Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,774 members, 7,837,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

DSS Gestapo Invasion Of Judges’ Residences, Threat To Democracy – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Gestapo Invasion Of Judges’ Residences, Threat To Democracy – Fayose (311 Views)

Anti-Open Grazing Law: Mansur Dan-Ali, A Disgrace To Democracy - Benue APC / Sheriff’s Reinstatement, Rape On Democracy – Fayose / DSS Gestapo Invasion Of Judges’ Residences, Threat To Democracy – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

DSS Gestapo Invasion Of Judges’ Residences, Threat To Democracy – Fayose by sweetsandy4luv(f): 8:59am On Oct 09, 2016
Ekiti State governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has described the invasion of residences of five judges, including those of two Justices of the Supreme Court – Justice Walter Onnoghen (who is in line to succeed the outgoing Chief Justice of Nigeria) and Justice Sylvester Ngwuta, by armed men of the Department of State Service (DSS) and reported arrest as a direct assault on the judiciary.

Governor Fayose, who addressed the press in Ado-Ekiti on Saturday, said; “It should now be obvious to all Nigerians and the international community that democracy is under threat in Nigeria and Nigerians must rise to save democracy from being truncated.”

The governor said; “For all intent and purposes, there is no how the federal government can justify the gestapo and crude action of the DSS against our judiciary, the last hope of the common man and I believe
they just want to hide under anti-corruption fight to blackmail and intimidate the judiciary. If not, have the affected judges been reported to the National Judicial Council (NJC), the body saddled with the responsibilities of investigating and sanctioning erring judges? Were the affected judges ever invited by the DSS and they refused to honour the invitation?

“I am particularly worried over the involvement of Justice Walter Onnoghen in the invasion, and I hope this is not a plot to prevent his appointment as the next CJN just because he is from the South South
region.

“Nigerians should be reminded that I raised similar alarm when this regime of impunity started with the invasion of the Akwa-Ibom State government house and later the Ekiti State House of Assembly.

“I did say then that democracy in Nigeria was becoming unsafe in the hands of this APC government and that those keeping silent because of politics might also end up in the belly of the roaring lion that is
threatening to consume our democracy. Then, those who ought to have joined in condemning the DSS impunity at that time kept silent for fear of the unknown. Now we have gotten to the height of it and Nigeria faces full-blown military dictatorship! This is sad!
Continue reading here>>>http://www.newsflashngr.com/dss-gestapo-invasion-of-judges-residences-threat-to-democracy-fayose/

Re: DSS Gestapo Invasion Of Judges’ Residences, Threat To Democracy – Fayose by SalomonKane: 9:08am On Oct 09, 2016
While we condemn the mode and manner the DSS invaded the homes of these judges, we shouldn't sympathise with them either.

I see no reason why those who swore an oath to preserve and uphold justice should be thwarting it by collecting huge bribes from corrupt politicians.

I now believe it's high time our politicians start swearing their oath of service with Amadioha and Sango because the Quran and Bible which they use have proved ineffective over time.

I believe Sango and Amadioha are more responsive in times of dealing with erring people than the christian and moslem God.
Re: DSS Gestapo Invasion Of Judges’ Residences, Threat To Democracy – Fayose by praise010(m): 9:10am On Oct 09, 2016
There are times when you lack words to describe certain situations. that's my predicaments now.

Most of these Judges are more corrupt than the Police but the manner of arrest is unwarranted an unjustifiable.

I can't see the usefulness of NJC because they are all of same family. if the NJC could not prosecute the former Chief Judge of Enugu state whose corruption profile is so glaring, then they can't even invite a Supreme Court Justice.

The rot in the system is much.
Re: DSS Gestapo Invasion Of Judges’ Residences, Threat To Democracy – Fayose by Mynd44: 9:50am On Oct 09, 2016

(1)

PHOTOS: 22nd Nigerian Economic Summit / Addressed By The Minister Of Information And Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed / NDDC Warns Against Fake Agric Empowerment Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.