Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

"99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali (11434 Views)

List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos / Fayose Is Not Fit To Be Anybody’s VP – Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Mrjo(m): 10:11am On Oct 05, 2016
Ok let me ask u, where do they import those rice from? Is the rice nt upto standard there? Can they export useless goods to other contry that does nt meet requirments? If cotonu does nt eat it why did they allowed it to cross their border? After answering these question u will knw the truth.
zikter:
if you dont have anything reasonable to say, do not quote me pls. if you have a contrary opinion, present it in a way we can intelligently debate and learn from it. and not this garage or bus stop question you are asking me.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by nnokwa042(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2016
timeman:
Take a look at those wailers' comments above & tell me if wailers are not a cuss to this country. The shambolic act of smuggling is utterly pathetic such that they would cover up rice in anything unsavoury just to evade arrests at the detriment of Nigerians. Our local rice are good enough for us , a good number are stone free. Stupid wailers, crying wailers, crazy wailers.
Obey the truth!
,,so cotonu people where the rice arrived re eating poison rice too abi?and if goverment lift ban on importation of foreign rice then the rice will be safe to eat abi think ur zombie angry angry angry
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by zikter(m): 10:19am On Oct 05, 2016
columbus007:
constructive criticizm I will only adheres to,pls kindly give me proof of a place even in a given deepest of villages that rice once killed some1? Show me a place,now where's the sense that says that when a cow eat from dis particular rice raw and they won't die but when human eat from the said rice after going thru rigorous boiling and they will die due to its contamination pls how do you answer that?
pls the term NOT FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION translates to many things. it could mean food poisoning, imbalanced nutritional content, objectionable organoleptic qualities, etc. it does not mean you will die instantly from the food when you consume it. deficiency in one nutrient can result to the inability of your body system to effectively defend you against diseases. overtime the effect will surely be pronounced. by and large what you eat largely contribute to your health status at any give time.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by zikter(m): 10:33am On Oct 05, 2016
Mrjo:
Ok let me ask u, where do they import those rice from? Is the rice nt upto standard there? Can they export useless goods to other contry that does nt meet requirments? If cotonu does nt eat it why did they allowed it to cross their border? After answering these question u will knw the truth.
good, now you are talking. are you forgetting that there are unscrupulous business men all over the world that will go to any length to do underhand business? our people go to china and order fake things to this country, but that does not mean the govt of china supports that. it is strictly between the unscrupulous business men from both countries. dont be surprise the govt of benin will be fighting the same menace. the NCS boss has subject the said products to scientific tests and results compared to standards, hence his conclusion. if we are to be objective you may not even know that there is standard for rice in terms of nutritional content and otherwise. as long as you have not present your scientific results to counter the NCS, then you may be further from the truth than they are. the fact that you consume millet, corn, cassava etc in nigeria does not mean the same is accepted in europe, clearly because of their standards.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by columbus007(m): 10:37am On Oct 05, 2016
zikter:
pls the term NOT FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION translates to many things. it could mean food poisoning, imbalanced nutritional content, objectionable organoleptic qualities, etc. it does not mean you will die instantly from the food when you consume it. deficiency in one nutrient can result to the inability of your body system to effectively defend you against diseases. overtime the effect will surely be pronounced. by and large what you eat largely contribute to your health status at any give time.
ok this is quite convincing buh was there ever a time during the cause of eating this rice that such new came up having to show a targeted victim of the contaminated rice before now that resulted to having poison by it? I just want to have even in recent time a recorded cases,i understand even most of these rice are stone free compare to our abakaliki rice we Nigerians are aware that rice is the food for the rich and d poor too I quess
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by benjanny(m): 11:11am On Oct 05, 2016
even the one you are eating at home is among the 99%%
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Lloydfather(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2016
He had forgotten that 99 percent of our LEADERS are harmful to us! Also, he should know that 99 percent of our officers, roads, power supply, water, education, aircraft, trains, okadas, cars, imams, pastors, herbalists, politicians and even judges are harmful to nigerians. So rice is even small. He himself is harmful to us.

