Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation (20412 Views)

El-Zakzaky: Islamic Cleric Feared Dead In Detention - The Guardian / Photos Of Sambo Dasuki In Court For Olisa Metuh’s Corruption Trial. / 'Jonathan Testifying For Dasuki In Court Is Desirable'- Dasuki's Lawyer A. Raji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by HungerBAD: 4:15am On Oct 07, 2016
Why is former National Security Adviser (NSA) Sambo Dasuki still in detention despite court orders that he should be released?

Dasuki, NSA in the former President Goodluck Jonathan administration, is standing trial for embezzlement of over $15 billion fund meant for equipment and other logistics to fight Boko Haram, the insurgent group troubling the Northeastern part of the country.

The ECOWAS Court on Tuesday ordered Dasuki’s release. He went to the court after a Federal High Court’s order that he should be released was ignored.

President Muhammadu Buhari’s biographer, JohnPaden, hinted that Dasuki’s release from detention may not happen soon.

In Chapter 15 of the book, “Muhammadu Buhari – The challenges of Leadership in Nigeria” which focuses on ‘Military Procurement Accountability’, Paden noted that Buhari believed in confronting to the end any act of corruption that will undermine the integrity of the military.

He also disclosed that such corruption in military procurement that puts the lives of the foot soldiers at risk is capable of endangering the Nigeria Project itself.

Paden writes: “For Buhari who has said openly that he wants to be remembered for fighting corruption, it will be an unmitigated disaster for his legacy if such a gargantuan fleecing went on in his primary constituency, the military, and he failed to unearth it and punish the culprits.

“Buhari knows that Task Force and Division Commanders knew of and approved these arms purchases; Service Chiefs knew too; Ministers of Defence and Finance knew; Chief of Staff knew; civil servants in the Ministries of Defence and Finance knew, Chief of Staff to the President knew; the Vice President knew; and the President knew. It is why Buhari will keep his foot on Dasuki’s throat until he fesses up.

“Who really was Sambo Dasuki fronting for in Jonathan’s cabinet? That is the main question to which Buhari is also seeking answers.”

Paden continued: “As noted throughout this study, Buhari has a strong belief in right and wrong. He also has an abiding respect for the Nigerian military as an institution that can help hold Nigeria together.

“From Buhari’s perspective, if corruption in military procurement undermines the integrity of the military, that corruption must be confronted.

“And if such procurement allegations weaken the military response to Boko Haram and put ordinary foot soldiers at risk, that corruption poses a double threat, endangering even the Nigeria Project itself.”

Paden however ruled out personal or political affiliation as a reason for Dasuki’s continuous incarceration.

He said: “It is beyond the scope of this study to assess all the back stories of the relationship between Buhari and Dasuki. Suffice it to say that the so-called grudge between the two has never really existed.

“Dasuki is twelve years younger than Buhari, even though Dasuki did participate in the 1985 countercoup. The family of Ibrahim Dasuki and the Buhari extended family have been linked by marriage for more than four decades.

“In addition, in his inaugural address, Buhari had professed that although ‘the past is prologue’, he had no time to pursue alleged ‘enemies.”

“Other personal relationships in play included Buhari’s relationship with Jonathan’s Minister of Defence, General Aliyu Gusau and Buhari’s relationship with General Babangida, who has played such a ubiquitous role in Fourth Republic politics.

“Yet the real story probably has little to do with personal or political relationships.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/buharill-keep-dasuki-detention/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by Qbaba(m): 4:36am On Oct 07, 2016
Dasuki the ATM may not regain his freedom throughout Buhari's regime. The ATM really overpaid people.... grin

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:53am On Oct 07, 2016
Buhari the dictator grin grin grin grin grin

I'm surprised up till date Dasuki hasn't been convicted of any corrupt charges....

Well its a Government Of the Media, By the Media and for the Media

grin cheesy grin grin

#IStandWithSamDaddy cool

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by malele(m): 4:58am On Oct 07, 2016
What of brutai, the houses he bought in dubai was from arms procurement money too.
This una yeye president should jail in too

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by datopaper(m): 4:58am On Oct 07, 2016
If Buhari allow dasuki to go... is there any wahala there?

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by orisa37: 5:11am On Oct 07, 2016
Dasuki is a Clog in the wheels of the Caliphate. Abacha, the abomination, would have stupidly killed Dasuki if he were Buhari and alive today. It's a Caliphate Politics being displayed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by jmichlins(m): 5:12am On Oct 07, 2016
when I hear that this president is fighting corruption, I will feel like smashing my phone on the wall but when I remember the exchange rate of naira to dollar the phone will refuse to fall off my hands. The President is corruption dignified and refined.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by saintkel(m): 5:26am On Oct 07, 2016
Buhari is not fighting corruption please, he is simply on a path of revenge. D case of Saraki comes to mind

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:43am On Oct 07, 2016
jmichlins:
when I hear that this president is fighting corruption, I will feel like smashing my phone on the wall but when I remember the exchange rate of naira to dollar the phone will refuse to fall off my hands. The President is corruption dignified and refined.
What do you know about economy? How does the fight against corruption affect the price oe dollars?

