Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) (11032 Views)

Crown Of Thorns - A Story Of Love, Hatred, Lust And Adventure / A Heart Melting Story Of A Boy Who Was So Determined To Goto School(a Must Read) / A Court Of Mist And Fury (A Court Of Thorns And Roses #2) - Book Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by amicable212(f): 10:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
Chapter Five

Being sober at all times is important to avoid mistakes.

I woke up feeling weak as I felt pain all round my body. I moved my eyes round the blue room as I was still in shock. I saw two ladies discussing with one clad in a white gown with a name tag on her breast pocket. I was quick to realize that the lady in question was a nurse with her name boldly written on her name tag - nurse Vivian.

I groaned as I tried to move my body. Nurse Vivian rushed to the side of my bed laying my head gently on the pillow. I noticed the bandage round my head;I screamed as the pains were becoming unbearable. The nurse placed a call to another nurse telling her to bring a doctor down to ward A, room 101.

The doctor came in with a stethoscope hung round his neck. He placed the other end of the stethoscope on my chest and afterward told nurse Vivian to take my temperature and dress my bandage. I inquired from the doctor about my husband but he said nothing as his attention was fixed on a patient beside me. I posed the question to nurse Vivian who assured me that everything was okay and that the doctor will give me details soon. She gave me some painkiller drugs while I slept afterward.

I opened my mouth in shock as the doctor spoke the words. My husband had not visited since I was admitted as a patient in the hospital for two days. According to the doctor, he brought me in with severe wounds and had told them I fell down while bathing. I looked at the doctor with unshed tears welling up in my eyes. What have I gotten myself into?How did things result to this suddenly?I told the doctor that I was feeling better and would like to leave the vicinity. He agreed after some check-ups and also prescribed the needed drugs. I was happy to hear that the baby was not affected by the incident. I changed into my gown thinking about the incident. I did not smile at the nurses who bid me farewell. I walked out of the hospital like a lion in search of a prey. I boarded a taxi ready to tear Daniel into pieces.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by amicable212(f): 11:32pm On Oct 06, 2016

The house was quiet as usual as I got in that day. Ahmed asked me questions about my health condition as he took the things I brought with me inside. I was grateful that at least someone was concerned about me. I had refused to pick my mum`s call as i had no excuse to tell her about my refusal to pick her phone calls for two days. I brought out my phone from my handbag and placed a call to her.

“Hello Gabriella. How are you?”My mum said.

“Am fine man.” I replied.

“Is everything okay?You did not pick my calls for two days .” She said with a worried tone over the phone.

“Mama, am fine. My phone fell in a bucket of water and it got damaged severely. I was not able to reach you due to that.” I lied to my mum.

It seemed the lie had a positive effect on her as she readily believed my story. I hung up on her with a promise to visit soon. I was sad that I lied to her but every situation has a better day for it explanation. I had to focus on finding Daniel.

I opened the door to my room only to find Daniel sleeping comfortably on the bed. My heart boiled in anger as I made my way to wake him up but on a second thought, I decided to wait for him to wake up and explain his reasons for acting strange.

Few hours later, Daniel sat down on the bed with his hand on his chin. I stood near the door observing him. He seemed to have grown old overnight as his oval shape face tightened as though he had a heavy load on his head. Daniel turned at the sound of my footstep;his eyes were fixed on me even as I got closer. Though I walked boldly to him, I trembled silently as anything could happen. He got up the moment I got near him.

“Gabriella, am sorry.” He said looking straight into my eyes.

My anger grew worst for all I could see in his dark eyes were that of an unremorseful sinner. He said the words as though they meant nothing to him. I flinged his hand which was holding my arm in anger.

“What!You are sorry?Daniel what has gotten into you. You are not even remorseful. How can you lay your hands on the woman you promise to love all your life?Daniel I hate you.” I cried hitting him repeatedly on his chest.

