Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Adeboye And Others Are Thieves - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye And Others Are Thieves (5757 Views)

Folu Adeboye And Faith Oyedepo Pictured Together / Why Is Daddy Freeze Focused On Adeboye And Not TB Joshua? / Pastor Adeboye And His Wife At Tony Rapu's Wedding (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 10:12am On Oct 09, 2016
Walelavender:
This thread is incoherent and ludicrous. Spewing this gibberish amazes me. Nothing is going to stop this doctrine in the heart of those who have reliance and confidence in it.
Your effort in calling out Pas. E.A Adeboye and others is laughable and total waste of time.
The TRUTH can only make you free....
Ranting won't, OP grin
You could call it anything but that doesn't change the fact that I'm saying the truth.
Christians are the set of people that can be fooled because they're gullible.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Princewell2012(m): 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
kolaish:
Just saw your comments now as i entered. Good talk. We are all learning. But you talk about wooing the pharisee on tithing; In the context of that message, not that tithing was condemned but that they tithe and still not give their heart to God wholly. The fact that Jesus did not emphasize on tithing does not mean that tithing is wrong. Great men of God in the bible gave their tithes; from Abraham to Jacob and others. If we look at it very well, who owns us and all our substance and who gave us the power to be rich (God). It is unfortunate that pastors of this day misuse it for their own selfish interest, tithes are meant to ensure that their is plenty to eat in the house of God (Church) for the needy. Though their is also a certain percentage for the priest (may be pastor). Remember that some of them represents the Levites of our time and are full time pastors.

Good a thing you found a good church. I am not deterred by fake pastors, the bible told us that some wolf will come in sheep's clothing. My church is not one of them. In fact, there was a time my pastor sold his personal car to buy bus for the church for envangelism. I'll stop for now.

Pls can i know the name of the church or the pastor?
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Walelavender(m): 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
rexben:
You could call it anything but that doesn't change the fact that I'm saying the truth.
Christians are the set of people that can be fooled because they're gullible.
Truth my foot. What is the basis for what you called 'truth'? Stop calling out people. It is an insulting and immature way of communicating your grievances. Learn to respect the belief system of your neighbours; in as much it doesn't affect you negatively. Stirring up unnecessary conversation, as this won't make them change their minds.
If you ain't interested in paying tithes, why not leave us alone to continue in our 'gullibility' that has been fetching us results?
Why not open a thread on Love, Peace and Unity amongst believers?
Abeg.....
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by EyeHateGod: 1:30am On Oct 10, 2016
waldigit:

Their is nothing wrong in giving tithe and offering.The only thing the present day Church got wrong about giving is the idea of MONETISING giving. Giving signify love. And love is the fulfilment of Law. But today, the mordern churches place emphasis on monetary giving as if it is all in all about giving.
This is where the idea of tithe and offering became a god to people.
An old woman who prays or sweep the floor of the church will not have her name on tither list and is rated low comapared to an MD who hardly have time for what is going on in the church but sends fat tithe each month.
But all these are men principles and not Gods.
Am not a Christian o but there is something wrong in giving tithe according to Christians NT
Gal 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
Gal 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Though rexben have a thing against paul
don't know Y
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by blueAgent(m): 8:19am On Oct 11, 2016
rexben:
Tithing is a complete Jewish thing. Are you a Jew or is your pastor or a levite?
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Matt 6:5-6 KJV
I wonder why christians don't see this. Jesus said whenever you want to pray, go into your closet. Do not pray in the open but in the secret.
Christians enjoy disobeying Jesus, they pray in the synagogues (churches, campgrounds), also on the streets (prayer walks).
If you pray in the open (as Christians do), you have received your reward. If you pray in the secret (as Jesus taught), God will reward you.
I enjoin you today to start believing in Jesus words and don't give excuses because of the love for your life.

Jesus never limited prayer to only ones closet. when the disciples gathered they prayed together for Peter to be released. Jesus didnot pray in secret when he raised Lazarus.Jesus didnot pray in secret when he blessed 2fishs and 5loaves of Bread.and many other examples.
You just pick one Bible verse to suit your argument while ingnoring others.
Note God hates self righteousness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Am not a Christian o but there is something wrong in giving tithe according to Christians NT
Gal 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
Gal 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Though rexben have a thing against paul
don't know Y
Paul is a self acclaimed apostle. Jesus definitely did not send him. Paul is dubious.
Paul has turned many people from Jesus to himself.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2016
blueAgent:

Jesus never limited prayer to only ones closet. when the disciples gathered they prayed together for Peter to be released. Jesus didnot pray in secret when he raised Lazarus.Jesus didnot pray in secret when he blessed 2fishs and 5loaves of Bread.and many other examples.
You just pick one Bible verse to suit your argument while ingnoring others.
Note God hates self righteousness.
I've done my part which is witnessing about Jesus.
You could choose to follow the path you want to follow.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by blueAgent(m): 2:07am On Oct 12, 2016
rexben:
I've done my part which is witnessing about Jesus.
You could choose to follow the path you want to follow.

