Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala (28712 Views)

Time For All Omoluabi To Rally Round Tinubu / Open Letter To Ahmed Asiwaju Bola Tinubu By General Adeyinka Adebayo / Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by seunmsg(m): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2016
Let me re-introduce myself in case you have forgotten. I have been an implacable critic of the politics of Bola Tinubu. Among others, I have written articles against Tinubu entitled: “What Does Tinubu Want?” “Time to Get Rid of Tinubu’s Cronies;” “Time to Disgrace the South-West Godfather;” and “Don’t Cry for Bola Tinubu.” I stand by every one of those articles, even though the warnings I gave in them went largely ignored.

Although many Tinubu supporters don’t seem to realise this, my opposition to Tinubu was not personal. My opposition was based on the grounds that Tinubu’s politics was shortsighted. In that regard, my position has been proved right. The strategic political objectives of Tinubu were unattainable and have been not been attained.

In the first place, Tinubu’s recent politics were designed to make him a key player at the national level, as he has been at the regional level. He really wanted to become the vice-president of Nigeria. This has proved unattainable, and we warned him about that. Most of his so-called friends at the national level are fair-weather friends. They never really liked him and were afraid of him. Under no circumstances would they allow him to duplicate his stranglehold on South-West politics outside the South-West.

The reality of Tinubu’s politics in Nigeria is that he can be a king-maker but will not be allowed to be king. The best Tinubu has been able to achieve has been to nominate a vice-president who, to all intents and purposes, is not even a major power-broker in government. As vice-president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo has only succeeded in being a fall-guy; for the collapse of the naira and for the failure to date of the 2016 budget.

In the second place, the strategic design of Tinubu’s politics was to make him a power behind the throne at the national level. This objective has also proved to be a pie-in-the-sky. Since becoming president, Buhari has largely ignored Tinubu’s counsels. Not a single Tinubu nominee became a minister in the president’s cabinet. Those who made it from the South-West were deliberately the people he did not want.

Tinubu nominees failed to make the position of Senate president or Speaker of the House of Representatives. The APC has also failed to make Tinubu Chairman of its Board of Trustees. To date, Tinubu has no statutory post in the party he midwifed. The party chairman, thought to be a Tinubu man, has been bought over, so much so that Tinubu is now asking for his resignation; but to no effect.

Having used Tinubu to win the election, he has been dumped like a used rag. It was because we anticipated this reversal of fortunes, that some of us were loud in warning Tinubu in the heady days of APC coalition-building. It was in that context that I later wrote my article saying: “Don’t Cry for Bola Tinubu” on the grounds that he deserved what happened to him. We warned that this would happen but he refused to listen.

But now times have changed. The bombastic change platform on which APC fought and won the election has failed to materialise. The change we are now facing is one far worse than anything hitherto experienced. It is absolutely incredible that, in spite of the grandiloquent promises made during the 2015 election campaign, the dollar is now exchanging for the naira on the parallel market at virtually 500 to 1. Like the naira, the Nigerian economy is in freefall, going from bad to worse.

But another change has also taken place and this one is political. It is finally apparent to Bola Tinubu that his friends in the APC are really not his friends at all. That is why he has now complained publicly and resigned as inconsequential “National Leader” of the party. Having used him to achieve their ends at the polls, his fair-weather APC friends have now indicated that they are not merely interested in dumping him, their plan is to decimate his ranks and render him powerless. They are now out to use their new-found vantage point to attack him in his hearth of the South-West and to split his coalition by sponsoring those in opposition to him and, if necessary, by rigging them into power at his expense.

Given this development, this is not the time to tell Tinubu “we told you so; we warned you but you did not listen.” This is not the time to say: “Don’t Cry for Bola Tinubu.” This is the time to cry for Tinubu. As a mater of fact, this is the time for all true progressives to rally round Bola Tinubu. The reason for this is simple.

Now that Tinubu has hopefully learnt his lesson, he should be more open to those of us who he thought were his enemies in the past but should now realise have always had his back. Tinubu should now be more amenable to wise counsel. Now that he has resigned from the honorific, but irrelevant, title of leader of the APC, he should start making plans to extricate himself from the APC altogether. At the very least, he should leave no one in doubt that he would not be taken for granted by leaving the door open for a realignment with a more agreeable coalition as the APC begins inevitably to unravel.