“Ella, it's not what you think. You pushed me to the wall. If only you had left me alone, it wouldn't result to you being in the hospital.” Daniel replied.

“Hospital?Daniel you still have the guts to mention the word hospital. A place where I was without any visit from you. You are a beast and I hate you.” I exclaimed with my head stretched out as though I was ready for war.

“Just stop it for God sake!Stop acting like a two months old baby.” Daniel said as he walked out on me.

I couldn't believe it. Reality dawn on me as I began to see the clearer picture. How on earth did I not see these signs before now?Daniel had never behaved rudely to me. Could it be because of another woman?

I had this belief then that it was because of a woman but I never knew that the devil has his agents here on earth and maybe Daniel was among them. But to me, he was indeed worse than the devil.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by harjay0623(f): 7:36am On Oct 07, 2016
Following...ds is good smiley
Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by amicable212(f): 11:33am On Oct 07, 2016
Chapter Six

The truth may come up late, at the wrong time.

Daniel had not been home for the past three days but I was not worried because his abscence had become regular. We quarreled everyday and I became tired of the whole thing. He became angry at any slightest thing I did;it was as though I meant nothing to him. I did not tell him about the baby since the situation in the house was bad.

I looked at the wall clock which was tickling. Sweet memories flashed in my head as I remembered how we both fought to retain the old watch which was given to him by his late grand mother when he was a child. It was 8:50pm but yet there was still no sign of Daniel. Though I was still upset by his strange behaviour, I was a little bit concerned about his welfare. I shook my head as I thought of how I will live my life as a widow. I thought of involving my family but on a second thought, i chose to tackle the issue alone.

I was brought back to reality by a spark of lightening accompanied with thunder. I hurriedly closed all the windows to avoid the cool breeze from getting inside the house. The rain poured down heavily from the sky. I walked into my bedroom, changed to my night wear and I came downstairs to complete the seasonal Korean movie. I lay my head on the couch as my mind was so engrossed in the film.

All of a sudden, someone banged on the door from outside. I walked straight to the door hoping it was Daniel and my thought was right. Daniel was clad in a black top and trouser with a face cap covering his face. His clothes were wet due to the heavy rainfall. My curiosity increased as I could not bear his strange attitude such as coming home at an odd hour.

“Good evening.” I greeted.

“Evening.” He said coldly.

I blocked the entrance as he was about to go him. He gave me an hostile look but I was not bothered.

“Where are you coming from at this odd hour?” I asked.

He stared at me for a moment and replied my question as though he was forced to. “I had a lot to do at the office today ”

He walked passed me and went straight to the room. I stood at the door watching him as he took his every step. I was losing him daily as I watched helplessly. The house was quiet except for the constant drop of rain from the ceiling to the ground. The weather was cool and the cold increased. I have a feeble body that is allergic to rain. Each time I get beat by the rain, I develop a serious cough or cold feet. I couldn't bear the cold atmosphere anymore, I turned off the TV set. Daniel was sleeping camly on the bed. His smooth face glowed as his sweet little lips rested on his mouth. I felt like touching the sweet little face and cuddle his lip into mine. I lay on the bed with unrest mind filled with thoughts.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by amicable212(f): 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2016

I woke up the next day with a warm smile on my face. I felt the aura of joy around me. I turned to wake Daniel up only to discover that he was not in bed. I got up, opened my brush case and then proceeded to the bathroom to wash my teeth.

I was upset when I saw the state of my dressing room. The room was untidy with clothes on the floor. My personal locker was opened and scattered as though someone tampered with it. I knew it was the handwork of Daniel. I tried calling his line but his phone was off. I went around my normal duty as I did not want the thought of Daniel to change my happy mood.

I wore my black suit and applied my Smart perfume. I entered my office elegantly as my slow footstep attracted attention. My body swinged left to right and I felt like a beauty queen. Even my male assistant could not resist my looks and the nice scent that filled my office.

I log into my computer to check out the contract agreement between my company and Mobile oil. I was placed in charge of the project for over a month and no mistake will be tolerated.