This is why they (FG) never want to improve our education system. They want us to keep believing every rubbish the say. incase you think we dont know 99% of rice you people seized end up in public market. NCS and corruption is like bread and butter.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by zikter(m): 12:16pm On Oct 05, 2016
columbus007:
ok this is quite convincing buh was there ever a time during the cause of eating this rice that such new came up having to show a targeted victim of the contaminated rice before now that resulted to having poison by it? I just want to have even in recent time a recorded cases,i understand even most of these rice are stone free compare to our abakaliki rice we Nigerians are aware that rice is the food for the rich and d poor too I quess
no not to my knowledge. but you must understand that the govt is not only looking at the health concerns of the citizens. there is the question of duty payment evasion by these smugglers therefore reducing the revenue. such people may decide to offer the product at cheaper rates, making those who genuinely import and pay duties sale at a loss because of the price set by smugglers who don't pay duties at all. smuggling is therefore harmful health wise and economic wise.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2016
columbus007:
constructive criticizm I will only adheres to,pls kindly give me proof of a place even in a given deepest of villages that rice once killed some1? Show me a place,now where's the sense that says that when a cow eat from dis particular rice raw and they won't die but when human eat from the said rice after going thru rigorous boiling and they will die due to its contamination pls how do you answer that?
It kills you gradually, its unfortunate people will be supporting smuggling in the first place. What we should be advocating for is transparency and flexibility in the importation structure.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by kelechi17(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2016
[quote author
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by columbus007(m): 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

It kills you gradually, its unfortunate people will be supporting smuggling in the first place. What we should be advocating for is transparency and flexibility in the importation structure.
have you also forgotten government embargo? These are possible causes too don't you get?dont also forget that government won't encourage everybody and anybody except their own.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by columbus007(m): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2016
zikter:
no not to my knowledge. but you must understand that the govt is not only looking at the health concerns of the citizens. there is the question of duty payment evasion by these smugglers therefore reducing the revenue. such people may decide to offer the product at cheaper rates, making those who genuinely import and pay duties sale at a loss because of the price set by smugglers who don't pay duties at all. smuggling is therefore harmful health wise and economic wise.
but you have been lecturing me on the issue of health wise which is the major concern of the governmnt they are not too particular about the smugglers but the health concern of its citizens, if it's harmful healthwise means to say that the consumption of rice it's on a killing spree which has never been,economic wise let them remove the embargo on it then to allow flexibility.

1 Like

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by SouthWestBlood(m): 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2016
Now that everything is high, they have not done anything regarding the custom duties. I hope the sea port becomes a desert real soon.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
So that is why custom officers' wives are rice sellers? Their husbands will seize it give to their wives to sellg? hmmm i don understand now
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by zikter(m): 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2016
columbus007:
but you have been lecturing me on the issue of health wise which is the major concern of the governmnt they are not too particular about the smugglers but the health concern of its citizens, if it's harmful healthwise means to say that the consumption of rice it's on a killing spree which has never been,economic wise let them remove the embargo on it then to allow flexibility.
yes. and is if you have not comprehended my lectures. the effect may not be instant as in cholera outbreak. the long time effect may result to different kind of ailments. The NCS boss did not say there is an epidemic due to rice consumption. he said is not fit for human consumption which means it could result to food poisoning, malnutrition due to eroded nutrients as a result of expiry. Don't get it wrong, if they said a food is not fit for consumption, it does not mean the food will kill you instantly and mind you the NCS boss did not say that. it is now left for you to understand the meaning of his statement which you obviously don't. And he spoke on the basis scientific laboratory analysis result of the rice from NAFDAC laboratories. he also made mention of the duty which would have been remitted to govt coffers if such products were to be shipped through approved channels. more so I still emphasized the disadvantages of smuggling of any products to any country. such products are not checked by regulatory bodies. allow this kind of practice and see people without conscience bring all manner of poison. objectively, you can hardly fault the NCS on this.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by mapet: 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2016
columbus007:

Chaaaaaiiiiiii!!!!!!!!

how do I start with "constructuve criticizm" with you. Your level of comprehension seems to be the problem here.

1. I though you should have known that "....deepest of the villages that rice once killed some1", is not the scientific and standard yardstick to confirm it safe for human consumption
2. I will advise you to research on safety standards (NSOs for example) and tell me if smuggled rice has falls into the category of food classified as safe
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by xtervaganza(m): 11:05pm On Oct 05, 2016
It's sad that the region with the most illiterates in Nigeria holds key positions and we wonder why the country is fxcked?

