Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? (8917 Views)

Picture: Is This Love Or Madness? Men What Do You Call This! / Husbands 5 Minutes Madness!! / Was It GREED Or KINDNESS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by kibra4u(m): 5:50pm On Oct 17, 2009
This are the kind of things you see or hear on a daily basis when there is poverty in the land, people do all sorts of crazy things all in the name of making money to survive. God help us all.
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by princekevo(m): 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2009
Fhemmmy:

If you wake up one day and ready to marry and you asked the babe what she used to do for a living and she said, i used to get belle and sell the kids to men with money, what will u do.
Or your sista decided to join such trade, will you dance for her.
Or your mother decided to tell you that she did not sell you cos you were cute, that she has sold few while she was younger, i guess, you will go to church and give thanxgiving.
Let us be real, there is no civilization in Nija and there is no doubt about that, surrogacy is surrogacy while breeding children to be sold is a crime and shd not be tolerated.

I hate people sitting at their comfort zone judging the morality of other. This is a case of morality and not a crime. You will probably tell a prostitute to quit sleeping with different men when you have not placed an alternative to her.
Until your own sister roam on the street of Lagos without food and shelter you wont understand what these women passed through b4 arriving at such a conclusion of selling their own kids. We all agreed that this morally wrong but who are we to judge them when they have no option.
Ok after the interview what happened? Were these ladies placed on corrective measures? No. Were they giving a better offer to turn them from this immoral act? the answer still remain no. So lets cuts craps.
Back to your questions.

If you wake up one day and ready to marry and you asked the babe what she used to do for a living and she said, i used to get belle and sell the kids to men with money, what will u do.

My fren everyone got his or her past and being in love means not minding each others past. Is men like you and I who meet prostitutes, transform their life and marry them. If we all condemn them and do nothing to help them, is that the solution to the problem? NO

Not only my sister who ever it is i will not dance for her, but lead her to a better option. Whereby  i can't give her a better option but enjoy being at my comfort zone and watch her die in poverty, therefor i lack the moral justification to judge her acts.

Or your mother decided to tell you that she did not sell you cos you were cute, that she has sold few while she was younger, i guess, you will go to church and give thanxgiving.

Yes many families sold the kids as a result of poverty during slave trade jst to take care of the remaining kids, still wht these ladies do to jst to survive as a result of poverty.
Until you offer them another option please lets us no rush into judging them. Acute poverty can make you as a man run mad and walk naked on the street.
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Utaroz(m): 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2009
-sigh-

Signs of the end Times.
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Radiant(f): 6:08pm On Oct 17, 2009
princekevo:

Not only my sister who ever it is i will not dance for her, but lead her to a better option. Whereby  i can't give her a better option but enjoy being at my comfort zone and watch her die in poverty, therefor i lack the moral justification to judge her acts.

Precisely!
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by REALTRUTH1: 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2009
princekevo:

I hate people sitting at their comfort zone judging the morality of other. This is a case of morality and not a crime. You will probably tell a prostitute to quit sleeping with different men when you have not placed an alternative to her.
Until your own sister roam on the street of Lagos without food and shelter you wont understand what these women passed through b4 arriving at such a conclusion of selling their own kids. We all agreed that this morally wrong but who are we to judge them when they have no option.
Ok after the interview what happened? Were these ladies placed on corrective measures? No. Were they giving a better offer to turn them from this immoral act? the answer still remain no. So lets cuts craps.
Back to your questions.

My fren everyone got his or her past and being in love means not minding each others past. Is men like you and I who meet prostitutes, transform their life and marry them. If we all condemn them and do nothing to help them, is that the solution to the problem? NO

Not only my sister who ever it is i will not dance for her, but lead her to a better option. Whereby i can't give her a better option but enjoy being at my comfort zone and watch her die in poverty, therefor i lack the moral justification to judge her acts.

