Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,393 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices (19733 Views)

Akon Ikpeme: Judge In Bribery Scandal With Melaye Removes Photo From Her Profile / Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss / Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 09, 2016
Chai!
they wan ruin this country embarassed

Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 09, 2016
asumo12:
grin

If life was Nigerian movie, one day thunder will strike
and Messi will fall on the pitch and start shouting
Messi: I will confess!!! I will confess!!! Pls o I will talk o, I tied Ronaldinho and made him destructive and lose form in his last season.
Crowd: heyyyyyyyyy!!!
MESSI: I also used the charm I got from Argentina to tie Theiry Henry, to make sure he doesn't shine better than me. (Messi coughs and continues) I cursed Bojan and Giovanni Dos Santos when they started playing well and wanted to be better than me.
Crowd: heyyyyyyy!!
Messi: I made Guardiola sell Etoo to Inter milan because his juju was spoiling my own.
Barca Fans: Ewoooo... We always knew Guardiola was not in his right senses when he sold Etoo for nothing.
Messi: I used Ibrahimovic's face to taunt Guardiola and chase him with cutlass in his dream, cos he started scoring when he come to Barca, that's why Guardiola started avoiding Ibrahimovic
Crowd: No wonderrrrr!!! This boy you are evil
Messi: I tried to use my charm on Suarez and Neymar that's why they played badly when they first joined Barca, but their families' prayers freed them from my coven.
L. Enrique: ALU!!!! ABORMINATION!!! !!
Messi: I made Holland hammer Spain in the world cup in Brazil so that Xavi and Iniesta would be mocked
Xavi: Messi why na? After all the love we showed you.
Messi: I sacrificed Argentina and they will never win a major Senior trophy so that I can be winning the world best.
Higuain: Now I know why I missed all those simple chances to score... Chai!!!
Messi: Sepp Blatter is our occult grand-master that's why he is always making sure I win the world best and my problems started when his own started too.
Sneijder: That's why they denied me the world best player in 2010. I will kill you...
(Rushes to strangle Messi but Etoo holds him)
Messi: I made the press always write bad things about Ronaldo and always portray me as good, but I am the Evil genuis.
Goal.com pundit: Now I know why I love CR7 but I always report bad about him...
Messi: "I tried to kill Cristiano Ronaldo with
frustration in Euros and also caused his injury in the final of Euro so Portugal will not win the cup as I couldn't win with Argentina but the rosary the Portuguese prayed made the juju to backfire and it is his God that hammered me with thunder. My body is burning fire ooo!! fire ooo!!! I have confessed I have confessed
Crowd: heyyyyyyyyy!!!
Cristiano Ronaldo will then come with a bible and chaplet in his hands and start crying, and the background music will start playing one sobber song and Ferguson, Nani and Marcelo will start consoling him.
L. Enrique : Oya come and be going away from our club
Hleb: What did we do to deserve this?
Etoo: Thank God your juju could not work on me cos he that is in me is greater...
Pique: The chief must hear this.
Mikel: Shebi I tell una say na me deserve the best player for U20 world cup in 2005. (Pushes Messi's head) Winch boy
Donnel01.. Choi!!!

. . . . . LWKMD!

1 Like

Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by burningray: 10:33am On Oct 09, 2016
Firefire:
APC dramas on the increase... grin
whenever apc behaves this way there is always a ghost behind the curtain they are covering. So they distract us with this dramas

