Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression (2619 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Killings An Invitation For Civil War - Benue APC Chairman / Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? / Jonathan’s Statement That He’s Not Finished With Nigeria An Expensive Joke-muric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by Kayceenaz(m): 11:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
Nigeria is a vast political entity comprising distinct cultures that are reminiscent of peculiar ethnic groups. Her complexity as well as beauty lies in her diversity. The Uncreated Creator's enablement of this nation through unlikely circumstances is a testament to the potentials and possibilities that inhere in her. Thus, it can be affirmed in the biblical parlance that what God has joined together, let no man or group put assunder. Sadly, not all Nigerians esteem this notion, and thus have importunately sought to break this union for reasons that are seemingly reasonable but not unconnected with the self-centeredness of the agitators and political juggernauts in the dissatisfied regions.

Secession is a recurrent theme in the front burner of socio-political discourse in the country. Frequently, one social/ethnic group or the other raises its hand signaling its desire to part ways with Nigeria and institute a government that would like a magic wand make all its existing challenges (particularly being shortchanged) varnish. It is appropriate to seek fair treatment, equitable distribution of resources--both human and material--as well as have one's voice be heard and considered when making governmental decisions. In fact, when this ideal is not forthcoming, it is logical to express displeasure by making a call to sever ties with such a non-beneficial structure.

Nevertheless, in doing the necessary, treading such a path with unbridled caution is as crucial as the end-goal. Such delicate issues shouldn't be handled with kids' glove. The Biafrans decrying injustice that have been and are being meted out to them should ask themselves these pertinent questions: How just have supposed Biafrans, especially political office holders, been to fellow Biafrans? In what significant ways have our leaders in the South-East and South-South shown us the light of care and overall development? What does the answers to those posers tell you?

Simply put, even if Biafra eventually sees the light of day, I am sceptical of the capacity of those to take the reins of national leadership leading us to the promised land. The me-myself-and-I and siphoning mentality roam unfettered in our social and political space. The little independence we have as a geo-political zone and prevailing underdevelopment herein with all the billions of Naira accruing to her through federal allocation gives us a tip of the iceberg. Our problem is not chiefly abridged political control, it is a distorted operational paradigm in many of us and the absence of the willpower to bring to the doorstep of our brothers and sisters the dividends of qualitative leadership. In other words, Nigeria is not entirely the problem. We are essentially the problem.

Furthermore, taking a cue from how our political progenitors and nationalists pursued the independence of our country Nigeria is strategic and vital. Going by historical records, they didn't employ the violence approach to negotiate Nigeria's independence with the British empire but rather diplomatic approach. Carrying treason-decorated placards as well as hoisting the Biafran flag, and causing gridlocks on roads will never bring about the manifestation of the self-rule dream.

However, as far as military and financial machinery is concerned, Nigeria is far ahead of any dissident group within her. The bloody Nigerian Civil war of 1967-1970 which saw the surging Biafran empire fall buttresses this. And the recent arrest of the the supposed Biafran leader crystallizes this point even better. Feigning ignorance of this and the non-readiness of Biafra to take shape would demonstrate that Biafran apologists have not learned from history and are not interested in fostering the interests of those they fight for.

Kaycee Naze,
Concerned Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by EternalTruths: 11:13pm On Oct 04, 2016
Trash Trash Trash

self determination is a right.

10 Likes

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by afanide: 11:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
Lets learn to respect people's opinion please.....
It's his opinion and don't label it trash @Poster above.

1 Like

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by Blue3k(m): 11:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
I believe in people right to self determination. I don't personally support break up though since we can potentially be stronger together.

Next reason Biafra most likey won't change anything. The same currupt will take place since I doubt any lessons were learned. Will the have light, economic freedom, private property rights, resource control etc. If not what's the real difference are they talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by Kayceenaz(m): 11:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
EternalTruths:
Trash Trash Trash

Undoubtedly, self-determination is indeed a right. It can be rightly pursued when the time is right.

1 Like

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by LoveDecay(m): 11:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
Kayceenaz:

Undoubtedly, self-determination is indeed a right. It can be rightly pursued when the time is right.

