Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? (5917 Views)

Some Inspirational Bible Characters You Should Model Yourself After Them / 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith / Assume All Bible Characters Are Black, Here Is How They Will Look (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

dont even go there...
Ad my foot!

U want to use copy and paste to argue against the obvious again?
Or u want to actually deny A.D? Mscheww
grin
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by raphieMontella: 1:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
felixomor:

U want to use copy and paste to argue against the obvious again? Or u want to actually deny A.D? Mscheww grin
are you sick?
when was ''ad''invented? I guess you've not heard of C.E?
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by Omooba77: 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

This is utterly false. There is no record of Jewish servitude in Egypt.

And I suspect that this is the point that the OP is trying to make. Not that these places or people have never existed but rather that the stories that we have about them are so indelibly mixed with mythologies and inventions of all sorts that we can hardly say we know anything about them.

Artifacts and Egyptian stories established the truth about Isreal living in Egypt.
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

are you sick?

when was ''ad''invented?
I guess you've not heard of C.E?

Hahaha, either way u play ur google game,
The life of Jesus is still the reference point.

Try harder cool
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by PastorAIO: 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
Omooba77:

Artifacts and Egyptian stories established the truth about Isreal living in Egypt.

Pray tell. Which Egyptian story? Which artifact?

Why do you chaps always resort to lies? Are you sure that you are not collecting a spirit of deceit in those churches that you attend?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by PastorAIO: 2:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
felixomor:

Hahaha, either way u play ur google game,

Try harder cool

This is so disingenuous. The muslims have their own counting system. So do the Chinese. The only reason we use AD today is because Europe dominated the world and the Roman Empire became christian and used it. It was started in the year 525AD. It tells us as much about when Jesus lived as the celebration of Christmas tells us about when he was born. In a word, Nada.

Do you believe that Jesus was born on the 25th of December?

No? Well, there you go.

1 Like

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by raphieMontella: 2:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
felixomor:

Hahaha, either way u play ur google game
stop being silly! Not everyone suscribes to ignorance like you do go and enlighten yourself..
Try harder cool
oh really? The jesus born in 4bc/6ad or the jesus born in 1bc?

1 Like

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by raphieMontella: 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

This is so disingenuous. The muslims have their own counting system. So do the Chinese. The only reason we use AD today is because Europe dominated the world and the Roman Empire became christian and used it. It was started in the year 525AD. It tells us as much about when Jesus lived as the celebration of Christmas tells us about when he was born. In a word, Nada.

No? Well, there you go.
dont tell him..
ignorance is his blanket...
he uses it to wipe his face...
He wont know the egyptians developed their own ''years'' based on a 12 lunar moon cycle of 360 days +5 days of merryment every year..
Felixomor keep on fooling yourself..
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by Seun(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
Omooba77:

Bible is not fictitious.Noah's ark was found somewhere around Turkey;so many other infallible proofs
Do you have a picture of the said ark, or any evidence of this claim?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
Seun:

Do you have a picture of the primordial soup ? Or any evidence of its existence ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by PastorAIO: 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Do you have a picture of the primordial soup ? Or any evidence of its existence ?

You're comparing a claim of 'The Ark was found' to a cosmogonic theory.

Kwantinue, as you like to say.

Or it is someone else that says that?

1 Like

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

You're comparing a claim of 'The Ark was found' to a cosmogonic theory.

Kwantinue, as you like to say.

Or it is someone else that says that?

grin grin

But come on , the bible gave a description of the Ark and its measurements - this have been replicated too wink

Anyway , I'm not sure if the Ark story in Turkey is true .
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

dont tell him..
ignorance is his blanket...
he uses it to wipe his face...
He wont know the egyptians developed their own ''years'' based on a 12 lunar moon cycle of 360 days +5 days of merryment every year..
Felixomor keep on fooling yourself..

Hahaha, so this is what C.E means?
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

stop being silly!
Not everyone suscribes to ignorance like you do
go and enlighten yourself..

oh really?
The jesus born in 4bc/6ad or the jesus born in 1bc?

Still doesnt erase the meaning of B.C or A.D.
Try harder
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

No? Well, there you go.

Europe dominated the world, and Jesus came from europe, I guess?

