oct 15, 2016
It's very true. They (this generation's parents) will never learn. Good thing the present generation is slowly turning things around with their own growing children.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by mike85060: 2:55am On Oct 15, 2016
ok
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by princeonx: 3:05am On Oct 15, 2016
SirWere:

Why on earth would you even have assumed I hate God in the first place. I doubt his existence, plain and simple. I don't have emotional attachments to him.

In fact, if anything, I like the way the Godhead (Son, father, spirit) is represented in the testaments (mostly the corinths; Romans and thess).

I like the idea of eternal love and peace and moderation. I like the hope it proffers:......even though I think such hope is misplaced.

So please and please; I do not hate "God"; I'm simply skeptical about his existence.
From the above I believe you. I sound like you don't hate God for real but just confused which is Ok lol
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by ideology(m): 3:36am On Oct 15, 2016
Parenting 101 - for night walkers cheesy
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 4:31am On Oct 15, 2016
Mindfulness:

I don't think so. [b]No mother wanted to bring up a rap.ist or a serial killer [/b]and not every child can excel at mathematics or football. They are not a blank page when they come to this world and some of them have a stronger will than others.
At the bolded i agree with u.
But some parents fail to teach their children what moral is all about. No parent that did their job well that will end up raising a rap.ist.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by repogirl(f): 5:28am On Oct 15, 2016
I agree. You cannot shield your kids from everything, they will eventually go out and learn by themselves.

The best thing is to instill the right principles in them when they are young and it will remain with them.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by saintdennis(m): 5:36am On Oct 15, 2016
I'd rather protect my child than let him/her have knowledge of things that they can't handle.

One thing i'd protect majorly against are dumb friends! Chaii no matter the amount of good parenting a badt best friend can erode it.

The problem with the world is poverty... I know many young kids who face-2-face spoil, hw can parents be having sex @ night in same room with kids? U think say em go fit sleep when 'kpa! Kpa! Is going on?

Most spoilt kids in my time were the ghetto unsupervised kids, flat kids r always indoors, we saw weed smokers (colombians) are lowlives. Even in the university I didn't touch weed till 300lvl tho my friends kushed up... till today its once in a while.

Narcotics like t.m, codeine don't thrill me, yet my parents never sat me to open my eyes...they only exposed me to educative programs.

A mother who can watch telemundo novelas with her child is already a failure
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Ekeremgba(m): 6:27am On Oct 15, 2016
Yea agreed
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by ezechueze(m): 6:29am On Oct 15, 2016
OK
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by boyo123(m): 6:37am On Oct 15, 2016
everything in life has stages
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by nonjebose(m): 6:42am On Oct 15, 2016
You can not shield them from all the devices in the society. Don't just point out the downsides or evil in the society, it may create fear in them It is better to teach them the right principles of life, and they will sort themselves out, skillfully.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Btruth: 6:56am On Oct 15, 2016
I agreed. Especially with this computer age now, there's nothing you can hide away from them again. In fact, Google.com will teach any kids more better than their parents this days.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by instinct57vm(m): 7:20am On Oct 15, 2016
I'm not a religious person and as a matter of fact I'm not not a fan of "religion is the solution to evrytin mentality" of most Nigerians..
But concerning ur topic, religion does some trick..Firstly, make urslf approachable and visible to ur wards and most importantly ENGAGE DEM with religious activities consistently from Childhood. the chances of dem turning out 2 live a modest & disciplined life style is on the high side
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by rashylous(m): 7:20am On Oct 15, 2016
A beautiful car with a bad engine is hard to sell just like a beautiful girl with a bad character finds it hard to marry. So do your daughters a favour and teach them character. Don't let the maid do all the work. Let them help out or that maid will marry before her! Also, teach your kids to wait for God's timing and not be in rush to marry. If they marry because all their mates are marrying, will they also divorce because all their mates are divorcing? Finally, teach your kids to be practical with their wardrobe. People who follow fashion diligently are also romancing poverty diligently. Buy clothes you need, not the ones in fashion

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 15, 2016
Well, just try and be your child's best friend and all will go well by God's grace.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Eminembuz(m): 9:12am On Oct 15, 2016
joseph1832ng:
Oh I sure will. But I won't make the mistake of telling them the world is a beautiful without telling them it's also a bad place. It's nice to give them a heads up what they will face when the time comes...
I agree with you, cause you can't take the good without the bad. And its call NATURE.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by buchai: 9:42am On Oct 15, 2016
parents should not expose young minds too early because age comes with its own stages in life.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by LuvU2: 11:02am On Oct 15, 2016
joseph1832ng:
As far as I'm concerned, none!. What I believe in is raising your kids accordingly and equip them with the tools they need to survive, especially in a dangerous society like the one we live in.

It's a must my kids must learn self defence. I'm thinking karate...
Good, bt as far as so many reasonable men are concerned, there is the true nd pure religion
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Xtopher123(m): 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Do you agree ?

Absolutely Correct..

Most people that go astray were never educated about what lies ahead.. Whether Good or Bad

They get cold shoulders with words like "When you're Married you'll know.." "When the time comes you'll know"..
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by iRepNaija1: 12:54pm On Oct 15, 2016
I agree. The people who are saying I must shield them from certain things lack the creativity to explain what goes on in the world in a child friendly manner. Besides, if you don't make yourself an information resource for your children, if you don't show them you're approachable, they will end up finding that information from someone else.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lawyers Advise Women To Drop Maiden Name After Marriage / Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love / With ₦400 your wife can prepare soup that would last two days — Pastor says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.