Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,222 members, 7,822,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Read Your Christian Devotional Here - Rhapsody Of Realities - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Read Your Christian Devotional Here - Rhapsody Of Realities (573 Views)

3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life / 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race / 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read Your Christian Devotional Here - Rhapsody Of Realities by mezeadichie: 7:59am On Oct 08, 2016
Read your Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional

Faith Gets The Lord’s Attention - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

Saturday 8th October 2016

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1).

Matthew 15:21-28 tells us the story of a Canaanite woman who wanted a miracle for her daughter and came to Jesus. She cried, “Master, have mercy on me; my daughter is terribly sick and oppressed by the devil.” The Bible records that Jesus didn’t give her any attention. As the woman got importunate, the disciples of Jesus came to Him and urged him to send her away, because she kept crying after them.

Perhaps she realized that her crying wasn’t going to change anything; the Bible says, “Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me” (Matthew 15:25). When she did, it got the Master’s attention and He attended to her. He commended her faith and granted her request, for her worship was an act of faith. Her daughter was gloriously healed from that very hour.

When we worship the Lord, we get His attention. It’s not our complaining or longevity of our problems that gets His attention; it’s our faith; and worship is an act of faith. God is neither moved by the flesh, nor by long weeks of crying. He’s only moved by the response of the human spirit, and faith is the response of the human spirit to the Word of God. Sometimes, people think God should respond to them because they’ve been “good.” They’d say, “Lord, I’m a good person; why then am I going through this situation?”

God isn’t moved by your situation or by the fact that you’re good. The Bible doesn’t say, “Without goodness, it’s impossible to please God”; it says, “But without faith it is impossible to please him” (Hebrews 11:6). You’re to respond with your spirit to the Word; that’s what gets His attention. Faith doesn’t complain. Faith doesn’t beg. Faith insists on, and maintains the integrity of the Word. Faith is acting on the Word, refusing to stagger or give up in the face of staggering opposition. That’s what gets God’s attention.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I worship you today. You’re the Most High, the living, true, wise, and faithful God; the healer, my provider, and the supplier of all good things. I extol your majesty, for you’re greater than all. Your Name is exalted, and glorified in all the earth, now and forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Further Study: || Matthew 9:20-22 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind [him], and touched the hem of his garment: 21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. 22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour. ||

|| Romans 4:19-21 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: 20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. ||

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 1:24-2:1-5,

Isaiah 46-47

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 2:10-18,

Lamentations 4-5

Read your free Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional for the month of October -

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Read Your Christian Devotional Here - Rhapsody Of Realities by mezeadichie: 9:14am On Oct 08, 2016
DEATH HAS BEEN DEFEATED!

Until Jesus came, Satan had the keys of death. The Bible lets us know that men and women were, all their lifetime, subject to bondage because of the fear of death. But Jesus put an end to that through His victory over death and the grave and liberated all men from the fear of death: “Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage” (Hebrews 2:14-15).

As a result of Adam’s disobedience, the Bible says death came upon all men (Romans 5:12). When Adam committed high treason back in the Garden of Eden by obeying Satan, death began to work in every man. The devil gained liberty to afflict men with sickness, disease and destruction.

But blessed be God! When Jesus died on the cross, He went right into hell, the devil’s territory and took back from him the keys of death and hell: “I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death”(Revelations 1:18). He overcame death when He triumphantly rose from the dead and ushered man into a new life. Today, anyone who is born again need not fear death, for death has been defeated by Jesus; it’s the last enemy that will be destroyed, as read in our opening verse, but is already defeated.

Today, Satan can no longer take anybody’s life at will because he doesn’t have the power of death anymore. He can only make empty threats, and try to deceive men or make them destroy themselves. Jesus spoiled Satan by obtaining from him the keys of death and hell, and gave you authority to keep Satan, sin and death under your dominion.