U can see that all lies will be exposed when u start to discusss history?

Soon, we will know who existed or not.
cool
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by Omooba77: 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
Seun:

You can read this sir too.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201011/egypt-in-bible-history/
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by Justiceleague1: 8:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
Seun:

the bible characters are real.

Oga seun,whats happening in politics section,offensive posts that are reported are deleted but your mod(s) there takes no punitive action against the 'certain' offenders.
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by PastorAIO: 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
felixomor:

Europe dominated the world, and Jesus came from europe, I guess?

U can see that all lies will be exposed when u start to discusss history?

Soon, we will know who existed or not.
cool

Nope! Dionysius Exiguus came from Europe and it was he who invented the A.D/B.C system in 525AD. Jesus wouldn't have known anything about any AD/BC. Where Jesus came from is irrelevant to this issue in fact and for you to bring him up is deplorably daft.
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by Kingdanitez97(m): 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
raphieMontella:
i know you like an exchange of words... Its an integral part of you..which is a consequence of your childishness... So take your childishness and swerve!
Shalom!
Oga give ur life to Christ before... Tomorrow may be late

1 Like

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by Kingdanitez97(m): 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

i know you like an exchange of words...
Its an integral part of you..which is a consequence of your childishness...
So take your childishness and swerve!

Shalom!
Oga give ur life to Christ before... Tomorrow may be late... Christ is the way, the truth nd Life.. U can't possibly deny dat

1 Like

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 10:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

Nope! Dionysius Exiguus came from Europe and it was he who invented the A.D/B.C system in 525AD. Jesus wouldn't have known anything about any AD/BC. Where Jesus came from is irrelevant to this issue in fact and for you to bring him up is deplorably daft.

I can see how u purposely misinterpreted the irony.
So why did somebody from europe choose someone from middle east (whom u claim never existed) as a reference point for date and chronology?

We will soon know who is deplorably daft!
cool

1 Like

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by PastorAIO: 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
felixomor:

I can see how u purposely misinterpreted the irony.
So why did somebody from europe choose someone from middle east (whom u claim never existed) as a reference point for date and chronology?

We will soon know who is deplorably daft!
cool

Two things:

You'll have to show me where I said that Jesus never existed

and secondly, if the birth of Jesus is the sure reference point then you ought to be able to tell me what year Jesus was born. Was it on 1AD?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

Two things:

You'll have to show me where I said that Jesus never existed

and secondly, if the birth of Jesus is the sure reference point then you ought to be able to tell me what year Jesus was born. Was it on 1AD?

Did u make use of the word "superstitions" to refer to the bible, on this thread, Yes or no??

Answer that one first.
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by Marvel1206: 11:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
hahn:
They are all fictitious. Especially Jehovah

No need to argue, here is the list:

Adam
Eve
Abraham
Moses
Joshua
David
Goliath
Daniel
Jesus
Peter
Paul

Just provide proof, other than the bible, that they ever existed.

undecided

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by PastorAIO: 11:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
felixomor:

Did u make use of the word "superstitions" to refer to the bible, on this thread, Yes or no??

Answer that one first.

What has that got to do with anything? Your beliefs are superstitions and delusions. I'm not taking that back.

And I take it that the reason that you haven't answered my questions is that you can't.

Hence we can conclude that you are a pathetic liar when you accuse me falsely of saying Jesus never existed.

And, the setting of the calendar into AD/BC is based on traditions and myths and not actual historical dates, since you can't even tell us, on top of all your ad/bc brouhaha, which date Jesus was actually born.

1 Like

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by blessedvisky(m): 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

your head block o...
I cant help you...
You need a change of ''brain''...
He asked you a simple question, yet all you could do is insult him. Is that all atheism has to offer?? Insults?? Nothing more?? undecided

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by blessedvisky(m): 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
felixomor:

Hahaha, so this is what C.E means?
Common Era or Current Era, abbreviated CE, is a calendar era that is often used as an alternative naming of the Anno Domini era ("in the year of the Lord"wink, abbreviated AD. The system uses BCE as an abbreviation for "before the Common (or Current) Era" and CE as an abbreviation for "Common Era".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Role Of Miracles, Signs And Wonders In The Church / Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye / Muslims, Is This True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.