Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Not All Students On The Approved Senate List Will Be Mobilized For NYSC Batch B - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Not All Students On The Approved Senate List Will Be Mobilized For NYSC Batch B (3364 Views)

Solution To Errors In Names & Matric No On NYSC Senate List / NYSC 2017 Batch A Senate List Verification And Registration Starts Today / NYSC Propsective Batch B Corps Members Can Now Check The Approved Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not All Students On The Approved Senate List Will Be Mobilized For NYSC Batch B by Davo93(m): 6:07am On Oct 07, 2016
Strong indications have emerged that not all students, whose names appeared on the lists of recently approved results by the University Senate will be mobilized for the NYSC Batch ‘B’ proposed to begin next month.

Late Wednesday, OAU Peeps News Agency gathered that the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has sent memos to the Division of Student Affairs (DSA) of various institutions mandating them to shed the list of their graduating students presented for the coming batch.

For instance, at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, the number of graduating students that are due to go with Batch ‘B’ was 2,314. However, NYSC has mandated the institution to reduce the number to 894, indicating over 60 percent reduction. Our correspondents were also able to gather that it is the same situation in schools that are presenting prospective corps members (PCMs).

The latest development was borne out of the complaint of lack of sufficient fund by the NYSC. Obviously, the cash crunch cum recession period tells the obvious and it has now weighed its unpleasant effects on prospective corps members.

As at the time of filing this report, we have not been able to confirm yet neither the level of reduction in the number of PCMs to be presented by Obafemi Awolowo University nor the method that will be adopted to prune down the already pasted list of prospective corps members.

However, non-official sources at the DSA told us that OAU is also affected by the development. About 4,000 PCMs are expected to be mobilized for the Batch ‘B’ by OAU, but going by the rate of reduction given to other institutions, OAU may end up mobilizing just 1,600 graduating students.

In the mean time, online registration for prospective corps members on NYSC website would begin on October 17.

Read more: http://www.oaupeeps.com/2016/10/breaking-not-all-students-on-approved.html
Re: Not All Students On The Approved Senate List Will Be Mobilized For NYSC Batch B by Cutehector(m): 6:16am On Oct 07, 2016
Any candidate that wants to contests for presidency should include scrapping of nysc in his agenda and I will vote for him/her.

3 Likes

Re: Not All Students On The Approved Senate List Will Be Mobilized For NYSC Batch B by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 07, 2016
The Days of Gowon's legacy are numbered! no doubt.
Re: Not All Students On The Approved Senate List Will Be Mobilized For NYSC Batch B by mroguns(m): 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
God will help us in this country...
Re: Not All Students On The Approved Senate List Will Be Mobilized For NYSC Batch B by Agimor(m): 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
Cutehector:
Any candidate that wants to contests for presidency should include scrapping of nysc in his agenda and I will vote for him/her.
Can you shed more light on this I have been looking for a genuine reason to dodge that stuff maybe this could just be I want.
Re: Not All Students On The Approved Senate List Will Be Mobilized For NYSC Batch B by Cutehector(m): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
Agimor:
Can you shed more light on this I have been looking for a genuine reason to dodge that stuff maybe this could just be I want.
dodge which stuff? What should I shed more opinion about?
Re: Not All Students On The Approved Senate List Will Be Mobilized For NYSC Batch B by Cation25(m): 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
Rumors everywhere undecided
Re: Not All Students On The Approved Senate List Will Be Mobilized For NYSC Batch B by tenifayo1994(m): 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
i pray i make it by november

1 Like

Re: Not All Students On The Approved Senate List Will Be Mobilized For NYSC Batch B by Teaser4(m): 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2016
confirm lie.....wait and see ....I go reply you lerra

(1) (Reply)

Infostrategy Technology, A Company To Avoid During Service Year / Is Abia State That Bad For Nysc? / batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.