Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! (50921 Views)

Fifteen Stupid Things A Wife Can Do To Mess Up Her Marriage!!! / Please How Can Someone Handle A Wife That Loves Sex So Much? / See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by ibx1976: 5:10pm On Oct 05, 2016
My people its been two days of laughter mixed with serious talk. I appreciate all the message of support and all the merriment this thread brought.

Every man has his own way of doing things. What works for one may not work for the other. What is the point of living if one does not take risks? I have heard all the warnings but I don't want to regret not exploring every channel in this process either.

The issue of marrying a "stranger" from home is as good or bad as meeting someone in the UK. Its entirely the Grace of God that two people are able to live together in harmony. There are good and bad both in UK and naija.

The fact that a person ended up divorcing a wife they brought from naija does not make all naija women bad.

Its important to build a relationship before marrying but what if you cant due to extraneous circumstances?

I will embark on my journey bearing in mind all the advice (and jokes grin )

Hopefully I will post again when I return from my pilgrimage grin

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2016
merxi55:
oh oh! dearie, that was rather harsh, let her express her emotions nah...just tell her you want her too,instead of being bothered about her expressions

I know you are also searching....then you saw someone with pounds sterling you just went bingo.

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by sukkot: 10:33pm On Oct 05, 2016
lepasharon:

With brexit their numbers should reduce
insha Allah wink
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by lepasharon(f): 10:49pm On Oct 05, 2016
sukkot:
insha Allah wink

Lool do you hate them that bad
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by jabojafa(m): 12:37am On Oct 06, 2016
Annie2059:
please do what you think is best for you, as for good ladies, they can still be found here in naija, they don't know that, don't you go listening to all those discouraging words....
you are right. OP dnt mind wot these boys are saying ooh there good girls everywhere including Uk, naija iraq iran Usa etc. Every Saturday girls are getting married so whr hw cum dey are saying no good girls in naija again. Good girls plenty welwel, jst pray to God to direct u on whom to choose He know d hrt of every1 includng all d girls in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by jabojafa(m): 1:15am On Oct 06, 2016
abike12:

Instead of you to seek to make a meaningful relationship where you live, with someone you can see everyday and learn more about them, you are going to look for who you don't know in Nigeria. Someone you will date for 6 months over the phone and import them into UK like raw material? Could this be because you are one of those traditional men that is looking for a virgin to pound yam for you? Search yourself. There are too many Nigerians in the UK that you can meet through family, friends and also going out socially. Work on your packaging and stop chasing dreams of importing a doormat. Remember, the devil you know...
your comment potrays a high sense of maturity. I hvnt met or seen u but i cn bet u are nt d ordinary gal. U seem to hv a gud hrt.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Titilayooni(f): 8:39am On Oct 06, 2016
Eleganza33:
Nawa why Una they discourage the man, all those people screaming niaja girls are oloshos you all have mothers and sisters dnt tell me they are oloshos as well,their are bad girls and good ones same with guys. Op why not try the social media like Facebook many have find their partners there,if you are on Facebook their are ladies you must have been admiring for some time now,check the profiles as well for any red flag you can strike a conversation,na so e dey take start o,and don't create any impression that you are rich be humble, another one is if you trust your mother well enough on this issue you can tell her to look for a wife for you or your sisters self,but make sure you screen any lady you will marry.
Thank you jare...NL guys sound as if all the ladies in Nigeria are oloshos...and they are still d same guys that patronize them...all of una pata wey they talk,I pity una.. Op come home abeg I have a good sister for you(Lol)

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Titilayooni(f): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2016
ibx1976:
My people its been two days of laughter mixed with serious talk. I appreciate all the message of support and all the merriment this thread brought.

Every man has his own way of doing things. What works for one may not work for the other. What is the point of living if one does not take risks? I have heard all the warnings but I don't want to regret not exploring every channel in this process either.

The issue of marrying a "stranger" from home is as good or bad as meeting someone in the UK. Its entirely the Grace of God that two people are able to live together in harmony. There are good and bad both in UK and naija.

The fact that a person ended up divorcing a wife they brought from naija does not make all naija women bad.

Its important to build a relationship before marrying but what if you cant due to extraneous circumstances?

now you are talking,everything is just the grace of God...and HE will direct your steps iJN,just be patient
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by sukkot: 9:29am On Oct 06, 2016
lepasharon:

Lool do you hate them that bad
not really grin
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by sweetcocoa(f): 9:44am On Oct 06, 2016
Analee:
dnt talk against d anointd one so u dnt bring curse upon ursef,dnt sit far n judge wat u know nt,js cm close n c tinz ursef so dat wen next u also hear somone critizing him u can also tel d person to cm close,cos i was once a critics of opm,bt i cam to realise it wasnt wat i was tinking n hearing,stil askn GOD for forgivnes.
Story story.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Eleganza33(f): 10:04am On Oct 06, 2016
My sister d olosho they scream these days for every lil tin they make me vex,lol me too can hook him up wit sum1 self,gudluck to im
Titilayooni:
Thank you jare...NL guys sound as if all the ladies in Nigeria are oloshos...and they are still d same guys that patronize them...all of una pata wey they talk,I pity una.. Op come home abeg I have a good sister for you(Lol)

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by slizylindy: 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
OP, in 2011, you opened a thread here titled "Can I find a wife in NL?" which means this your search started a long time ago. Do you mean that for 6yrs you still haven't found one? shocked Despite the fact that we have more females in search of husbands. This is interesting!