To read more visit Christian Devotional | Rhapsody of Realities
Re: Read Your Christian Devotional Here - Rhapsody Of Realities by mezeadichie: 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
Read Your Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional

Christ Is Our Source And Our Sufficiency - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

Sunday 9th October 2016 .

For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills (Psalm 50:10).

Proverb 13:22 says, “…and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just”; this is nice, but as a child of God, you have to transcend that level. You should live better and higher than waiting for the wealth of the sinners to be passed on to you. Realize who you are: you’re the seed of Abraham! Your wealth and riches in Christ are inexhaustible.

Sinners don’t have what it takes to do the mighty and extraordinary things we do for the expansion of God’s Kingdom; and that’s a fact. Therefore, it’ll be amiss to wait on them. Don’t count on the wealth of the sinners to come to you; you’re an heir of the Sovereign, living by Kingdom principles. That’s your guarantee for a life of absolute abundance.

Understand that there are blessings in the Old Testament that don’t measure up with what we have in the New Testament. We’re of the New Testament, not of the Old. You’re a joint-heir with Christ. Christ owns everything; He owns the world, and so do you. 1 Corinthians 3:21 says, “Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours.”

Why then should you be waiting on the wealth of the sinners to be turned over to you? No; you’re too big for that; rather, you and your heavenly Father—the Monarch of the Universe—have become partners to bless others, including the sinners. Matthew 5:45 says, “That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.” We’re like our heavenly Father; a blessing to our world; we never run dry, because Christ is our source and our sufficiency.

CONFESSION

Dear Lord, you’re my Shepherd; therefore, I can never lack! I’m walking in the light of my prosperity, being the seed of Abraham. I have access to wealth untold, because I’m plugged into God’s unending supply. Hallelujah!

Here are the different categories of our christian devotionals .

Welcome to Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, the No.1 daily devotional in the world! Read Rhapsody of Realities | Leading Christian Daily Devotional .
Re: Read Your Christian Devotional Here - Rhapsody Of Realities by Johnmichael2016: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
WHERE THE WORD OF A KING IS THERE IS POWER

One of the most profound truths revealed to us in God’s word as evident in the teachings of Jesus is that we can have what we say. As a Christian, your words are not empty; what you say comes to pass. You can talk to anything, including your body. You can talk to negative situations such sickness and disease, and they will surely obey you.

Someone may say, “I have a growth in my stomach and it’s hurting so bad, the doctor says it is cancer.” Stop talking about the growth; talk to it instead. Tell it to die and pass out of your body!

In mark 11:23, Jesus didn’t say we should talk about the mountain or say what the mountain is doing; he said, “Talk to the mountain! Tell it to move.” In same way, don’t complain about the severity of the pain or trouble you‘re feeling in your body. Talk to your body; tell the pain to cease and tell your body to function rightly in line with the life of God that’s in your spirit. Remember, your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. It’s not for Sickness, disease or infirmity.

You are too beautiful to be sick, diseased or afflicted. Therefore, never condone sickness or disease in your body. Reject it with all vehemence. Someone said,” I always wake up with headaches whenever I sleep; I don’t understand why!” Stop talking about the headache; talk to it! “Say In the name of Jesus, I am not going to wake up with another headache in my life!”

Or maybe you always have to take certain pills before you can sleep; you ought to say,” No! Body, in the name of Jesus, you will function without these pills!” And then you go ahead and tell your eyes what to do. Tell them to go to sleep in the name of Jesus and they will. You must learn to use your mouth to keep sickness and disease away from your life by talking to your body.

To read more : Kindly visit Christian Devotional Official Website.
Read Rhapsody of Realities Devotional by Pastor Chris

Welcome to Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, the No.1 daily devotional in the world! Read Rhapsody of Realities | Leading Christian Daily Devotional . The devotional has been designed to enhance your spiritual growth and development.

(1) (Reply)

Different Types Of People Praying In Nigerian Churches / Christianity Is Not A Religion / Igbos Cannot Stay In Nigeria - Prophet Nwoko.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.