Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan (33269 Views)

EFCC Returns Seized 48 Houses To Timipre Sylva / 18 Houses Seized From Aliyu Usman, Dasuki’s Associate By EFCC / Sylva Opposes Report On Reclaimed 48 Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by teampregar(m): 12:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
I am a bayelsa indigene and the way this thing dey pain me as i dey read am so eh.. It is a true talk that Nigeria will never be great again.. The debts that this Sylva caused for bayelsa state dickson never fit still repay am since, nd yet dis sylva got nothing to show for all the money he borrowed, the only achievement his government made was high rate of cultism, armed robbery and crime.. Yet this same man has been pardoned by the Federal Government because he is in APC abi?? Anyways na the foolish youths wey still dey vote for these old thieves called politicians naim i dey blame...

Nigeria Will Never Be Great Again...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by Nossa(m): 12:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nature129:

I was alarmed when I heard this news. What does a man need 48 houses for? Truly, many Nigerians are abnormal and need to have their heads checked.

Nigeria's case has gone beyond divine intervention as this country is due for a revolution!

Long overdue my brother
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by Firefire(m): 12:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
doctokwus:

I voted and worked for him because the havoc I knew corruption has dealth on Nigeria and his pledge to give it a "bloody nose".Forget the economic hardship,it cud have happened under any govt,just maybe not this bad.
But the following convinced me the man is a scam:
-failing to publicly declare his assets as he promised,sth Yar'Adua did flawlessly and without prompting.
-He kept quiet on the recruitment scams under his very nose.
-While persecuting other people,his kinsmen and close confidantes were neck deep in corruption and he is feigning deaf.
-Under his nose,Dambazzau was doctored out of the arms probe indictment and he still seats comfortably with him in the cabinet.
-An army officer whose entire salary unspent cudnt buy half of a duplex in Dubai,owes 2 and yet he is being shielded by same pmb.Etc
Since he has shown he is not living up to the one campaign promise I supported him for,i have lost trust in him till he proves me wrong.

Smile smiley

Buhary is a SCAM and a BIG time fraudulent being.

Nothing can CHANGE a Born liar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by Mrfred43(m): 1:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
That is change
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
kings09:
Ah ah! Is dis not modelmike7 again? D ultimate APC/buhari defender.
. . . Buhari supporter? YEA, i am his Number 1 supporter in the world, i so much believe in him to make this country great. I know he really has the interest of this country at heart.. . . APC supporter? HELL NO! I am a person supporter not a party supporter. There are also some good guys i like in PDP also, that are doing good works to the populace in their costituency, tho very few. God bless Nigeria.
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
48houses in Abuja alone, millions are sleeping under bridges and in slums, it's well

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by kings09(m): 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
The same way u wld neva agree Gej's personality is difft frm PDP so also is Buhari lumped togeda wit APC. U r a supporter of Buhari by extension APC. U believe in buhari's intentions but he acts on d contrary n u v seen whr d country is. And pls don't bring up d blame game card, it's so stale n boring. Jst tel ur celeb dat u support dat @ his old age, he shld start acting n quit whining like a baby
modelmike7:
. . . Buhari supporter? YEA, i am his Number 1 supporter in the world, i so much believe in him to make this country great. I know he really has the interest of this country at heart.. . . APC supporter? HELL NO! I am a person supporter not a party supporter. There are also some good guys i like in PDP also, that are doing good works to the populace in their costituency, tho very few. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by Emma5097: 1:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
sunnyb0b0:
Timipre Sylva, former governor of Bayelsa state, has retrieved 48 of his property which the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) seized during the administration of Goodluck Jonathan.

According to PUNCH, some of the property are located in Wuse II and Maitama, highbrow areas of Abuja.

Back then, the commission had slammed 50 charges against the ex-governor and arraigned him before three federal high courts in Abuja.

Sylva, who contested the 2015 governorship election in Bayelsa, had accused the anti-graft agency of witch-hunt and political persecution.

The case was subsequently struck out.

A PUNCH correspondent, who visited some of the houses, observed that the inscription ‘EFCC, Keep Off’, on the gates or fences of the property, had been wiped off the buildings while some had been rented out.

The correspondent, who posed as a prospective tenant, was informed that the rent for the property ranged between N2.5m and N6m per annum.

Sixteen units of service apartments at Plot 1181 Thaba Tseka Crescent, off IBB Way in the Wuse II area of the federal capital territory (FCT), cost N6m per annum including a N1.5m service charge.

The building provides seven hours of power supply from a generator. One wing had been painted while the other was under reconstruction.

“When the EFCC sealed off this property, it was rotting away. However, it was re-opened a few months ago so we started to refurbish the property. We have repainted the property and we have started renting the apartments out,” a guard at the property was quoted to have said.

At a block of flats, which comprises nine units (six one-bedroom and three two-bedroom flats) located at 8, Sefadu Street, Wuse, Zone 2, PUNCH was told that the rent ranged from N1.5m to N3m.