Self-determination is a right and not "LAW". What is a right in one country, is not in another.

In many nations you can marry more than one wife , and also at a very young age. It is law in these countries, in other countries you cannot.

Human rights cannot be forced down any countries throat. The killings of African American are they not against human rights, has anything happened as per human rights. The human rights, is just a recommendation and each nation has a right to enforce that which it deems fit.

Self-determination can be a right in America but may not be a right in Nigeria. Sudan was not split, until a vote was carried out - it was not human rights that was considered though it was part of the argument, it was not the main argument.

There was a referendum, which was accepted by all parties - to enact into law the results of the referendum.

Dont full your self with this self-determination crap, does Palestine not have a right to self - determination.
Are gay and lesbian rights not human rights ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by gab264(m): 11:35pm On Oct 04, 2016
EternalTruths:
Trash Trash Trash

nwanne, they will keep preaching the gospel,,,As we are marching On with our national anthem......Even at the point of disintegration,of this country afonjas will not relent in preaching with absurd posts.........This happens when fear has became the basic of some people judgement and propagation of useless gospel.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by gidgiddy: 11:48pm On Oct 04, 2016
I remember that Kanu once said in an interview he granted in the USA that every country should be an organic development. In other words, you grow into a country. But when it comes to Nigeria, no such thing has happened since Lugard created Nigeria in 1914. The same 'one Nigeria' consumed 3 million lives. Why would something ordained by God consume 3 million lives? So, it is very important that the indigenous people of the land that were forced into Nigeria at gun point, should retain the right to decide their position in the Nigerian union. This is not a question of if things will the same in Biafra or Oduduwa or Arewa Republics. This about people deciding their destiny and living with the consequences. Nigeria has robbed the people of the right to choose their own path.

7 Likes

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 05, 2016
Sorry sir! It is forbidden to discuss secession in naira land. The moderator should have do justice to that rule and discard your post to where it belongs: the secret recycle bin. Since he or she didn't. I shall post my humble opinion also.

√ God did not put Nigeria together.
√ Nobody is "instituting a government that would like a magic wand make all its existing challenges varnish"
perfection is a utopia, it doesn't exist.
√ Don't pretend with your questions as if you care about Biafrans. How much care does Nigeria has for Biafrans?
√ Don't be skeptical about the leadership of another nation! How skeptic are you about Nigeria leadership? Are you
in promise land? If no, what are you doing about it?
√ Nigeria did not fight for independence was why they fought the bloody civil war. Had they fought the British for
independence, we wouldn't have be were we are today. It was their greatest undoing.
√ Actually your analysis is delusional.
√ Finally, Biafrans are big boys, they can take care of themselves, I don' want to take us back to the three years of
Biafra Independence. The article will be long. Nairalanders don't like reading long articles
√ Thanks for your concern, concern citizen!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by victorvezx(m): 3:36am On Oct 05, 2016
gab264:
nwanne, they will keep preaching the gospel,,,As we are marching On with our national anthem......Even at the point of disintegration,of this country afonjas will not relent in preaching with absurd posts.........This happens when fear has became the basic of some people judgement and propagation of useless gospel.
Trash from a chest beater

1 Like

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by Nobody: 4:09am On Oct 05, 2016
Must you defend the Northern parasites?

A certain slowpoke up North equates population to endowment and said the Yorubas are jealous. What nonsense! Simple family planning would have corrected that curse to real endowment.

1 Like

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by TPAND(f): 4:31am On Oct 05, 2016
I hope you could have mailed this to The United Kingdom, and stop their BREXIT.

Ukraine, and other countries that broke out from USSR are not retrogressing. Everyone is quick to paint the fate of South Sudan on Biafra.

