Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,100 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers (3230 Views)

My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / Lady Tells Her Mother She Is Pregnant, Did Abortion. Watch Her Mum's Reaction / Nigerian Mum’s Reaction To Son’s Dreadlocks (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Denvacandy: 10:45am On Nov 27, 2021
Seriously i am getting a mixed feelings and i think i should pour this out, i just finished my HND program and i struggle to finish, i am the last born of the family and i have 2 elder brother who are nothing close to being serious in life.

I create a goal in my school days and immediately after school i secure a job with it and i am earning and living fine.

Recently i had to leave my apartment in school and come down to my parent house just for another goal set again and my goal plan is working very good.

My mum has seen a very drastic change in my lifetsyle and the way i do things now, money don come lol

i even now give her monthly pay for food and within the month i buy allot of things just a normal thing for me.

Now the problem is, shes not happy with the way i am earning more than my brothers and how successful my brand has grown.

Most times when we argue, she start saying " have i not seen someone who earn low and make it better than someone who is earning big " all this things turns me off.

I feel shes suppose to be happy as i am not dependent on her for anything, and even now that i am doing back to the house, but no.

Can someone explain this or if you have any similare experience about this thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by jaeyking(m): 10:49am On Nov 27, 2021
She probably feels the responsibilities you take are not meant for u
Your elders are supposed to handle that.

Or probably you are overdoing it. Trying to use money to show seniority.

Well whatever the case may be.
Try to resolve it before it causes friction between you, your mum and ur brothers

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by thorpido(m): 10:50am On Nov 27, 2021
MOVE OUT AND GET YOUR OWN APARTMENT!
Your mom is going to make things toxic in your family.She might end up bringing enmity between you and your brothers.In the meanwhile,try and stay low.Don't show or speak much about your income.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Ammishaddai: 10:52am On Nov 27, 2021
Oga, you don't need to start blowing your trumpet just because you have started early on the path to success. Secondly, you have hastily judged your elder ones and classed them in to the "unserious ", and you think you're right about that ? Baba, e go shock you when thing take a turn around

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 27, 2021
thorpido:
MOVE OUT AND GET YOUR OWN APARTMENT!
Your mom is going to make things toxic in your family.She might end up bringing enmity between you and your brothers.In the meanwhile,try and stay low.Don't show or speak much about your income.
You are right,all your responses to issues are always spot on.If I may ask,are you married?

1 Like

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by SanctifiedSista(f): 10:54am On Nov 27, 2021
Denvacandy:
Seriously i am getting a mixed feelings and i think i should pour this out, i just finished my HND program and i struggle to finish, i am the last born of the family and i have 2 elder brother who are nothing close to being serious in life.

I create a goal in my school days and immediately after school i secure a job with it and i am earning and living fine.

Recently i had to leave my apartment in school and come down to my parent house just for another goal set again and my goal plan is working very good.

My mum has seen a very drastic change in my lifetsyle and the way i do things now, money don come lol

i even now give her monthly pay for food and within the month i buy allot of things just a normal thing for me.

Now the problem is, shes not happy with the way i am earning more than my brothers and how successful my brand has grown.

Most times when we argue, she start saying " have i not seen someone who earn low and make it better than someone who is earning big " all this things turns me off.

I feel shes suppose to be happy as i am not dependent on her for anything, and even now that i am doing back to the house, but no.

Can someone explain this or if you have any similare experience about this thanks

You are an adult and don't need the approval of your parents on the success or failures Of your life..if you want to do anything , rather be humble to your family and don't show u are now a big shot making good money
She cannot be happy her boys are not doing well in life..dosent mean she hates u, it's just heart breaking...keep a cool head and dont take anything to heart
Make sure u be in places that have only good vibes,if d home has too much negatively,leave and visit once in a while

9 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by NwaAmaikpe: 10:56am On Nov 27, 2021
shocked

Sit your mom down and get the truth from her.

From my end, I can't think of any other thing asides that maybe you are the product of a rape she's never told anyone about, that's why she'd forever resent you.

This is why we keep saying women are confused creatures because that is not a good reason to hate you except she didn't climax on the day of your conception, and in that case, her hate is very justified.

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Klass99(f): 10:57am On Nov 27, 2021

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by thorpido(m): 10:58am On Nov 27, 2021
Iyaebe:
You are right,all your responses to issues are always spot on.If I may ask,are you married?
Are you interested?

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Candidlady: 10:58am On Nov 27, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sit your mom down and get the truth from.

From my end, I can't think of any other thing asides that maybe you are the product of a rape, that's why she'd forever resent you.

lmao

this one has escaped again

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Denvacandy: 11:00am On Nov 27, 2021
Bros, i dont even talk about how much i make or tell them when i recieve credit alert, this my 2 brodas live far away from each other, infact we have not seen each others for close to 7months now.

Let me make this clear to you, you cannot hide money for long, people will notice you already have money.

When you dey fresh and change shoes cloth and even making crazy moves, how will they not know you already have money

I try as much as possible to hide it away from people that i have money but no.

Do you know the meaning of someone that has suffered and smells compare to when you see the person now and the smell of peff won make u hug the person? you see fresh shoes and cloths?

Shey hin go steal am ni?

