Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

419ers Take Over Facebook - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 419ers Take Over Facebook (9522 Views)

10 Reasons To Choose Echatbook Over Facebook / Beware: News44.org Virus Takes Over Facebook And Twitter / 419ers In D House Using Free Browsing 2 Hold Us 4 Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by justwise(m): 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2009
clomn:

YOU PEOPLE ARE THE ONES CONDEMNING NIGERIANS. WHAT OF THE LEBANESE, INDIANS, YANKEES, CHINESE, RUSSIANS AND EVEN BRAZILIANS. THESE ARE THE WORLD FAMOUS FRAUDSTERS.

Fool.Does that make it rigth?
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by bani(m): 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2009
note of advice its not just an online thing. sharing your business card could also expose you to being scammed. ive received several strange calls and mails and the normal introduction is that we met at a meeting/ seminar; he has been to my office before;  i did a job for a friends company; a wedding; etc, and after going through their request and maybe a follow up call, you find out the details they have of you are basically what they got from your business card.
ive been called to bid for a deal with nnpc and have a short cut: to buy a rare chemical: help sell some minerals: to act as a front in  a deal they cant do themselves, etc. and they work on the fact that you are a business man and ready for a deal.
so the bottom line even for the online scam is to be honest and less desperate. most strange calls could be genuine, but you have to approach it with wisdom, caution and always involve they referred contacts they quote or toe the official line.
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by gshyne(m): 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2009
Una come talk say make man no deny hin Nigerian origin eh. Too much bad publicity, our reputation goes before us everywhere init
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by martinosi: 12:45pm On Oct 21, 2009
scorpio1:

This Level of scam was never started by Nigerians, it originated from the hackers in the middle east and India, a few Nigerians might have learnt it from these hackers(they always have open forums where they share these exploits)why then will FBI and the world now turn all the blame to Nigerians,we are always the scape goat and foolishly enough we readily accept it willingly, I did an investigation into this when it happened to me and i found out that a Turkish hacker was responsible.
Stop harassing Nigerians, Chikena!

True Talk, all these 419 Scams are being done by Other African Countries
and also people accross the World,  ie Eastern Europeans, Indians etc,
Nigerians are just the Scape goats.
And by the Looks of it the Indians are doing alot of bad sh**t lately
do to the fact that there local companies are used as call & data centres
for alot of companies in Western Europe & North America,

These guys are doing scams that would blow your mind !!!

True Talk,  Leave Nigerians Alone,
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by mygladness: 12:56pm On Oct 21, 2009
martinosi:

and also people accross the World, ie Eastern Europeans, Indians etc,

True Talk, Leave Nigerians Alone,

Would u encourage your son who is picking pockets simply because neighbours' sons are bank robbers.
Shame! shame!! shame!!!
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by sirt1(m): 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2009
mygladness:

Would u encourage your son who is picking pockets simply because neighbours' sons are bank robbers.
Shame! shame!! shame!!!

Big question and I'm expecting answer.

martinosi:

and also people accross the World,  ie Eastern Europeans, Indians etc,

[size=8pt][size=8pt][b]True Talk,  Leave Nigerians Alone, [/b][/size][/size]

Birds of the feather.

clomn:

YOU PEOPLE ARE THE ONES CONDEMNING NIGERIANS. WHAT OF THE LEBANESE, INDIANS, YANKEES, CHINESE, RUSSIANS AND EVEN BRAZILIANS. THESE ARE THE WORLD FAMOUS FRAUDSTERS.

You must be one of them.

tourmaline:

these days we have to be xtracareful. [size=8pt][b][b]i am pissed at people saying its Nigeria alone though it doesnt make it right but guyz shd stop screaming nigeria as if that the only country on the planet. Some guys route money to nigeria from the uk and sometimes to Ghana[/b][/size]. I pray God delivers Nigeria cos some of us are losing wonderful opportunities cos of the bad name we have earned. God Save Us[/b] cry

What is your stand? Are u encouraging the fraudsters or what?

alfchye:

I can bet Hundred million dollars tht the face book stuff is not from Nigeria, This are done by most  people from Alabnia, Vietnam or Romania and [size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][b]they all have yahoo yahoo friends in Nigeria who can help them pick up this amount anytime any day. So it is sent to Nigeria  and the Nigerians in turn return certain percentage to them in their countries[/b][/size][/size][/size]

Helping the fraudsters to carry out their stupid act? You must be stupid for that comment.

dtw_sola:

You people are getting all excited over a story posted on some blog, by another Nigerian for that matter. Quite an overreaction. I think the whole 419 thing is overblown these days. Most of the high level internet scamming that is successful these days is coming from Eastern Europe (esp Russia) , as well as China. This scamming is carried out by 'well educated' individuals finding vulnerabilities and hacking into computer networks for banks, government organizations, and other institutions. Our local 'yahoo' boys that are still sending out communications in poorly written English and hoping for bait are not finding much success in the scamming business anymore. I don't think that we're even close to being the number one scamming nation on earth. Nobody sees a Russian and automatically thinks he/she must be a scammer. Nigerians should not have to deal with these negative stereotypes, especially given the facts.

