Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? (29195 Views)

All Parents Do Read This. / How Did Our Parents 'do It', That We Never Caught Them While We Were Kids / What do Your Parents Do When A Movie Gets To A Sex Scene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2016
chisco82:

At the bolded i agree with u.
But some parents fail to teach their children what moral is all about. No parent that did their job well that will end up raising a rap.ist.

I know of a family with three sons. Two of them are very successful. One of them is a doctor and the other works for a multinational company making huge amounts of money. The last born is in jail. Same parents, same upbringing.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2016
Mindfulness:

I know of a family with three sons. Two of them are very successful. One of them is a doctor and the other works for a multinational company making huge amounts of money. The last born is in jail. Same parents, same upbringing.
I concur sha, he chooses the way to destruction.
But who knows, the parent may have their own fault like the over loving of the eldest or the youngest. Thus they fail to caution him when he start misbehaving.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2016
chisco82:

I concur sha, he chooses the way to destruction.
But who knows, the parent may have their own fault like the over loving of the eldest or the youngest. Thus they fail to caution him when he start misbehaving.

Every parent makes mistakes, they are human, but it doesn't all boil down to two parents doing their best or not. There are many other factors that influence how we turn out to be - grandparents, siblings, neighbours, classmates, teachers, pastors, the media, genetics and more.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Familyfirst: 8:06am On Oct 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Why don't you agree totally ?
Parenting has stages,parents are like driving instructors,there are times to hold the steering when your driving student watch,another time both of you will have to hold the steering together,then you need to allow the learner driver drive while you sit beside him and watch to guide,a time will come when you will need to get down from the car while the learners drive drives relying on what he had leant and road signs.
Parenting is like this,if you let go a Child at the wrong time,the Child will hurt himself,if you hold unto a Child when you suppose to let go,you will hurt your relationship with the child,so wisdom is needed. I think you should read this,it may help you: http://familyparliament.com/?post_type=thread&p=1680
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by jennlisa(f): 7:45am On Oct 17, 2016
Mindfulness:

One thing wrong with Nigerian parenting is the fact that parents discipline their children the same way , they feel the need to compare them with each other, every child is different, they learn differently, with different personalities , what worked for the first child might not work for the last , they need to listen to the child, that can't be hard na

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
jennlisa:

One thing wrong with Nigerian parenting is the fact that parents discipline their children the same way , they feel the need to compare them with each other, every child is different, they learn differently, with different personalities , what worked for the first child might not work for the last , they need to listen to the child, that can't be hard na

I agree. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Declares LG Marriage Certificates Illegal / Few Tips For Husbands Of Pregnant Women. / Folorunsho Alakija Appreciated For Helping Baby With Hole In His Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.