Ammishaddai:
Oga, you don't need to start blowing your trumpet just because you have started early on the path to success. Secondly, you have hastily judged your elder ones and classed them in to the "unserious ", and you think you're right about that ? Baba, e go shock you when thing take a turn around

1 Like

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 27, 2021
thorpido:
Are you interested?
You didn't answer my simple question but responded with a question.
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Ammishaddai: 11:07am On Nov 27, 2021
Denvacandy:
Bros, i dont even talk about how much i make or tell them when i recieve credit alert, this my 2 brodas live far away from each other, infact we have not seen each others for close to 7months now.

Let me make this clear to you, you cannot hide money for long, people will notice you already have money.

When you dey fresh and change shoes cloth and even making crazy moves, how will they not know you already have money

Do you know the meaning of someone that has suffered and smells compare to when you see the person now and the smell of peff won make u hug the person? you see fresh shoes and cloths?

Shey hin go steal am ni?

They say pride comes before a fall. Just be on the look out

6 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by MufasaLion: 11:10am On Nov 27, 2021
Your mom is toxic. Go get your own apartment and move away from family drama.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by MufasaLion: 11:14am On Nov 27, 2021
Ammishaddai:
They say pride comes before a fall. Just be on the look out

That nigga is not proud! Why do y'all get offended easily when someone a life is starting to get better? The dude has said nothing bad and done nothing wrong.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by MufasaLion: 11:15am On Nov 27, 2021
SanctifiedSista:

You are an adult and don't need the approval of your parents on the success or failures Of your life..if you want to do anything , rather be humble to your family and don't show u are now a big shot making good money
She cannot be happy her boys are not doing well in life..dosent mean she hates u, it's just heart breaking...keep a cool head and dont take anything to heart
Make sure u be in places that have only good vibes,if d home has too much negatively,leave and visit once in a while

She might not be happy but she shouldn't exhibit toxic traits.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by SanctifiedSista(f): 11:18am On Nov 27, 2021
MufasaLion:

She might not be happy but she shouldn't exhibit toxic traits.

I never said mummy exhibit toxic traits, it's up to her to decide the temperature of her home and not hurt herself by being in an environment were u are seen as d bad Guy

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by thorpido(m): 11:20am On Nov 27, 2021
Iyaebe:
You didn't answer my simple question but responded with a question.
Just teasing you jare. grin
Yes,i'm married.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Ammishaddai: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2021
[s]
MufasaLion:

That nigga is not proud! Why do y'all get offended easily when someone a life is starting to get better? The dude has said nothing bad and done nothing wrong.
[/s] Please read my comment and stop operating on ignorance

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by MufasaLion: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2021
SanctifiedSista:

I never said mummy exhibit toxic traits, it's up to her to decide the temperature of her home and not hurt herself by being in an environment were u are seen as d bad Guy

You seem not to understand my post.
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by MufasaLion: 11:22am On Nov 27, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Please read my comment and stop operating on ignorance

I read it and you had the opinion he was proud.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Ammishaddai: 11:23am On Nov 27, 2021
MufasaLion:

I read it and you had the opinion he was proud.
Good. So why the heck did you coming into my mentions to tag me as "angry /offended " when all I'm doing is just telling him to be humble? undecided
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by MufasaLion: 11:26am On Nov 27, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Good. So why the heck did you coming into my mentions to tag me as "angry /offended " when all I'm doing is just telling him to be humble? undecided

undecided undecided undecided

He's not proud! Simple!

5 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Jay5mie: 11:28am On Nov 27, 2021
Denvacandy:

Shey hin go steal am ni?

You seem like a f**cking proud mo'fcker

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Ammishaddai: 11:29am On Nov 27, 2021
[s]
MufasaLion:

undecided undecided undecided

He's not proud! Simple!
[/s]By talking about how much he earns and calling his elder ones "unserious " has shown he's proud . So stop giving excuses for his boastful comments

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 27, 2021
thorpido:
Just teasing you jare. grin
Yes,i'm married.
I thought as much,you can easily spot matured men by their comments on this forum.hml

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by MufasaLion: 11:31am On Nov 27, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s]By talking about how much he earns and calling his elder one "unserious " has shown he's proud . So stop giving excuses for his boastful comments

Guy, you have low self-esteem. Having someone like you around me would be a mistake.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by greenie77: 11:31am On Nov 27, 2021
Since you are financially stable, you are better. off living. on your own.
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by MufasaLion: 11:32am On Nov 27, 2021
greenie77:
Since you are financially stable, you are better. off living. on your own.

Right!

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Ammishaddai: 11:32am On Nov 27, 2021
MufasaLion:

Guy, you have low self-esteem. Having someone like you around me would be a mistake.
I can't even be around dimwits who give excuses boastful behaviors.

6 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by MufasaLion: 11:34am On Nov 27, 2021
Ammishaddai:
I can't even be around dimwits who give excuses boastful behaviors.

Now you've resulted into insults. grin

"Poor and unserious elder brother" grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Richy4(m): 11:34am On Nov 27, 2021
This is kind of odd to me because mothers are known most times to favour the first male child or the last born...

It could be that your bragging rights has reached to the highest heaven.. and she couldn't contain it any more grin...

Just continue doing your thing man, u owe no one an explanation when God has chosen to favour you..it is not your fault

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? / Natural Therapy For Hypertension Reversal. / Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.