2 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by Jalinco: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2016
@OP, this is why there must be arrest and manhandle, Nigerians don't confess to crime when the investigator is smiling.
You see money in people's account they will tell you it belongs to their grandma but they don't know what their grandma does for a living.
Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by eneez(m): 10:52am On Oct 09, 2016
Miriam19:
Hmmmm
nice hair
Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by WiseFool2(m): 11:00am On Oct 09, 2016
micfoley:
Which one is street journal again?
Street ti take over.
Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by Miriam19(f): 11:12am On Oct 09, 2016
eneez:

nice hair
Thanks
Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 09, 2016
Arrested Judges could become billionaires but ........... & other stories.
So much have been said about the judges arrested by the DSS. But in the end, there can only be two outcomes.
Outcome 1
If the evidence against them is true, then they should be ready to spend the time. In America, they say if you
can't spend the time (jail), don't commit the crime
Outcome 2
The arrested judges may as well be smiling to the banks. If they have been wrongly accused, their days in
court would be interesting. Sue the FG, Police and the DSS. Claim damages in dollars.
The real question: does corruption exist in the judiciary? NJC has confirmed that severally. There is
corruption in the judiciary.
Are there some elements of
dictatorship in democracy? USA (arrested a sitting Panama president,
Manuel Noriega on drug charges), France (toppled govts in Africa), UK (part of allied forces that toppled
Sadam Hussein).
Have there been recent examples in Nigeria? Obasanjo ( a sitting
governor was abducted in Anambra), Jonathan (a sitting gov locked inside govt house), Buhari (serving judges arrested on corruption charges).
Why democracy has elements of dictatorship? It will happen because the President is also the commander in chief of the armed forces. Too much power? Now check this out: as wives and husbands, do we exercise dictatorial
powers at home? Your answer is my answer.
Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by Ahmeduana(m): 11:28am On Oct 09, 2016
StepTwo:

the man just denied one allegation and yet you add another one.

and i guess all the thugs had Akpabios name written on their forehead.

well, lets wait for the judges to speak sha, cant argue over it, was just my thought.
you don't know there type? Let me tell you, they are the FIND HIM GUILTY AT ALL COST CREW, WHERE I COME FROM WE HAVE A NAME FOR SUCH PEOPLE, "awon a bani wa oran bi a o ri da" which means; PEOPLE THAT WILL CREATE PROBLEMS FOR YOU IF YOU WON'T CREATE ONE FOR YOURSELF! and is only God that can save the righteous from such people, they will make sure they go to any length to find you guilty.

1 Like

Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by nonjebose(m): 11:40am On Oct 09, 2016
Interesting times. Let's see how events unfold
Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by WhiskeyTangoFox: 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
Chikpat:
"He has had no contact with any of the judges with the intention of bribing dem"

LIES! WHITE LIES!!

I KNOW IT WEN PPL TELL STUPID AND UNINTELLIGENT LIES IN BROAD DAY LIGHT OR IN THE DARK NIGHTS.

Typical Nigerian, without facts, sources or even comprehensive investigation;in ur all knowing wisdom, u resort to ur normal judgy self and utter words dat are as concrete as smoke. U probably sat on ur toilet seat and came up with dat baseless conclusion in little or no time. My question is, do u possess the technical knowledge to even act as a presiding judge over this matter? What substantial evidence can u submit to back u claim dat those are white lies? Judge not so u wnt be judged, things myt have a colour visible to d eye from an angle, and a different colour from a different angle. Assumptions are jst d bedrock of conspiracy theories. There are always 2 sides to a story and it's only fair to hear both sides b4 deriving a conclusion.
Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by yedidiah(m): 1:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
I strongly believe that this àrrests are beyond corruption allegation. We all know judges are corrupt so that one no be new thing. Politicians have been benefiting from their corruption for a long time now. I believe the motive behind this raid is to use these judges as scape goats to instill fear in the hearts of other judges when delivering key judgements.