I seem not to understand your point. Are u saying Nigerians are saint? Are your point was that yahoo boys doesn't exist in Nigeria? My friend, u need to visit our higher institutions and see how small boys are parading cars they can not take home. Where do u think they got the money from? It is basically from yahoo yahoo thing and may be at times from YAHOO PLUS!!!!!

Pls, lets call a spade by its name. Nigerians are corrupt------not everybody sha oooo
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by ochukoccna: 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2009
[size=18pt]WHY ARE WE COMPLAINING NOW?   CAN 'YAHOOZEE' & 'MAGA DON PAY' TOP THE CHARTS IN A COUNTRY AND AMONG A PEOPLE INTERESTED IN FIGHTING THE MENACE OF 419? IF YES, HOW COME NIGERIANS WERE DANCING IT NIGHT AND DAY? OLU MAINTAIN WAS EVEN INVITED FOR SOCIAL FUNCTIONS WHERE HE REELED OUT HIS 'HIT TRACK' B4 YARADUA & JONATHAN GOODLUCK [-9ja's first citizens?]. EVEN IF THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE LYRICS, COULDN'T THEIR PROTOCOL OFFICERS HAVE INTIMATED THEM OF THE IMPLICATION OR TOLD OLU NOT TO SING THE SONG B4 OUR WHO IS WHO? WE JUST DEY DECEIVE OURSELVES ON FIGHTING 419. SHIO! FACE IT, 9JA AS A COUNTRY IS FINISHED! HOWEVER, OUT OF THE ASHES OF THIS MORASS, A NEW NATION BASED ON MERIT 'LL RISE.[/size]
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by sshalom(m): 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2009
People should just be careful about how they conduct their business online. The truth of the matter is that every country has it's own criminals and to generalize all Nigerians as 419ers is simply unacceptable!
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by texazzpete(m): 4:51pm On Oct 21, 2009
Sometimes i clearly understand how we got into this mess. Why are there so many people in denial?
The first rule in a financial crime investigation is 'follow the money'! And when more often than not the monies are sent to recipients in Nigeria, why would anyone be talking about turkish and russian 'hackers'?

As someone once said, if we were any bit interested in fighting this evil, why do songs like 'Maga Don Pay' and 'I Go Chop Your Dollar' rise to the top of the charts when they come out? Have you seen the comments on Youtube for 'I Go Chop Your Dollar' made by Nigerians? Why then do you want to be treated with respect?

Scammers exist in Russia, Ukraine, in the US and loads many more countries. but you know what the bleeping difference is?

1. Scammers there are treated like pariahs, shunned and despised by the honest. They are extremely reluctant to expose their 419 occupation to all - unlike Nigerians.

2. Nigerian scammers have easily obtained a reputation as insatiable and cruel scammers who will happily drain your entire savings and leave you in perennial debt. Western scams like credit card theft and identity theft hardly ever leave you that broken. Add to that the shame and embarrassment associated with being left for broke by people who gained your trust - and then scammed you of all your possessions.

Instead of claiming conspiracy theories, we need to spend time fixing this issue in this country.
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by phoneworks: 7:14pm On Oct 21, 2009
I only see these guys as showing the outside world how our leader are duping us. They in turn are duping the outside world. Shame to our so called leaders though they are shameless. They are local 419ers otherwise these guys would have been provided for. They should have been engaged in a meaning venture with their functional brain yes they are brainy. If you look at their formation you will know that their brain cells are vibrating at a high frequency.
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by youngdee(m): 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2009
Nairalanders, dont you think it is high time we put an end to all these rubbish of our name being dragged in the mud, They just keep saying shitz about our darling nation even when they are not sure if all these fraud things are linked to Nigeria. I have countless numbers of mails from fraudsters in countries like Russia, Philippine and many more. There are worst crimes in the US compare to Nigeria, we should start putting theirs on the internet too so they will know what it feels like for a country's name to be associated with crime.

