Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? (5920 Views)

Some Inspirational Bible Characters You Should Model Yourself After Them / 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith / Assume All Bible Characters Are Black, Here Is How They Will Look (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by raphieMontella: 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
Kingdanitez97:

Oga give ur life to Christ before... Tomorrow may be late... Christ is the way, the truth nd Life.. U can't possibly deny dat
you're joking right?
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 11:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
blessedvisky:

Common Era or Current Era, abbreviated CE, is a calendar era that is often used as an alternative naming of the Anno Domini era ("in the year of the Lord"wink, abbreviated AD. The system uses BCE as an abbreviation for "before the Common (or Current) Era" and CE as an abbreviation for "Common Era".

Thank s bros, i knew d meaning before.

1 Like

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by raphieMontella: 11:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
blessedvisky:

He asked you a simple question, yet all you could do is insult him. Is that all atheism has to offer?? Insults?? Nothing more?? undecided
see me see wahala oo...
Hey God!
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by blessedvisky(m): 11:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
felixomor:

Thank s bros, i knew d meaning before.
You are welcome
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 11:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

What has that got to do with anything? Your beliefs are superstitions and delusions. I'm not taking that back.

And I take it that the reason that you haven't answered my questions is that you can't.

Hence we can conclude that you are a pathetic liar when you accuse me falsely of saying Jesus never existed.

And, the setting of the calendar into AD/BC is based on traditions and myths and not actual historical dates, since you can't even tell us, on top of all your ad/bc brouhaha, which date Jesus was actually born.

I can see how u quickly scribbled through ur demagoguery and rash talk.
Its expected of pple like u.

And the bad news is that even the page of Wikipedia u copied and pasted "Dyonysius" from on the issue of AD/BC system disagrees with u that Jesus was a myth.

I guess u did ur research in a hurry.

So ur status as a dishonest liar is exposed again.
Assignment for u: go and study the AD BC system again. So that u can cook up ur concoctions properly.

Ciào cool
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by blessedvisky(m): 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

see me see wahala oo...
Hey God!
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 12:02am On Oct 10, 2016
blessedvisky:

He asked you a simple question, yet all you could do is insult him. Is that all atheism has to offer?? Insults?? Nothing more?? undecided

Thank u brother.
I see u have also noticed his rash pattern of mental activity.
The boy is a prayer point. Honestly.

1 Like

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by PastorAIO: 12:03am On Oct 10, 2016
felixomor:

I can see how u quickly scribbled through ur demagoguery and rash talk.
Its expected of pple like u.

And the bad news is that the page of Wikipedia u copied and pasted "Dynosius" from on the issue of AD/BC system disagrees with u that Jesus was a myth.

So ur status as a dishonest liar is exposed again.
Assignment for u: go and study the AD BC system again. So that u can cook up ur concoctions properly.

Ciào cool

Are you an absolute idiot? Where did you hear me say that Jesus was a myth?

What is wrong with you people? Why do you lie like this?

How can a building be more solid than it's foundation? If AD is based on the life of Jesus as a precise historical fact then why the hell can you not tell me the year that Jesus was born? Was Jesus born on 1AD?

If AD is based on the birth of Jesus then you ought to be sure that jesus was born on 1AD.

I am absolutely certain that this year is 2016. As absolutely certain as I am that I am currently situated in UK. If this system of counting up till 2016 is based on the sure chronological fact of the birth of Jesus then why can you not tell me with greater certainty that Jesus was born on 1ad.

1 Like

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 12:05am On Oct 10, 2016
PastorAIO:

Are you an absolute idiot? Where did you hear me say that Jesus was a myth?

What is wrong with you people? Why do you lie like this?

How can a building be more solid than it's foundation? If AD is based on the life of Jesus as a precise historical fact then why the hell can you not tell me the year that Jesus was born? Was Jesus born on 1AD?

If AD is based on the birth of Jesus then you ought to be sure that jesus was born on 1AD.

I am absolutely certain that this year is 2016. As absolutely certain as I am that I am currently situated in UK. If this system of counting up till 2016 is based on the sure chronological fact of the birth of Jesus then why can you not tell me with greater certainty that Jesus was born on 1ad.

Abeg, even by kindergarten maths, how on earth will Jesus be born in 1 AD?

Please stop embarrassing urself.
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by raphieMontella: 12:07am On Oct 10, 2016
felixomor:

Thank u brother. I see u have also noticed his rash pattern of mental activity. The boy is a prayer point. Honestly.
lol...so you expected me to answer the question?
After creating a strawman and attaching two points that are not related ?

For real?

Save your prayers for yourself...you need them more
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by blessedvisky(m): 12:08am On Oct 10, 2016
felixomor:

Thank u brother.
I see u have also noticed his rash pattern of mental activity.
The boy is a prayer point. Honestly.
He is even a boy!!, no wonder angry

1 Like

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by raphieMontella: 12:08am On Oct 10, 2016
blessedvisky:
wetin? He gave you the answers you needed long ago..you couldnt see it.
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by PastorAIO: 12:09am On Oct 10, 2016
PastorAIO:

And I suspect that this is the point that the OP is trying to make. Not that these places or people have never existed but rather that the stories that we have about them are so indelibly mixed with mythologies and inventions of all sorts that we can hardly say we know anything about them.

