Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Breaking News School Student Kidnapped In Lagos, Epe - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Breaking News School Student Kidnapped In Lagos, Epe (646 Views)

500L UNIMAID Nursing Student Kidnapped, Raped, Robbed, Acid Poured On Her (Graph / Lady Who Wrote JAMB Kidnapped In Kano After Her Examination. Photos / OAU Female Law Student Kidnapped At Ife, Dumped In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News School Student Kidnapped In Lagos, Epe by iambic(m): 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2016
About 15 gunmen suspected to be militants on Thursday invaded Lagos State Model College, Igbonla, Epe, whisking away four students and two workers.
Surrounded by bushes, the school is situated in the swampy areas of Epe, near the Ijebu-Ode waterside and on an isolated road.
It was gathered that all the children kidnapped (names withheld) were in JSS I and just resumed school between Monday and Tuesday.
Six of the gunmen including a lady, two of whom were hooded, it was learned, stormed the junior school assembly hall while the children were praying.
The abductors, who stormed the place in three speed boats, were said to have gained entry into the school premises from the gate of the boy’s hostel and attacked shortly after the senior students have vacated their own assembly hall.
According to some students who spoke to The Nation, five of the six men had guns and one held a cutlass. The student eye witness said they scampered for safety as the gunmen ordered them to lie down.
“It was around 8am. They came here shooting in the air. They entered through the hole under the gate by the boy’s hostel. They were wearing different clothes. One wore blue and red clothes. Another one tied something on his head and two of them covered their faces.
“They just entered and said ‘everyone lie down. We started running. I and many others ran into the bush. People were just running in different directions. Then, they took some students away and some were following them.
When The Nation visited the school, apprehensive parents were seen attempting to take their wards home. They were however stopped by the management and the Deputy Governor, Dr. Idiat Adebule, who assured them that security has been beefed up.
Scores of policemen led by the Commissioner Fatai Owoseni, soldiers and local vigilantes were all over the area.
A man, Oluwafemi Adebisi whose 10-year-old son was among those kidnapped said he was informed about the incident by a family friend.
“A family friend called this morning and told me that there was an incident at my son’s school. I just brought Isaac to school on Tuesday. He is in JSS1 and has only spent two nights in the school. He’s my last born and he complained the day we were coming that this area is bushy and lonely.
“But I never knew anything like this would happen. We used to hear about robbery and crime in this Epe. So, when my friend told me, I didn’t even know that my son was among.
“My wife and I left immediately for the school and when we got here and we did not see my son. So, we met the Vice Principal and said Isaac was around during the assembly but that after the invasion, he didn’t answer his name during the roll call.
“They looked around and didn’t see him. Some people said they saw the gunmen carrying three children and that others were following them. No one said they saw Isaac, but he has not been found.
“I know my God is able. I leave everything to him and want him to take control. But I think the school needs to have police checkpoint here. Isaac is my only son and I allowed him school here because I wanted him to learn.”
Another parent, Titus Adeeko, who was yet to see his 11-year-old daughter, Oluwatimileyin, said her Guardian assured him she was safe.
He said that he also heard about the incident from a family friend, and immediately rushed to the school with his wife.
Adeeko said so many parents wept after they were denied access to their children.
Adebule said the incident was unfortunate, adding that such has never been experienced since establishment 29 years ago.
“Governor Akinwunmi Ambode has directed police, Navy and other security agencies to rescue the children within the shortest possible time.
“This is an incursion and we shall face it and deal with it appropriately. We are not happy about this incident. It is a great challenge to us as a government but this is why we are serving at this time. We want to implore the parents planning to take their children away to not panic. We have met with the affected parents and school management
Speaking to reporters at the premises, Owoseni confirmed that four children, a teacher and Principal were taken away.
Owoseni said the abductors kidnapped six children but two were found by policemen.
The police boss said that helicopters have been deployed to survey the surrounding bushes, adding that detectives were combing the forests.
He said: “Gunmen stormed Lagos State Model College, Igbonla, Epe, and abducted two teachers and two students.
“The suspects escaped through the Ogbere river. We have contacted the Ogun State Police Command, the Marine unit of the force as well as naval personnel has circled the river. Two of the students have since been rescued by our men. We will soon rescue the other victims.”
The Oyerindes confirmed that Lukman was among those abducted, pleading with the kidnappers to release the victims unhurt.
“Yes, he was among those kidnapped. We do not have details yet but we are begging the kidnappers to release them. No contact has been made,” said a family source

Re: Breaking News School Student Kidnapped In Lagos, Epe by adexfrosh(m): 11:35pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hmmmm...crime everywhere...so children can't go to skol nd dia parents shud be at peace again...na wa o

(1) (Reply)

Shayo Na Bastard: See Shocking Photo Of Man Caught Making Love To A Doll In A Ma / Man Catches Cheating Wife By Following Her With A Drone. (Nosy Gist) / Pictures Of A Lady That Was Messed Up By A Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.