Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria (945 Views)

Discos, Gencos Bringing Shame To Govt – Fashola / "Wike And Fayose Have Brought Shame To PDP" - Ali Modu Sheriff / It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by lacasera14(m): 4:43pm On Oct 08, 2016
There are over a 100 universities in Nigeria with
doctors and professors of economics in them,
does it mean that none of them could come up
with a panacea or therapy for our ailing
economy? none can come up with possible
solutions to proffer to this plague called
"recession "? All we do is involve in blame
games, citizens blaming the Government,
Government blaming predecessors nobody is
talking of solutions. Is Buhari really our problem?
Is the previous Government our problem? It's
time to brainstorm rather than wail.

It's a shame to all the Professors and Doctors of Economics and other relevant fields in this context here both Home and in diaspora, can't they think? can't they do some research? are they all happy about the recession?
It's high time we rise up to the call of duty, even undergraduates too should wake up and think.
It's a clarion call.

2 Likes

Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by Mynd44: 4:49pm On Oct 08, 2016
Does Nigeria have more economists than Russia and Brazil? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by donestk(m): 4:50pm On Oct 08, 2016
Do we have schools in this country?
Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by afanide: 4:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
They will give excuse that they were not given the chance to air their various opinions when social media is there free of charge.....

1 Like

Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 08, 2016
Don't you know that too many cooks spoil the broth? The case would have been better if Nigeria had only one professor of Economics.

1 Like

Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by lacasera14(m): 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
muyoge:
Don't you know that too many cooks spoil the broth? The case would have been better if Nigeria had only one professor of Economics.
don't know how possible this is and why I find it very funny.
Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2016
I'm sure we have lots of economist who has in one way or the other provided ideas to end this recession. Many are still doing it on programmes organised by TV stations.

But I'm still sure that even if we apply all the ideas from our economists, they might not work because our system is faulty. People continue to talk and talk and no one is ready to take practical steps towards ending this recession(the government is mostly guilty of this).
Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by socialmediaman: 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2016
@lacasera14

If you could answer why a child will get all the training and good counseling and instructions of his/her parents, and then still go on to be a bad child, then maybe you'll be able to answer your questions.

It's simple, the child will be given advise, but advise will not choose their friends and peers for them, advise will not prevent them from being in the club when they should be reading their books, advise is a choice they have to make, they decide if they wanna make that choice.

The president gets thousands of advise he could implement, some of them involve difficult choices that will interfere with his religious, family, social and private life. Most of them involve sacrifice and withdrawal from the very people who helped him win the presidency, do you think he'll be able to make those choices?

By the way, the president listens to a group of people he trusts, so if you bring the best advise in the world and it will prevent these trusted friends to enjoy their own turn of the national cake, your advise goes nowhere near him...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
Giving an Advice to the President that only listens to his Uncle Mamman Daura?
grin grin grin grin
Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by plaetton: 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
Nigerian universities have more religious organizations than academic organizations by a factor of 10 to 1.
How is possible to produce thinkers rather than zombies in such environments ?
Until we make our tertiary institutions a no go zone for religious merchants and quacks, we will not enjoy the dynamism and brainthrust that are the hallmarks of institutions of learning.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by lacasera14(m): 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2016
wizzyrich:
I'm sure we have lots of economist who has in one way or the other provided ideas to end this recession. Many are still doing it on programmes organised by TV stations.

But I'm still sure that even if we apply all the ideas from our economists, they might not work because our system is faulty. People continue to talk and talk and no one is ready to take practical steps towards ending this recession(the government is mostly guilty of this).
so Nigeria's current state of coma is beyond redemption
Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by mikolo80: 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2016
lacasera14:
There are over a 100 universities in Nigeria with
doctors and professors of economics in them,
does it mean that none of them could come up
with a panacea or therapy for our ailing
economy? none can come up with possible
solutions to proffer to this plague called
"recession "? All we do is involve in blame
games, citizens blaming the Government,
Government blaming predecessors nobody is
talking of solutions. Is Buhari really our problem?
Is the previous Government our problem? It's
time to brainstorm rather than wail.