The nullification or dilution of Bola Tinubu’s power in the South-West, at this juncture of Nigeria’s economic hopelessness, renders Nigeria at the mercy of Abuja’s incompetence for the foreseeable future. Since coming to power, President Buhari has been unapologetic about the Northernisation of the Nigerian government. He has completely jettisoned any pretensions to the principles of federal character but has placed Northerners in every strategic sector of the government. This is part of the rationale behind the resurgence of pro-Biafra agitators, as well as the emergence of the Niger-Delta Avengers. In the process of consolidating the North, the agenda is now to decimate the South-West. This should not be allowed to happen.

At the moment, Nigerian democracy has no opposition; which is why nobody is complaining about the disastrous collapse of the naira and the adverse economic climate. The government is even floating the idea of further increases in the price of petrol, and nobody is up in arms. The PDP is at war with itself, and the cynical anti-corruption campaign of the government has been used effectively to silence it. That is why the burgeoning attack on Bola Tinubu deserves a rallying response.

Progressive Nigerians should not allow anyone in these climes to make a fool of Bola Tinubu. We must help him to consolidate and even enhance his position. At strength, Buhari can only be a one-term president without Bola Tinubu. All Tinubu needs to do is to start making plans to form another alliance that links truly progressive Northerners with those of the South-West, South-East and South-South. The possibility of that happening should give him a new fillip. At the very least, it would put him back into reckoning, ensuring he can only be ignored at great cost.

Without Tinubu, Buhari would not be the president of Nigeria today. Buhari’s wife, Aisha, acknowledged as much after the 2015 election. Without Tinubu, Buhari would not have secured the presidential ticket of the APC. Without Tinubu, Buhari would not have had the semblance of widespread national acceptability. Without Tinubu, Buhari would not have had the funds to mount a national campaign. Without Tinubu, Buhari only obtained 370,000 votes from the entire Southern Nigeria in the 2011 election. Without Tinubu, Buhari has no political future; unless the unproductive hegemonists currently ranged against Tinubu succeed in turning him into a toothless bulldog.

Therefore, I insist, this must not be allowed to happen. This is the time for all truly progressive people, North and South; East and West to rally to Tinubu’s support. Let us forget the past; even the immediate past. In politics, there are no permanent enemies and no permanent friends. Let us be united in one purpose; the unity of Nigeria is paramount. Nigeria should not be conceded to hegemonists. It is now abundantly clear that those that have clamoured for power for long and have now attained it have no clue what to do with it; other than to put their kinsmen and family members in key positions, while the nation’s economy has gone to the dogs.

We must not be in any doubt as to what is going on now. Instead of investing in the future of Nigeria, the only real investment taking place now is towards the hegemonic control of the country by a small segment of the population for the foreseeable future. This is not only anti-democratic; it is anti-Nigeria. It must be resisted politically with wisdom and clear-sightedness. It must be resisted adroitly by the formation of a new, truly national non-sectarian coalition that stretches across the Niger. In this design, Bola Tinubu would be invaluable once again as one of its principal architects.

Equally important, the South-West must learn from the past when Akintola was used to divide it from Awolowo. That kind of history must not be allowed to repeat itself. From my point of view, the bottom line is as follows. My democratic instincts have always made me opposed to Tinubu’s status as the godfather of South-West politics. But under the present circumstances, I would rather have Tinubu as the godfather of South-West politics, than have Buhari as the godfather of South-West politics. To the extent that a Tinubu can never be the godfather of North-West politics, then Buhari must never be the godfather of South-West politics.

http://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2016/10/04/time-rally-round-bola-tinubu-femi-aribisala/

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by agwom(m): 9:40am On Oct 04, 2016
hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by omofunaab(m): 9:42am On Oct 04, 2016
It's like femi aribisala and femi fani kayode are both related.

Anyway to the topic, i agree with femi aribisala on certain points.
The reason why yorubas must support tinubu is because tinubu will protect the interest of south west more than buhari or anybody from the north.
This is a man that has been holding the south west together since 2011 or thereabout. Now some elements are seeking to cut him into size.

People think tinubu is a wicked man, but i think he is the victim here.

I hear amosun is part of the gang up, if that's true then amosun is an ingrate.

In 2011, prior to the governorship election in ogun state, former governor osoba almost frustrated amosun out of the then ACN, because osoba was still nursing old wounds about his 2003 election loss to gbenga Daniel in which amosun played a major role in his defeat

But tinubu ensured amosun picked the ticket as against opposition from many people in the party, because they believed amosun was a newcomer. But tinubu believed in amosun that he was the right man for the job.

