Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

I Have Been Certified A Bitch - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have Been Certified A Bitch (3023 Views)

Attention All Nairaland Men ! Know Thy Women: Top 10 Signs To Know She's A Bitch / Every Woman Is A Bitch True Or False? / Can U Fall In Luv Wit A Bitch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Been Certified A Bitch by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2009
Let me explain. I am not really the romantic/sweet type except in rare situations and this has caused me the labels: cold, insensitive, stone hearted, heartless, etc,

Just recently I was called a bitch by a friend of mine who has been asking me out for a long time. Fact is right now i am interested in someone else, but I never told him this and just said I wasn't intentioned to have a relationship with him. Reason why I didn't reveal my feelings is very simple: it was irrelevant because without or without my crush, i was still not going to accept.

I believe my so called insensitivity and my refusal to say I had interest for someone else are strictly related. Could it be I have developed a sort of barrier between me and the other sex? I remember being embarrassed when I had to say what I felt when I was still a teenager, but this defect or characteristics of mine has soon become really rooted. Even now I can hardly say I love you to my friends/bfs in a very normal situation. A very intimate situation is needed for me to open up.

I am afraid this might get worse and possibly make me a BITCH, if I am not one already. Please advise. Is there a remedy against a severe case of INSENSITIVITY?
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2009
Hello hun, I kind of see myself in you i.e cant say the L world and can be cold sometimes. You can start practicing being soft once in a while i.tell your loved ones you love them or care for them etc.
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Hello hun, I kind of see myself in you i.e cant say the L world and can be cold sometimes. You can start practicing being soft once in a while i[b].tell your loved ones you love them or care for them etc[/b].

Did you know I just said ewwww the moment I read those lines? I believe this problem is psychological. Could it I am using this as defence against being hurt?
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by debest1(m): 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Hello hun, I kind of see myself in you i.e cant say the L world and can be cold sometimes. You can start practicing being soft once in a while i.tell your loved ones you love them or care for them etc.
dr.Frankeinstein I hope u dey hear  grin grin grin
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by newbride: 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2009
dont accept the B word someone has labelled you as except you see urself as a B
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by iice(f): 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2009
I've been labeled alotta things. . .norrin do them or me. Werrin kwonsain me cheesy
I think they are just some people you can see those words to easily even when you think it's hard to say them
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by Radiant(f): 4:56pm On Oct 16, 2009
How was your childhood? Why do you think you're so "cold"/'insensitive'? Me no say nothing wrong in saying I love you.  kiss

By the way, your admirer calling you a bitch don't mean you're a "certified bitch". It's not cool to think you're a bitch.  cheesy
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 16, 2009
debest1:

dr.Frankeinstein I hope u dey hear  grin grin grin
You done lost your mind tongue

michelin89:

Did you know I just said ewwww the moment I read those lines? I believe this problem is psychological. Could it I am using this as defence against being hurt?
Sweetie, I cringe myself too but you have to star from somewhere. It could be due to how you were raised up, normally African parents just provide food/education/clothes etc but they dont really tell us they love us like the oyibos do. Its an African thing I think.
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by skfa1: 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2009
@ Ebonyeyes

You are the 1st person to jump at this thread again, see what im saying now, lol

Anywayz its all good , keep catching ya fun  cheesy  wink
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2009
Radiant:

How was your childhood? Why do you think you're so "cold"/'insensitive'? Me no say nothing wrong in saying I love you.  kiss

By the way, your admirer calling you a bitch don't mean you're a "certified bitch". It's not cool to think you're a bitch.  cheesy

I don't know why I am that way. Maybe it's just how I am.