Knowing that your safety is not guaranteed if your judgement doesn't favour the goons in power, is enough for such judges to think twice.
Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by Charly68: 2:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
A won babanla political polluters
Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by Edum13656: 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
Highest "briber" is T.A Orji. but this one go hook am...
Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by emperorzz(m): 7:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hmnn..they can pour accusations and deny all they want but we know that no politician contesting for a seat in the government visits you- if you are influential no matter how little- for any reason whatsoever and
leaves empty handed....that's Nigeria!
Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by Chikpat(m): 9:43am On Oct 10, 2016
WhiskeyTangoFox:

Typical Nigerian, without facts, sources or even comprehensive investigation;in ur all knowing wisdom, u resort to ur normal judgy self and utter words dat are as concrete as smoke. U probably sat on ur toilet seat and came up with dat baseless conclusion in little or no time. My question is, do u possess the technical knowledge to even act as a presiding judge over this matter? What substantial evidence can u submit to back u claim dat those are white lies? Judge not so u wnt be judged, things myt have a colour visible to d eye from an angle, and a different colour from a different angle. Assumptions are jst d bedrock of conspiracy theories. There are always 2 sides to a story and it's only fair to hear both sides b4 deriving a conclusion.

For ur gud and d gud of ur country ; rciv mor sense in Nairaland.
Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by Chikpat(m): 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2016
WhiskeyTangoFox:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/02/10/how-senator-akpabio-governor-emmanuel-procured-controversial-supreme-court-judgment

A source close to the Attorney General of Akwa Ibom State told SaharaReporters that the “negotiations” on how to “capture the Supreme Court” started in late December 2015, shortly after the Nigerian Court of Appeal made an omnibus nullification of elections held throughout Akwa Ibom State.

The source, who sought anonymity, disclosed that the state’s immediate past governor, Mr. Akpabio, who is the minority leader at the Nigerian Senate, had reached out to Justice John Inyang Okoro of the Supreme Court to help broker a deal with Chief Justice Mahmud Mohammed and other justices of the Supreme Court to overturn the Appeal Court's judgment.

“Akpabio was instrumental to the elevation of Justice Okoro to the Supreme Court by former President [Goodluck] Jonathan in 2013. As such, it was payback time,” said the source, adding, “Initially, we thought that it would not be possible to penetrate the Supreme Court, but Justice Okoro and other powerful forces made it possible.”

The source revealed that Mr. Akpabio and Governor Udom directed the state’s Attorney General to work closely with Justice Okoro to ensure that the judgment favored the PDP.

“A pre-hearing conference was held in Abuja between the AG, Justice Okoro, Justice Chima Centus Nweze [another Supreme Court justice], some PDP members and the governor's legal,” our source said. According to him, Justice Nweze actually coached the governor's team on the issues they should emphasize in their briefs so that the Supreme Court would depend on those briefs to overturn the Appeal Court's judgment.”

Our source disclosed that Justice Nweze instructed the lawyers representing the state government to argue that, since the maker of the card reader accreditation report did not tender the document, no “probative value” should be attached to it. The government’s lawyers were asked to stress the point that the other parties had no opportunity for cross-examination.

In addition, the lawyers were told to argue that the petitioners’ case was contradictory. “Justice Nweze asked our lawyers to emphasize that, even though the petition contended that there was no election in the state, they went ahead to tender the card reader accreditation report, voters register, ballot papers and other documents used during the election,” said our source.

“Another technical point the justices told the lawyers to use was that the Appeal Court's judgment did not overturn the decision of the electoral tribunal which had rejected the evidence of forensic experts called by the petitioners. Yet the petitioners went ahead to rely on the evidence of forensic experts on the total number of persons accredited based on the voters register during the election.”

Regarding the petitioners’ argument that there was no collation of results, Justices Okoro and Nweze coached Mr. Nwoko and the PDP lawyers to argue that the petitioners had failed to provide sufficient evidence to prove their case. They were also told to argue that even the court could collate election results, where the need arises. The Supreme Court justices taught Mr. Nwoko and his legal team to argue that non-compliance with the provisions of the Electoral Act must be proved polling unit by polling unit.

A senior lawyer familiar with the state government’s arguments told SaharaReporters that they were mere technicalities that should not have been used to settle the legal dispute. He said, for example, that it was not legally mandatory for the maker of a duly certified public document, like the card reader accreditation report, to personally tender the document.