I was discussing the contract deal with my contract team when I received two unexpected guests. Leonard, Daniel's friend came into my office with a lady. I took permission from my team member and then walked out with the guests.

Leonard was observing me slowly as I noticed his eyes that where fixed on me. I spoke to quench the silence.

“Good morning.” I greeted.

“Morning.” Leonard replied.

“I hope there is no problem?” I asked as they were both quiet.

“There is a problem.” The lady in red said.

“How may I be of help?” I asked worried as my thought drifted to Daniel.

“Ella, where is Daniel?” Leonard asked staring at me.

“Daniel?Is he not supposed to be in the office.” I replied.

“He is not in the office as we speak and that is why we are here.” The lady in red said.

“I don't know where he is. He was not in bed when I woke up this morning. Is my husband okay?” I said.

“Mrs Ella, I find it hard to believe your story. So you expect me to believe that you don't know where your husband is at the moment.” The lady in red asked.

I got upset over the whole thing. Why were they asking me questions about Daniel as though I was a staff in the motel.

“Madam, I don't have time for this. I have work to attend to.” I said.

Leonard held my hand as I was about to leave. He looked at me as I held certain answers in my eyes.

“Ella, Daniel has not been to the office for the past three days and we need to know his wherabouts. We need your co-operation.” Leonard said.

I opened my mouth wide in shock, “Missing?when?How?” I asked. My mind flashed back to what Daniel told me that he was busy with some works in the office. How come nobody saw him. Could it be that he lied to me?

“Well. He has not reported to the office for three days and we need to hear from him about our next contract plan. Please, we will leave you to attend to your business for now but call us if you see him.” She said .

They left leaving me in my own world. I became confused at the whole thing. Why will Daniel go missing?It was beginning to sound like a joke to me. I went back to my office to continue with the contract plan. I was worried throughout the meeting but I kept it all to myself.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by Anugod(f): 3:21pm On Oct 07, 2016
Intriguing. Suspense filled. Way to go girl, keep it up. kiss
Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by amicable212(f): 5:54pm On Oct 07, 2016
Chapter Seven

Unexpected events are things we humans should be prepared for.

I was exhausted by the time I got home. I took my bath, prepared lunch while attending to some files which I brought from the office. We had planned on meeting with the manager of Mobile oil to finalize the contract agreement. I smiled as I envisioned our success;the contract looked at first too hard to attain considering the number of companies that applied for the contract. Due to my dedication to my job, I was promoted to the post of a secretary to the GM of the company and it gave me an upperhand over my colleagues. Thelma transferred to our other branch in Abuja as she requested since her husband, Jude resides there.

My thought drifted off to Daniel`s case as I was still confused over the whole thing. I called him earlier to confirm if he was okay but there was no response. I planned on involving the police if he has not come home. My phone bleeped bringing me back;I hurriedly picked my phone to view the sender hoping it would be from Daniel but I was disappointed. My GM was the caller who called to confirm my readiness for the contract. I assured him that things will go well. I heaved a sigh of relief as I put an end to the call.

I woke up early the next day as I was anxious throughout the night. I ate fried plaintain with egg, diluting it with a glass of milk. I must say that I ate that under the pretense of feeding the baby. My blue skimpy gown which I hung in the wardrobe was the gift I received from Daniel on my 29th birthday. I quickly changed into the gown, applied my make up and then bottled up all the contract papers into a file. I recited my speech to avoid any mistake in the conference room.

I was about leaving when I received a message alert in my phone. I opened my inbox to check the content of the message and I also noticed that the message was from an unknown number. I read the boldly written words:

“YOU CAN PRETEND BUT JUST KNOW THAT YOU CAN`T PROTECT YOURSELF FOREVER. TURN YOURSELF IN.”