13 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by Aufbauh(m): 5:51am On Oct 07, 2016
Waiting for the release of Dasuki from his confinement before his prosecution is like waiting for Buhari to resign his position as the Commander-in-Chief.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by TPAND(f): 6:12am On Oct 07, 2016
It is only absurd to see that Dansuki is in DSS custody while the cronies that received out of the $15billion dollar loot are walking free on the streets of Nigeria.

Buahri wake me up when this sham of a witch-hunt is finished. There's a conspiracy theory that is bugging my mind in this Dansuki's story. It's a sham.

APC e-herdsmen please stay off my mention on this

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by Bethelwealthy(m): 6:29am On Oct 07, 2016
......and also will not allow him to appear in court........cuz if he did.......he'll say WHAT BUHARI IS AFRAID OF LETTING NIGERIANS HEAR, which is...........the real truth about the whole (never approved or released "supposed $2.1Billion")...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by jmichlins(m): 6:32am On Oct 07, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

What do you know about economy? How does the fight against corruption affect the price oe dollars?
read the comment again this time slowly and with your brain in hyper-sensitive mode. But in case you no get the message am trying to pass, should I angrily smash my phone the dollar has ensured that I will find it extremely difficult to buy another. More also the corruption going in the availability of forex has no comparison. Unlike like fuel subsidy, this forex regime is on level of corruption and that had ensured the failure of every known monetary and fiscal policy in economic management

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by Candyrain(m): 6:34am On Oct 07, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Read again, slowly this time and try understand what he posted.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by Justindeco: 6:41am On Oct 07, 2016
i realy ashemed that some human beings hail buhari for disobeying court order in this evil entite called Nigeria the British create. I know that God of justice with his infinite mercy will one day destroy this evil country.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by Iscoalarcon: 6:42am On Oct 07, 2016
I'm from the North Eastern part of this Country and whenever I remember what this MotherF*cker did to us I always pray he gets the Chinese Or the North Korean treatment angry sad

Too hell with people like him

8 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by Ishilove: 6:42am On Oct 07, 2016
TPAND:
It is only absurd to see that Dansuki is in DSS custody while the cronies that received out of the $15billion dollar loot are walking free on the streets of Nigeria.

Buahri wake me up when this sham of a witch-hunt is finished. There's a conspiracy theory that is bugging my mind in this Dansuki's story
I agree with this part of your statement. Dasuki is the fall guy for some intensely powerful criminals and until those elements are identified and prosecuted, I will not believe the anti-corruption crusade is sincere. It is one thing to identify looters, and it is another to punish them, something the Buhari government has so far shown lack of commitment.

APC, PDP's incarnate is a huge fraud.

Anyone who quotes me to type rubbish this early morning will have the aggressive rage at being forced to buy a bag of rice for N20,000 duly transferred to him. Nota bene

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:49am On Oct 07, 2016
Candyrain:

Read again, slowly this time and try understand what he posted.
He wrote crap.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 07, 2016
grin [size=18pt]ATM[/size] Dasuki

In my opinion, i think the FG is right by locking up El-zakzaky, Dasuki and Nnamdi kanu because the trio are a threat to national security. No sane country will release such high profile criminals to destabilize the unity of the country. I applaud buhari on this

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by Nbote(m): 6:57am On Oct 07, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
He wrote crap.
Scanning for brain fragments........

Scanning...........

Scanning..........

Scanning..........

None found. Please load content with brain and try again..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by Candyrain(m): 7:00am On Oct 07, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

He wrote crap.

I just sense comprehension problem.

Ok bye.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by omololu2020(m): 7:10am On Oct 07, 2016
Buhari should free this man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:26am On Oct 07, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

I almost asked him same question but decided to first scroll down. The ignorance displayed on nairaland is alarming, can you imagine, someone alleging the president is corrupt because naira-dollar exchange rate is high?

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by dEastActivist: 7:27am On Oct 07, 2016
Iscoalarcon:
I'm from the North Eastern part of this Country and whenever I remember what this MotherF*cker did to us I always pray he gets the Chinese Or the North Korean treatment angry sad

Ooh spare us the rubbish...
What about those people that is looting the provision of the idp camp?
When will you request for their north korean and Chinese treatment.
When will you tell buhari to go after them and detain them without trial?
Dasuki case is a pure sham to deceive zombies like you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by otukpo(f): 7:29am On Oct 07, 2016
Buhari should leave dasuki alonel and allow him a fair hearing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by Flets: 7:54am On Oct 07, 2016
Buhari does not understand democracy literally

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:15am On Oct 07, 2016
Candyrain:

I just sense comprehension problem.

Ok bye.
I sense correlation problem in you. How does the fall in the value of the naira to the dollar amounts to the President being corrupt? Don't quote except you have some reasoning ability.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by CHANNELStv2020: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2016
BUHARI THE GOAT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by Brendaniel: 8:35am On Oct 07, 2016
For real?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by divide9ja: 8:37am On Oct 07, 2016
Iscoalarcon:

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 07, 2016
?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Keep Dasuki In Detention- The Nation by bikefab(m): 8:39am On Oct 07, 2016
What a lame line of reasoning!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo Will Kick If PDP Fields Atiku In 2019 — Ardo / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2 Hunters In Ogun / 2023: Peter Obi Should Stop Dragging Church Into Politics – Okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.