Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup (2298 Views)

Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead / The British-Ijebu War Of 1892 (The Battle Of Imagbon) / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
I was just surprised discussing with a friend of ijebu origin who just told me ijebu ode is not part of any Yoruba group as the have their own culture and language different from yoruba ...he went further to state that they were annexed by the Yoruba larger group by the virtue of them been in western region and close to Yoruba people.
too that awori people in lagos are never related to Yoruba..
so why do Yoruba claim Lagos and even consider ijebu as a subgroup?? is it a colonisation tendency??

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by EasternActivist: 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
Yoruba's like giving themselves false orgasm...

Op let them be joorh

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:
I was just surprised discussing with a friend of ijebu origin who just told me ijebu ode is not part of any Yoruba group as the have their own culture and language different from yoruba ...he went further to state that they were annexed by the Yoruba larger group by the virtue of them been in western region and close to Yoruba people.
too that awori people in lagos are never related to Yoruba..
so why do Yoruba claim Lagos and even consider ijebu as a subgroup?? is it a colonisation tendency??

Tfoh!

Ijebus are not Yorubas at all, they are Urhobos. Otondo

Y'all fan-yogo people better sort out the issues you have with your confused clans and stop trying
to get Yorubas involved in this bullshit grin.

11 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by Justiceleague1: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Tfoh!

Ijebus are not Yorubas at all, they are Urhobos. Otondo

Y'all fan-yogo people better sort out the issues you have with your confused clans and stop trying
to get Yorubas involved in this bullshit grin.

yesso,they mustnt,i repeat,they must not get afonja involved in this bullmess grin grin
haaahahaha.....
Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 04, 2016
Justiceleague1:

yesso,they mustnt,i repeat,they must not get afonja involved in this bullmess
haaahahaha.....

Shukudaberu, I dey suspect say you be homo . Why are you chasing me around tho

4 mentions from you on 3 different threads. Se ko si?

That tospy wey I serve you on the other thread still dey pain you abi? grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by Justiceleague1: 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Shukudaberu, I dey suspect say you be homo . Why are you chasing me around tho

4 mentions from you on 3 different threads. Se ko si?

That tospy wey I serve you on the other thread still dey pain you abi?
grin cheesy

ahahahahahahaha.....u don miss road,ni? Lolsss....be like say ya 'friends' plenty....u go hear nwèn..kikikikikiki....
Talkin'bout homo,hope dem nø penetrate ya ny..sh for kuje aaaahahahahahahahahahahaha.... grin grin

op,so ijebu nø be afonja!? shocked
Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by Funjosh(m): 3:48pm On Oct 04, 2016
tongue
Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by genieluv(f): 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
I have evn heard many Okun people from Kogi say that they are not yorubas. Many Ilorin people reject yoruba too.
Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by jayrule(m): 4:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
genieluv:
I have evn heard many Okun people from Kogi say that they are not yorubas. Many Ilorin people reject yoruba too.

Madam, why are you hell bent on reducing the larger tribes?
What have we done to you?

The OP is silly. Always dragging Ndi Igbo into tribal banter and unnecessary tribal battering.

Ijebu is Yoruba, Okun is Yoruba, we have non Yoruba elements in Kwarra (indigenous fulanis whose ancestor conquered the Yorubas of kwarra state. We have the tapas too from Neighbouring Niger state who migrated as a result of Islam and became indigenous through assimilation by religio-cultural affinity). Kwarra state Yoruba land! And 78% percent are indigenous Yorubas!

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by wellstryme(m): 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
OP you dey craze no be small,this tribes you mention don't speak yoruba abi,you are suffering from inferiority complex,you are quick to divide the yoruba tribe,soon you will say ogun state is not yoruba,better think of how you will be useful to your south east and leave our tribe alone..The point is you know we are better than you fucktardan,such a wasteful being you are

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by genieluv(f): 11:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
jayrule:

Madam, why are you hell bent on reducing the larger tribes?
What have we done to you?

The OP is silly. Always dragging Ndi Igbo into tribal banter and unnecessary tribal battering.

Ijebu is Yoruba, Okun is Yoruba, we have non Yoruba elements in Kwarra (indigenous fulanis whose ancestor conquered the Yorubas of kwarra state. We have the tapas too from Neighbouring Niger state who migrated as a result of Islam and became indigenous through assimilation by religio-cultural affinity). Kwarra state Yoruba land! And 78% percent are indigenous Yorubas!