But there is not point in secession, because there is strength in numbers. What befell the Great USSR today, Russia can not put up the pieces. Russia would have controlled world power should other countries as Ukraine, Belarus, Yugoslavia, Slovenia not seceded from them

3 Likes

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by Kayceenaz(m): 5:55am On Oct 05, 2016
Daniel1990:
Sorry sir! It is forbidden to discuss secession in naira land. The moderator should have do justice to that rule and discard your post to where it belongs: the secret recycle bin. Since he or she didn't. I shall post my humble opinion also.
√ God did not put Nigeria together.
√ Nobody is "instituting a government that would like a magic wand make all its existing challenges varnish"
perfection is a utopia, it doesn't exist.
√ Don't pretend with your questions as if you care about Biafrans. How much care does Nigeria has for Biafrans?
√ Don't be skeptical about the leadership of another nation! How skeptic are you about Nigeria leadership? Are you
in promise land? If no, what are you doing about it?
√ Nigeria did not fight for independence was why they fought the bloody civil war. Had they fought the British for
independence, we wouldn't have be were we are today. It was their greatest undoing.
√ Actually your analysis is delusional.
√ Finally, Biafrans are big boys, they can take care of themselves, I don' want to take us back to the three years of
Biafra Independence. The article will be long. Nairalanders don't like reading long articles
√ Thanks for your concern, concern
citizen!

Dear friend, you sound like you share God's transcendental mind to aver that with so much certainty. Biblical records show that political entities do not be without God's express permission. He alone is Omnipotent. I am an Igbo man, and I know first-hand the mountain-high expectations of fellow Igbos vis-á-vis the Biafran dream. I'm gladdened by your subscription to the fact that it is sheer wishful thinking. Atleast there is something you and my humble self agree about.

I do care care about my brothers and sisters that excitedly go for the Biafran umbrella, hence my insistence that we should do the primary before the secondary which is giving ourselves an prior taste of what would be enjoyed in a land flowing with milk and honey with the resources in our care. It is rational as well as sagacious to ascertain the workability of a measure before effecting it.

Your deliberate evasion of staring reality in the face by labelling Biafran agitators "big boys" highlights an inadequate cognition of politicking, which spells doom if they allow themselves to be bedazzled by such words that would make them look after they've leaped. However, self-rule remains a possibility but Biafrans are not yet ready for Biafra. This desire for change in status-quo must relocate from the superficial protests and name-calling to a deep state of exemplary leadership. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by naijalander: 3:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
gab264:

I resent that word "Afonja"

Yes self determination is right. But it may not be a good idea. Consider that all ethnic nationalities of the federation operate interdependently.

The North have a political hegemony which is evident is there overwhelming numbers in all armed groups (Army, Navy, Police, NSCDC, etc).

The East with their affinity for production have an economic hegemony over the country.

The West, being a melting pot of all ethnic nationalities in Nigeria, has a consumerist mentality and serve as the market for what the East produces and the agricultural produce of the North.

I you understand the dynamics with respect to intercultural communication, you will see that secession is indeed an Invitation to Retrogression.

What most (not all) Biafra secessionists want is a country where the Igbos are the majority thereby exercise political hegemony for the other communities. If Biafra happens today, it may trigger another civil war, not between Nigeria and Biafra but surprisingly between the Niger Delta tribes (Ijaw, Efiks, etc) and the Igbo. After that, there will most likely be a religious crisis, I lived in Abuja and met a lot of Igbo Muslims who still have a major connection to the East, in fact that is where they get their produce from, I have also heard a Biafra secessionist claim there will be no mosques in the proposed Biafra. Where does that leave the Muslims among you? Will Biafra truly be a place of freedom of expression without religious freedom?

What you can have is federal structure where every state has its own constitution with limited autonomy. Power to mine and control your own resources, access to your own police force and other things. That is what will make sense, secession is simply a bad idea.
Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by Kayceenaz(m): 11:55am On Jan 04, 2017
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by zuchyblink(m): 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
f
Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by pchukwudi: 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
What right do you have to decide what's good for a region you DO NOT belong to?

You guys are disgustingly so arrogant!

- Did your region fight and lose a civil war? NO

- Had your region ever declared independence and got reannexed? NO again.

- What the heck then gives you the impetus to think you know what's the "good idea" for a region that experienced the two scenarios above? Pure madness.

You are entitled to your opinions, speculations and suggestions, but ARGUING with another group (to which you do not belog) on what's the best for their future and destiy is the height of insanity induced arrogance.

This is the same institutionalized madness that led to the dreaded civil war.

@ Kayceenaz take note.