It's a shame to all the Professors and Doctors of Economics and other relevant fields in this context here both Home and in diaspora, can't they think? can't they do some research? are they all happy about the recession?
It's high time we rise up to the call of duty, even undergraduates too should wake up and think.
It's a clarion call.

research is not the problem
Implementation is.
Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by mikolo80: 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
wizzyrich:

have you seen it applied anywhere
Application presupposes that you are actively changing the ''system ''
What is this ''system '' sef
Stop calling laziness system
If then put you no be thief you sef go follow thief
Abeg mowu hia word
Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
mikolo80:
have you seen it applied anywhere
Application presupposes that you are actively changing the ''system ''
What is this ''system '' sef
Stop calling laziness system
If then put you no be thief you sef go follow thief
Abeg mowu hia word
What is this one saying self ? Are you sure you read my post thoroughly ?
Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by mikolo80: 5:44am On Oct 09, 2016
wizzyrich:
What is this one saying self ? Are you sure you read my post thoroughly ?
your fada is ''this one ''

And I don't think you read what you wrote either
Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 09, 2016
mikolo80:
your fada is ''this one ''

And I don't think you read what you wrote either
Your quote was out of point and does not correspond with my earlier post. No question marks or even full stop. Everything just scatter like say na market woman dey type.

Well I'm not surprised at your level of ignorance, this is what you'll get when people like you are finding it difficult to comprehend, insults !.

Ask yourself why all the economic policies of Buhari are failing and tell me what the cause is. Perhaps you can start from the policy on the Dollar, banned importation of foreign rice etc

Is diversification of the economy not an economic idea provided by economists? Why is the president not diversifying up till today ? Is it not the same "taking practical steps" I earlier posted ?
Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by mikolo80: 5:51am On Oct 10, 2016
wizzyrich:
Your quote was out of point and does not correspond with my earlier post. No question marks or even full stop. Everything just scatter like say na market woman dey type.
no it's not
You talk disrespectfully
You will be replied disrespectfully
I gree say I write scattered
It's nairaland
Not a job application
If you can't read it
Then it's above you
Not my concern

Well I'm not surprised at your level of ignorance, this is what you'll get when people like you are finding it difficult to comprehend, insults !.
since you were the first to hurl insult that means you agree that you're the ignorant unenlightened argument losing one

Ask yourself why all the economic policies of Buhari are failing and tell me what the cause is. Perhaps you can start from the policy on the Dollar, banned importation of foreign rice etc
o now you want to talk with sense
Guess I reset your home training to default settings
What policy
Buhari only policy is both corruption
They are Jonathan appointee cbn gofnor policies

Is diversification of the economy not an economic idea provided by economists? Why is the president not diversifying up till today ? Is it not the same "taking practical steps" I earlier posted ?
he hired ogbeh that has been blowing the grammar you criticised me of not being able to
He appointed fashola
Fayemi is supposed to be cerebral
What do you want him to do again, exactly
Please tell me what you would do as President
Delegate or try to visit all states and local governments and ministries all by your lonesome
Re: It's A Shame To All Economists In Nigeria by Habakus: 6:11am On Oct 10, 2016
Wait a minute,don't tell me you're now blaming the citizens...
When you were warned not to vote in somebody who openly declined to participate in debate,someone who bluntly refused to present his certificate,you were calling us SATANOIDS...now you want everybody to share in the blame... It doesn't work like that.
Buhari and APC must perform that magic that made you to vote for him despite sound warnings from people.

(1) (Reply)

Truer Words / Protesters Storm Supreme Court Asking Arrested Judges To Leave (photos) / Federal High Court Judge, Rita Ofili-ajumogobia And Lawyers At The EFCC Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.