He is not the first person or the second person. I feel there is some sort of power in knowing other people's mind while yours remains a mystery.
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2009
skfa1:

@ Ebonyeyes

You are the 1st person to jump at this thread again, see what im saying now, lol

Anywayz its all good , keep catching ya fun  cheesy  wink
Hunny, this is the ist thread today tongue Also I can relate with this poster.
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by Nautillus(m): 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2009
You are afraid of being hurt 'cos you sound like you've been hurt before. . .Open up your heart. . .being disappointed and being hurt by the ones we love is parts of being human. . .you just have to try. . .and Live life
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by skfa1: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Go on sweety and relate wella, nothing do you  wink  cheesy
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by galatico(m): 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2009
The B word though it's bad, some people just say it not meaning anything, it could the person just watched an american and decided to try the word on someone, don't beat urself up over this, just move .
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by NegroNtns(m): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2009
How could you be so cold?
As the winter wind when it breeze yo
Just remember that you talkin' to me though
You need to watch the way you talkin' to me though

I mean after all the things that we've been through
I mean after all the things we got into
Hey yo, I know of some things that you ain't told me
Hey yo, I did some things but that's the old me

And now you wanna get me back and you gon' show me
So you walk around like you don't know me
You got a new friend, well I got homies
But in the end it's still so lonely

In the night I hear 'em talk, the coldest story ever told
Somewhere far along this road he lost his soul
To a woman so heartless
How could you be so heartless?
How could you be so heartless?

hahaha. . . just messing with you girl.  

Look, male and female genders were designed naturally to antagonize and confront with one another.  By default we were created imperfect.
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2009
if you truly know you are not a bitch why would you stress? undecided
put it behind you and move on.
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by jidobaba(m): 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2009
Most girls can be real bitches.
You, however, Midge, are a Binch! kiss
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by Radiant(f): 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2009
rokiatu:

if you truly know you are not a bitch why would you stress? undecided
put it behind you and move on.

Imagine the topic. Ain't nothing cool about that word.

Telling someone "I love you" don't really mean I am/should be committed to them  undecided Guess my friends and buddies are from Space  kiss
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by silentc(m): 5:20pm On Oct 16, 2009
michelin,
   I dont think you are a bitch. You are who you are. If you feel the natural need to be more "in touch" with the softer side, then you are on the right path by questioning yourself. Just because you tell it like it is doesnt make you a bitch.

Dont try to change who you are unless it is coming from inside you. Some people grow a tough personality because they want to protect themselves from being hurt, used or walked over. Maybe you just dont want to be vulnerable as when you get hurt, you get hurt bad.

If you have a boyfriend, talk to him about it, so he doesnt think you dont love him. I am sure he will find a way to bring out that softer side from you. At the end of the day, if being who you are is affecting close family or friends, then it is ok to look inside to seek change.
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by Eshyy(m): 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2009
Don't go worrying urself, u okay. Dat is certainly beta dan tellin a gúy u luv him & gettin his hopes high wen u realy don't. It seems ure a very emotional person, just harden up a little
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by cheexy: 5:56pm On Oct 16, 2009
@poster
I relate with you totally, i used to be like you cos from when i was really young, i watched a couple of films and after seeing the way women would cry for a man, i made up my mind that i would never be that kind of woman so i kept myself from getting hurt but recently i found myself in love with my current boyfriend and i say it more often now, not all the time though.

Don't worry, once u start dating the right person it will come out. We are all differnet. Never let anyone make you feel like a bitch and NEVER GO OUT WITH SOMEONE WHO CALLED YOU A BITCH COS YOU REFUSED HIM. IT SHOWS THE KIND OF PERSON HE IS.
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by LordReed(m): 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2009
Hmmm me thinks michelin89 has been an introverted person for a long time n has had to learn to interact with people.

There is healing my dear.

U need to accept first that it is ok to feel love and affection for other people.

Next work on expressing dat love n care, don't struggle with those words for now use the ones that come naturally to u.

Wen u get comfortable with expressing love n affection every once in a while just say them to someone just to taste it on ur lips, the more frequently u use em the more comfortable u'll get.