LETS JOING HANDS TOGETHER AND DO THIS.
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2009
I don hammer!! grin grin
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by BADLEE: 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2009
Please which country is Nigeria .?
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by adeakanbi: 2:22am On Oct 22, 2009
maybe if the system works,this problem would die a natural death
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by texazzpete(m): 7:30am On Oct 22, 2009
youngdee:

Nairalanders, dont you think it is high time we put an end to all these rubbish of our name being dragged in the mud, They just keep saying shitz about our darling nation even when they are not sure if all these fraud things are linked to Nigeria. I have countless numbers of mails from fraudsters in countries like Russia, Philippine and many more. There are worst crimes in the US compare to Nigeria, we should start putting theirs on the internet too so they will know what it feels like for a country's name to be associated with crime.

LETS JOING HANDS TOGETHER AND DO THIS.

What crimes?
Oya, post some of these 'fraudulent' mails you get from Russians etc let's see.
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by Skywalker5(m): 9:32am On Oct 22, 2009
Haba. this scam is not actually Naija scam na. Na Yankie this scam they operate pass. whyy put the blame on Nigeria?
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by martinosi: 11:27am On Oct 22, 2009
texazzpete:

What crimes?

HUMAN NATURE CANT CHANGE WITHOUT FORM OF DIVINE INTERVENTION !!!

ANYWAY ALL SCAMS IN NIGERIA ORIGINATED FROM ABROAD, PERIOD!!!
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by Dclique(m): 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2009
True!!!
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by AMIRACH: 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2009
texazzpete:

What crimes?

they need more investigation to make claims that Nigerians are involve in this.
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by collide: 5:04pm On Oct 22, 2009
WHY ARE WE COMPLAINING NOW? CAN 'YAHOOZEE' & 'MAGA DON PAY' TOP THE CHARTS IN A COUNTRY AND AMONG A PEOPLE INTERESTED IN FIGHTING THE MENACE OF 419? IF YES, HOW COME NIGERIANS WERE DANCING IT NIGHT AND DAY? OLU MAINTAIN WAS EVEN INVITED FOR SOCIAL FUNCTIONS WHERE HE REELED OUT HIS 'HIT TRACK' B4 YARADUA & JONATHAN GOODLUCK [-9ja's first citizens?]. EVEN IF THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE LYRICS, COULDN'T THEIR PROTOCOL OFFICERS HAVE INTIMATED THEM OF THE IMPLICATION OR TOLD OLU NOT TO SING THE SONG B4 OUR WHO IS WHO? WE JUST DEY DECEIVE OURSELVES ON FIGHTING 419. SHIO! FACE IT, 9JA AS A COUNTRY IS FINISHED! HOWEVER, OUT OF THE ASHES OF THIS MORASS, A NEW NATION BASED ON MERIT 'LL RISE.

this is the only reasonable comment on this topic. Nigerians are quick to blame Nigerians for being scammers when they r indirectly scamming themselves and buying into the scam mentality. we defend this yahoo boys too unconsciously. lets focuse on eradicating poverty and protect our bloody profiles on facebook so that we wont become potential mugus. grin
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by cudos: 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2009
these boys has mastered the job their masters teach them. 419 was not nacido in nigeria.
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 23, 2009
For naija people too dey speak grammar
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by yommyuk: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2009
I left my new email address on NL last week. since then I have been recieving emails from 419ers everyday.
Now tell me which nationalilty are the source of this new JUMBO JUMBO
NAIJA surely angry
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 24, 2009
lol, solution, DNT LEAVE UR CONTACTS O.
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2009
very soon, Nigeria will be living in the stone age cos of all this scam,  Nigeria has already been blacklisted by ebay, amazon,craiglist and some other commercial website, Nigeria is the one losing out from all the goodies and cheap bargains these sites are offering, a lot of credit cards don't even work in Nigeria anymore. very soon, the only accessible website to Nigerians will be yahoomail.
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2009
For some reason, right now, I can't log on to facebook. I hope it's not because of these 419 guys. Please people see if you can log on.
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2009
yes, they were having a problem earlier.
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2009
tpia.:

yes, they were having a problem earlier.

Were? Earlier? I mean now. What about now? I still can't log in, sir.
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2009
Fortissimo:

Were? Earlier? I mean now. What about now? I still can't log in, sir.

I also had problems logging in today. Havent tried again yet.

I'll soon take a vacation from FB sef- people are starting their drama there.
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2009
I can log in now, people. Guess it was just a site issue. However look at these

www.businessinsider.com/, /nigerian-scammers-still-roosting-on-facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQgl_TiAYwI

What's even worse are the comments! How do Nigerians living in the UK, US, etc. survive? I bet many of you are looked at with suspicion. Damn these scammers!
Re: 419ers Take Over Facebook by Nobody: 4:49am On Oct 25, 2009
anyway @ topic

its the culture

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Swiftband Gives You Unlimited Internet With Swift 4G/LTE / How Do You Play Swf On Windows 10? / How Can I Convert Etisalat Sim 4rm Edge To 3g?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.