I stood still, still shocked by the message as I read the over and over again. I couldn't get over those words even as I entered the car heading towards my office. I thought maybe the sender mistook my number for another. The thought of that left my mind Immediately as I concentrated on the contract.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by Barristertemmie(f): 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2016
More updates pls.I'm enjoying the story like cold pepsi and jollof.Nice Story.
Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by amicable212(f): 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2016
The conference room was already occupied when I got in with my GM. We both got ourselves a seat in the air condition cozy room. I quickly brought out my report and research file to make sure I was adequately prepared. The meeting started few minutes later as the general manager of Mobile oil came in with some staff. Other delegates from various companies were in attendance including Denver Ltd which was one of the best in Enugu. Our company and Denver Ltd were nominated for an award which came up in December that year.

The other companies presented their report while I prepared myself for my presentation. I stood up elegantly in front of all with my report file in my hand. I began my report confidently:

“I thank you all for this great opportunity to stand before you. My special regard goes to the staff of Mobile oil. I have made some research about Mobile oil which I believe has helped me so far. Mobile oil is the most popular motor oil in Enugu and since Its establishment has served motorists well. This great firm has everything it wants but is still lacking in one aspect.......which is to improve it quality in order to increase it chances of overtaking competitors. This is what my company- Linton is good at and known for. competitors are emerging everyday and for Mobile oil to be at the top, it needs to collaborate with us as we provide quality service that will make the company not only the best in Enugu but also nation wide.

I have two files about Mobile oil which contains my research studies. The photocopy of the files are going round so you can get a glance at it. I know that if Mobile oil partner with Linton, we will emerge best. Thank you.” I said going back to my seat.

There was a round of applause. The GM of Mobile oil spoke to us and cheered every effort made. He analysed all our proposals and when it was time for the award of contract to the best company, the unexpected happened.

Two men in black suits came into the conference room together with the lady in red which I later found out that Elizabeth(her name)was the secretary to Chantel motel where Daniel worked. They met with the GM and were discussing in low tone. As though what they came for was more important than the meeting, they walked out of the room in company with the GM of Mobile oil.

We were all having low conversations in the conference room when they returned. The face of the GM of Mobile oil was gloomy let alone that of the other three. I was trying to figure out what was going on when I heard my name. My heart beat increased as every eyes turned to face me. I stood up wondering how could be of help when one of the men in black suit came to me. The look he gave me obviously showed that something was wrong. I received the shock of my life when he spoke the words that led to my damnation.

“Mrs Gabriellla, I am a police officer from Ogui division.” The bald head policeman said showing me his identification card. “We are to bring you to custody as a perpetrator of fraud on the company Chantel motel in liasion with your husband. Anything you say now will be use against you in court. You have the right to bring your lawyer.” He said bringing out his handcuff

I was beyond words as I stammered trying to place my words correctly. “Sir, this i-s must be a mi-s-understand-ing. F-rau-d?I don`t know what you mean.” I said with my knees almost knuckling together.

Everybody was looking at me in disbelief as I could see the look of disappointment on the face of my company GM. The house was divided as everyone was discussing about my arrest. I bow my head in shame as I walked out of the door with the policemen behind me.

I felt my life had just taken a disastrous u-turn as things were becoming unbearable. From the case of Daniel to an unknown fraud case. I mumbled the words out of my mind in utter confusion.

How do I get out of this?I thought to myself. I was devastated as I got into the police Van.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by amicable212(f): 11:18pm On Oct 07, 2016
Chapter Eight

Life at times can turn sour.

I was taken to the interrogation room the moment I got to the police station. Though I wasn't treated badly in the police van, I had the feeling that something was going on. I closed my eyes praying to God for help. I was kept there alone for 30 minutes. During that 30 minutes, the tension increased.I bit my lower lip nervously as my hands were trembling. I realized then that I was not with my phone.

A policeman came in with my handbag and handed it over to me. I was told to call my lawyer quickly as the questioning will begin soon. Instead of calling my lawyer, I called my mum explaining everything to her. My mother told me to relax promising to get a good lawyer. I hung up on the call while the policeman carried the handbag away with my phone.