Stop confusing people.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 10:06am On Oct 25, 2016
blueAgent:

Stop confusing people.
Your religion is the thing confusing people. Your religion is the author of confusion

1 Like

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 10:14am On Oct 25, 2016
Why do Christians prefer darkness to light (Jesus)? Why do Christians prefer bondage to freedom (Jesus)?
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by blueAgent(m): 10:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
rexben:
Your religion is the thing confusing people. Your religion is the author of confusion

Who is confused ? the one who believes he descend from Apes or one who believes he was made in the image of God.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by blueAgent(m): 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2016
rexben:

Who is confused ? the one who believes he descended from Apes or one who believes he was made in the image of God?
Everything about Athiesm and Evolution defy logic,Science and reasoning.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
blueAgent:

Who is confused ? the one who believes he descended from Apes or one who believes he was made in the image of God?
Everything about Athiesm and Evolution defy logic,Science and reasoning.
I'm not an atheist! I believe in Jesus. I follow Jesus but in a Christianly way
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by blueAgent(m): 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
rexben:
I'm not an atheist! I believe in Jesus. I follow Jesus but in a Christianly way

Which one is in a christainly way?
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by otemanuduno: 9:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
Thief is an understatement. Armed robber should be better, especially for that Oyedepo and Kumuyi.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 3:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
blueAgent:

Which one is in a christainly way?
Christians claim to follow Jesus that don't obey His words
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by blueAgent(m): 7:47am On Nov 17, 2016
rexben:
Christians claim to follow Jesus that don't obey His words

What is the word of Jesus and how do we identify his word?
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
blueAgent:

What is the word of Jesus and how do we identify his word?
The words of Jesus are Spirit and they are life The words are recorded in Gospels. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by blueAgent(m): 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
rexben:
The words of Jesus are Spirit and they are life The words are recorded in Gospels. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

So you select the words from the Bible to believe and discard the others as not Jesus words?
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
blueAgent:

So you select the words from the Bible to believe and discard the others as not Jesus words?
I'm not a disciple of the bible. I'm a disciple of Jesus.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by blueAgent(m): 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
rexben:
I'm not a disciple of the bible. I'm a disciple of Jesus.

How can you claim to be a disciple of Jesus when you reject his word the Bible?
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
blueAgent:

How can you claim to be a disciple of Jesus when you reject his word the Bible?
Don't get it twisted. The bible is not the word of God. It's a collection of different books by different authors
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by blueAgent(m): 10:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
rexben:
Don't get it twisted. The bible is not the word of God. It's a collection of different books by different authors

You are confused , so which book is the word of God?
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 11:31am On Dec 03, 2016
blueAgent:

You are confused , so which book is the word of God?
The words of Jesus are recorded in the synoptic gospels
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by orunto27: 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2016
No. They know the ways of God better than you.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 10:33am On Dec 04, 2016
orunto27:
No. They know the ways of God better than you.
Lol
What's your yardstick?
Don't judge by earthly measures. I know God that Jesus came to preach
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by obal2: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
@Rexben; You are simply exciting. Without fear of contractions, I must say that majority of Christians have missed it. They worship Paul during church services and ignore Jesus. They quote from Pauline letters more profusely and seldom quote the words of Jesus as recorded in the synoptic gospels.

Where there is conflict between Jesus position and Paul position, which is the case in most cases, the later is adopted. Christians do not read and are too close minded to note that every letter of Paul contradicts the words of Jesus in the synoptic gospels.

Christian practices today is completely anti-Jesus. They worship Jesus with their mouths but their hearts are far from him.

Christians cherry pick and end up with confusion, mixing texts from both old and New Testaments based on convenience and driven by personal aggrandisement.

I delivered a short sermon to a group of adult christians recently from Daniel 11:32 which talks about knowing your God. By the time I stopped after 10 minutes, their reactions was that of a group of people hungry for the truth and tired of flaterries common to the church today. It was clear that most Christians including those contributing on this forum do not even know the name of the God they serve.

It's time Christians seek and follow Jesus and the away from Pauline doctrines and teaching.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by blueAgent(m): 10:47am On Dec 06, 2016
rexben:
The words of Jesus are recorded in the synoptic gospels

Stop deceiving yourself the Bible says
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for
correction, for instruction in righteousness
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2016
blueAgent:

Stop deceiving yourself the Bible says
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for
correction, for instruction in righteousness
The bible says or Paul says?
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
obal2:
@Rexben; You are simply exciting. Without fear of contractions, I must say that majority of Christians have missed it. They worship Paul during church services and ignore Jesus. They quote from Pauline letters more profusely and seldom quote the words of Jesus as recorded in the synoptic gospels.

Where there is conflict between Jesus position and Paul position, which is the case in most cases, the later is adopted. Christians do not read and are too close minded to note that every letter of Paul contradicts the words of Jesus in the synoptic gospels.

Christian practices today is completely anti-Jesus. They worship Jesus with their mouths but their hearts are far from him.

Christians cherry pick and end up with confusion, mixing texts from both old and New Testaments based on convenience and driven by personal aggrandisement.

I delivered a short sermon to a group of adult christians recently from Daniel 11:32 which talks about knowing your God. By the time I stopped after 10 minutes, their reactions was that of a group of people hungry for the truth and tired of flaterries common to the church today. It was clear that most Christians including those contributing on this forum do not even know the name of the God they serve.

It's time Christians seek and follow Jesus and the away from Pauline doctrines and teaching.
Thank you

Very cool. Thanks too
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by blueAgent(m): 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
rexben:
The bible says or Paul says?

Is paul no longer a servant of God?
The synoptic gospel were also written by people like Paul under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Simple Nudism / Working Out Our Salvation / "Spiritual Warefare Prayers By Servant Vic"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.