2015 again, osoba struck again, both amosun and
osoba fought for the control of Apc in the state. With tinubu's backing , amosun was able to control the party structure in the state. Osoba eventually left the party for amosun. Despite the fact that osoba was tinubu longtime ally.

So, if amosun is part of the gang up, then he is an ingrate.

I stand with Asiwaju on this

142 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by seunmsg(m): 9:57am On Oct 04, 2016
All Tinubu needs to do is to start making plans to form another alliance that links truly progressive Northerners with those of the South-West, South-East and South-South. The possibility of that happening should give him a new fillip. At the very least, it would put him back into reckoning, ensuring he can only be ignored at great cost.

Femi Aribisala and his PDP principals can't even wait for Tinubu to declare that he's leaving APC before they start dangling the carrot of realignment to him. Like I once said before, those who intend to oppose Buhari in 2019 are already salivating at the prospect of an alignment with Tinubu. The rate at which former opponents and critics of Tinubu are falling over each other to support him shows clearly that they all admire and crave for his support from afar. The current crisis has opened the door for a possible realignment and it is left for the handlers of the President to handle the current rift in the party with care else, he may have himself to blame.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by izombie(m): 10:04am On Oct 04, 2016
@seun. I read this piece with open mind. I admire tinubu alot but i was very surprised that tinubu aligned with buhari in the first instance. I know he's trying to expand his influence beyond south west but aligning himself with the north without taking thinking about how awolowo was used and dumped by the north. Tinubu and the yorubas as a whole should apologise to the rest of south for joining the north. I stand for biafra but i would also stand for a nigeria where the south south,south east and the south west would stand together and fight this scourge called north. My only issue is whether the yorubas can be trusted.

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by sarrki(m): 10:06am On Oct 04, 2016
Aribisala don't bother yourself

We are already with him

Welcome back home bro

13 Likes

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Mujaheeeden: 10:06am On Oct 04, 2016
All i know is that Tinubu advertisement for Oral B was an epic fail

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by AZeD1(m): 10:07am On Oct 04, 2016
From Fani Kayode to Femi........

Buhari if you have plans to come back in 2019 or want to install a successor, you better extend the hand of friendship to Tinubu.

As at today, the presidential candidate for the two major parties in 2019 would be northerners, so the votes would be split in that region.
SS and SE would vote against APC,
The battle ground is the SW and Tinubu is worth 2 million votes here.

25 Likes

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by sarrki(m): 10:10am On Oct 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
All i know is that Tinubu advertisement for Oral B was an epic fail

Lol

That is jagaban the emperor of Pdp

Conqueror of wailers

He singlehandedly defeated the wailers, followers and

their hero home and abroad

26 Likes

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 04, 2016
I don't see Buhari winning the election in 2019. He definitely won't get the SE and SS votes. Those on ground in the SW will tell you that there is growing widespread disillusionment with Buhari in the region akin to how Jonathan lost their good will. He better retrace his steps as he doesn't have anyone with the clout of Tinubu that can sell him in the SW. He was a bad product that was transformed by the media into a sellable candidate. A media controlled by the SW.

His abysmal handling of the fulani herdsmen recurring saga has cost him goodwill in the NC which will cost
him votes there in 2019.

So the question is how does he hope to win in 2019 without the SW or Tinubu? If history is anything to go by, the SW will betray Buhari in 2019. I expect Tinubu to foresee this going by the political pulse on the ground.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by 4wrd9ja: 11:07am On Oct 04, 2016
AZeD1:
From Fani Kayode to Femi........

Buhari if you have plans to come back in 2019 or want to install a successor, you better extend the hand of friendship to Tinubu.

As at today, the presidential candidate for the two major parties in 2019 would be northerners, so the votes would be split in that region.
SS and SE would vote against APC,
The battle ground is the SW and Tinubu is worth 2 million votes here.

who will count the votes, the present INEC? mehn you are an incurable optimist , to except a free and fair election under present circumstances.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by EasternActivist: 11:32am On Oct 04, 2016
kalokalo:
I don't see Buhari winning the election in 2019. He definitely won't get the SE and SS votes. Those on ground in the SW will tell you that there is growing widespread disillusionment with Buhari in the region akin to how Jonathan lost their good will. He better retrace his steps as he doesn't have anyone with the clout of Tinubu that can sell him in the SW. He was a bad product that was transformed by the media into a sellable candidate. A media controlled by the SW.