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 12:10am On Oct 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

lol...so you expected me to answer the question?

After creating a strawman and attaching two points that are not related ?

For real?

Save your prayers for yourself...you need them more

Receive healing!

2 Likes

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by PastorAIO: 12:11am On Oct 10, 2016
felixomor:

Abeg, even by kindergarten maths, how on earth will Jesus be born in 1 AD?

Please stop embarrassing urself.

Okay, so Jesus wasn't born in 1ad according to you. Oya, When was he born?

What date, in this calendar system that you say is based on his historical life?

1 Like

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by blessedvisky(m): 12:12am On Oct 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

wetin? He gave you the answers you needed long ago..you couldnt see it.

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by raphieMontella: 12:21am On Oct 10, 2016
felixomor:

Receive healing!
shalom!
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by raphieMontella: 12:22am On Oct 10, 2016
[quote author=blessedvisky post=50067244][/quote] a very lame attempt... Try harder...
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by blessedvisky(m): 12:31am On Oct 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

a very lame attempt...
Try harder...

1 Like

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 12:43am On Oct 10, 2016
PastorAIO:

Okay, so Jesus wasn't born in 1ad according to you. Oya, When was he born?

What date, in this calendar system that you say is based on his historical life?

Ideally, the year zero would have been the year.
But zero is not stated in the BC system, because u cant reference him against himself.
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by PastorAIO: 12:47am On Oct 10, 2016
felixomor:

But zero is not stated in the BC system, because u cant reference him against himself.

There is no year zero. So are you saying that there was no time that Jesus was ever born?
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by PastorAIO: 12:48am On Oct 10, 2016
felixomor:

ps. Who is the him you are talking about? Jesus?

What do you mean by you can't reference him against himself?
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 12:49am On Oct 10, 2016
PastorAIO:

ps. Who is the him you are talking about? Jesus?

What do you mean by you can't reference him against himself?

How long is a metre in metres?

1 Like

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by PastorAIO: 12:50am On Oct 10, 2016
felixomor:

How long is a metre in metres?

1 metre precisely.

Perhaps I can make it easier for you.

Nero became emperor of Rome in 54 AD. How many years before Nero was crowned was Jesus born?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by PastorAIO: 12:52am On Oct 10, 2016
I'm going to bed now, but anything you want to say please continue to say it. I'll meet your posts when I wake up in the morning.

kwantinue.
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 12:57am On Oct 10, 2016
PastorAIO:

1 metre precisely.

Perhaps I can make it easier for you.

Nero became emperor of Rome in 54 AD. How many years before Nero was crowned was Jesus born?

But let me get a point first?
Before i answer u.

Did emperor Nero, ruler of Rome exist?
Was he fact or fiction?
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by raphieMontella: 9:25am On Oct 10, 2016
felixomor:

But let me get a point first? Before i answer u.
Did emperor Nero, ruler of Rome exist? Was he fact or fiction?
post shifting...
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 10:23am On Oct 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

post shifting...
Even d person i mentioned clearly read "before i answer u"

Unfortunately pple like u cant read such.
This level of discussion is too high for u .
Please shift grin
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by raphieMontella: 10:35am On Oct 10, 2016
felixomor:
Even d person i mentioned clearly read "before i answer u"
Unfortunately pple like u cant read such. This level of discussion is too high for u . Please shift grin
you know you shifted the post...and you know what im talking about.
Ps.i say your ''before I''..
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by felixomor: 10:41am On Oct 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

you know you shifted the post...and you know what im talking about.

Ps.i say your ''before I''..

Pls dont spoil an intelligent discussion u r not qualified to grace.
if u cant take time to work on ur poor grammar and reading skills, please find ur level.
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by raphieMontella: 10:45am On Oct 10, 2016
felixomor:

Pls dont spoil an intelligent discussion u r not qualified to grace.
if u cant take time to work on ur poor grammar and reading skills, please find ur level.
stop being silly...being silly doesnt pay...
Mr Good grammar..this is what you did and shamed yourself before..
Learn to be mature...it will help you a lot..
Re: Are Bible Characters Real Or Fictitious? by PastorAIO: 10:48am On Oct 10, 2016
felixomor:

But let me get a point first?
Before i answer u.

Did emperor Nero, ruler of Rome exist?
Was he fact or fiction?

olboi, if you are not sure of the existence of Emperor Nero then no wahala, let us find something that we both can agree on that exists.

Would you agree that I exist and I am writing this post to you on this day of 10 of October, 2016AD?

If you agree that then I ask you, How many years before today was Jesus born?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Muslims, Is This True? / There Is No Salvation By Faith Without Works--femi Aribisala / BBC Investigation Unveils Late Nigerian Pastor, TB Joshua’s Atrocities, Life Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.