Believe u won't even rememba dat u once had trouble wit it.
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by DrLorenz1(m): 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2009
@POST

Not surprised. smiley

cheexy:

@poster

Don't worry, once u start dating the right person it will come out. We are all differnet. Never let anyone make you feel like a bitch and NEVER GO OUT WITH SOMEONE WHO CALLED YOU A BITCH COS YOU REFUSED HIM. IT SHOWS THE KIND OF PERSON HE IS.

U think anyone will ever fit into that for her? I seriously doubt so. lipsrsealed

Ebonyeyes:

U sure? grin
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by xynerio(m): 7:07pm On Oct 16, 2009
@poster. My dear dont worry about what people call you, just trust who you are. U acted harshly doesnt make u a b***h. What if you are too cheap and emotional what then will they call you? I understand your kind of person. I have one in my house.
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2009
@ all

Thank you for the advice. I can't really reply everybody one by one so I'll just sum it up in one post.

I am not really bothered about being called a bitch because they are just upset over whatever problem they may have with me. I am more worried about what warrants this label.

I have loved a lot but then saying it was so tough. Gosh! I hated it when my friend (the romantic princess) would tell me off for being over insensitive.  cry cry Even another friend of mine who is so hostile to human contacts becomes a a softie when she falls in love. Just by hearing her speak, you'll understand she is so much in love.

Me? Oh well, they have to ask me to know and sometimes even admitting that I am is a problem. Because I have to rationalize and think about my answer before I speak out.

I am indeed in a hot mess.
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by IYANGBALI: 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2009
@poster abeg no let your toto waste while you are still young o there is pleasure in being doing it toghether grin grin grin
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 16, 2009
IYA NGBALI:

@poster abeg no let your toto waste while you are still young o there is pleasure in being doing it toghether grin grin grin

Yeah sex is sweet but if your boyfriend doesn't feel loved, how you want make e give you ponmo? lipsrsealed
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by xynerio(m): 7:25pm On Oct 16, 2009
Sex is worth waiting for therefore zip up. That advert na for 19th century people.
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2009
xynerio:

Sex is worth waiting for therefore zip up. That advert na for 19th century people.

tongue Wetin carry your eyes go there? Didn't you see my other long post?
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by IYANGBALI: 7:35pm On Oct 16, 2009
michelin89:

Yeah sex is sweet but if your boyfriend doesn't feel loved, how you want make e give you ponmo? lipsrsealed
na which one be ponmo again?small time una go dey call am bokoto grin
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by yme1(f): 7:39pm On Oct 16, 2009
you are not a BITCH dear
i dont find it difficult saying I LOVE YOU undecided atleast not to those close to me
but when it comes to a relationship i use the word but i find out that i say that word for saying sakeundecided
i guess LOVE isnt meant for everyone undecided
but that doesnt neccessarily mean you dont care about others smiley
Re: I Have Been Certified A Bitch by chiogo(f): 7:57pm On Oct 16, 2009
y me:

but when it comes to a relationship i use the word but i find out that i say that word for saying sakeundecided
i guess LOVE isnt meant for everyone undecided
but that doesnt neccessarily mean you dont care about others smiley

Exactly!!!

I noticed that when people are called the b-word(which in itself is a bad word) a lot, they tend to gradually accept the word and identify themselves as such.
That's just bull, man. Most times, people esp. males call females bitches when the female doesn't conform to their ways. Why would a guy who claims to want you call you a bitch? simple. He's too immature to get it across his head that he's really not wanted. Just like immature guys go about calling their ex-girlfriends bitches whereas prior to the break-up, she was an 'angel'.  tongue

Anywayz, Michelin09, the L word is not by force jare. I too, don't like saying the word  grin except to relatives like my mom, sis, etc.
These days, every TDH uses the L word like it's food. Half of them don't mean it. I'll rather not say it - call me mean/insensitive.
If they pester you too much, just say it for its own sake. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Intimacy Compatibilty Is A Myth! / Can You Marry A Lady Will Aborted For You 4 Times? / Fear Of Rejection From A Girl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.