His abysmal handling of the fulani herdsmen recurring saga has cost him goodwill in the NC which will cost
him votes there in 2019.

So the question is how does he hope to win in 2019 without the SW or Tinubu? If history is anything to go by, the SW will betray Buhari in 2019. I expect Tinubu to foresee this going by the political pulse on the ground.

Sorry to disappoint you...

One thing the Yoruba's has taught us is hate before tribalism before partisanship then patriotism...

If buhari should choose an Igbo VP and drop osibanjo BC of the west revolt, am sorry to say the Igbo's will play the exact politics of the west which is hate the west, play tribalism, play partisan before playing patriotism...

Foolish hypocrites...
Una never c something, buhari will continue even without the west as done in obj era...

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by EasternActivist: 11:41am On Oct 04, 2016
It is now confirmed that we now have two type of zombies...

The buhari led zombies and the tinubu led zombies.

Since we now have this factions... Permit me to analyse that the buhari led faction will always find a need to praise buhari even in worse scenarios and are enthusiastic to put him back in power even if it takes them soaking the baboons with blood.

While the tinubu led zombie faction won't buy into the idea of buhari returning to power as they are bent on revenging the embarrassment of using and dumbing their god asiwaju tinubu thus criticizing buhari every move even if it is sincere they will go ahead using all forms of propaganda to witch hunt him and pull him down...

In conclusion the tinubu led zombies has added wailing into their doctrine and thus I confer to them the only wailing zombies of nairaland and beyond. grin

So anytime you see the wailing zombies used together know it is the tinubu zombies at work. They regard themselvesal as progressives.. Donno whether towards zombiism or wailing...lmao cheesy

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by 989900D: 11:49am On Oct 04, 2016
They will all be back to Bourdillon by this time next year; latest early 2018.

Hate or love BAT, he's always backed performers . . . his style is 'chop and do', the others style is 'chop and chop and clean mouth'.

As long as Lagos is performing in bounds and setting standards, breaking records, BAT's influence will be rock solid.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by OreMI22: 11:59am On Oct 04, 2016
[size=13pt]Again Tinubu has been used, once more Tinubu has been dumped.[/size]

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by seunmsg(m): 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
EasternActivist:

Sorry to disappoint you...

One thing the Yoruba's has taught us is hate before tribalism before partisanship then patriotism...

If buhari should choose an Igbo VP and drop osibanjo BC of the west revolt, am sorry to say the Igbo's will play the exact politics of the west which is hate the west, play tribalism, play partisan before playing patriotism...

Foolish hypocrites...
Una never c something, buhari will continue even without the west as done in obj era...

Okadigbo and Ume-Ezeoke were his running mate in the 2003 and 2007 elections, we know the outcome. yoruba's supported GEJ in 2011 because we believed he would be a departure from the past. He failed to deliver and we voted him out. Again in 2015, we supported Buhari because he presented himself as a change agent and someone who will fight and stop the mindless corruption that took place under GEJ. So far so good, we are still observing his government. If we find any reason not to support him in 2019, we will definitely withdraw our support and vote for another candidate that appeals to us. It has nothing to do with hatred, tribalism or partisanship. You Ibos can vote base on hatred, tribalism and partisanship but not we Yoruba's. We are guided strictly by patriotism and national interest.

119 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
Obviously, Tinubu needs new friends. He has been stripped bare of all honours due to him. His slow descent into political obscurity can be halted if he reaches out to his old foes. Unfortunately, the men he is up against are rabid politicians. They won't back off until he is fully crushed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by plaetton: 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
Everyone is busy speculating about the political calculus of 2019, but few are speculating about the economic conditions of 2019.
What will be the price of garri , bread, milk and rice by 2019?
Will people start eating rats and lizards for protein ?
These are the important questions that should occupy our minds.

It's really ironic how the ordinary folks bicker and fight among themselves about which BIGMAN should occupy ASO Rock and enjoy a N2b feeding budget while they, the ordinary folks are condemned to feed on rats and lizards.

As it was in the 1960s, so it is today. Same politics.
In another 100 yrs, it will remain the same politics. All politics, no progress.