Yes many families sold the kids as a result of poverty during slave trade jst to take care of the remaining kids, still wht these ladies do to jst to survive as a result of poverty.
Until you offer them another option please lets us no rush into judging them. Acute poverty can make you as a man run mad and walk naked on the street.
True talk from a wise man!! I have always advised people to look at issues like this from both sides of the angle.This story reminds me of the Samaritan woman in the Bible,,,also the woman that was caught in adultery in the Bible,,,,its so easy for some of us to condemn but if we happens to be in thesame shoes with these people,,,,we would even do worst thing,,,
The truth is that,,,having had an expository journalism like this,,,,what precisely are the media organisations,,non-governmental and Govenmental organisations doing about this??
Infact there worst things than this happening in Naija!!!
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by mrperfect(m): 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2009
I couldn't read this pass two lines, is irritating.
May be I will come back latter.
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Fhemmmy: 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2009
It is so funny how we can pick up stone to stone a man that steal all cos of poverty and yet it is aiight for a woman to sell her kids cos of same poverty? when will all these biased thinking stop.
For your info, i am not sitting to just judge, BTW, i worked hard for all i have and nothing was passed to me by father nor mother, i cld have resorted into other ways or even be a bum and blame poverty.
Like i said earlier, i can understand that poverty is a terrible thing but no child, and i repeat, no child deserves to be sold to no one, adoption is a different case, but not for a woman to get pregnant cos you wanna sell that child to the highest bidder, that is pathetically wrong.
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Fhemmmy: 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2009
BTW, you parents never sold the kids during slave trade, they took them from them by force and force them into slavery, they had no say, i am sure no "mother" will willingly sell her kids and pls, like i said, a "mother" and note, it takes any woman with a puccy to be a Mom but a woman with a heart to be a mother
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by dani1luv: 8:19pm On Oct 17, 2009
shocked shocked
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Lolladey(f): 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2009
this is really sad! but i hope FIRS and LIRS are taking note cos this business women should no be allowed to evade tax.

grin
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Sissy3(f): 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2009
of course its easy to blame poverty as if we nigerians are the only drenched and quenched poverty stricken country in the whole wide world. give me a break!. being poor doesnt mean losing your sense of moral and rational judgment. there are still some decent poor poor people out there who dont stump to just anything to survive. lets quit blaming poverty here jor.   

their body. their choice.
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Radiant(f): 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2009
One cannot watch their people die as a result of their circumstances. You're forced to do something about it. This is entrenched poverty. It knows no boundaries.
Please, this is not a question of "their body", "their choices". Do you think this is the only measure they've tried? They've been through it all and this happens to be their best deal. Pray never to find yourself in such situations. These people are wretched and drenched in hopelessness and anxiety.

Only poverty can make a woman give up her children just to survive. What else can it be please?
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Sissy3(f): 10:19pm On Oct 17, 2009
greed and choice. not all poor folks would agree to such. there are ppl these so called poor women here are better than still they wouldnt agree to such.

not as if its my biz what they do with their bodies, just that we should learn to stop blaming poverty for every immoral acts people do. we arent the only poor country. there are still some decent poor folks living.
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Radiant(f): 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2009
Sissy please!! What bloody greed are you talking about? shocked Greed and poverty should not even be mentioned in the same breath.

Anyway, what do you suggest these women do?
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2009
This is just one of the brunts of poverty. I bet years back these women would say they wouldn't do such.
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Sissy3(f): 10:42pm On Oct 17, 2009
Radiant:

Sissy please!! What bloody greed are you talking about? shocked Greed and poverty should not even be mentioned in the same breath.

Anyway, what do you suggest these women do?

if they do a follow up to this story you would see that some of these women are in for pure greed and take it as business not as something they would do once and use the money to start or better themselves.  and from the tone of some of the women you can see that this isnt their first time.

and yes its their body and their choice. for instance, you always/sometimes hear some ppl say they prostitute their bodies bcus they are poor but you have to realize that not every poor woman out there who leaves in abject poverty would ever agree to prostitute their body for money.

and surrogacy isnt necessarily a question of poverty, middle class ppl also do it.
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by PAININASS: 10:47pm On Oct 17, 2009
Cock and bull story!
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Sissy3(f): 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2009
^^^^

how so? these things happen may you arent aware of it yet
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by keeptalkin(m): 10:53pm On Oct 17, 2009
next they'll be renting thier children
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Radiant(f): 10:54pm On Oct 17, 2009
~Sissy~:

if they do a follow up to this story you would see that some of these women are in for pure greed and take it as business not as something they would do once and use the money to start or better themselves.  and from the tone of some of the women you can see that this isnt their first time.

Do you know the burden in their family? Sick parents, school fees, house rent, feeding, clothing, hospital bills, you name it. What can N130, 000 solve in such a situation? When the basics have been taken care of then you can think of business.

~Sissy~:

and yes its their body and their choice. for instance, you always/sometimes hear some ppl say they prostitute their bodies bcus they are poor but you have to realize that not every poor woman out there who leaves in abject poverty would ever agree to prostitute their body for money.