As much as i may appear mischievious to your likes, i am not saying the wrong thing. The truth must be said sometimes no matter what.

And pls, are u from Kwara state or have u ever been in the north central region? Kwara state can never be up to 78% yoruba, how?
Kwara has 3 senatorial disricts, the whole of Kwara north is populated by Nupes and Bariba (Busa) people, while Kwara central (Ilorin) is mixed, everyone speaks yoruba here as his mother's tongue or second language but not everyone identifies as yoruba, some choose to idetify as fulanis, nupes or just ilorin. This is the region plagued with identity crisis, while Kwara south are the bonafide ethnic yorubas.
So tell me how this kind of state can be 78% yorubas. You have no right to count everyone in Kwara central or Ilorin as yorubas, hell NO!. Kwara is somewhat 60% yoruba while 40% nupes, baribas, busa and fulani. Nothing more nothing less, pls stop spreading false facts!
Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by jayrule(m): 6:40am On Oct 05, 2016
genieluv:

As much as i may appear mischievious to your likes, i am not saying the wrong thing. The truth must be said sometimes no matter what.

And pls, are u from Kwara state or have u ever been in the north central region? Kwara state can never be up to 78% yoruba, how?
Kwara has 3 senatorial disricts, the whole of Kwara north is populated by Nupes and Bariba (Busa) people, while Kwara central (Ilorin) is mixed, everyone speaks yoruba here as his mother's tongue or second language but not everyone identifies as yoruba, some choose to idetify as fulanis, nupes or just ilorin. This is the region plagued with identity crisis, while Kwara south are the bonafide ethnic yorubas.
So tell me how this kind of state can be 78% yorubas. You have no right to count everyone in Kwara central or Ilorin as yorubas, hell NO!. Kwara is somewhat 60% yoruba while 40% nupes, baribas, busa and fulani. Nothing more nothing less, pls stop spreading false facts!

Na your own head ache be that. Is it because they are all merged into one state by force!
My point is, the indigenous Yoruba speaking are Yorubas. Period!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by PFRB: 8:23am On Oct 05, 2016
Ilaje, Ikale, Egun, Awori, etc are not Yoruba. Most of Ondo sate, Lagos and Badagery, and Ijebu Ode are not Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by Olu317(m): 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2016
I want to appeal to the YORUBAIANS in this forum to neglect this genieluv or whatever her/his name may because it is obvious she or he is envious of YORUBA RACE whose history is an amazement to the white. Did they see how Ooni of IFE was addressed at United States Congress in the recent past or the way Alaafin was welcome to Brazil ?, 1000s of years ahead of them all. It is in their blood to ENVY with or without Reasons. Yoruba Race is marching to the greatest height and let them continue in their hatred. God bless Yoruba Race

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by orimsamsam(m): 4:42am On Oct 06, 2016
Olu317:
I want to appeal to the YORUBAIANS in this forum to neglect this genieluv or whatever her/his name may because it is obvious she or he is envious of YORUBA RACE whose history is an amazement to the white. Did they see how Ooni of IFE was addressed at United States Congress in the recent past or the way Alaafin was welcome to Brazil ?, 1000s of years ahead of them all. It is in their blood to ENVY with or without Reasons. Yoruba Race is marching to the greatest height and let them continue in their hatred. God bless Yoruba Race
u see am always surprise,When A non Yoruba distort Yoruba history just to suit his/her selfish interest. How can someone living in Anambra just wake up and start spewing rubbish about ijebu. Even the afonja story they dont knw the story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Ijebu Not A Yoruba Subgroup by bigfrancis21: 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
PFRB:
Ilaje, Ikale, Egun, Awori, etc are not Yoruba. Most of Ondo sate, Lagos and Badagery, and Ijebu Ode are not Yorubas.

I once met one guy here in the US, Ayo, from Ondo state who said he's not Yoruba but from 'one of the ethnic groups like that in Ondo state', according to him.

(1) (Reply)

Igala Isn't A Yoruba Language But Classified As Yoruboid / Congolese VS Ivorians(cote Iviore) VS Cameroonians / On December 21st Are We Going Wait 2 See Australians Dye First Before We Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.