As per this albino gorilla looking fool talking crap, is it not the same rice they seize and eat at home?

May you and that cow called buhari choke to death anytime you eat that same rice

Awon eleribu dede

We need to break this evil country up asap
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:17pm On Oct 05, 2016
columbus007:
have you also forgotten government embargo? These are possible causes too don't you get?dont also forget that government won't encourage everybody and anybody except their own.
Actually they said there is no embargo on rice, but importation should be by sea ports alone.
That being said I don't trust politicians, but you should also know this practice of them them is not peculiar to Nigeria, that is why you see billionaires supporting certain politicians so they can have first hand access to lobbying, when their preferred candidate is in power.
All we are asking for is transparency in the process.

1 Like

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Origin(f): 12:26am On Oct 06, 2016
So many numerous fresh made in naija foods . I beg shun rice for a while.

People are just making some capitalists rich for nothing. Local rice is even cheaper than try the imported one, its more healthy, tastes delicious and swells like mad. grin.

Best part helps you to slim down, more fibre and you eat less get filled on time. (best for recession)
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by columbus007(m): 7:04am On Oct 06, 2016
zikter:
yes. and is if you have not comprehended my lectures. the effect may not be instant as in cholera outbreak. the long time effect may result to different kind of ailments. The NCS boss did not say there is an epidemic due to rice consumption. he said is not fit for human consumption which means it could result to food poisoning, malnutrition due to eroded nutrients as a result of expiry. Don't get it wrong, if they said a food is not fit for consumption, it does not mean the food will kill you instantly and mind you the NCS boss did not say that. it is now left for you to understand the meaning of his statement which you obviously don't. And he spoke on the basis scientific laboratory analysis result of the rice from NAFDAC laboratories. he also made mention of the duty which would have been remitted to govt coffers if such products were to be shipped through approved channels. more so I still emphasized the disadvantages of smuggling of any products to any country. such products are not checked by regulatory bodies. allow this kind of practice and see people without conscience bring all manner of poison. objectively, you can hardly fault the NCS on this.
smiley what more can I say Boss,i felt belle-ache hearing how the NCS boss described it and I was Almost taking it as a mere passing word,buh sometimes I do believe it's not everything that it's face that can be change,buh I will also say that you have done me well by elaborating me on these issue and that also will be pass unto another by me,and as a born Nigerian that i'am I stand for the better.cheers
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by columbus007(m): 7:12am On Oct 06, 2016
mapet:

Chaaaaaiiiiiii!!!!!!!!

how do I start with "constructuve criticizm" with you. Your level of comprehension seems to be the problem here.

1. I though you should have known that "....deepest of the villages that rice once killed some1", is not the scientific and standard yardstick to confirm it safe for human consumption
2. I will advise you to research on safety standards (NSOs for example) and tell me if smuggled rice has falls into the category of food classified as safe
do not pinch me,this is a Forum you are free to challenge me without any rude comment,and if I do not knw much bring them to my notice I took out time to be here,i think learning professors are better than learned ones.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by mapet: 7:22am On Oct 06, 2016
columbus007:
do not pinch me,this is a Forum you are free to challenge me without any rude comment,and if I do not knw much bring them to my notice I took out time to be here,i think learning professors are better than learned ones.

Ok Bros..... I'm sorry
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by zikter(m): 7:33am On Oct 06, 2016
columbus007:
smiley what more can I say Boss,i felt belle-ache hearing how the NCS boss described it and I was Almost taking it as a mere passing word,buh sometimes I do believe it's not everything that it's face that can be change,buh I will also say that you have done me well by elaborating me on these issue and that also will be pass unto another by me,and as a born Nigerian that i'am I stand for the better.cheers
Thanks very much bro. best regards

1 Like

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by columbus007(m): 7:45am On Oct 06, 2016
mapet:

Ok Bros..... I'm sorry
what a powerful word i'am sorry...now you ve' won cheesy nice one bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Speaks On Maryam Ali Maiyanga, Rescued Chibok Girl / PMB was poisoned by white imperialists in London. / 2023 Presidency Is A 2-horse Race, Atiku Will Come Distant Second– Tinubu’s Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.