I looked round the room which was empty with only a table and chair where I sat down. Few minutes later, my lawyer Mr Kelvin Obasi came in with a black briefcase. We were given just 20 minutes to discuss and I told him that I was confused as to why I was brought in. The two policemen who arrested me came in with Elizabeth(the lady in red). They sat down with their gaze fixed on me. Elizabeth dropped the file which she was holding on the table. The interrogation began.

“Mrs Gabriella, I hope you know why you are here?” The bald head policeman asked.

“I don`t know sir. For God sake, why am I here?I need to know” I shouted in anger.

“So you want us to believe you don`t know why you are here.” He asked again.

“Please sir, what have I done wrong?” I asked.

“Criminal. How can you deny that you know nothing?Pathetic liar.” Elizabeth said pointing her finger at me.

“What?Me, a criminal?Are you out of your mind?” I exclaimed ready to pull her hair out of her head.

“The both of you should sit down.” The bald head man said hitting the table.

Mrs Gabriella, you were arrested for defrauding Chantel motel of the sum of #2 million.” The other policeman said.

I looked at him as though he was speaking gibberish. “Officer, you must have mistaken me for someone else. I don`t work in that motel, so how will I play such prank.” I said defensively.

“Are you not Gabriella Okafor?” The bald head policeman shouted getting up from his seat. “The file I have here shows that you and your husband duped Quora company and collected money meant for Chantel motel.” He said passing the file to my lawyer.

“You withdrew the sum of #200,000 from the company`s account which you hacked since it was debited in your name. You have two charges against you- first, you deceived Quora company and transferred the money given to you into your account. The second charge is the fact that you defrauded Chantel motel of #2million. As of now, your husband is missing and we all know that he is your accomplice in this fraud case. It is better you admit to the crime and face the music.” The policeman said looking at me.

“Gabriella” Elizabeth shouted standing up from her seat. “You and your husband will surely pay for this. After everything the company did for Daniel, he got the guts to turn against us. You will surely spend the rest of your life in prison. You will hear from my lawyer. See you in court.” Elizabeth shouted leaving the interrogation room.

“Please sir(s). I would like to have a little time with my client. It is likely this will lead to going to court. We have to prepare.” My lawyer said pleading with the two policeman.

“Okay. She will be release for now and place under close watch. You should prepare. If you try to hide Mrs Gabriella, you will be caught definitely.” The bald head man said.

The two policemen left taking the file with them. I burst into tears as I sat down. My lawyer tried to calm me down but my tears got worst. Throughout my journey home, I shed tears as I knew I was in a serious problem.

My lawyer was busy persuading me to relax that everything would come out well but I was beyond lost as I ponder on what will happen next between me and Chantel motel.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by bibijay123(f): 12:02am On Oct 08, 2016
I am still here Amy......kudos for the good job kiss

1 Like

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 08, 2016
The storyline is mind blowing and unpredictable. Trust me, chapter one couldn't have prepared me for this I just read here. cool

More ink my liefie!

1 Like

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by PeachyP(f): 2:02am On Oct 08, 2016
Wow, such a turn smiley

What did Daniel do now lipsrsealed
Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by amicable212(f): 12:15pm On Oct 08, 2016
Chapter Nine

Real friends are known during tribulations in one`s life.

The house was filled with the aura of sadness as we all sat down passing glances at each other. My mother sat down on the couch crying with her hands on her head. My father and brothers were shocked by what happened as no one spoke.

My mum broke the silence with her wailing. “Oh God!Why?God why my family?Daniel, it will never be well for you. What sin has my family committed against you?” She said sobbing.

I sat down leaning my back on the chair. I began to recall everything that had been happening. How Daniel would ransack the house in search of what I don`t know. How will I plead innocent when every facts point at me?How could Daniel do this to me?I touched my stomach as I felt the baby`s movement in my womb.