Please when you come to Nigeria, go to one or two well populated new generation churches, you will find more youths with singles among them but please still do the necessary research on any you may find interest in.

My 2cents.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by naijafeminist: 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
hopeforcharles:
in as much as you have a point, but I disagree with the part where u said women are treated now is not ok, because its even now women are treated better due to advancements and development technologically,the problem is a bit from the women because since they became educated they feel have arrived and are acting up forgetting that two captains can never peacefully control a ship, I think women should have a rethink.

No one is talking about control here. Why do men feel so intimidated? It's like anytime a woman manages to make a decision, it becomes control. The problems in marriages these days is beyond control. Should we also talk about men who don't want to be responsible? Check yourselves. The blame game won't help anyone

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by naijafeminist: 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
Malakh:
A feminist or a rebel shouldn't be talking the way you talk but it was written that a woman shall compass a man but He also said the vintage shall cease and the gathering shall not come in other words no more money to be made,I do like your reasoning

A feminist is not a rebel. A feminist is someone who believes women should have rights to make certain decisions for themselves. And there is nothing wrong or rebellious about that. Now, how each individual chooses to interpret it is a topic for another day but in the real sense there is nothing negative about feminism unless you're an enemy of progress.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by sisisioge: 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2016
ibx1976:

grin grin
You still wan come home? Cool...your resilience is admirable. People like you eventually find, I just hope you find turned out really good.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Flawlessangel(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2016
@ibx1976 there's a good lady on nairaland i think you should hook up with. Her name is sisisioge. I think she's decent and fun to be with.

She is a marriage material
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by sisisioge: 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
Flawlessangel:
@ibx1976 there's a good lady on nairaland i think you should hook up with. Her name is sisisioge. I think she's decent and fun to be with.

She is a marriage material

Omg! grin grin grin
Now I'm seriously blushing blue! Thanks buddy...u sef don join the wagon to find me bobo be that. Thank yah wink

CC: Dyt -
I think at this rate, you might have to come for dress fitting soon! Guest list plus one!
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Flawlessangel(m): 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2016
sisisioge:

Omg! grin grin grin
Now I'm seriously blushing blue! Thanks buddy...u sef don join the wagon to find me bobo be that. Thank yah wink

CC: Dyt -
I think at this rate, you might have to come for dress fitting soon! Guest list plus one!

you are welcome, i just dont wanna see good women single when bad girls are getting married all over the place
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by ibx1976: 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2016
sisisioge:

grin grin
You still wan come home? Cool...your resilience is admirable. People like you eventually find, I just hope you find turned out really good.
grin
Already boarding my flight.
YOLO jare
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by sisisioge: 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2016
ibx1976:

grin
YOLO jare

Good call!
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Dyt(f): 6:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
ibx1976:

grin
YOLO jare

sisisioge:

Good call!

grin grin grin
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Acheron: 8:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
Dyt:

grin grin grin
Alarina wink
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Dyt(f): 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
Acheron:

Alarina wink

Yes ooo
cheesy
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by hopeforcharles(m): 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2016
naijafeminist:

No one is talking about control here. Why do men feel so intimidated? It's like anytime a woman manages to make a decision, it becomes control. The problems in marriages these days is beyond control. Should we also talk about men who don't want to be responsible? Check yourselves. The blame game won't help anyone
Here is a test, Have u seen a woman been the head of the family and doesn't treat the man like shit?
A woman can never play a the role of a man in the house and don't complain,
This should clearly tell you it's the role of the man to dictate things and the woman to support, advice or request.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by naijafeminist: 8:12am On Oct 08, 2016
hopeforcharles:

Here is a test, Have u seen a woman been the head of the family and doesn't treat the man like shit?
A woman can never play a the role of a man in the house and don't complain,
This should clearly tell you it's the role of the man to dictate things and the woman to support, advice or request.

You what is wrong with your argument? There are a lot of men who are heads who also treat their women like poo, what do you have to say about that? Being a dickhead is not gender specific. Like I said, the blame game won't help anyone. If you like, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 1:35am On Jan 29, 2017
ibx1976:
My good people I am in a bit of a situation here and would like to hear from the community. I have lived the last few years in the UK and can say I am in a reasonably "settled" place in my life except for one thing: I don't have a wife and I am getting old!.

Did you find her?
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by omosefeeguaibor(f): 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2017
Lovelynature:
You are welcome bro.

Just be careful because karashakas many for Naija

I will advise pretend as a nobody for a while to know you truly love you for who you are and not for what you have

Good luck

pretend you say, when he has only a month there's no time for games, and the chance of you getting a good wife within that space of time is like 10percent, who knows try ur luck since ur mind is set on a Nigerian wife

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

I Am Tired Of My Wife / Newborn Baby Girl With Cute Eyebrow (Photos) / Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.