Unless power is devolved at the center, and we have regional autonomy, we will continue to go in circles for another 1000 years.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by EasternActivist: 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
seunmsg:

Okadigbo and Ume-Ezeoke were his running mate in the 2003 and 2007 elections, we know the outcome. yoruba's supported GEJ in 2011 because we believed he would be a departure from the past. He failed to deliver and we voted him out. Again in 2015, we supported Buhari because he presented himself as a change agent and someone who will fight and stop the mindless corruption that took place under GEJ. So far so good, we are still observing his government. If we find any reason not to support him in 2019, we will definitely withdraw our support and vote for another candidate that appeals to us. It has nothing to do with hatred, tribalism or partisanship. You Ibos can vote base on hatred, tribalism and partisanship but not we Yoruba's. We are guided strictly by patriotism and national interest.

I know you got my point so stop trying to shift my point to get it weak where there is none...

When buhari choose those Igbo men, we have a southern president who are more competent. Igbo voted for competence against tribalism (obasanjo comes to mind) against hatred, partisanship and overall where first patriotic. This is not about love for Gej but the competency of Gej based on merit as against buhari (2011 elections)

Fast forward to 2015, the Yoruba's brought into our politics what they called sophistication which is founded on hatred, betrayal, partisan, tribalism all before patriotism.

We all know that Most of all this happening is not because of whether buhari is performing or not but selfishness and tribalism. If buhari and north should kick out tinubus fking ideas should that form the basis why the Yoruba's should term his administration a failure? That's bullcrap

Meanwhile
Sw didn't vote out Gej as their votes where even divided as not all southwesterners (including those residing) are tinubu zombies or apc zombies.

Having said all this, if the sw won't continue staying loyal to buhari and his cohort and they (buhari and co) should turn eastwards for vp slot leaving osibanjo behind, the easterners will glady welcome them and apply the same politics as shun out by the Yoruba's in the last election and he shall win...

Go and ask the ottah farmer.

Foolish use and dumb hypocrites.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by anigbajumo(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
[b]

Those who are never a progressive for once now coming out as part of progressive demonstrating a fake sympathy.

It is a shame that most people fall for FFK speculation where he pointed out 3cabals,that is where people are getting it wrong.Going by the body language nd Tinubu's speech yesterday, am still yet to see any chaos between him nd PMB.A lot of decision has been going on in the party that Mr President don't play the vital role as expected just like selection of the NASS leader. Oyegun took decision independently without the notice of PMB or BAT.

Ever since FFK published a junk speculation about the state of APC/Tinubu a lot of writers nd media are just yearning gibberish here and there.

Buch of joker's,they were expecting Tinubu to romance with them or float a new party, keep on dreaming. No reasonable politician will dismantle the institution that took his wealth, time,influence nd life to built b4 it succeed.

Let wait nd see what will happen next but PMB will ever dare to fight Tinubu at this early moment.

[/b]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by seunmsg(m): 1:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
EasternActivist:

I know you got my point so stop trying to shift my point to get it weak where there is none...

When buhari choose those Igbo men, we have a southern president who are more competent. Igbo voted for competence against tribalism (obasanjo comes to mind) against hatred, partisanship and overall where first patriotic. This is not about love for Gej but the competency of Gej based on merit as against buhari (2011 elections)

Fast forward to 2015, the Yoruba's brought into our politics what they called sophistication which is founded on hatred, betrayal, partisan, tribalism all before patriotism.

We all know that Most of all this happening is not because of whether buhari is performing or not but selfishness and tribalism. If buhari and north should kick out tinubus fking ideas should that form the basis why the Yoruba's should term his administration a failure? That's bullcrap

Meanwhile
Sw didn't vote out Gej as their votes where even divided as not all southwesterners (including those residing) are tinubu zombies or apc zombies.

Having said all this, if the sw won't continue staying loyal to buhari and his cohort and they should turn eastwards for vp slot leaving osibanjo behind, the easterners will glady welcome them and apply the same politics as shun out by the Yoruba's in the last election and he shall win...

Go and ask the ottah farmer.

Foolish use and dumb hypocrites.