“hmmm, please let not ponder on this and forget ourselves. The earlier we prepare, the better.” My father said. “Gabriella, so you didnt notice anything suspicious from Daniel?” He asked.

“Dad, except from the ransacking of the house and change of behavior, I didnt notice anything.” I replied.

“Why didnt you notify us on time about this?” My father asked worried.

“Dad, I didnt think it was this serious.” I said.

“Sister,” my immediate younger brother called, “do you have any idea where Daniel is so that we can start the search from there.” He continued.

“The worst of it all is the absence of Daniel. I have no idea of his wherabouts;I have this feeling that he has absconded to a far place.” I said.

“We will have to inform your lawyer. He has to act fast and win the case.” My father concluded comforting me.

Throughout the night of that day, my mind was filled with thoughts. I turned and turned on the bed restlessly. I was having thoughts on how to clear my name. How did Daniel shift the blame to me?How was he able to use my name Instead of his thereby laying allegations on me?My mind drifted off to the day Daniel ransacked my bag and personal locker. How could I have been so stupid to let things lie low? I felt what I was experiencing was bad not knowing that a lot of allegations were still coming for me.

The incident that took place the next day made me cry for the whole day. The scene created by Daniel`s family left me wondering why I said the YES word to his proposal. I was cooking in the kitchen when Daniel`s mum and sisters barged into the house without knocking.

“Gabriella!Gabriella!” Daniel`s mum called with her hands on her waist.

I came out of the kitchen wondering who was that calling me out. I looked at them with my heart beat rising. I envisioned Daniel standing there and my anger increased. I tried to contain it to avoid myself from doing something crazy.

“ Good morning ma.” I answered. “Please sit down.”

“Gabriella, I am not here to sit down. Why are you so calm as if nothing happened.” She asked.

I figured out she meant the fraud case. “I dont know anything concerning Chantel motel. Daniel had been missing and I need him to explain what is going on. ” I said.

“What?Explain?” Daniel`s younger sister exclaimed, “bitch, ooohh!you want to lay the allegations on my brother. Bloody liar”

I was astonished by her reply and I responded back, “My hands are clean and your brother had been exhibiting strange behaviours before he went missing. I am not the criminal here.” I said trying to convince them.

“Ahh!Gabriella, I never knew you are worst than the devil. You have done something to my son and now you are pretending that he ismissing. You must be joking.” Daniel`s mum said.

“Mother, how can you say such. Why will I harm?He left here with his two legs and since then I have not seen him.” I said.

“If you ever call me mother again, I will beat you up. Do I look like your stupid mother?You better produce my son.” She replied.

I was beyond angry. I responded to her insults, “my mum is not stupid so dont insult her.”

Before I could finish my sentence, I received a slap on my cheek from Daniel`s mum. The tears rolled down freely.

“You are a devil. I have filed a missing report case so you better produce him. Fraudster.” Daniel`s mum said.

To make things worst, Daniel`s sisters called me all sort of names promising to harm me in any possible way until I produce their brother. I couldn't believe this act would be exhibited by the family who showed me love. I cried my eyes out as I was beginning to lose my mind over the whole thing.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 09, 2016
Chai, see brutality!

It will never be well for Daniel, indeed!

Where the hell is Interpol when we need them?

2 Likes

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by kannyluv(f): 9:18am On Oct 09, 2016
what a world,i feel like crying
Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by bibijay123(f): 11:11am On Oct 09, 2016
Babe you are doing a good job here, thank you for this wonderful piece. May God bless you for sharing.

2 Likes

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by bibijay123(f): 11:27am On Oct 09, 2016
amicable212:

Chapter four and five will come up later. Please i need your criticism and comments.

Please read through for typos and do a thorough editing. You could also work on the spacing. Weldone kiss

2 Likes

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by amicable212(f): 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
Chapter Ten

The awaited moment.