[s]
naijalander:

I resent that word "Afonja"

Yes self determination is right. But it may not be a good idea. Consider that all ethnic nationalities of the federation operate interdependently.

The North have a political hegemony which is evident is there overwhelming numbers in all armed groups (Army, Navy, Police, NSCDC, etc).

The East with their affinity for production have an economic hegemony over the country.

The West, being a melting pot of all ethnic nationalities in Nigeria, has a consumerist mentality and serve as the market for what the East produces and the agricultural produce of the North.

I you understand the dynamics with respect to intercultural communication, you will see that secession is indeed an Invitation to Retrogression.

What most (not all) Biafra secessionists want is a country where the Igbos are the majority thereby exercise political hegemony for the other communities. If Biafra happens today, it may trigger another civil war, not between Nigeria and Biafra but surprisingly between the Niger Delta tribes (Ijaw, Efiks, etc) and the Igbo. After that, there will most likely be a religious crisis, I lived in Abuja and met a lot of Igbo Muslims who still have a major connection to the East, in fact that is where they get their produce from, I have also heard a Biafra secessionist claim there will be no mosques in the proposed Biafra. Where does that leave the Muslims among you? Will Biafra truly be a place of freedom of expression without religious freedom?

What you can have is federal structure where every state has its own constitution with limited autonomy. Power to mine and control your own resources, access to your own police force and other things. That is what will make sense, secession is simply a bad idea.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by naijalander: 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2017
I don't need to be Igbo to air my opinions (which by the way am entitled to), I only have to be objective.

That said, what you want is an homogenous state right in the middle of the 21st century which is highly improbable.

I think SW had a few hundred years of experience with political independence during pre colonial times, coupled with give or take 20 years of civil wars so yeah, I do have a right to talk.

Your exit from the federation will affect me as much it will affect you so yes again, I do have a right to an opinion.

pchukwudi:

- What the heck then gives you the impetus to think you know what's the "good idea" for a region that experienced the two scenarios above? Pure madness.

You are entitled to your opinions, speculations and suggestions, but ARGUING with another group (to which you do not belog) on what's the best for their future and destiy is the height of insanity induced arrogance.

@ Kayceenaz take note.

2 Likes

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by pchukwudi: 5:05pm On Jan 04, 2017
Entitlement to your opinion does not give you any damn rights to ARGUE with me about my perceived future and destiny.

Who the heck are you to decide the future of the Biafrans and what's the best for them?

Yea, bring forth your concerns about how the exit will affect you or your region. Base your entire arguments and discurse on that premise EXCLUSIVELY.

STOP telling us what to do, or what's good for us. WE DO NOT NEED YOUR OPINION ON THOSE. And you have absolutely no jurisdictions whatsoever to instruct us or decide for us what the "good idea" is.

Heck!

naijalander:

I don't need to be Igbo to air my opinions (which by the way am entitled to), I only have to be objective.

That said, what you want is an homogenous state right in the middle of the 21st century which is highly improbable.

I think SW had a few hundred years of experience with political independence during pre colonial times, coupled with give or take 20 years of civil wars so yeah, I do have a right to talk.

Your exit from the federation will affect me as much it will affect you so yes again, I do have a right to an opinion.

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by Kayceenaz(m): 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
pchukwudi:

@ Kayceenaz take note.

Dear Chukwudi, for your information, I'm a full-blown, deeply-rooted Igbo man of Imo State extraction; "A bụ m diala." That, in addition to my rational stability, affords me the right to address and x-ray issues that affect me and my fellow Igbos. The consequent intersection of my future and that of the Igbo nation put the onus on me to ensure our story ends happily rather than tragically.

Timing is crucial in executing such plans of secession. God, Himself, in the Holy Bible even waited for the right time to engineer the Israelites' secession from Egypt. I reiterate that the Igbos have a tacit right to self-rule but the timing--now--is not right. The prolonged inhumanity of Igbos to Igbos affirms this. Reversing this contemptible convention would considerably suggest that we're ready. Prematurely birthing Biafra would herald the perpetuation of most evils that caused us to secede in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by KidsNEXTdoor: 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2017
LoveDecay:

Self-determination is a right and not "LAW". What is a right in one country, is not in another.