I agree but have you asked yourself why they had to adapt to this measure? If you say it's greed, that's your own explanation. I don't believe a woman will sell her child out of greed. What does she have that she's greedy for more?
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Outstrip(f): 10:56pm On Oct 17, 2009
I can't believe that once again people want to justify this by saying it is done in the US. What are these men doing with the babies? There is no one to regulate for anyway to verify what they will do with that child. No one knows if the mother does drugs or if she maybe she is HIV+. I say NO NO NO
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by herdaykemy: 11:00pm On Oct 17, 2009
that is a great madness
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Sissy3(f): 11:09pm On Oct 17, 2009
Radiant:

Do you know the burden in their family? Sick parents, school fees, house rent, feeding, clothing, hospital bills, you name it. What can N130, 000 solve in such a situation? When the basics have been taken care of then you can think of business.

you see then its becomes a business and for some greed. when are they ever going to leave then? till they run out of eggs in their ovaries? some supposedly "poor" persons know what they can do with 200K + depending how many kids they bear, but some there, out of there greed would never value it but aim for more, and you tell me its poverty. pure business i say.

I agree but have you asked yourself why they had to adapt to this measure? If you say it's greed, that's your own explanation. I don't believe a woman will sell her child out of greed. What does she have that she's greedy for more?

shes greedy for money. these ppl arent the only poor folks still living. i'd like to say though, i am not aganist or for what they're doing, like i say early its body and their choice. my problem  here how everything gets blamed on poverty as if there arent any decent poor person living out there
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Radiant(f): 11:29pm On Oct 17, 2009
When you say greed I expect you to tell me that these women are from a well to do home and perhaps just want money for extras that they can actually do without. You know, they'll just get pregnant for a man and get 130k after 9 months. Come on! We gotta be real now.

The only reason that must have driven them to do it in the first place is POVERTY!!! I rest my case.

Yaradua please it's not only Rufai and Ribadu who need attention. There are devastating situations in the country. Wake up!!!
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by msb247(m): 12:29am On Oct 18, 2009
This is bad. They can later meet and even marry each other not knowing their true identity.
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by msb247(m): 12:30am On Oct 18, 2009
Madness!
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by solowee(m): 1:25am On Oct 18, 2009
this is surely the end of the world, i can't take anymore, oooh oooh oooh shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Fhemmmy: 3:12am On Oct 18, 2009
@Radiant

I am sure some of these women must have done it more than once, so would u say that is just poverty? i think that is nothing but madness and lack of sense of what is right and wrong, they have no feelings at all, and that is what it boils down to.
If we can justify this, how come we cant justify a hooker, how come we cant justify 419ers, none is better than the other, there are other nations with poverty and yet they still know right from wrongs.

@~Sissy

Please tell them jare.
There is a time for everything and selling their kids for money, is lunatic
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Radiant(f): 3:19am On Oct 18, 2009
Femi, I understand 419 is a terrible thing but sincerely speaking if you think selling your child is the same as 419 then you need to be admitted to a hospital urgently.

Don't have time to go through this shit again. Read my posts, paying attention to every word and not just glance through it.
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Fhemmmy: 3:26am On Oct 18, 2009
Radiant . . . .chill a lil sis.
If you ask the useless 419 people, they will tell you they will tell you it is cos they can get a job, it is for survival.
Here we are justifying what the people are doing, by renting out their womb, all in the name of survival, so tell me, how can we justify one and crucify the other.
They are both ridiculous and should not be tolerated.
There are many other ways of making ends meet.
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Radiant(f): 3:32am On Oct 18, 2009
Femi, I respect your judgement.
Re: Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? by Fhemmmy: 3:37am On Oct 18, 2009
I do feel for people going thru poverty and i think all poor people needs to one day match to Aso Rock and tell those fools to vacate, cos they are of no use.I have said this too many times, it is so sad that many ladies in Nigerian school have to sell their bodies to pay their ways thru school, and pay for their tution and still no job waiting for them afterwards . . . . while the guys have to do bad and shady stuff and yet no job.
It is sad, and hope something will be done soon and fast, else, this kinda story will just be the beginning.
Sorry to say, i really dont care what anyone does, but when the innocent people like children and women that have no way to support themselves are involved, they i get angry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbo Baby Names / Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? / Why Do Children Love Me Too Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.