I was surprised at the evidence levied before me as my lawyer analysed them. My case had gone worst as all evidence point toward me making it seem as though I was the real culprit. The evidence tabled before me showed that I hacked into the website of Chantel motel on the 2nd of September, 2015 at about 10:00pm. The address was traced to my laptop which I made use of for any office work. It also showed how I withdrew the sum of #200,000 through my phone. I was surprised at how they fabricated the lies.

The one that got me shocked beyond measures was the contract deal between Chantel motel and Quora company which Daniel was the representative. How the evidence was made real made me cry. According to the evidence, I broke into Daniel's personal locker and took the contract file where I scanned the barcode. The most surprising thing was that Daniel was not implicated in any form. The evidence showed nothing about Daniel thereby placing the whole blame on me.

My lawyer's expression was not encouraging as he stared at me like one who does not believe my innocence. He had earlier told me that it will be hard to clear my name and that there were no evidence to prove that I was wrongly accused. The fact that I had two charges against me made my case worst.

I engaged into countless conversations with my lawyer on how to gather evidence that will prove my innocence. We decided to record the fact that I was in bed during those nights my laptop was used and also Daniel's strange behavior. Though these two facts were not solid, it gave us little time to plan. My lawyer reminded me of my first appearance in court which was on the 15th of November,2015. I was told to defend myself and say the truth. My lawyer warned that I should not get intimidated by the other lawyer or else the case will be an easy one for them since my fear can make me accept defeat. I stared at the white ceiling wondering what will be my fate after the court proceeds. November 15th, 2015 was the day the real battle began.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by cinderellashoes(f): 9:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
Awww that Daniel is very wicked. I blame her too becos the wedding was hasty, she didn't take her time to know him well but on a second tot some ppl r very good at deceit so its not her fault. Weldone babe. I sent u a mail earlier...

1 Like

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by amicable212(f): 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
cinderellashoes:
Awww that Daniel is very wicked. I blame her too becos the wedding was hasty, she didn't take her time to know him well but on a second tot some ppl r very good at deceit so its not her fault. Weldone babe. I sent u a mail earlier...

Please can you resend, I have not received any notification.
Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by cinderellashoes(f): 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
amicable212:

Please can you resend, I have not received any notification.

Check again dear. I sent it with my Bibijay acct
Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
I'm friends with Stone Cold Steve Austin and Mike Tyson. I wont brag about small boys like John Cena, who happens to be my neighbour

If I catch that silly Daniel.....#there goes my phone, its Floyd...we do first name things but you can call him Floyd Mayweather Jnr.#

Run for you life Daniel.

1 Like

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by bibijay123(f): 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
jagugu88li:
I'm friends with Stone Cold Steve Austin and Mike Tyson. I wont brag about small boys like John Cena, who happens to be my neighbour

If I catch that silly Daniel.....#there goes my phone, its Floyd...we do first name things but you can call him Floyd Mayweather Jnr.#

Run for you life Daniel.

Lol Daniel is a dead man already cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by amicable212(f): 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
cinderellashoes:

Check again dear. I sent it with my Bibijay acct

Okay. Thanks
Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by kentochi(m): 6:44am On Oct 10, 2016
good one
Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by ifeolamide00(m): 7:57am On Oct 10, 2016
making sense
Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by Gpdwise(m): 8:52am On Oct 10, 2016
I just bought pop corn and fanta!!! this is good writing. very nice indeed amicable chimamada
Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by Banadekush(m): 8:59am On Oct 10, 2016
can't wait o.. the concluding part please!!
Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by Djbond(m): 9:06am On Oct 10, 2016
amicable212 permit me to post this on my fb page
Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by Richstan3: 9:25am On Oct 10, 2016
Please the continuation.. This story made me join today. Keep it up!! wink
Re: A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) by winningseed(f): 11:31am On Oct 10, 2016
next episode please!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Unexpected Fight In Naruto Manga Chapter 343 / My Monster / Sokodobo Wins October 5K Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.