In many nations you can marry more than one wife , and also at a very young age. It is law in these countries, in other countries you cannot.

Human rights cannot be forced down any countries throat. The killings of African American are they not against human rights, has anything happened as per human rights. The human rights, is just a recommendation and each nation has a right to enforce that which it deems fit.

Self-determination can be a right in America but may not be a right in Nigeria. Sudan was not split, until a vote was carried out - it was not human rights that was considered though it was part of the argument, it was not the main argument.

There was a referendum, which was accepted by all parties - to enact into law the results of the referendum.

Dont full your self with this self-determination crap, does Palestine not have a right to self - determination.
Are gay and lesbian rights not human rights ...
Don't "full" yourself indeed
Petty afonja
Wetin concern bird with toothbrush
No go mind ur business
Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by Kayceenaz(m): 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2017
cc: lalasticlala, mynd44.
Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by KidsNEXTdoor: 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
Op, go return dat thing wey okoroawusa give u....... Then open up ur village for grazing by the Fulani herdsmen
Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by pchukwudi: 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
Good to know that you are Igbo. Good too that you are intelligent.

But then, personally, I don't fancy it when Igbos champion anti-igbo rhetorics on Nairaland.

There are a lot of alternative and pro igbo and Biafran platforms on which you can air your views with full empathy and understanding of how Nigeria's institutionalized injustice had affected the majority of the Biafran population and still do up till this moment.

What I really think you should stop handling with "kids gloves" (sic) is the more than 50-year old anti igbo sentiments that've been entrenched in the Nigerian psyche and on this Forum.

You should also realize that those championing the exit movement have never been politicians in the present system. And yes no system will ever be perfect. So no need to speculatively demonize an alternative option that you've not tried.

Also, how come you seem to have no idea that the root cause of the seeming retrogression this country is trapped in is its unjust systems and extractive institutions? This suggests that you either did not grow up here or you did not share the experience of the common class.

Just yesterday, January 3rd 2017, I heard a cracking noise near a friend's office. And when I asked what it was about I was told that a young female hawker was just ran over by a speeding vehiecle - and it was near certain she won't survive.

I could not go out to witness the horrible event but I wept uncontrollably in the office. Why?

- This young girl chose hawking (when others were still celeberating new year) because she had to survive and prostitution was not an option.

- Hawking was attractive because education was not made compulsory for her.

- Now that she is down, woud she access any kind of insurance cover? Your guess is as good as mine.

I could go on and on, but I guess you have an idea of what I am saying. This is 2017. And this system has never worked since the last 100 years. #IWantAnAlternative

Kayceenaz:

Dear Chukwudi, for your information, I'm a full-blown, deeply-rooted Igbo man of Imo State extraction; "A bụ m diala." That, in addition to my rational stability, affords me the right to address and x-ray issues that affect me and my fellow Igbos. The consequent intersection of my future and that of the Igbo nation put the onus on me to ensure our story ends happily rather than tragically.

Timing is crucial in executing such plans of secession. God, Himself, in the Holy Bible even waited for the right time to engineer the Israelites' secession from Egypt. I reiterate that the Igbos have a tacit right to self-rule but the timing--now--is not right. The prolonged inhumanity of Igbos to Igbos affirms this. Reversing this contemptible convention would considerably suggest that we're ready. Prematurely birthing Biafra would herald the perpetuation of most evils that caused us to secede in the first place.
Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by 2ruink(m): 5:48pm On Jan 04, 2017
Afonja everywhere one goes.... What's that?

1 Like

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by dmz1: 6:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
@kayceenaz when will it ever be the right time? so does it mean that if Biafra had succeeded in '67 it would have been premature and we would not have been able to organize and rule ourselves?
Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
How can a retrogressed country be invited again for retrogression?

1 Like

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by Kayceenaz(m): 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
dmz1:
@kayceenaz when will it ever be the right time? so does it mean that if Biafra had succeeded in '67 it would have been premature and we would not have been able to organize and rule ourselves?