Said the lawyer: “In the case of Akwa Ibom, the report was duly certified by INEC which conducted the election. All the parties, including INEC, relied on this same report in their pleadings. They even said they would produce it at the trial. So the issue of cross-examination of the maker of the report does not arise because the authenticity of the document was never disputed by any of the parties.” He asked, “What contradictions are they talking about? The argument that the petitioners cannot say that there was no election and still go ahead to tender ballot papers, voter register and other documents are ridiculous. What the petitioners said was that no election known to law was conducted in Akwa Ibom State. A election is only election if it complies substantially with the provisions of the Electoral Act. In any event, the said ballot papers were mangled and destroyed by corrupt INEC officials. Why should anyone who said he conducted [an] election destroy ballot papers purportedly used for the said election? The voters register also showed that only 448, 307 people were accredited, as opposed to the more than 1.2 million votes declared. What other demonstration did they expect when the petitioners had used the voters register during trial to cross-examine witnesses called by the respondents which showed that most of the witnesses called by the respondents were not accredited?”

The lawyer described as “nonsensical” the argument that the Court of Appeal did not overturn the tribunal’s rejection of the evidence of the forensic experts. He remarked that the petitioners had specifically appealed against the rejection and the Appeal Court upheld the appeal. “The law does not require the court to use a particular language to express its positions. It is also untenable for anyone to ask the petitioners, in a case like this, to call witnesses in all the polling units in the State. If that were so, then the trial would not have been concluded in one year,” he said, adding that the card reader report and the voters register proved there was over voting in all the 2982 polling units of the State.

The lawyer further contended that the petitioners had established numerous cases of multiple signing, mutilation and alteration of results and collation forms in 27 out of the 31 local government areas of the state.

“It is rather strange for the Supreme Court to just throw away all the evidence of non-compliance and corrupt practices,” the lawyer stated. He added that the verdict left the impression of an attempt to justify a pre-determined outcome. “Does it mean that the judges who sat over this case at the tribunal and the Appeal Court were not sound in law? How can the Supreme Court just reject the very card reader that brought sanity into our electoral process? Is INEC not empowered by the Constitution and the Electoral Act to issue binding guidelines for elections? Where in the Electoral Act is ticking of names of voters as evidence of accreditation provided for?”

According to the lawyer, the respondents had contended that card readers worked effectively, claiming that they used incident forms where the readers failed. “The question is: where are the Incident Forms?” he asked.

Decrying the decline in the reputation of the Supreme Court, the lawyer noted that the petitioners had submitted 350 pieces of documentary evidence, including videos, accusing the Supreme Court of deciding to look the other way.
Re: Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices by Chikpat(m): 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
WhiskeyTangoFox:

https://www.nairaland.com/3415273/supreme-court-judge-confesses-received

A serving senator of the federal republic of Nigeria has been fingered in a bribery allegation after a supreme court judge confessed.Former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, and now senate minority leader Godswill Akpabio may have landed in serious trouble with the Department of State Service (DSS) after a Supreme Court judge confessed to have received bribes from him.According to Sahara Reporters on Tuesday, October 18, Justice John Okoro has told DSS investigators that he received a bribe of $20,000 from Akapabio when he (Okoro) was appointed to the exalted judiciary position in 2013.It is believed the incident took place while Akpabio was still governor of Akwa Ibom state where he served from 2007 to 2015 before he was elected to become a senator.This is coming barely two weeks afteroperatives of the DSS stormed several houses of some judges across thecountry and arrested them based on corruption allegation.http://www.tori.ng/news/43332/senator-akpabio-in-trouble-as-supreme-court-judge.html

Mumu!
Receive sense in NL

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Pictured With Davematics Ombugadu Nasarawa PDP Candidate / 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Nigerian Military Allegedly Starved Of Food / Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.