See, how Ibos will vote in 2019 is not my business. All i know is that Yoruba's will always vote based on merit, patriotism, national interest and the dictates of the time. We voted against Buhari in 2011 despite the fact that Tunde Bakare was his running mate so, spare me the crap about tribal voting. If you guys want to do tribal voting in 2019, please go ahead but stop trying desperately to use the Yoruba's as an excuse for your voting pattern.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by EasternActivist: 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
[s]
seunmsg:

See, how Ibos will vote in 2019 is not my business. All i know is that Yoruba's will always vote based on merit, patriotism, national interest and the dictates of the time. We voted against Buhari in 2011 despite the fact that Tunde Bakare was his running mate so, spare me the crap about tribal voting. If you guys want to do tribal voting in 2019, please go ahead but stop trying desperately to use the Yoruba's as an excuse for your voting pattern.
[/s]

At the bolded... You be lai Muhammed?

It is written all over the air how the Yoruba's voted, so this things you are saying is not inline with what happened. So preach to the devils...

The Yoruba's politics of 2015 will go down in history of how tribalistic and betrayals they are to the southerners just to please themseleves with the help of their masters up north...

All of a sudden the buhari you and your people didn't vote before for incompetence was now competent in 2015... Tell me another lie please

Liars...

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by crimeboss: 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
Aribisala was right all along about these events unfolding, I just hope the end will come too soon for tinubu has enemies are seriously busy to cut him down before 2019, that will spell doom for the whole country if buhari should av some hold on the sw and all hope is then lost for the south if the north should av a grip down here.

1 Like

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by globe16: 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
seunmsg:
All Tinubu needs to do is to start making plans to form another alliance that links truly progressive Northerners with those of the South-West, South-East and South-South. The possibility of that happening should give him a new fillip. At the very least, it would put him back into reckoning, ensuring he can only be ignored at great cost.

Femi Aribisala and his PDP principals can't even wait for Tinubu to declare that he's leaving APC before they start dangling the carrot of realignment to him. Like I once said before, those who intend to oppose Buhari in 2019 are already salivating at the prospect of an alignment with Tinubu. The rate at which former opponents and critics of Tinubu are falling over each other to support him shows clearly that they all admire and crave for his support from afar. The current crisis has opened the door for a possible realignment and it is left for the handlers of the President to handle the current rift in the party with care else, he may have himself to blame.
Its sad you cant see what the femis and other yorubas are trying to do. They are trying to stop history from repeating itself. worst case scenario, buhari will send tinubu to jail and nothing will happen. It will only big a big shame that for the upteenth time, yoruba leaders have been used and umped by the north. This is the scenario Femi is trying to avoid. He captured this sentiments well in the last paragraph

Equally important, the South-West must learn from the past when Akintola was used to divide it from Awolowo. That kind of history must not be allowed to repeat itself. From my point of view, the bottom line is as follows. My democratic instincts have always made me opposed to Tinubu’s status as the godfather of South-West politics. But under the present circumstances, I would rather have Tinubu as the godfather of South-West politics, than have Buhari as the godfather of South-West politics. To the extent that a Tinubu can never be the godfather of North-West politics, then Buhari must never be the godfather of South-West politics.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by veekid(m): 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2016
Yeye
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by nedu2000(m): 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2016
O-Y-O

2 Likes

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Donprayer(m): 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
Summary please
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ghengen
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by berrystunn(m): 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2016
Obj fine pass this man

1 Like

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by SharkTank(m): 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2016
seunmsg:

Yoruba hadn't betrayed the ss when Ezeoke and Okadigbo were running mates. Now there is a new and emerging power bloc - the se/ss. And Yoruba will reap the consequence of their betrayal. All we need to do is get a part of middle belt that has a natural affiliation to the South eg Kogi, Benue, plateau, nasarawa and the Yoruba vote wouldn't matter because it is naturally worthless - always split half like how APC and PDP shared it 60 - 40 in the last election

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by chiedu7: 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
The way the North is running things.

Moving Tinubu out of the way.

Rigging elections in Edo State.

Imprisoning anybody who opposes them.

Silencing all critics!

We cannot but laugh.

Nigerians were warned.

Tinubu was warned, and he felt he could handle Buhari.

Well we can see that the North plan to rule their captives forever.
That why they want to sell the assets in the south to the North.

I thank God that IPOB & NDA dont agree with that philosophy.

23 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fisayo Soyombo's Ikoyi Prisons Report: Nigerian Correctional Service Reacts / I Never Said APC Betrayed Me - Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks After EFCC Invited Him / Why We Declared Benue Governorship Election Inconclusive – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.