The right time for Biafra would be when Igbos are mature to the point of being considerably concerned with the welfare of their kith and kin, with minimal traces of selfishness. The right time is when unity pervades our ethnic space; it won't be possible if a good number of igbos, for good reasons, still take the idea of their welfare's promotion in Biafra with a grain of salt. There should be a degree of foretaste of life in Biafra here in Nigeria. Action speaks louder than words.

Also, that we didn't succeed in 1967 to an extent implies that we weren't ready. And that government there would have been disappointing? Probably. Success and right timing are two sides of the same coin; they are inseparable! Success in any life endeavour invariably suggests that well-ordered actions preceding it were done at the appropriate time. The timeliness of the structured move(s) lead to desired results. In a typical football match, a team wins (or succeeds) at the expense of the other because they were able to score more goals than the other team before the expiration of 90 mins plus extra time. When Biafra is ready, all things being equal, it will materialise. We, Igbos, can accelerate the coming of that day by practising and genuinely being our brothers and sisters keeper in Nigeria, without further ado.
Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by naijalander: 7:20pm On Jan 04, 2017
Couple of questions.

If your philosophy of Igbo nationalism is so solid, why flip over one person's opinion?

Does it contain too much truth for you to handle?

Are you afraid your fellow secessionists will read it and change their minds?

Also ask yourself this: who counts as Igbo? Since apparently only Igbo people have a right to render an opinion, seeing as there are many people of Igbo decent who do not necessarily share the culture (some don't speak Igbo, in fact some Igbos are so far from Igbo culture, and going by secessionist logic, they do not even qualify as Igbo anymore. If I don't have a right to this discussion, then they shouldn't.

So you see it makes no sense, take my advice and fight for autonomous states instead.

pchukwudi:
Entitlement to your opinion does not give you any damn rights to ARGUE with me about my perceived future and destiny.

Who the heck are you to decide the future of the Biafrans and what's the best for them?

Yea, bring forth your concerns about how the exit will affect you or your region. Base your entire arguments and discurse on that premise EXCLUSIVELY.

STOP telling us what to do, or what's good for us. WE DO NOT NEED YOUR OPINION ON THOSE. And you have absolutely no jurisdictions whatsoever to instruct us or decide for us what the "good idea" is.

Heck!

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by Kayceenaz(m): 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
byrron:
How can a retrogressed country be invited again for retrogression?

My brother, Biafra is not yet a country. Realizing it now is a step in the wrong direction and would worsen our woes.
Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by pchukwudi: 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
1. Prove that you are not a kid. Just show me one instance where I mentined "igbo" in my engagement with YOU in particular. If you cannot do that, then know this as a fact: your childish mind is responding to it's own thoughts and NOT to my statements.

2. I resent Igbos who champion anti-igbo sentiments on this platform because by doing so, they give arrogant outsiders like you the opportunity to think that you have any idea what we are talking about. Or, worse still, it gives you the delutional impression that you have a right to participate in the discussion..

naijalander:

Couple of questions.

If your philosophy of Igbo nationalism is so solid, why flip over one person's opinion?

Does it contain too much truth for you to handle?

Are you afraid your fellow secessionists will read it and change their minds?

Also ask yourself this: who counts as Igbo? Since apparently only Igbo people have a right to render an opinion, seeing as there are many people of Igbo decent who do not necessarily share the culture (some don't speak Igbo, in fact some Igbos are so far from Igbo culture, and going by secessionist logic, they do not even qualify as Igbo anymore. If I don't have a right to this discussion, then they shouldn't.

So you see it makes no sense, take my advice and fight for autonomous states instead.

Re: Secession From Nigeria: An Invitation To Retrogression by pchukwudi: 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2017
Stop passing off speculations as though they were facts. You should be tagging your scepticism with phrasal prefix like "I think". Don't just pass off your pessimistic views as though you are God.

Kayceenaz:

My brother, Biafra is not yet a country. Realizing it now is a step in the wrong direction and would worsen our woes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

REVEALED!!! Wike In Secret Meetings With Leaders Of Cult Groups In Rivers State! / OMG!! Aircraft Parked Along Oshodi-anthony Expressway In Lagos(photos) / FRAUD ALERT: Adeniyi Adeyemi Matthew, The Fake World Youth President - Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.