“Immediately the EFCC inscriptions were erased, all the flats were taken. There is no vacant apartment now,” the security guard said.

At a property located at 8 Mistrata Street, Wuse II, Abuja, it was observed that the property was a hotel, which charged between N25,000 and N45,000 per room.

TheCable’s efforts to reach Wilson Uwujaren, EFCC’s spokesman, for the reaction of the commission did not yield the desired result as of the time this report was filed.

His telephone line was out of reach, but a text message was sent.

https://www.thecable.ng/efcc-returns-sylvas-48-houses-seized-jonathan

Ok noted. We're watching.

Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by kenny987(f): 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Abeg receive, what can Buhari do after the case had long been struck out since under GEJ's time or can't you read? - if he should order EFCC to hold on to the properties, I am sure the likes of you would be the first to start calling him dictator/undemocratic.

No. It was under Buhari that his case was struck out to enable him stand for elections as the APC flag-bearer in the Bayelsa elections. The EFCC under buhari curiously withdrew the charges against him and naturally the court struck out the matter. Read for yourself:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/193981-court-dismisses-corruption-charges-against-timipre-sylva.html

http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/7085-former-bayelsa-governor-timipre-sylvas-corruption-case-surprisingly-withdrawn-by-efcc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by kenny987(f): 1:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
and gej fought corruption by seizing his opponent houses, he use 6yrs as president to seize sylva properties,what a shame, he could not even convict sylva for 6yrs, and pardon convicted criminals like dsp alams and bode george. this new efcc under pmb wil re-investigate the issue, unlike gej witch hunting.

Contrary to your myopic beliefs, 'this new EFCC' is investigating nothing and rather dropped the charges against him immediately buhari came into office so he could contest the Bayelsa elections which he lost anyway.
Note that he was still a member of the PDP when the EFCC filed original charges against him in 2012 so it was a question of the EFCC doing its job despite his being a member of the ruling party unlike now that membership of the APC guarantees freedom to loot and keep all proceeds and even be exonerated or shielded from investigations.

http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/7085-former-bayelsa-governor-timipre-sylvas-corruption-case-surprisingly-withdrawn-by-efcc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by kenny987(f): 2:00pm On Oct 03, 2016
Dalek:
Am I the only one who read this news or some of you are just happy to wallow in stupidity. EFCC filed the case against him during Jonathan's tenure, and the case was struck out again during the same GEJs tenure.
The houses (48 of them FFS) we're returned now.
And e-diotic wailers are still shouting Buhari and APC upandan. if this government had blocked the return of the houses, y'all imbes will say Buhari tyrant et al.
instead you should be demanding why the case was struck out or accuse GEJ of negligence cuz this is what it is.
we're our own problem in this country and until we accept that... we have no hope for revolution..

The EFCC withdrew charges against him and the court struck out the case in November 2015! Who was in power by November 2015? Buhari or GEJ? Pleasse stick with the truth at all times, it helps

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/193981-court-dismisses-corruption-charges-against-timipre-sylva.html

Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by ancientbanana: 2:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
A thief at the corridor of power is a saint. APC n buhari's body language.
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by kenny987(f): 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
gaby:
Not in support of Buhari,Sylva or Efcc,but trust me this is sensational journalism at it's worst.
48 houses indeed! How about listing out these houses one by one with addresses.

https://efccnigeria.org/efcc/index.php/news/266-ex-gov-sylva-s-properties-court-extends-forfeiture-order

Assets belonging to the former governor against which a forfeiture order was obtained by the EFCC include a mansion at 3 River Niger Street, plot 3192 Cadastral zone AO, Maitama District Abuja;
nine units (comprising six one bedroom and 3 two bedroom apartments) at 8 Sefadu Street Wuse zone 2, plot 262 Cadastral zone AO2, Wuse Abuja;
2 units duplexes at 5 Oguta Street, plot 906 Cadastral zone Wuse 11 Abuja.
Others are a duplex at Plot 1271 Nike Street Cadastral zone AO5, Maitama District Abuja;
a duplex at Phase 1 Unit No. 1 (Villa 1) Palm Springs Gold Estate, Cachez Turkey Projects Limited, Mpape, Abuja;
10 units of one room apartments at 8 Mistrata Street plot 232 Cadastral zone Wuse 11 Abuja;
5 units duplexes at Plot No 1070 Dakibiyu District Cadastral zone B10, Abuja;
16 units service apartments at Plot 1181 Thaba Tseka Crescent, Off IBB Way, Wuse 11, Abuja; and
3 units of three bedroom flats at No. 1 Mubi Close, Plot 766. Cadastral Zone A01, Garki, Abuja

Count and see how many houses or properties u come up with.
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
kenny987:

No. It was under Buhari that his case was struck out to enable him stand for elections as the APC flag-bearer in the Bayelsa elections. The EFCC under buhari curiously withdrew the charges against him and naturally the court struck out the matter. Read for yourself:

Pls read your own carefully and that the process of his seem to have began before the Buhari regime e.g. the withdrawal of the former prosecuting counsel, Festus Keyamo, from the case on May 25, 2015, and handing it over to the DPP.
I am not sure that as at May 25, 2015 Buhari had any influence in government let alone on any judge in the land.
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by Billygee2u: 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
sunnyb0b0:
Lalasticlala, come and see how baba is pighting kwarapshion.
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by Billygee2u: 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
Agarli:
48 houses owned by one person? I no go talk

1 Like

Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by Billygee2u: 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nossa:
Buhari is really pighting kwaraption

1 Like

Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
kings09:
and u v seen whr d country is. And pls don't bring up d blame game card, it's so stale n boring. . . . . . Jst tel ur celeb dat u support dat @ his old age, he shld start acting n quit whining like a baby
. . . . . Every sane Nigeria know where the present problems of the country comes from. Truth is bitter tho. . . . Okay bro, i will tell him just that. Good advice. Stay blessed.
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by PierreDeFermat(m): 3:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
Oga o,we don enter am.
Mama Peace better cross to APC for her crimes to be forgiven
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by Max24: 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
modelmike7:
How did he acquire all that? All the corrupt, rogues of a politician should be tried and jailed after our yams have been collected from them. Bunch of rogues!
Did u read the article ? Who will prosecute and jail them ? EFCC or Buhari ? Buharis anointeds are untouchable. grin
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
I actually had to take a seat to read this thread. 48 houses! As in 1,2,3,4,5,...48...houses! Wait, and his name was not even included in the proposed list of ex Governors shared this morning. We are finished!
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by ceecee02: 3:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
The moment a politician in Nigeria joins the ruling party he becomes a saint, his sins becomes washed a forgiven.

And we were told he was for nobody ooo#presidio
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by themanderon: 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
He is now a member of APC...... so he should go and sin no more. May God help and deliver us from these cowboys in power.
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by Kpress5: 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
Apc government always full with corrupt politician..if efcc is telling us sylva is innocent.then nobody should be probe in buhari regime.
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by vickylincon(m): 8:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
NairaMaster1:

You guys always implicate your saint PMB with your myopic post. When you compare PMB to GEJ you're telling the whole world that the acclaimed saint is not different from GEJ. If the news is true then no hope. Your master is actually fighting opposition to render them weak against 2019. There's no basis for arresting ihejirika and celebrating Buratai over same corruption just because one is in government. All of them should face the music. I won't support any. They don't know me
and who tell you I support pmb. The way this country youth reason sometimes.. Just imagine Govt giving concession to religious pilgrimage to buy dollars at a subsidize rate and they can't give manufacturers same. If the government didn't give them, all of you will shout he's islamizing Nigeria. Instead of you to reason how this country will be better.. You will be calling each other zombie and wailers. My question to you is why will you support patience who have 15m dollars in her account for medical expenses and you want Silva punished even though I want this guy to be punished cos of the huge amount spent on the riverine area with little development. Am sure if pmb goes after him.. You will all shout witch hunt like saraki
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by emmydollars4life(m): 9:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
Agarli:
48 houses owned by one person? I no go talk
So this is how to fight corruption, what else can I say, He is a saint or he has repented because he is in the same party with Mr president, fighting corruption my foot.
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by gemale(m): 8:46am On Oct 04, 2016
Na 1 judge 4 court order EFCC 2 gv am back. D corruption 4 9ja judiciary strong. E b lyk say dem roger d guy. EFCC no willingly free am. Dem gats obey court order
http://punchng.com/ex-gov-sylva-reclaims-48-houses-efcc/
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by jericco1(m): 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2017
An old topic
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by lomprico(m): 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2017
Lalasticlala, how will u close a thread and move it to FP again? angry

U never see snake today ni?
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by Ratello: 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2017
lomprico:
Lalasticlala, how will u close a thread and move it to FP again? angry

U never see snake today ni?

Why are you this corrupt and petty?
Re: EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan by Katyusha(m): 7:49pm On Sep 02, 2017
doctokwus:

I voted and worked for him because the havoc I knew corruption has dealth on Nigeria and his pledge to give it a "bloody nose".Forget the economic hardship,it cud have happened under any govt,just maybe not this bad.
But the following convinced me the man is a scam:
-failing to publicly declare his assets as he promised,sth Yar'Adua did flawlessly and without prompting.
-He kept quiet on the recruitment scams under his very nose.
-While persecuting other people,his kinsmen and close confidantes were neck deep in corruption and he is feigning deaf.
-Under his nose,Dambazzau was doctored out of the arms probe indictment and he still seats comfortably with him in the cabinet.
-An army officer whose entire salary unspent cudnt buy half of a duplex in Dubai,owes 2 and yet he is being shielded by same pmb.Etc
Since he has shown he is not living up to the one campaign promise I supported him for,i have lost trust in him till he proves me wrong.
I feel scammed. I'm just tired of everything in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example / Femi Aribisala: Buhari Is A Ticking Time Bomb With A Dangerous Agenda / Buhari Deploys Service Chiefs To Niger Delta Over Rising Militancy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.